Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,815 members, 7,820,881 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 12:29 AM

The Dillema Men Who Work In A Female World Face - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / The Dillema Men Who Work In A Female World Face (655 Views)

Man Feels Guilty Everytime His Wife Reigns Curses On The Men Who Raped Her. / **Nigerian Men Who Are Scared Of Successful Women Possess Low Mentality** / ‘I Know Four Men Who Have Slept With My Wife’ (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Dillema Men Who Work In A Female World Face by tobechi74: 11:57pm On Dec 04, 2014
For most of recorded history women were very restricted in all manner of things, but in the modern world women can do basically anything we want. I don’t just mean legally; I mean it is societally more or less acceptable for women to pursue almost any career or hobby they desire.

While it is true that women in traditionally male-dominated fields such as police work, finance, or law often face greater obstacles than do their male counterparts in those roles, in general women who choose a career that is traditionally outside the “feminine scope” receive far more praise & encouragement than men who choose more traditionally feminine careers such as nursing, teaching, or working with young children in any capacity. Stay-at-home moms certainly face a fair amount of prejudice in our society (perhaps most from other women), but consider how much greater prejudice stay-at-home dads must face. While one could certainly argue that most men would never even contemplate such a choice, consider how much harder that makes it for a man who truly desires that role?
Re: The Dillema Men Who Work In A Female World Face by tobechi74: 12:02am On Dec 05, 2014
On a lighter note, say a woman decides to play video games. While plenty of other women may find this odd, the average man is probably going to think it’s hot. But say a man decides to get regular manicures (with actual painted nails); the average woman is NOT going to find this hot.
On a similar note, say a woman chooses to dress in a more masculine fashion, maybe even wear men’s clothes from time to time. This may not be their preferred look, but most guys probably won’t be truly offended by it. However, if a man chooses to wear women’s clothes even occasionally, most people, of both genders, will find this quite offensive & weird. I’m not arguing that men should wear women’s clothes, though if they want to, that’s certainly their prerogative. I’m just trying to show how women really do have greater freedom in some areas
Re: The Dillema Men Who Work In A Female World Face by tobechi74: 12:09am On Dec 05, 2014
Overall, when I think about how society views gender roles nowadays,I can’t help but feel that women are now afforded greater freedom than men in many ways, as I’ve listed
Re: The Dillema Men Who Work In A Female World Face by Nobody: 12:25am On Dec 05, 2014
True talk, but I have seen alot of instances where men are cooks and have been applauded for that.
Re: The Dillema Men Who Work In A Female World Face by Daresh(f): 9:29am On Dec 05, 2014
tobechi74:
Overall, when I think about how society views gender roles nowadays,I can’t help but feel that women are now afforded greater freedom than men in many ways, as I’ve listed

I have read all you wrote now let me list the basic freedoms women don't have.

1) We cannot walk alone into a club or bar for a drink and not be judged as a prostitute.

2) We cannot drink and get drunk because you must always be in control

3) We cannot wear what we want to wear so as not to raise a man agro

4) We cannot walk on the street after dark for fear of being raped.

5) We cannot jog alone in the mornings or evening for fear of being raped.

6) We are not expected to have an opinion when "men" are speaking. I have personally been a victim. A security guard at my friends estate would address my husband not me even when I spoke directly to him.

7) Women are paid less for doing the same work as men.

This is a short list, I need to baff and go to work.

(1) (Reply)

Who Is A Wealthy Person In This Situation? / Awful Parents Abandon Infant At Mcdonald's / Sand Storm In Saudi Arabia That Looks Like The End Of The World

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.