Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,160,002 members, 7,841,844 topics. Date: Monday, 27 May 2024 at 03:44 PM

Why Nigeria Cancelled US Military Training – FG - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Why Nigeria Cancelled US Military Training – FG (30557 Views)

Some Insane Military Training Around The World. / Why Buhari Cancelled US Trip / Nigeria Government terminates US Military Training Of Army (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Nigeria Cancelled US Military Training – FG by fkaz(m): 8:31am On Dec 05, 2014
idupaul:

Kai kai .. With this kind of reasoning there is no hope for the black race

So what kind of reasoning will you profess? You beg for assistance to fight boko from US, release some of your equipment for training your soldier, you say NO.
Re: Why Nigeria Cancelled US Military Training – FG by leofab(f): 8:33am On Dec 05, 2014
clubone05:

on the contrary. .u are the silly one...I read alot of comments on here and I can understand why the high failure rate in this country.

The US said "on Nigeria request. ..training was cancelled" simple and unassuming.

One dumbo press secretary. ..comes to tell us that equipment need for the training is in use in the North. So ALL...ALL...the said equipment are in use..and we have none in the whole country again. ...but as usual the guy won't be sacked.

Take a moment ...read...try to understand.

you be wise enough to know that the govt is referring to the few T73 and T80 recently acquired in pairs...
Re: Why Nigeria Cancelled US Military Training – FG by leofab(f): 8:34am On Dec 05, 2014
CityNG:
I'm surrounded by clueless twits on NL.

Perhaps the US wants Nigerian Army to remove those weapons that they use to maim and kill ordinary civilians and show them how to properly use them on actual enemies instead.
nothing but a nonentity!'nn
Re: Why Nigeria Cancelled US Military Training – FG by clubone05: 8:38am On Dec 05, 2014
idupaul:

When I read comments like this I know the black race is doomed

yes the black race is really doomed....ur silly Govt just cancelled a training with a super power..and people are forming conspiracy theories.

A teacher asked u to come for lessons ..but u refused because u claim u don't have txt books or ur txt text books are being used by ur twin or that u are reading the text books(wey u no sabi anything ooo)....how wont u fail....

u have to crawl b4 you walk. ..the master trainings the apprentice. .so the apprentice becomes a master...but in naija we all assume that na ur oga dey u...ur master no want make a graduate. . Black race thinking.

1 Like

Re: Why Nigeria Cancelled US Military Training – FG by BlackTechnology: 8:40am On Dec 05, 2014
sanmibukunmi:

Should we be yearning to build weapons at d expense of development N/Korea,Pakistan etc have good weapons but the life of their citizens are not to write home abt....Pakistan has an atomic bomb but they are still finding it difficult to quench the blood shed by the Taliban so of what use is their bomb.....all of us seem to thirst for war but we have no idea what it is.....I will rather hope for good development and better life quality than building weapons of destruction. Let build our country first dn we can talk abt weapons.

Without security there can't be development

If you doubt me , relocate to the north.
Re: Why Nigeria Cancelled US Military Training – FG by Truckpusher(m): 8:40am On Dec 05, 2014
Graham123:

Which country would you rather we pitch our tent with? Russia? China?
We should use them and develop our military industry by building some of our equipments by ourselves by going into partnership even with smaller countries that has the needed technology,we can do it because we have the human resources both home and abroad to achieve whatever we want , all the govt needed to do is invest in the people that are willing to learn and contribute.

We can even trade oil and gas with poorer countries for technology.
We can build our own research centers and entice some of our professional folks abroad with good welfare and package to come back and contribute their own quota of nation building.
We can encourage local and foreign companies to build our own defence mechanism by reducing tax for them while buying up all their products of a targeted production.
If we get it right we would be exporting to neighbouring West African countries and beyond.But again these politicians seem not to have a clue of what we can achieve as a nation if only we are willing to spend some money in the right place and make the right decisions.

We can virtually do everything for ourselves as a people.

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why Nigeria Cancelled US Military Training – FG by Reference(m): 8:41am On Dec 05, 2014
Graham123:

Which country would you rather we pitch our tent with? Russia? China?

Most certainly. We should be looking east. We should have been looking east since the end of the civil war. I'm sorry. People like me have no affinity or admiration for the west or the US in particular. I respect them asma people and where they have taken themselves but that country is slowly becoming rogue. They have issues with nations having strong, independent and self actualizing ideologies whether France, India, Russia or China. They dislike strong countries. With a population of 150 million and this level if diversity we simply cannot affod to be a weak, divided country. It is dangerous.

1 Like

Re: Why Nigeria Cancelled US Military Training – FG by Toktee(m): 8:42am On Dec 05, 2014
starlingbawa:
Irrespective of whatever international politics that is being played out, it is pertinent to say that the Nigerian Army is the 'BIGGEST ' loser at the end of the day in all of this.
Naked lies,dnt even blive them,how on earth the Americans will ask the nigerian army to widraw the equipment frm the frnt line,it does nt make any sense,does it mean the entire nigerian equipment are deployed in the three state and yet,bokoharan are standing tall?
Believe me,there is somethng going on that me and you dnt knw,why the nigerian govt refused the assistance given to them by the US,CHINA,FRANCE,BRITAIN ETc to fight bokoharam,why?
Re: Why Nigeria Cancelled US Military Training – FG by Bayswater: 8:46am On Dec 05, 2014
texazzpete:

You mean like how the Russians covertly supplied aid, training and arms to the Vietcong during the Vietnam war? Or to the North Koreans during the Korean war?

There's a reason why it was called the 'Cold War'. You naive children seem to know nothing of history. Shame.

Old man, tell us some history. You seem to know a lot.

Whilst Russia is no saint, you will have to try really hard to justify America's actions in different wars they've started and aided.

1 Like

Re: Why Nigeria Cancelled US Military Training – FG by fkaz(m): 8:46am On Dec 05, 2014
hizroyalflynes:

Assuming u ar d president u would have allowed them to withdraw d equipment for training
Xo that by d tym they return d equipment if in 1 piece
North would have become history
I beg reason well b4 talking

Jaji is in kaduna where the training will be carried out is still part of north and close to the three state of emergency , America ask for some and not all equipment.
Re: Why Nigeria Cancelled US Military Training – FG by Truckpusher(m): 8:48am On Dec 05, 2014
clubone05:

yes the black race is really doomed....ur silly Govt just cancelled a training with a super power..and people are forming conspiracy theories.

A teacher asked u to come for lessons ..but u refused because u claim u don't have txt books or ur txt text books are being used by ur twin or that u are reading the text books(wey u no sabi anything ooo)....how wont u fail....

u have to crawl b4 you walk. ..the master trainings the apprentice. .so the apprentice becomes a master...but in naija we all assume that na ur oga dey u...ur master no want make a graduate. . Black race thinking.
People like you are the numerous reasons why the black race is doomed.

The superpower you're talking about ,which superpower did they attach themselves to become great?
All the govt needed to do is to make the right policies and follow them ensuring that the policies are made in such a manner that continuity can't be trivialized.

Who in this life have made it great by constantly getting their head stuffed in another man's asss?
Re: Why Nigeria Cancelled US Military Training – FG by Reference(m): 8:49am On Dec 05, 2014
Toktee:
Naked lies,dnt even blive them,how on earth the Americans will ask the nigerian army to widraw the equipment frm the frnt line,it does nt make any sense,does it mean the entire nigerian equipment are deployed in the three state and yet,bokoharan are standing tall?
Believe me,there is somethng going on that me and you dnt knw,why the nigerian govt refused the assistance given to them by the US,CHINA,FRANCE,BRITAIN ETc to fight bokoharam,why?

Because we don't want foreign forces and bases on our soil, simple. No Nigerian government since the independence has allowed that. And even if they did, to deploy western forces in muslim dominated areas will further alienate the peoples of that region from the government.

1 Like

Re: Why Nigeria Cancelled US Military Training – FG by clubone05: 8:50am On Dec 05, 2014
leofab:
you be wise enough to know that the govt is referring to the few T73 and T80 recently acquired in pairs...

sweetie. ..an unassuming state would have ended this debate. ..

now let me pick apart ur statement.

The few T73 and T80...why are they few..With a bulk budget for defence yearly.

Recently acquired. ..if they are new ..have they received training on them...if there are tactical training required..won't it be prudent and proficient to train 1st before use.

babes that rejoinder from the nigerian govt was unnecessary and tactless.
Re: Why Nigeria Cancelled US Military Training – FG by Truckpusher(m): 8:51am On Dec 05, 2014
Reference:

Most certainly. We should be looking east. We should have been looking east since the end of the civil war. I'm sorry. People like me have no affinity or admiration for the west or the US in particular. I respect them asma people and where they have taken themselves but that country is slowly becoming rogue. They have issues with nations having strong, independent and self actualizing ideologies whether France, India, Russia or China. They dislike strong countries. With a population of 150 million and this level if diversity we simply cannot affod to be a weak, divided country. It is dangerous.
America already gone rogue long time ago but like the proverbial rich mad man .Who would want to call him a mad man to his face?
Re: Why Nigeria Cancelled US Military Training – FG by BEN1986: 8:52am On Dec 05, 2014
The likes of ABACHA could have better handled this BH and US.
Re: Why Nigeria Cancelled US Military Training – FG by Adminisher: 8:54am On Dec 05, 2014
This is a very big LIE from the FG.This is what OBJ was talking about, disrespecting the IQ of Nigerians.
Re: Why Nigeria Cancelled US Military Training – FG by BlackTechnology: 8:56am On Dec 05, 2014
Truckpusher:
Only a Western African nation with poor sense of history would even trust America with her internal security at any level.

America's involvement in any internal conflict is akin to jumping into bed with a prostitute that wouldn't hesitate to stab you to death while you were asleep if her interest changes.
He who dines with the white house should always dine with a long spoon.

Unknown to so many Nigerians, US was behind the coup against Ghana's Nkrumah.

1 Like

Re: Why Nigeria Cancelled US Military Training – FG by jamace(m): 8:56am On Dec 05, 2014
Let the US go away for now. Nigeria needs breathing space.
Re: Why Nigeria Cancelled US Military Training – FG by Nobody: 9:00am On Dec 05, 2014
fkaz:

Jaji is in kaduna where the training will be carried out is still part of north and close to the three state of emergency , America ask for some and not all equipment.
It still a way to weaken the military
Which equipment can Nigeria boast of that America dont have...
FG is clamoring for more weapons.. They aren't selling
The next thing they want us to do is Withdraw some of the weapon for training .dey wanna help BH cause more havoc? Or what
Re: Why Nigeria Cancelled US Military Training – FG by clubone05: 9:03am On Dec 05, 2014
Truckpusher:
People like you are the numerous reasons why the black race is doomed.

The superpower you're talking about ,which superpower did they attach themselves to become great?
All the govt needed to do is to make the right policies and follow them ensuring that the policies are made in such a manner that continuity can't be trivialized.

Who in this life have made it great by constantly getting their head stuffed in another man's asss?

my brother. ...lets be objectives. ..the super power im talking about fought 4 great wars(ww1,ww2,Vietnam and the cold war with Russia) to get to where they are now military wise.do u want Nigeria to fight those same wars too..

the fastest way to any point is always the straight line....the US has this knowledge. .just go get it..and be done with that..all this trail and error is costing us human life.

My brother. .. there is a phrase " stooping to conquer"

Lets reason. ..
Re: Why Nigeria Cancelled US Military Training – FG by Truckpusher(m): 9:09am On Dec 05, 2014
BlackTechnology:

Unknown to so many Nigerians, US was behind the coup against Ghana's Nkrumah.
All the coupes that took place in Africa in the late 60s and early 80s were all sanctioned by the US using the CIA.
After independence they became afraid that most African nations might go for communism.This fear ,paranoia and wanting to control Africa led to the assassination of most west African civilian and military heads of states that has refused some of their economic policies to fly.
Where you aware that Muritala Mohamed was assassinated by colonel Dimka shortly after the throwing out of the yanks from the juicy Nigerian steel industrial revolution master plan by his government,the moment he gave the contract to the Russians his fate was sealed .This is one reason why that old ota farmer needed to dumped out from Nigeria's politics today.They have betrayed this country beyond repair for their own selfish interest.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why Nigeria Cancelled US Military Training – FG by yemivictor: 9:13am On Dec 05, 2014
kmariko:
Why Nigeria cancelled US military training – FG

on December 05, 2014 / in News 12:46 am

By Caleb Ayansina

ABUJA—The Federal Government, yesterday, gave reason for the cancellation of the training of Nigerian soldiers by American security experts, attributing it to logistic problem.

The U.S. Government, through its Embassy in Abuja on Monday said in a statement that “At the request of the Nigerian government, the United States will discontinue its training of a Nigerian Army battalion.”

But Nigerian government explained that it did not cancel the training, but that the condition placed down by US government was not healthy for the security of lives and property of its citizens, particularly those in the north east region.

The conditions, according to it, include withdrawing of some military equipment from the battle field, so that the American could use them to train the soldiers.

The Coordinator of the National Information Centre, Mr. Mike Omeri, who stated this during a routine briefing on security situation in the country, in Abuja, said the government would not expose its citizens at the mercy of insurgents because it wants to train its solders.

However, Omeri maintained that the two countries were not at variance as being insinuated by some people in the country. “Nigeria and America have strong military relation till date. It’s still ongoing and strong,” he said, disclosing that Nigerian soldiers had concluded two phases of the training out of the three.

Omeri explained that the third phase had to do with logistical components which the Americas did not provide but instead relied on Nigerian Military equipments, which was currently in use in the troubled states.

- See more at: http://www.vanguardngr.com/2014/12/nigeria-cancelled-us-military-training-fg/#sthash.824Sq4b1.dpuf

What are the terms and conditions of the agreement to train our troops?

I do not think America would hold back on their military hardware if they had signed an agreement to provide same for the training.
Re: Why Nigeria Cancelled US Military Training – FG by 4C2215131: 9:14am On Dec 05, 2014
...And so it begins.
Re: Why Nigeria Cancelled US Military Training – FG by onatisi(m): 9:14am On Dec 05, 2014
Stoical:

@Graham and Onatisi: You guys are really on point. I bet you, there are so many other like minds who no longer feel safe to contribute, albeit only on nairaland, meaningful and constructive contribution/criticism, without having the fears that they will be insulted. As such, only the topic is viewed and it ends there. To say the least, it's a pity that our generation of youths is like this. But, I know there's hope somewhere...maybe, the very insignificant percentage of people with proper thinking will someday come to the limelight. We shouldn't just lose hope but do our best in our little corners.

Nobody is against people with opposing views here. I personally welcome criticism, but only if it's constructive enough and not destructive. This is because, I believe all can't always answer 'aye' or 'nay'. But, when insults, even with least or no provocation is the order of every thread here...it's rather pitying.

There will always be conspiracy theories about US. Ofcourse, they operate a policy of interest, so it would be of the interest of any allied nations to watch very closely and do what's needful and beneficial to her people. I hope we could follow accusations towards our government with both constructive criticism and better solution suggested OR support their right or seemingly right actions for the betterment of this supposed GIANT of Africa.

Long Live The True Citizens of Nigeria
Long Live The Federal Republic of Nigeria
I guess u are right .
Re: Why Nigeria Cancelled US Military Training – FG by jamace(m): 9:15am On Dec 05, 2014
fkaz:

So what kind of reasoning will you profess? You beg for assistance to fight boko from US, release some of your equipment for training your soldier, you say NO.
The US should be training the troops on newly acquired equipments not the ones already in the inventory. Nigerian troops are capable and efficient in using the equipments already in the inventory. Because US refused to sell new equipment to Nigeria, it means Nigeria has no new equipments and therefore the US is of no use to our military for now. Period.
Re: Why Nigeria Cancelled US Military Training – FG by VirginFinder: 9:15am On Dec 05, 2014
felixchip:
Ok o.
I'd have said that US is stup.I'd for making such statement. But, on a second thought, I think they're worse that Stup.I'd.

Withdraw the weapons from the field and fight BH with their Teeth or Jazz?
This US people are yet to tell us what it is we've done wrong.

Are you a learner?!

They are angry that we criminalised gay unions and relationships instead of legalising it.

The US is no friend!!
Re: Why Nigeria Cancelled US Military Training – FG by Truckpusher(m): 9:16am On Dec 05, 2014
clubone05:

my brother. ...lets be objectives. ..the super power im talking about fought 4 great wars(ww1,ww2,Vietnam and the cold war with Russia) to get to where they are now military wise.do u want Nigeria to fight those same wars too..

the fastest way to any point is always the straight line....the US has this knowledge. .just go get it..and be done with that..all this trail and error is costing us human life.

My brother. .. there is a phrase " stooping to conquer"

Lets reason. ..
I got your point and I believe in stooping to conquer but not when the man you're stooping to has refused to see reasons why you should serve him.

At a point in one's life ,you should learn how to determine your future and face the consequences wether good or bad.At least you tried doing something for yourself.

1 Like

Re: Why Nigeria Cancelled US Military Training – FG by Nobody: 9:18am On Dec 05, 2014
American policies don't favour every situation, and honestly I expected America to have various policies for dealing with issues like this- this boko haram issue should be addressed from all angles. America should also stop talking and listen to the Nigerian government, it is our land. We definitely understand this land more than America does. They should be able to adjust policies in extreme situations as this, and not expect the Nigerian army to be calm and smiling and focused on training when Boko Haram is taking over territories and destroying lives and properties. Boko haram can't happen in America, honestly they should listen to the Nigerian government and stop dictating everything. Smh!

2 Likes

Re: Why Nigeria Cancelled US Military Training – FG by eben28(m): 9:23am On Dec 05, 2014
felixchip:
Ok o.
I'd have said that US is stup.I'd for making such statement. But, on a second thought, I think they're worse that Stup.I'd.

felixchip:
Ok o.

felixchip:
Ok o.

The anti-gay law is one of the issues. In their own eyes we did what was wrong but in the sight of God we did the right thing.
Re: Why Nigeria Cancelled US Military Training – FG by Microbyte: 9:26am On Dec 05, 2014
What equipments? Lies will kill Nigeria before BH do.....
Re: Why Nigeria Cancelled US Military Training – FG by Nobody: 9:30am On Dec 05, 2014
If you bliv this lie,then u can bliv anything.
Which hardware is in the north?
Wasnt $1billion just allocated to terrorism?
Cant part of dat be used to buy ammunition us can train with?
They re uncomfortable having the U.s around cos they know they have secrets

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Throwback Photo Of Ahmed Indimi's Parents / APC Mocks Saraki Over Crashed Presidential Run / Police Parade 3 'IPOB' Suspects For Bombing Wike's Father's Church (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 72
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.