Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,160,099 members, 7,842,163 topics. Date: Monday, 27 May 2024 at 10:01 PM

Why Nigeria Cancelled US Military Training – FG - Politics (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Why Nigeria Cancelled US Military Training – FG (30560 Views)

Some Insane Military Training Around The World. / Why Buhari Cancelled US Trip / Nigeria Government terminates US Military Training Of Army (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Nigeria Cancelled US Military Training – FG by Nobody: 3:27pm On Dec 05, 2014
What is on my mind concerning the above subject matter:

On my mind are plenty things concerning the issue at hand, but i will sum it up this way......sometime ago the US of A came out with a damning report about the disintegration(break up) of Nigeria in 2015, this report came out sometime before we had the insurgence of Boko Haram on this scale.
The report had in it parameters that would eventually brings about the "Break up" of Nigeria in 2015, Do the maths and see for yourself.
The USA and other fellow collaborators has agenda to break up emerging economy in Africa, they have partly succeeded in some part of the world where there are infighting between the govt and militias or terrorist organisations( which you prefer to call them) that are "sponsor" by the west to destabilize these countries.
l dare submit that Untill we take back "Our" country from the claws of the American and its allies just as china and the Asian did then we are in for a long ride.
Let us stop this tribalism,corruption, fighting, etc these are what the west want.

Akin
Manchester
Re: Why Nigeria Cancelled US Military Training – FG by Captain3star(m): 3:28pm On Dec 05, 2014
CityNG:

And they didn't.

They just asked you bring certain systems for proper training.

Stop being daft.
Don't treat this issue in isolation as it is interconnected with the issue of US refusal to supply arms to Nigeria to fight Boko Haram insurgents and their reasons include human right violation
Re: Why Nigeria Cancelled US Military Training – FG by Nobody: 3:37pm On Dec 05, 2014
Captain3star:

Don't treat this issue in isolation as it is interconnected with the issue of US refusal to supply arms to Nigeria to fight Boko Haram insurgents and their reasons include human right violation

But I do treat it as such.

I offer no apologies for not going along with your nationalist biased opinion.
Re: Why Nigeria Cancelled US Military Training – FG by Captain3star(m): 3:39pm On Dec 05, 2014
akin707:
What is on my mind concerning the above subject matter:

On my mind are plenty things concerning the issue at hand, but i will sum it up this way......sometime ago the US of A came out with a damning report about the disintegration(break up) of Nigeria in 2015, this report came out sometime before we had the insurgence of Boko Haram on this scale.
The report had in it parameters that would eventually brings about the "Break up" of Nigeria in 2015, Do the maths and see for yourself.
The USA and other fellow collaborators has agenda to break up emerging economy in Africa, they have partly succeeded in some part of the world where there are infighting between the govt and militias or terrorist organisations( which you prefer to call them) that are "sponsor" by the west to destabilize these countries.
l dare submit that Untill we take back "Our" country from the claws of the American and its allies just as china and the Asian did then we are in for a long ride.
Let us stop this tribalism,corruption, fighting, etc these are what the west want.

Akin
Manchester
Well said my brother however I want to assure you that Nigeria will not break as long as people like are still alive because I am ready to defend the unity of Nigeria with my experience and backing from God
Re: Why Nigeria Cancelled US Military Training – FG by Nobody: 3:40pm On Dec 05, 2014
Captain3star:

The USA is major in the use of psyops they provide an easy way out to capture good product from different countries of the world and indoctrinate them to see the US as their saviour against their own father land

Nope, I worked hard and chose a specific country to emigrate to. No one gave me a free ride. I know you're probably used to pan handling.

I'm both a Nigerian and an American and tax payer in both. This gives me a unique perspective to see both sides of the fence.

You need to resolve your angst with the US. Or not.

The 220,000 Nigerians that applied for USA visa last year doesn't mind though - lol.
Re: Why Nigeria Cancelled US Military Training – FG by DaBullIT(m): 3:59pm On Dec 05, 2014
Bayswater:

The simple truth is Russia doesn't want our downfall. Russia wasn't the country that predicted our disintegration. Not only did usa predict that, they are also doing everything possible to make sure their prediction happens.

What has usa done for Nigeria, please state them.

Don't bore us with all this bringbackourgirls shii. usa buys our crude crap, the truth is; they need us more than we need them now that fracking is dying a natural death. Just wait and see how they will come crawling back to us.

USA never predicted Nigeria's breakup, neither did CIA

Your political leaders are the ones trying to force the analysis to come true

I am not surprised that you think bringbackourgirls campaign is boring.I'm sure that if your kid was among the kidnapped you'd think differently

Shame on you

1 Like

Re: Why Nigeria Cancelled US Military Training – FG by Horus(m): 4:05pm On Dec 05, 2014

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YppNrN3xkqs

[size=15pt]AFRICOM and the Recolonization of Africa [/size]

1 Like

Re: Why Nigeria Cancelled US Military Training – FG by Captain3star(m): 4:07pm On Dec 05, 2014
CityNG:

Nope, I worked hard and chose a specific country to emigrate to. No one gave me a free ride. I know you're probably used to pan handling.

I'm both a Nigerian and an American and tax payer in both. This gives me a unique perspective to see both sides of the fence.

You need to resolve your angst with the US. Or not.

The 220,000 Nigerians that applied for USA visa last year doesn't mind though - lol.

If you check my discuss with you it has been based on fact of the issue neither do I see you as being daft nor biased but you have your opinions on your acclaimed exposure not to be able see other people reasons. my name is not included in the 220,000 applicants and will never be. I do not need to travel to US to make it Nigeria is full of opportunities for hard working man like me so I am not use to pan handling as you suggested. thank you
Re: Why Nigeria Cancelled US Military Training – FG by DaBullIT(m): 4:12pm On Dec 05, 2014
dBard:

1. This statement shows ur apparent ignorance of what a contract is... Google is ur friend use it.
2. So a logistics training involving a battalion will involve 1/2 tanks Shows u don't even understand wat logistics in military parlance means. If ur training involves coordination btw military units, then ur going to need d necessary wares, enuff t simulate a battlefield scenario and that may require displacing assets n d ppl t operate them from d front.
3. Ignorant question, completely lacking in intelligence. Lemme help tho; the hardware Nigeria had was meant for warfare of a conventional setting but wit d unconventional tactic of d b.hs, dres need f more flexible platforms t upgrade. Even ur god d U.S had t scramble f hardware after their initial embarrassment in d 2nd phase of d iraqi war.
4. Another thoughtless post. So d much touted non-lethal military equipment was not, airlifted abi Or it was sent via flashshare undecided

Last note, typing in oversized fonts is usually used to pass an intelligent point across but wen d font is oversized n yet the post has d intelligence of a cockroach, then d one I should be calling d MUMU is u.

......ormaybeIjustdid cool

Mr Ode , my comment was not based exact numbers , I painted a scenario , I said Nigerian army can not be trained all at once. Reasonable people understand that I meant training group by group and that does not imply taking off all the hardwares

There's a difference between having to run to your Elder brother for help if or when you are being bullied and having your brother on site asking if you want him to beat a bully for you , I know all about offer and acceptance and contract but a numbnut like you just read and comment , you don't think , you don't assimilate , your more like a plug and play device , no loading , no software.

Your so stewwwpid

Your so steeeewpid

Apparently your too dumb to understand anything I say , I'm sure you also believe that CIA predicted Nigeria would break up 2015. Òdè Òshì

1 Like

Re: Why Nigeria Cancelled US Military Training – FG by Nobody: 4:16pm On Dec 05, 2014
Captain3star:

If you check my discuss with you it has been based on fact of the issue neither do I see you as being daft nor biased but you have your opinions on your acclaimed exposure not to be able see other people reasons. my name is not included in the 220,000 applicants and will never be. I do not need to travel to US to make it Nigeria is full of opportunities for hard working man like me so I am not use to pan handling as you suggested. thank you

In your mind you think you are using facts but you're not. You're just scrambling and coming up with nonsensical data = fluff.

I never once accused you of asking for visa, so you see again what I mean by fluff.

You have never been victimized by US police force or live in the us but you're an expert lol
Re: Why Nigeria Cancelled US Military Training – FG by Nobody: 4:24pm On Dec 05, 2014
l suggest you guys make your point without swearing or name calling.......pls let it be educational enough so that others can learn and contribute.

Thanks

Akin
Manchester

1 Like

Re: Why Nigeria Cancelled US Military Training – FG by Nobody: 4:29pm On Dec 05, 2014
papaejima1:
Am not surprised to hear this.
That would have been the killer stroke!
Withdraw the equipment from the field, hold onto it for long to ensure BH does maximum damage then come out with a story that the NA is unteachable.
Meanwhile our country is in tatters.

Good move FG

Nice post. Takes someone that have an in-dept knowledge of America's foreign policy to understand what they are up to. Clearly this current Government is not dancing to America's tone.
Re: Why Nigeria Cancelled US Military Training – FG by Captain3star(m): 4:31pm On Dec 05, 2014
I would have love to have a pragmatic discussion on this issue without bias or insult no any individual but going through the tread so far I saw that it is impossible. I therefore have no choice but to keep quite thank you all.

1 Like

Re: Why Nigeria Cancelled US Military Training – FG by EasternLeopard: 4:44pm On Dec 05, 2014
Captain3star:
I would have love to have a pragmatic discussion on this issue without bias or insult no any individual but going through the tread so far I saw that it is impossible. I therefore have no choice but to keep quite thank you all.

In real life you will face opposition of such
The most important thing is to present your point in such a way that those people will know that they know little.
Re: Why Nigeria Cancelled US Military Training – FG by Nobody: 5:25pm On Dec 05, 2014
fkaz:

To me nigeria government is not serious

"At a press briefing on Tuesday, State Department spokesperson Jen Psaki stated that in the past six months, the United States has provided and approved sales of military equipment to Nigeria’s armed forces.
She said the country has also shared intelligence with Nigeria, began training a new army battalion and held numerous high-level discussions with Nigerian authorities on additional measures to best address the Boko Haram threat.
Psaki said the only denial was the transfer of some Cobra attack helicopters to Nigeria “due to concerns about Nigeria’s ability to use and maintain this type of helicopter in its effort against Boko Haram and ongoing concerns about the Nigerian military’s protection of civilians when conducting military operations.”".
hAha this pple are misleading oo
Re: Why Nigeria Cancelled US Military Training – FG by darqly(m): 5:27pm On Dec 05, 2014
grin grin Amazing what Nigerians are willing to believe when they want to shift blame.
What equipment in the northeast is so sophisticated that the US had to request it for the drill? And the NA declined because it'll leave citizens at the mercy of insurgents... grin
There's NOTHING here, read my lips, the NA here are just infantry and carry one primary weapon. So the US asked for all our AK47s abi? Comic relief for the weekend.
Re: Why Nigeria Cancelled US Military Training – FG by Bayswater: 6:41pm On Dec 05, 2014
DaBullIT:

USA never predicted Nigeria's breakup, neither did CIA

Your political leaders are the ones trying to force the analysis to come true

I am not surprised that you think bringbackourgirls campaign is boring.I'm sure that if your kid was among the kidnapped you'd think differently

Shame on you

Here you go again turning the truth on its head. You mentioned America via Michelle Obama helped with bringbackourgirls, you listed that as one of the things they've done for us - are you alright at all? Have they brought the girls back? and please stop quoting me out of contest intentionally, only janja-sons and their janja-fathers do that.

Again you said usa nor it's CIA predicted Nigeria's disintegration, that's another big lie coming from you. If you don't know that they did as a matter of fact then I think you are from another world.
Re: Why Nigeria Cancelled US Military Training – FG by dBard: 7:05pm On Dec 05, 2014
DaBullIT:

Mr Ode , my comment was not based exact numbers , I painted a scenario , I said Nigerian army can not be trained all at once. Reasonable people understand that I meant training group by group and that does not imply taking off all the hardwares

There's a difference between having to run to your Elder brother for help if or when you are being bullied and having your brother on site asking if you want him to beat a bully for you , I know all about offer and acceptance and contract but a numbnut like you just read and comment , you don't think , you don't assimilate , your more like a plug and play device , no loading , no software.

Your so stewwwpid

Your so steeeewpid

Apparently your too dumb to understand anything I say , I'm sure you also believe that CIA predicted Nigeria would break up 2015. Òdè Òshì

Your ignorance is so glaring n ur idiocy follows suit
Oh now ur painting a scenario??
Ode. Its already bin stated they are being trained in Groups hence d first BATTALION!
Ur fone is not just f facebooking , Google is ur friend ..use it.

Asswipe.

Go get a life
Re: Why Nigeria Cancelled US Military Training – FG by leofab(f): 7:21pm On Dec 05, 2014
clubone05:

sweetie. ..an unassuming state would have ended this debate. ..

now let me pick apart ur statement.

The few T73 and T80...why are they few..With a bulk budget for defence yearly.

Recently acquired. ..if they are new ..have they received training on them...if there are tactical training required..won't it be prudent and proficient to train 1st before use.

babes that rejoinder from the nigerian govt was unnecessary and tactless.

do you know how much per arnament; $1b is not just for the army but for the entire defence force(army; nave; airfoce; police; civil defence; customs; etc) and warfare equipments are not like our ordinary wares; if you place order then they will produce for you... Think it through dear.. cool
Re: Why Nigeria Cancelled US Military Training – FG by Captain3star(m): 7:50pm On Dec 05, 2014
EasternLeopard:

In real life you will face opposition of such
The most important thing is to present your point in such a way that those people will know that they know little.

You are absolutely correct I have faced a more serious opposition than the Nairaland Forum peaty opposition and I never gave up but went through without fear or favour however my contributions here may not be taken seriously by some due to their level of understanding, exposure and affiliation. I have seen wars I have been shot at and without fear I challenged my assailant , came out victorious and I am ready at any time face physical challenge for the unity of Nigeria.
Re: Why Nigeria Cancelled US Military Training – FG by PhockPhockMan: 8:21pm On Dec 05, 2014
cramjones:
Incompetent government!
Mumu.
Re: Why Nigeria Cancelled US Military Training – FG by rhames(m): 8:26pm On Dec 05, 2014
The US and its double standards. They want to demean Nigeria's inflence in Africa.

1 Like

Re: Why Nigeria Cancelled US Military Training – FG by PhockPhockMan: 8:28pm On Dec 05, 2014
CityNG:
I'm surrounded by clueless twits on NL.

Perhaps the US wants Nigerian Army to remove those weapons that they use to maim and kill ordinary civilians and show them how to properly use them on actual enemies instead.
The way they're fighting in Afghanistan, Iraq and Pakistan without harming civilians.
Re: Why Nigeria Cancelled US Military Training – FG by DaBullIT(m): 9:54pm On Dec 05, 2014
Since Google is your friend , kindly type [b][size=15pt]Mapping Sub-Saharan Africa's future

The report was published in 2006 , the report was carried out by The National Intelligence Council, an intelligence council with members from every part of the world not CIA or The USA[/size] [/b]as your father and your lying SOBs claim , Thank God for Google , people like you would have sold us over and over again steewpid conspiracy peddler

When you are done reading , thank me for enlightening you

Bayswater:

Here you go again turning the truth on its head. You mentioned America via Michelle Obama helped with bringbackourgirls, you listed that as one of the things they've done for us - are you alright at all? Have they brought the girls back? and please stop quoting me out of contest intentionally, only janja-sons and their janja-fathers do that.

Again you said usa nor it's CIA predicted Nigeria's disintegration, that's another big lie coming from you. If you don't know that they did as a matter of fact then I think you are from another world.
Re: Why Nigeria Cancelled US Military Training – FG by DaBullIT(m): 10:01pm On Dec 05, 2014
King of Mùmú , we know your type , this conversation is not your business ,
secondly the article said USA wants them to Withdraw all Heavy weapons in order to use them for training our soldiers , following your manner of thinking , your statement implies one of the following :

The forces tackling BH in the north is one battalion
Or
Nigeria only has heavy artillery for one battalion
Or
You are Lonely and an attention seeking scum of the earth who goes around quoting people just to get response

Follow your own advice , Get a life

dBard:

Ode. Its already bin stated they are being trained in Groups hence d first BATTALION!

Asswipe.

Go get a life
Re: Why Nigeria Cancelled US Military Training – FG by DaBullIT(m): 10:03pm On Dec 05, 2014
secondly the article said USA wants them to Withdraw some of the Heavy weapons in order to use them for training our soldiers , following your manner of thinking , your statement implies one of the following :

Or
Or
You are Lonely and an attention seeking scum of the earth who goes around quoting people just to get response

dBard:

Asswipe.

Go get a life
Re: Why Nigeria Cancelled US Military Training – FG by clubone05: 10:04pm On Dec 05, 2014
leofab:
do you know how much per arnament; $1b is not just for the army but for the entire defence force(army; nave; airfoce; police; civil defence; customs; etc) and warfare equipments are not like our ordinary wares; if you place order then they will produce for you... Think it through dear.. cool

u be army brat grin
Re: Why Nigeria Cancelled US Military Training – FG by emmatok(m): 10:18pm On Dec 05, 2014
wasiudvd:
Even if its Pope that make this press release, I will still not believe.
so this people think we are this gullible?
so all the military hardware that this country have is in the north fighting Boko Haram, yet we are struggling to win.
Are we saying if Nigeria is attacked from South now, we will need to withdraw military hardware from north, to defend from South?
I don't even understand, what military hardware are we currently using on book haram that is needed for the training? AK 47? Tanks? RPG? jet fighter? what else? This is all we have? is this what they want to train the military on? In a sane country, this kind of statement will have consequence.
mtcheew!
Re: Why Nigeria Cancelled US Military Training – FG by iterator25: 10:22pm On Dec 05, 2014
CityNG:

I have a US Marine and US National Guard personel in my immediate family, they don't go around raping civvies. If you want to form your opinion about an entire fighting force based on a few rogue personnel then your faculties are not yet fully formed.

Also try to actually live life and stop using YouTube as your life's measuring stick.
my uncle currently serves in the Nigerian army, down to earth, peaceful and God fearing .. 'they don't go around raping civvies'

1 Like

Re: Why Nigeria Cancelled US Military Training – FG by muiniz: 10:48pm On Dec 05, 2014
papaejima1:
Am not surprised to hear this.
That would have been the killer stroke!
Withdraw the equipment from the field, hold onto it for long to ensure BH does maximum damage then come out with a story that the NA is unteachable.
Meanwhile our country is in tatters.

Good move FG
. Nice one bro. It's an amazing answer from the minister it's the same thing the Americans will say if the case where revised.
Re: Why Nigeria Cancelled US Military Training – FG by dBard: 10:53pm On Dec 05, 2014
DaBullIT:
secondly the article said USA wants them to Withdraw some of the Heavy weapons in order to use them for training our soldiers , following your manner of thinking , your statement implies one of the following :

Or
Or

Seriously......
YOU ARE HOPELESS

Enjoy ur online infamy... doofus

NL helping miserable ppl live out their fantasy since 2004
Brainless pig.

Am done with d likes of u.
Re: Why Nigeria Cancelled US Military Training – FG by DaBullIT(m): 10:56pm On Dec 05, 2014
Òóbìì. I fall your hand , Mr I sabi everything

dBard:

Seriously......
YOU ARE HOPELESS

Enjoy ur online infamy... doofus

NL helping miserable ppl live out their fantasy since 2004
Brainless pig.

Am done with d likes of u.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Atiku Reacts As Buhari Signs "Not Too Young To Run" Bill / FIRS Fund: Vanguard Retracts Story, Apologizes To Osinbajo / Kogi Election: Musa Wada Sleeping At An Event (Photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 96
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.