Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,306 members, 7,826,211 topics. Date: Monday, 13 May 2024 at 11:13 AM

Why Nigeria Cancelled US Military Training – FG - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Why Nigeria Cancelled US Military Training – FG (30519 Views)

Some Insane Military Training Around The World. / Why Buhari Cancelled US Trip / Nigeria Government terminates US Military Training Of Army (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Nigeria Cancelled US Military Training – FG by Graham123: 7:41am On Dec 05, 2014
You need only look at the comments on Nairaland to understand why this country is where it is and how bleak the future is.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Nigeria Cancelled US Military Training – FG by felixchip(m): 7:41am On Dec 05, 2014
LordMecuzy:

Lol USA is not against Nigeria, we are against Ourselves.

Federal Government Deceiving d Masses since 1960

How is Nigeria against themselves when a human being in his right senses asked another to withdraw the weapons used against terror in the country so as to train soldiers. If eventually they withdraw it, who would they fight after the training? 'Cause by then, 80% if not the entire Nigeria will be under BH hostage.
Re: Why Nigeria Cancelled US Military Training – FG by Bayswater: 7:44am On Dec 05, 2014
chronique:
Who do you expect me to believe? The Americans or the FGN? Maybe when you read and learn about some of the attrocities America has committed globally(behind doors),you'll learn to appreciate your own. A senior retired CIA official once wrote an article about how America funded a terrorist group(taliban) against the Afghan govt and Russian forces and that was how the monster,Osama Bin Laden was created. They did the funding secretely. Ever since I read his article,I stopped trusting the US. They've succeeded in destroying Libya too. You guys who believe every thing you hear from CNN,should better start wisening up. America is not your friend. The way and manner they handled the ebola crisis,when it hit Nigeria,should also tell you,that they mean nothing good for you. I'm very sure they weren't expecting us to navigate out of that crisis. I used to love America so much until I started doing my own little research and learning on the US foreign policies. Nobody can tell your story better than you.

Thank you. I was watching a documentary about the same war where the mI-25 series of gunships were deployed by Russia and how America did everything to sabotage Russia. I just opened my mouth in disbelief. The war was almost over when America started supplying the mujahideens with anti craft missiles that can bring down the copters. That marked a massive change in the war, Russia lost thousands of soldiers in a war they have almost won and that actually marked the beginning of the rise of Osama Ibn Ladin. America created and nurtured Osama and Taliban, they only had their comeuppance when he attacked them.
Re: Why Nigeria Cancelled US Military Training – FG by Graham123: 7:45am On Dec 05, 2014
Truckpusher:
Only a Western African nation with poor sense of history would even trust America with her internal security at any level.

America's involvement in any internal conflict is akin to jumping into bed with a prostitute that wouldn't hesitate to stab you to death while you were asleep if her interest changes.
He who dines with the white house should always dine with a long spoon.

Which country would you rather we pitch our tent with? Russia? China?
Re: Why Nigeria Cancelled US Military Training – FG by Tompeters(m): 7:49am On Dec 05, 2014
If his statement is true... Then America should let us buy equipments so they can train our soldiers with d latest technology....
Re: Why Nigeria Cancelled US Military Training – FG by onatisi(m): 7:52am On Dec 05, 2014
Graham123:
You need only look at the comments on Nairaland to understand why this country is where it is and how bleak the future is.
bros ,it is really really sad. That is why most people that used to comment and contribute intelligently on nairaland politics section have stopped. when you read through threads and peoples comment you can't but wonder how nigeria will make it in future. It seems the only thing most ppl come here to do is to learn insultive and abusive words.what you read here is the true reflection of the society,many of these youth don't have anything upstairs and that is why there is high rate of unemployment.

1 Like

Re: Why Nigeria Cancelled US Military Training – FG by Nobody: 7:54am On Dec 05, 2014
America must really believe Jonathan is "clueless" if they made that suggestion. Imagine o!!! shocked
Re: Why Nigeria Cancelled US Military Training – FG by Soreza(m): 7:55am On Dec 05, 2014
WOW,THE FIRST TIME I AM PROUD OF NIGERIAN GOVERNMENT grin grin grin grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Why Nigeria Cancelled US Military Training – FG by LordMecuzy(m): 7:57am On Dec 05, 2014
felixchip:

How is Nigeria against themselves when a human being in his right senses asked another to withdraw the weapons used against terror in the country so as to train soldiers. If eventually they withdraw it, who would they fight after the training? 'Cause by then, 80% if not the entire Nigeria will be under BH hostage.

Ur Questions shld be how come we are not having spare hardwares, all our major military hardwares up in D North?
hmmmmm. Do u think se Nigerians want this terror war to come to an end? several Nigerians are gaining financially from dis War.
I can never blame d USA. Nigerians always looking for excuses.
Re: Why Nigeria Cancelled US Military Training – FG by clubone05: 7:58am On Dec 05, 2014
felixchip:
Ok o.
I'd have said that US is stup.I'd for making such statement. But, on a second thought, I think they're worse that Stup.I'd.

Withdraw the weapons from the field and fight BH with their Teeth or Jazz?
This US people are yet to tell us what it is we've done wrong.

on the contrary. .u are the silly one...I read alot of comments on here and I can understand why the high failure rate in this country.

The US said "on Nigeria request. ..training was cancelled" simple and unassuming.

One dumbo press secretary. ..comes to tell us that equipment need for the training is in use in the North. So ALL...ALL...the said equipment are in use..and we have none in the whole country again. ...but as usual the guy won't be sacked.

Take a moment ...read...try to understand.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Nigeria Cancelled US Military Training – FG by instinctx: 7:58am On Dec 05, 2014
Are they trying to say that 9ja can't afford more of that weapon needed for the training,or is this a stratagy for THE US to pull out from 9ja because their is no gain from every pespective.....
Re: Why Nigeria Cancelled US Military Training – FG by texazzpete(m): 7:59am On Dec 05, 2014
Bayswater:

Thank you. I was watching a documentary about the same war where the mI-25 series of gunships were deployed by Russia and how America did everything to sabotage Russia. I just opened my mouth in disbelief. The war was almost over when America started supplying the mujahideens with anti craft missiles that can bring down the copters. That marked a massive change in the war, Russia lost thousands of soldiers in a war they have almost won and that actually marked the beginning of the rise of Osama Ibn Ladin. America created and nurtured Osama and Taliban, they only had their comeuppance when he attacked them.

You mean like how the Russians covertly supplied aid, training and arms to the Vietcong during the Vietnam war? Or to the North Koreans during the Korean war?

There's a reason why it was called the 'Cold War'. You naive children seem to know nothing of history. Shame.
Re: Why Nigeria Cancelled US Military Training – FG by texazzpete(m): 8:00am On Dec 05, 2014
I think the FG has hit on a strategy here. Just mention 'America' as an excuse and red herring and see mumu-ish Nigerians falling over themselves to believe.

3 Likes

Re: Why Nigeria Cancelled US Military Training – FG by LordMecuzy(m): 8:01am On Dec 05, 2014
chi4ik:
I said it before & I'm still saying it, US is d major sponsor of boko haram, if not why all this betrayal & stupid condition they are giving us? remember US said that Nigeria will divide before 2015 & they want to actualize their dreams but it won't work. from Ebola to boko haram. d only thin I know is that if God be with us, who can be against us? not even US.

Yea and USA are the cause of several religious riots up in D North. from Danish Cartoon, to miss Nigeria to Election crises 2011
Re: Why Nigeria Cancelled US Military Training – FG by clubone05: 8:02am On Dec 05, 2014
onatisi:
bros ,it is really really sad. That is why most people that used to comment and contribute intelligently on nairaland politics section have stopped. when you read through threads and peoples comment you can't but wonder how nigeria will make it in future. It seems the only thing most ppl come here to do is to learn insultive and abusive words.what you read here is the true reflection of the society,many of these youth don't have anything upstairs and that is why there is high rate of unemployment.

My brother it is very sad...u need to listen to radio. ..then u'll totally give on this country. ..im just sad.
Re: Why Nigeria Cancelled US Military Training – FG by LordMecuzy(m): 8:03am On Dec 05, 2014
texazzpete:
I think the FG has hit on a strategy here. Just mention 'America' as an excuse and red herring and see mumu-ish Nigerians falling over themselves to believe.

Lol Bros u so on point.

Federal Government Deceiving gullible Nigerians to cover Thier incompetence

1 Like

Re: Why Nigeria Cancelled US Military Training – FG by BekeeBuAgbara: 8:06am On Dec 05, 2014
CityNG:
I'm surrounded by clueless twits on NL.

Perhaps the US wants Nigerian Army to remove those weapons that they use to maim and kill ordinary civilians and show them how to properly use them on actual enemies instead.
Tell that to the thousands of innocent Iraqis killed by US soldiers or the Pakistani women and children sent to an early grave by US drones.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Nigeria Cancelled US Military Training – FG by idupaul: 8:07am On Dec 05, 2014
fkaz:

So the equipment on the battle field are been use by un-trained army? That shows why military men abandon their armoury and run away anytime boko haram attack them, because they don't know how to use what they have in hand.
In my own opinion, i believe american knows nigeria has the men and equipment to crush boko haram, why not release some equipment to U.S for training so that it will be use effectively on battle field after training, instead of giving it to boko haram.

Kai kai .. With this kind of reasoning there is no hope for the black race

1 Like

Re: Why Nigeria Cancelled US Military Training – FG by felixchip(m): 8:07am On Dec 05, 2014
clubone05:

on the contrary. .u are the silly one...I read alot of comments on here and I can understand why the high failure rate in this country.

The US said "on Nigeria request. ..training was cancelled" simple and unassuming.

One dumbo press secretary. ..comes to tell us that equipment need for the training is in use in the North. So ALL...ALL...the said equipment are in use..and we have none in the whole country again. ...but as usual the guy won't be sacked.

See your life. It was cancelled 'cause Nigeria requested it to be cancelled. That is right.
So, they'd have been the one to cancel it?

Mister, in as much as I understand that we don't have the mighty number arms, it is not a reasonable piece for a human to ask another to withdraw from the field when you know their enemies are their match when they're equiped talk more of when they withdraw.

My mister, Go to sleep and you may wake and find yourself carrying bomb implanted on your stomach and marching to one of the 36 states for Sui..cide BOOOMBING!

#Nuffsaid.
Re: Why Nigeria Cancelled US Military Training – FG by idupaul: 8:11am On Dec 05, 2014
clubone05:

When I read comments like this I know the black race is doomed
Re: Why Nigeria Cancelled US Military Training – FG by sanmibukunmi: 8:12am On Dec 05, 2014
BlackTechnology:

A step with great determination can help a man cover a long journey at greater speed and shorter time.

Eg Pakistan built her atom bomb few years after India due to great determination
Should we be yearning to build weapons at d expense of development N/Korea,Pakistan etc have good weapons but the life of their citizens are not to write home abt....Pakistan has an atomic bomb but they are still finding it difficult to quench the blood shed by the Taliban so of what use is their bomb.....all of us seem to thirst for war but we have no idea what it is.....I will rather hope for good development and better life quality than building weapons of destruction. Let build our country first dn we can talk abt weapons.

2 Likes

Re: Why Nigeria Cancelled US Military Training – FG by corruptst(m): 8:16am On Dec 05, 2014
Still can't bliv why some Nigerians accept excuses & lies tolc by this government hook, line & sinker

2 Likes

Re: Why Nigeria Cancelled US Military Training – FG by Nobody: 8:18am On Dec 05, 2014
texazzpete:

You mean like how the Russians covertly supplied aid, training and arms to the Vietcong during the Vietnam war? Or to the North Koreans during the Korean war?
There's a reason why it was called the 'Cold War'. You naive children seem to know nothing of history. Shame.

After what happened in Libya, I believe US is capable of any atrocity. I might not be as knowledgeable in international politics, and history but in matters like this you know what those with power want you to know.

Friedrich Nietzsche asserted: “There are no facts, only interpretations"
Re: Why Nigeria Cancelled US Military Training – FG by onatisi(m): 8:19am On Dec 05, 2014
clubone05:

My brother it is very sad...u need to listen to radio. ..then u'll totally give on this country. ..im just sad.
bros,sad is an understatement,i have not read through this thread and I only saw ur comment through the recent message button. But I can bet you that less than 5% of all the comments made on this thread so far makes tangible sense at all. What I do mostly now is I make a comment and I unfollow the thread immediately .Because it feels sad and pathetic reading most ppls comments here.and that is why the number of hits on nairaland is going down .

1 Like

Re: Why Nigeria Cancelled US Military Training – FG by Nobody: 8:25am On Dec 05, 2014
fkaz:

So the equipment on the battle field are been use by un-trained army? That shows why military men abandon their armoury and run away anytime boko haram attack them, because they don't know how to use what they have in hand.
In my own opinion, i believe american knows nigeria has the men and equipment to crush boko haram, why not release some equipment to U.S for training so that it will be use effectively on battle field after training, instead of giving it to boko haram.
Assuming u ar d president u would have allowed them to withdraw d equipment for training
Xo that by d tym they return d equipment if in 1 piece
North would have become history
I beg reason well b4 talking
Re: Why Nigeria Cancelled US Military Training – FG by Stoical: 8:26am On Dec 05, 2014
onatisi:

@Graham and Onatisi: You guys are really on point. I bet you, there are so many other like minds who no longer feel safe to contribute, albeit only on nairaland, meaningful and constructive contribution/criticism, without having the fears that they will be insulted. As such, only the topic is viewed and it ends there. To say the least, it's a pity that our generation of youths is like this. But, I know there's hope somewhere...maybe, the very insignificant percentage of people with proper thinking will someday come to the limelight. We shouldn't just lose hope but do our best in our little corners.

Nobody is against people with opposing views here. I personally welcome criticism, but only if it's constructive enough and not destructive. This is because, I believe all can't always answer 'aye' or 'nay'. But, when insults, even with least or no provocation is the order of every thread here...it's rather pitying.

There will always be conspiracy theories about US. Ofcourse, they operate a policy of interest, so it would be of the interest of any allied nations to watch very closely and do what's needful and beneficial to her people. I hope we could follow accusations towards our government with both constructive criticism and better solution suggested OR support their right or seemingly right actions for the betterment of this supposed GIANT of Africa.

Long Live The True Citizens of Nigeria
Long Live The Federal Republic of Nigeria

3 Likes

Re: Why Nigeria Cancelled US Military Training – FG by sanmibukunmi: 8:28am On Dec 05, 2014
texazzpete:

Many ppl don't know that Russians are worse than American...they only Ơ̴̴͡.̮Ơ̴̴̴͡ america's fault cos there are lots of media houses against Americans so they don't really watch or know d atrocities the russians too commit....
Re: Why Nigeria Cancelled US Military Training – FG by codeworks(m): 8:28am On Dec 05, 2014
The conditions US gave wont give enabling environment for looting

1 Like

Re: Why Nigeria Cancelled US Military Training – FG by Ahmeduana(m): 8:28am On Dec 05, 2014
[quote author=Doneback post=28606524]Helpinghands International-Nigeria wrote:

DO NOT WAIT TO BE TOLD, BECOME A PARTNER WITH HELPING HANDS INTERNATIONAL AND BECOME FINANCIALLY INDEPENDENT:

THIS IS HOW IT WORKS

When you join our vision of given a helping hand to the needy, less privilege, widow, motherless and the disabled, you become our help partner and as our partner will believe in making your life meaningful.

The touch and empowerment that we give begins with you. We affect your (our members) life first, change your life for the better and empower you financially. When you pay a onetime membership fee of $40, you become our partner and have the privilege of enjoying among other things;

Interest free LOAN
- Business loan
- Elite Club members loan
Humanitarian services - Check our product and services page for details
Asset/Property support service
Trade and skill acquisition service
Income opportunity
Free internet ready LAPTOP
Brand new car
Yearly global pool
House of your own
All expenses paid trip
Infinity Bonus
Residual income for life
Free educational fund for your children

Now because we want to touch and empower people globally, members are required to introduce at least two (2) persons and this two (2) will have to do same to enjoy all benefit listed above plus others in our compensation plan and reward.

Our system works in a binary 2 x 2 and 2 x 5 matrix. As our help partner you are in a 2 x 2 matrix which Is "Associate stage. The stage is a feeder matrix feeding the rest 2 x 5 stages. It is a forced matrix with spill-over and spill-under effect- which means that the width is not more than 2 and every additional referrals will be forced down into your matrix, causing massive spill over and still under, making your matrix to fill faster. It is the best in the industry and highly profitable. That is why it is easy for our members to start making money immediately.

Members earn money in 5 stages and are paid in 12 multiple ways.
Our compensation plan is highly profitable and unbeatable, the highest in the MLM industry, it is meant to cause regular cash flow for our members. Most companies that run the same matrix system only pay their members when the matrix is filled, but here - No, we don't want you to wait for your matrix to get filled before you are paid. We pay you every level and also when your matrix is completely filled. This is cash flow system check our unbeatable compensation plan for details.

The 5 stages are:

Stage 1 is called ASSOCIATE
Stage 2 is called MASTER’S
Stage 3 is called SUPER MASTER
Stage 4 is called MINISTER
Stage 5 is called PRIME MINISTER

Stage 1 - ASSOCIATE

AAs an ASSOCIATE member your helping hands international account is enabled to sponsor and introduce others with your referral link or direct referring. You can then introduce at least 2 and these 2 introduce their own 2 each. You get 20% ($cool for each person you introduced. So if you introduce all 6 in your foundation matrix, you get $8 x 6 = $48 instantly plus $10 matrix bonus making it a total of $58. If you introduced at least 2 members - you make $26, giving you 80% of your investment back same day. Incredible right?, how much more when you introduce all 6 in your matrix, You will make $58 that is over 150% return-wonderful! So what you waiting for call friends and relations, refer as many as you can and rake in good money.

When the 2 you brought also brought 2 each direct or indirectly with the help of spill-over effect.

As you collect your matrix bonus, your account status is automatically set to.
STAGE 2 - MASTER

As those in your matrix (6 in total) fills their matrix and collect their associate matrix bonus (at least $24), they follow you down to masters stage which is a 2 by 5 forced matrix, with the spill under effect your matrix is filled faster, because with this matrix system, you don't lose your matrix members. Unlike breakaway or board splitting system where all your downlinks are scattered, making it difficult for you to grow. As your direct and indirect passes through the feeder matrix, they collect $26 (if they refer only 2) and you will collect $1,000 as your matrix bonus.

NB: The system causes a regular cash flow for members, you don't have to wait for the matrix to get filled. You collect money as you progresses and another when its completely filled.

In addition to $1,000, you get FREE laptop (or ipad) to enhance your online success.
419 DON GET NEW FACE AND NEW NAME!
Re: Why Nigeria Cancelled US Military Training – FG by Reference(m): 8:31am On Dec 05, 2014
Graham123:
Some moronic comments in here as usual. For a country facing security issues, if the needed equipment for training, as the Nigerian government stated (if you believe that in the first place, well, God help you), are all positioned in the field, that brings more questions than answers. First among them, there is apparently not enough of the equipment, why should that be? The mysterious equipment in question is no doubt essential in the war against the insurgents and we do not have enough of it? In the event that the operators of the said equipment get killed in action where do we get new operators when there aren't even enough of it to train with.

Some dimwits would suggest why the US wouldn't help us with some of theirs. Why would they, the US, just like any other country, is in for the business. Why would they give out expensive military technology for free especially to a country known for human right violation. They owe us nothing and they have no obligation to help us.

That's why it has been cancelled. They don't owe us and we don't owe them. It is hopeless and helpless Nigerians I pity.
Re: Why Nigeria Cancelled US Military Training – FG by dBard: 8:31am On Dec 05, 2014
wasiudvd:
Even if its Pope that make this press release, I will still not believe.
so this people think we are this gullible?
so all the military hardware that this country have is in the north fighting Boko Haram, yet we are struggling to win.
Are we saying if Nigeria is attacked from South now, we will need to withdraw military hardware from north, to defend from South?
I don't even understand, what military hardware are we currently using on book haram that is needed for the training? AK 47? Tanks? RPG? jet fighter? what else? This is all we have? is this what they want to train the military on? In a sane country, this kind of statement will have consequence.
mtcheew!

Sometimes you should try understanding issues before commenting
The issue here is the Americans are just bin ridiculous.
They were contracted for training n, like most trainings, the trainers come with part/all of their equipment.
Expecting the F.g t move hardware currently in use, when u can comfortably provide such, because of their stand on provision of lethal equipment (? Leah ammendment), is just bin silly.
Am with d f.g on dis one

Good move

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

General Buhari Pays Visit To Shehu Shagari: Photos / World Female Leaders Wear Veil, It Is A Sign Of Respect For Religion And Custom / Fayose: "I Chose Kolapo Olusola To Succeed Me In Line With God's Leading"

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 86
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.