Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,200 members, 7,818,666 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 09:21 PM

Tinubu Humbles Fashola With Ambode's Emergence. - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Tinubu Humbles Fashola With Ambode's Emergence. (40095 Views)

Thisday Newspaper Hounours Fashola With The Award Of Lifetime Achievement(pics) / Anambra Poll Results: Ekwunife Sacks Ngige From Senate, Humbles Victor Umeh / Photo: Fashola Meets With Ambode & All APC Guber Aspirants For Reconciliation (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Tinubu Humbles Fashola With Ambode's Emergence. by hermesprogidy(m): 12:33pm On Dec 05, 2014
disloman:
Op!Does that prove anything?Pls tell us who did Fashola nominated[i][/i]?Don't just show up n utter rubbish here.

Na that boko haram grammar make Fashola person lose grin grin grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Tinubu Humbles Fashola With Ambode's Emergence. by smallJagaban: 12:35pm On Dec 05, 2014
sammyhands1620:

So why do people have issue with Anambra man wanting to rule Lagos?

WHAT DOES LAGOS AND ANAMBRA HAS IN COMMON?
Re: Tinubu Humbles Fashola With Ambode's Emergence. by hermesprogidy(m): 12:39pm On Dec 05, 2014
Guy, your blood dey hot o grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Orikinla:
Here comes a Christian governor of Lagos State.
Shows that Asiwaju Bola Ahmed Tinubu is not a religious bigot.
I respect his humility. And he still remains the only governor who personally invited me to his birthday in 2001 and gladly received the birthday present I gave him with a handshake. And even when his God sent wife Senator Oluremi Tinubu wanted to pass by my side, she politely said "Please, excuse me.". And in the summer of 2002 when I was having the world premiere of my "Sleepless Night", Asiwaju Tinubu sent his representatives.
But the only Nigerian politicians who have been disrespectful to me and owing me hundred of thousands of naira till date are members of the PDP.
They are not trust worthy, from their errand boys on Nairaland to their biggest Ison oga at the top in Abuja.

1 Like

Re: Tinubu Humbles Fashola With Ambode's Emergence. by hermesprogidy(m): 12:40pm On Dec 05, 2014
They are both Nigerian States tongue tongue tongue
smallJagaban:

1 Like

Re: Tinubu Humbles Fashola With Ambode's Emergence. by musicwriter(m): 12:45pm On Dec 05, 2014
One thing I find really sad is people who're very educated don't fit well in Nigerian politics. I have no idea why the APC will not present Fashola for president, cause as far as common sense goes he should be the most eligible presidential candidate from the APC. But, of course common sense don't apply in Nigeria.
Re: Tinubu Humbles Fashola With Ambode's Emergence. by smallJagaban: 12:46pm On Dec 05, 2014
hermesprogidy:
They are both Nigerian States tongue tongue tongue

ONE IS A YORUBA STATE AND SURROUNDED BY YORUBA STATES WHILE THE OTHER ONE IS OPPOSITE
Re: Tinubu Humbles Fashola With Ambode's Emergence. by poj(m): 12:48pm On Dec 05, 2014
i am wondering why people are shouting Tinubu here and there. The primary election was transparently done. where were other candidates when Ambode was consulting and garnering the support of delegates. Whether the delegates were bought over prior to the primary is another thing. The best any aggrieved person can do is to vote out APC in the general election if they think PDP is a better alternative.

2 Likes

Re: Tinubu Humbles Fashola With Ambode's Emergence. by ooshinibos: 12:49pm On Dec 05, 2014
we will give fashola minister of infrastruture at the federal level ..if APC wins
Re: Tinubu Humbles Fashola With Ambode's Emergence. by MKO4ever(m): 1:06pm On Dec 05, 2014
smallJagaban:

CORRECTION!!!

WHAT DOES LAGOS AND ANAMBRA HAVE IN COMMON? (not has)

OKAY

2 Likes

Re: Tinubu Humbles Fashola With Ambode's Emergence. by dunkem21(m): 1:09pm On Dec 05, 2014
MKO4ever:

CORRECTION!!!

WHAT DO LAGOS AND ANAMBRA HAVE IN COMMON? (not has)

OKAY

Fixed.

1 Like

Re: Tinubu Humbles Fashola With Ambode's Emergence. by philips70(m): 1:35pm On Dec 05, 2014
MAYOWAAK:
I'd vote a man who'd an excellent career in the public sector and retired on merit, even getting to the pinnacle of his career as a permanent secretary.

Yes, I'll vote a man, who at 21, with a grade A university certificate, had the option of joining some of the best multi-nationals in the country then, but decided to join Lagos state government as a trainee career civil servant.

I'm convinced that a man who became permanent secretary, supervising many agencies and departments under him, while also maintaining robust inter-ministerial engagements with other top civil servants is loaded enough with the material acumen to govern a complex state like Lagos...

I'd definitely prefer such a man to another man whose stint has always been in the private sector where he has never managed up to 20 people under him at a stretch..

The civil service is the bedrock of any government. Getting an ex-civil servant to man such a government will yield excellent results.. I can bet on this...

That aside, the interest of those in public civil service is not for profit maximisation. It's about delivering social capital to the governed..

How will a man coming afresh from the private sector understand the ways and manners of how public servants operate? An ex-insider will be the man to do the job..

My inner man keeps telling me Double A will outperform Governor Fashola in terms of service delivery because of his excellent and indefatigable public service record.. It's about merit, it's about excellence, it's about capacity.

The other guy is good...But Double A definitely has more comparative advantages than him... Get me right... I'm not talking about that corrosive acid whose major priority is to build public toilets for Lagosians! Another Otunba Ghadaffi in the making? I'm talking about the party man who has become a perpetual journey man in search of what is not lost....

This is just for the records... The main campaign is yet to take off... Think Double A first... Eko o ni baje o.

If it's true Tinubu foisted Ambode on Lagos APC as the godfather then I think it's time Nigerians begged him to be the godfather of Nigerian politics. We need such candidates he has been foisting on the west in Aso Rock since OBJ's candidates have been too dull and non performers. Nigerian politics will surely miss this man if anything happens to him.

3 Likes

Re: Tinubu Humbles Fashola With Ambode's Emergence. by OrlandoOwoh(m): 1:38pm On Dec 05, 2014
My concern is that Oluremi Tinubu should not go back to the Senate. Olorunimbe Mamora should take back the seat or any other person that is as sound as him.
Re: Tinubu Humbles Fashola With Ambode's Emergence. by caprini1: 1:38pm On Dec 05, 2014
My Opinion: Tinubu is the only visible regional leader in Nigeria of today,regardless of his faults too(which every politician has),he knows his politricks,Ambode as his choice,makes sense(christian) and that's the knockout punch to the oppositions.

1 Like

Re: Tinubu Humbles Fashola With Ambode's Emergence. by TippyTop(m): 1:49pm On Dec 05, 2014
Ahh!
Fashola is probably crying in one corner now. Its a pity Shasore is not allowed to continue where Fash left, instead Tinubu would recoup all the money he meant to spend in the 2015 election, it makes good business sense for Tinubu. Someone needs to pay him for his business brain, its a pity Lagosians would have to cough up the money so Tinubu can maintain the lifestyle he's become used to.

1 Like

Re: Tinubu Humbles Fashola With Ambode's Emergence. by TITOBIGZ(m): 2:00pm On Dec 05, 2014
bigfatbooty:
well...am not surprised..that is politricks

Check out Kourtney Kardashian's full nude Dujour magazine cover
http:///waTUx
Guy u dey cra ze undecided
bigfatbooty:
well...am not surprised..that is politricks

Check out Kourtney Kardashian's full nude Dujour magazine cover
http:///waTUx
Guy u dey cra ze
Re: Tinubu Humbles Fashola With Ambode's Emergence. by hermesprogidy(m): 2:06pm On Dec 05, 2014
They are still both N9igerian States na..
smallJagaban:

ONE IS A YORUBA STATE AND SURROUNDED BY YORUBA STATES WHILE THE OTHER ONE IS OPPOSITE
Re: Tinubu Humbles Fashola With Ambode's Emergence. by BlackSEER(m): 2:15pm On Dec 05, 2014
Tinubu is the Tree while Fashola is just a branch.

1 Like

Re: Tinubu Humbles Fashola With Ambode's Emergence. by laimo(m): 2:18pm On Dec 05, 2014
For me,the results show Tinubu is loved by core Lagosians and by his party men and women. If Tinubu's satisfied,I too am satisfied.
That's all.
Re: Tinubu Humbles Fashola With Ambode's Emergence. by Olaolufred(m): 2:32pm On Dec 05, 2014
PDPblogger:
[size=13pt]This right here is the reality that is Lagos State of Nigeria.[/size]

IT IS [size=18pt]GOD[/size] WHO PERMITS YOU.
Re: Tinubu Humbles Fashola With Ambode's Emergence. by adaybayor(m): 2:43pm On Dec 05, 2014
Olaolufred:

Ambode is now a muslim convert just because he won the primary.

grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

lol...wonder what line they will start singing now.

1 Like

Re: Tinubu Humbles Fashola With Ambode's Emergence. by Hardtalk: 3:16pm On Dec 05, 2014
Abeg, this Ambode guy, looks like a tout! I was watching his victory speech on TVC. Anyway, whoever that is there should continue the good works.
Re: Tinubu Humbles Fashola With Ambode's Emergence. by drnoel: 3:23pm On Dec 05, 2014
lilmaxfidel:
TINUBU IS THE GOD FATHER OF POLITICS IN LAGOS NA...

FASHOLA OF YESTERDAY?

No na!! U have it all backwards. Fashola may have gradually become a godfather of APC politics in Lagos but Tinubu is the god of yorubas. Ma broda, a godfather cannot fight with a god. It will not happen in this world.
Re: Tinubu Humbles Fashola With Ambode's Emergence. by ebukabanky(m): 4:34pm On Dec 05, 2014
Who cares wat we all kw is dat.....PDP is takin ova lagos st nxt yr.......we full ground........
Re: Tinubu Humbles Fashola With Ambode's Emergence. by Fellonigerians: 7:27pm On Dec 05, 2014
Which one concern Fashola with being humbled... He will be remembered for his good stewardship and leadership in Lagos State...

He is qualified to be the President and Commander-in-Chief... I hope he gets an appointment so that he can continue showing others how to lead...
Re: Tinubu Humbles Fashola With Ambode's Emergence. by publisher(m): 8:14pm On Dec 05, 2014
[size=14pt]8 years as Governor and Fashola could not set up his own political structures? A VERY BIG SHAME ON HIM.
Truly, Tinubu is in firm grip on the destiny of Lagos state.

My opinion.[/size]

1 Like

Re: Tinubu Humbles Fashola With Ambode's Emergence. by 7lives: 9:13pm On Dec 05, 2014
MAYOWAAK:
I'd vote a man who'd an excellent career in the public sector and retired on merit, even getting to the pinnacle of his career as a permanent secretary.

Yes, I'll vote a man, who at 21, with a grade A university certificate, had the option of joining some of the best multi-nationals in the country then, but decided to join Lagos state government as a trainee career civil servant.

I'm convinced that a man who became permanent secretary, supervising many agencies and departments under him, while also maintaining robust inter-ministerial engagements with other top civil servants is loaded enough with the material acumen to govern a complex state like Lagos...

I'd definitely prefer such a man to another man whose stint has always been in the private sector where he has never managed up to 20 people under him at a stretch..

The civil service is the bedrock of any government. Getting an ex-civil servant to man such a government will yield excellent results.. I can bet on this...

That aside, the interest of those in public civil service is not for profit maximisation. It's about delivering social capital to the governed..

How will a man coming afresh from the private sector understand the ways and manners of how public servants operate? An ex-insider will be the man to do the job..

My inner man keeps telling me Double A will outperform Governor Fashola in terms of service delivery because of his excellent and indefatigable public service record.. It's about merit, it's about excellence, it's about capacity.

The other guy is good...But Double A definitely has more comparative advantages than him... Get me right... I'm not talking about that corrosive acid whose major priority is to build public toilets for Lagosians! Another Otunba Ghadaffi in the making? I'm talking about the party man who has become a perpetual journey man in search of what is not lost....

This is just for the records... The main campaign is yet to take off... Think Double A first... Eko o ni baje o.

Thank you my brother, Ambode is the right man for that position.
I've been telling people that only the best is good enough, if I'm to employ between Ambode and others, I will definitely employ Ambode 'cause he is a man of experience.
Re: Tinubu Humbles Fashola With Ambode's Emergence. by Reference(m): 9:24pm On Dec 05, 2014
rajoys:

Criticize positively my guy, if we have 36 Tinubus distributed all over the states in Nigeria and they are controlling the various states like the way 'Tinubu is controlling Lagos' as u claimed, then i bet u Nigeria will be better for it. If other politician who claim to be godfather can be making the error of installing a FASHOLA like Tinubu did, then Nigerians will rejoice and we shall get to our promise land on time. JUST MY OPINION grin

Then what is democracy that Tinubu himself fought for.....exchanging one 'strong man' in Abacha for the man in the mirror. Sorry oh. The rules of the game are more important than the game itself.
Re: Tinubu Humbles Fashola With Ambode's Emergence. by laimo(m): 11:05pm On Dec 05, 2014
Tinubu and Fashola are great men;they've done well.
Re: Tinubu Humbles Fashola With Ambode's Emergence. by Ogwuma(m): 11:59pm On Dec 05, 2014
So sad that we still run what I call `the anointed one` form of politics/election when other countries elect by merit. And some n****s here still talk bout it as if the battle BTW fashola and tinubu is our business.
Re: Tinubu Humbles Fashola With Ambode's Emergence. by Demdem(m): 12:13am On Dec 06, 2014
I trusted Tinubu's decision when out of no where he brought us Fashola. His achievements so far till date tells me that my trust wasn't in vain and wasn't put to shame.
Can anyone give me one reason why I shouldn't trust Tinubu's decision again if trully Ambode is his candidate as against tewonde George decision or obanikoro?
Re: Tinubu Humbles Fashola With Ambode's Emergence. by jamex007(m): 1:30am On Dec 06, 2014
The kano dude that scaled the fence of the National Assembly nko? Abeg e win? APC bruhaha
Re: Tinubu Humbles Fashola With Ambode's Emergence. by Delephilips: 7:22am On Dec 06, 2014
Na wa o! Oga is still in charge. Politics is a profession o and there are professional too

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Tolu Ogunlesi Replies Peter Obi On Ukraine's Grains / Atiku's Legal Team Storms Tribunal With 50 Boxes Of Election Materials / New Year Celebration By Nigerian Christians Unjust To Muslims --MURIC

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.