Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,679 members, 7,820,379 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 01:55 PM

Questioning JOHN 3 VERSE 16 - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Questioning JOHN 3 VERSE 16 (3401 Views)

Questioning The Implausibilities (giving Reason A Chance) / POPULAR JOHN 3:16 Destroys The Unbiblical Tri-ni-ty / Once A Christian...unsure...questioning. A Thread For Questions. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Questioning JOHN 3 VERSE 16 by Rilwayne001: 8:02am On Dec 06, 2014
tonybosses:

In essence wt re u trying to say sir?
Ok what I mean there was that Jesus was nor "made" cos during creation it was nt mentioned
ALSO about all wt u wrote, I av a lot to say abt dem but guess wt it wuld keep us running in circles for 3 reasons
1)english is too weak to explain certain words in d initial text dt d bible was written.
2) in the bible some word were used figuratively at sum point nd at sum oda point it was used in d real context (meaning) of it... getting this clearn distinction wuld go along way to clearing mani misconception.
3) The bible is a book written tru d inspiration of the holy spirit many yrs ago but uptill tomoro it still has solutions to d issues dt confronts mani in this new age and era, how do that happen? Tru the holy spirit, if u read d bible without the holi spirit to lead u, it wuld b, but just an old book to u.

Thanks for your contribution, you can now go smiley
Re: Questioning JOHN 3 VERSE 16 by BossTtdiamonds(m): 8:58am On Dec 06, 2014
Rilwayne001:

Sir, i'm still in my teens and will cross-over to 20's early next year. I never claimed that i've been to the university undecided undecided , even though i'm done with my ND.
You should have stated tis' long ago.. I thought you was one of those shameless old men who come here to spew thrash... Seein' tis', I'm quite impressed..
But that doesn't mean you should relent oh! At age 22 I had bagged my first degree in Forage science & Ruminant Nutrition(B.sc Agric Pasture and Range Management) as well as a Bachelor degree in Philosophy. You should continue to strive hard, you'll get there..

I'm an aspirant.
Don't worry, you'll get there

You should question the writer of KJV yourself.
The KJV was written as far back as 1611, where you want make I take see King James.. Oh! Unless you're talkin' MI Abaga.. Or are you talkin' 'bout Time Travel?

The bolded is it that i was'nt aware of, and thanks for the clarification wink
You are Welcome sir

Plus don't think me too old oh!.. I'm barely 24, a graduate research assistant..#LoveResearchin'LikeMyLifeDependsOnIT
Currently workin' on intrinsic and extrinsic work values of Agric Extension workers in Buruku, Benue State.. Tryin' to make my remainin' few months in Benue worthwhile..
Re: Questioning JOHN 3 VERSE 16 by Rilwayne001: 11:03am On Dec 06, 2014
BossTtdiamonds:

You should have stated tis' long ago.. I thought you was one of those shameless old men who come here to spew thrash... Seein' tis', I'm quite impressed..
Hehehehe grin grin

I'm not an old man oo grin, Francistony can testify to that.

Why is it that most people in this forum always have that assumption about me? lol.

But that doesn't mean you should relent oh! At age 22 I had bagged my first degree in Forage science & Ruminant Nutrition(B.sc Agric Pasture and Range Management) as well as a Bachelor degree in Philosophy. You should continue to strive hard, you'll get there..

cool nice achievement....

I'm motivated by this^^

Don't worry, you'll get there

Thanks smiley

The KJV was written as far back as 1611, where you want make I take see King James.. Oh! Unless you're talkin' MI Abaga.. Or are you talkin' 'bout Time Travel?

I'm not talking about King James himself rather his version of the bible, do you agree with it entirely or just john 3:16 alone **outdated translation as you call it**

You are Welcome sir
Yeah

Plus don't think me too old oh!.. I'm barely 24, a graduate research assistant..#LoveResearchin'LikeMyLifeDependsOnIT
Currently workin' on intrinsic and extrinsic work values of Agric Extension workers in Buruku, Benue State.. Tryin' to make my remainin' few months in Benue worthwhile..

cool Good.........Very Good.

Well, am a Financial student, dreaming/hoping/striving to become a Financial Expert in life smiley
Re: Questioning JOHN 3 VERSE 16 by AlBaqir(m): 12:35pm On Dec 06, 2014
malvisguy212:
can you interpret the deep thing of God? I do not know you so I can't judge,only God knows those that are his own.

So what makes you believe in the claim of John that he was truly inspired by the holy spirit?
Re: Questioning JOHN 3 VERSE 16 by Nobody: 3:13pm On Dec 06, 2014
Make nobody dare mention my name on this thread again. angry

Actually, Rilwayne001 will celebrate his 31st birthday comes next year January. smiley
Re: Questioning JOHN 3 VERSE 16 by Rilwayne001: 3:18pm On Dec 06, 2014
FrancisTony:
Make nobody dare mention my name on this thread again. angry

undecided undecided

And whats going to happen if i do? undecided undecided

Actually, Rilwayne001 will celebrate his 31st birthday comes next year January. smiley

grin grin

ONIYEYE
Re: Questioning JOHN 3 VERSE 16 by malvisguy212: 4:26pm On Dec 06, 2014
AlBaqir:

So what makes you believe in the claim of John that he was truly inspired by the holy spirit?
what make you believe in muhammad story when he claim an angel visit him? Who was his witness?
Re: Questioning JOHN 3 VERSE 16 by AlBaqir(m): 6:13pm On Dec 06, 2014
malvisguy212:
what make you believe in muhammad story when he claim an angel visit him? Who was his witness?

This thread isn't about Muhammad (peace be on him and his household). So I see no reason to reply your defensive way of dodging a question that concern your faith. Its a free world. If you can't answer, you admit.

1 Like

Re: Questioning JOHN 3 VERSE 16 by Maamin(m): 6:21pm On Dec 06, 2014
Rilwayne001:

undecided undecided

And whats going to happen if i do? undecided undecided

grin grin

ONIYEYE

With the bolded I guess you are from Kogi state..why wasn't I invited to this party,anyways I see you becoming a Christian soon.

HaShalom aleikhem
Re: Questioning JOHN 3 VERSE 16 by Maamin(m): 6:30pm On Dec 06, 2014
AlBaqir:

Question

malvisguy212:

Answer

AlBaqir:

This thread isn't about Muhammad (peace be on him and his household). So I see no reason to reply your defensive way of dodging a question that concern your faith. Its a free world. If you can't answer, you admit.

Dissatisfied remark

Why?..because truth was shown to him what make you to ask that silly question in the first place. Was that the topic of this thread?
Re: Questioning JOHN 3 VERSE 16 by Rilwayne001: 6:30pm On Dec 06, 2014
Maamin:

With the bolded I guess you are from Kogi state..

Not only kogi undecided undecided

i'm from sambisa few kilometers to chibok undecided

why wasn't I invited to this party,anyways

Because I don't know you, did I grin grin

I see you becoming a Christian soon.

undecided undecided undecided Parkwell abeggg. undecided undecided

Lubbish undecided… or maybe in your dreams undecided

HaShalom aleikhem

WaShalom aleikhem
Re: Questioning JOHN 3 VERSE 16 by Maamin(m): 6:36pm On Dec 06, 2014
Rilwayne001:

Not only kogi undecided undecided

i'm from sambisa few kilometers to chibok undecided

Because I don't know you, did I grin grin

undecided undecided undecided Parkwell abeggg. undecided undecided

Lubbish undecided… or maybe in your dreams undecided

WaShalom aleikhem

Calm down before you get H.B pressure jaré... grin typical of a muslim brethren, dont push your luck jor! angry
Re: Questioning JOHN 3 VERSE 16 by AlBaqir(m): 6:45pm On Dec 06, 2014
Maamin:

Why?..because truth was shown to him what make you to ask that silly question in the first place. Was that the topic of this thread?

The topic of this thread is about John 3 :16. And my question is perfectly fit in. How does his question answer my question? Its a ploy to divert the subject. Sorry I don't buy it. You are free to open a thread on his question, mention me and I will give you a direct answer.

2 Likes

Re: Questioning JOHN 3 VERSE 16 by Maamin(m): 6:49pm On Dec 06, 2014
AlBaqir:

The topic of this thread is about John 3 :16. And my question is perfectly fit in. How does his question answer my question? Its a ploy to divert the subject. Sorry I don't buy it. You are free to open a thread on his question, mention me and I will give you a direct answer.

Yes his answer fit perfectly to your question..i dont have strength to create any thread..thnk u!
Re: Questioning JOHN 3 VERSE 16 by Rilwayne001: 6:49pm On Dec 06, 2014
Maamin:

Calm down before you get H.B pressure jaré... [s] typical of a muslim brethren, dont push your luck jor! [/s]

undecided
Re: Questioning JOHN 3 VERSE 16 by BossTtdiamonds(m): 7:29pm On Dec 06, 2014
Rilwayne001:

Hehehehe grin grin
I'm not an old man oo grin, Francistony can testify to that.
Why is it that most people in this forum always have that assumption about me? lol.
Honestly I don't have a straight answer.. I'd say Instinct.. I do apologize for all the insults I've rained on you..

cool nice achievement....

I'm motivated by this^^
Thanks. You'll do far better than I've done..

Thanks smiley
You're Welcome once again..

I'm not talking about King James himself rather his version of the bible, do you agree with it entirely or just john 3:16 alone **outdated translation as you call it**
The KJV was "Translated out of the original tongues and with the former translations diligently compared and revised by His Majesty's special command A.D 1611"
The KJV version of the bible tried to use exact translations of the Greek text, when it came to monogenes the same ideology was used. These translations came from the Alexandrian line and smack of ancient Gnosticism. The oldest know Greek Manuscript on P66 and P75 read "Only Begotten God". The Gnostics thought that Christ was a Begotten God who was created by God the father who was called the Unbegotten God. So the question then was should it be Heios (Son) or Theos (God), since the Greek word monogenes concerns the parent/child relationship, and that God is never called monogenes (accept for his relationship to the father), it is clear that monogenes heios is the correct reading

cool Good.........Very Good.

Well, am a Financial student, dreaming/hoping/striving to become a Financial Expert in life smiley
Just hold onto that determination and see the Sky as a preliminary state..
Re: Questioning JOHN 3 VERSE 16 by BossTtdiamonds(m): 7:35pm On Dec 06, 2014
AlBaqir:

Didn't you see when the OP wrote "NO DERAILING"?
Re: Questioning JOHN 3 VERSE 16 by Rilwayne001: 7:40pm On Dec 06, 2014
BossTtdiamonds:

Thanks. You'll do far better than I've done...

Thanks for your encouragement smiley
Re: Questioning JOHN 3 VERSE 16 by Rilwayne001: 7:49pm On Dec 06, 2014
BossTtdiamonds:

Didn't you see when the OP wrote "NO DERAILING"?

He has'nt derail the thread so far, what he asked is still in line with the OP.

We are the one that even derail.
Re: Questioning JOHN 3 VERSE 16 by gatiano(m): 8:24pm On Dec 06, 2014
My brother, kindly for a second put yourself in Joseph's shoe, how would you have felt? Then afterwards, put yourself in GOD's shoe (i know its big, but all the same), how would you have felt for Jesus to have been either GOD's son or Joseph's son? And what about Mary? what would have been her condition? to be married or loved one man and then what? i'd love to hear your thoughts.

Rilwayne001:
John 3 v 16: For God so love the world that he gave his only begotten son that whosoever believeth in him will not persih but have everlasting life

QUESTIONS

1. Is the above statement spoken by John or God?

2. Is Jesus really the only begotten son of God?

3. Was Jesus 'begotten' or 'made' by God?

Thank you wink

cc: Francistony, malvisguy212, An2select, BosstTdiamond, Religionsection aka Ajibam and Co. grin grin

NOTE: There should be no derailing undecided
Re: Questioning JOHN 3 VERSE 16 by malvisguy212: 8:52pm On Dec 06, 2014
AlBaqir:

it was stated clearly in the bible that all scripture are inspire by God breath.

Why would you called the name of muhammed and invoke the peace and blessing of God on him? Is he not in the Prescence of God? Why will you invoke peace on someone who is in a place that is said to be more peaceful than were you are? Maby he is in hell. comperd to what jesus say ''my peace I give unto you not as the world giveth''
Re: Questioning JOHN 3 VERSE 16 by Rilwayne001: 9:15pm On Dec 06, 2014
malvisguy212:
it was stated clearly in the bible that all scripture are inspire by God breath.
Why would you called the name of muhammed and invoke the peace and blessing of God on him? Is he not in the Prescence of God? Why will you invoke peace on someone who is in a place that is said to be more peaceful than were you are? Maby he is in hell. comperd to what jesus say ''my peace I give unto you not as the world giveth''

Bros, stop derailing abegg undecided undecided

He already ask you ro create a thread for whatever questions you will like to ask about The prophet (PBUH).

Kindly do that please. smiley
Re: Questioning JOHN 3 VERSE 16 by Rilwayne001: 9:17pm On Dec 06, 2014
gatiano:
My brother, kindly for a second put yourself in Joseph's shoe, how would you have felt? Then afterwards, put yourself in GOD's shoe (i know its big, but all the same), how would you have felt for Jesus to have been either GOD's son or Joseph's son? And what about Mary? what would have been her condition? to be married or loved one man and then what? i'd love to hear your thoughts.

I don't get you sir

Can you please elaborate smiley
Re: Questioning JOHN 3 VERSE 16 by gatiano(m): 10:19pm On Dec 06, 2014
i suppose you know mathematics, and if not well or atall, you definitely know natural mathematics and sciences. Joseph was Mary's Husband and he was a carpenter, so he knew simple mathematics of measurements and simple geometry. He Joseph as well as you and I as grown up people know that for a baby to come out from a womb, then there must be what went in to the worm several days before (sperms). (God said multiply, for that, He gave us the organs required to do so). so the question is "can spirit make sperms?" my answer is 100% NO. If GOD is then the father, and He is Just and He gave us the ten commandments, and He was not married to Mary, would A just GOD have raped or coarsed Mary? just like the caucasian god zeus. then Joseph been a man of reasoning won't have accepted that story, and i will never love any man or god that touches my woman whether in spirit or in person. there is this new series on tv about a witch that was raped by an unseen forces, it was terrible. as a man, if a woman comes to me in spirit while i'm fully awake, i will go simply all out. Joseph is the Biological father of Jesus. the spirit of Jesus was in oneness with the spirit of GOD. Jesus was taught by or through the instructions of GOD or by the angels.

This story of Jesus being the son of GOD, was a story covered up of nimrod incest with his mother, nimrod's mother bore him (nimrod) a son, Nimrod knew that is subjects would not agree to his son being a successor, so he formulated the story of spirits. they (caucasians) don't lie about it, they show it and bruise our faces with it all the time in their movies (hercules etc). nimrod birthday was 25th of dec. Jesus's exact birthday was never know to nobody except of Mary, Joseph, and Mary's father, because at the time of the birth of Jesus, herold ordered the death of all baby boys around that period, so Mary had to move into the barn where nobody would suspect anybody can give birth to a child. and it couldn't be in decemeber because, that is a very cold and windy month in that region. the real birth time of Jesus was between the 2nd and the 3rd week of september, the exact date or day, nobody except GOD, his father and his mother knows. The three wise men is mythical, it may signify the three that knew his date of birth or like i said those that taught him according to the instructions of GOD.

Rilwayne001:

I don't get you sir

Can you please elaborate smiley
Re: Questioning JOHN 3 VERSE 16 by malvisguy212: 10:31pm On Dec 06, 2014
Rilwayne001:

Bros, stop derailing abegg undecided undecided

He already ask you ro create a thread for whatever questions you will like to ask about The prophet (PBUH).

Kindly do that please. smiley
derailing, how? Is it a crime to ask question?
Re: Questioning JOHN 3 VERSE 16 by Rilwayne001: 7:40am On Dec 07, 2014
malvisguy212:
derailing, how? Is it a crime to ask question?

Its not a crime.

But he already told you to create a thread.

So please kindly create a thread and invite him , and by Allah all your questions will be answered.

1 Like

Re: Questioning JOHN 3 VERSE 16 by Rilwayne001: 6:31pm On Dec 07, 2014
gatiano:
i will go simply all out. Joseph is the Biological father of Jesus.

Can you prove this^ from the Quran?
Re: Questioning JOHN 3 VERSE 16 by gatiano(m): 8:30pm On Dec 07, 2014
19:15 And peace on him the day he was born and the day he died, and the day he is raised to life!

19:16 And mention Mary in the Book. When she drew aside from her family to an eastern place;

19:17 So she screened herself from them. Then We sent to her Our spirit and it appeared to her as a well-made man.

19:18 She said: I flee for refuge from thee to the Beneficent, if thou art one guarding against evil.

19:19 He said: I am only bearer of a message of thy Lord: That I will give thee a pure boy.

19:20 She said: How can I have a son and no mortal has yet touched me, nor have I been unchaste?

19:21 He said: So (it will be). Thy Lord says: It is easy to Me; and that We may make him a sign to men and a mercy from Us. And it is a matter decreed.

only a bearer of a message. and who is this "WE"? some people will say GOD the father, son and holy spirit. but now the son hasn't been born yet. what is spirit? do you know that without spirit, we can't live? without air, we can't live past 1 minute. air=spirit. spirit is the greek/latin word for air.

can we say it was GOD? and the pronoun "WE" signify more than one body, was it the bearer? and Mary was a just woman, GOD found her righteous. could she have done it with all this spirit, when it clearly state in the bible that Joseph was her husband or better half.

Rilwayne001:

Can you prove this^ from the Quran?
Re: Questioning JOHN 3 VERSE 16 by OneJ: 12:08am On Aug 26, 2018

It was spoken by God but written by John through the inspiration of God the Holy spirit.

Yes. He's the only begotten son of God.

Jesus was begotten not made.
Adam and Eve was made and we were begotten from Adam and Eve.
Jesus Christ is the only begotten son of God. smiley

"Jesus was begotten not made". Are U confused ?
https://www.dictionary.com/browse/begotten

Begotten (verb)
1) The past participle of beget.

Beget (verb)

1)to father
2) to cause or create

Jesus was begotten or created by Jehovah/Yahweh, his Father & God. Ephesians 1:3.
Colossians 1:13-15. Matt 16:13-17. John 20:30,31. 1 Cor 11:3.

If U don't believe, then erase the dictionary & cancel out those portions quoted above from your Bible.
The more U read & digest those verses, the clearer God's word speaks to your heart.
Shalom
Re: Questioning JOHN 3 VERSE 16 by Kobojunkie: 8:17pm On Feb 15
Rilwayne001:
∆ John 3 v 16: For God so love the world that he gave his only begotten son that whosoever believeth in him will not persih but have everlasting life
QUESTIONS
1. Is the above statement spoken by John or God?
2. Is Jesus really the only begotten son of God?
3. Was Jesus 'begotten' or 'made' by God?
Thank you wink
1. Those words regarding the world that is the same world that was condemned by God in the wilderness to which Moses then raised a bronze snake to - John 3 vs 14 - 18 - were spoken by Jesus Christ. undecided

2. According to the God of Israel, His Son and New agreement - He would send to the House of Jacob to herald the final judgement of God against the Nation of Judah(Israel included). So, yes! undecided

3. Jesus Christ is God's very own Eternal Life, the very Word out of God's mouth(His Truth), and Gods Law(the Way) - John 14 vs 6 . So, Jesus Christ was not made, He was begotten from the very same essence that is God Himself. undecided

(1) (2) (Reply)

SERMON JOTTERS: Fufiling God's Purpose For Our Life / Dear Virgins.... Pls Wait / The Kaaba- Another Prove That Islam Is The Religion Of Peace

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 81
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.