Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,252 members, 7,829,467 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 07:35 AM

President Jonathan Approves the Appointment Of A New Controller Gen. of prisons - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / President Jonathan Approves the Appointment Of A New Controller Gen. of prisons (2564 Views)

Ogbonnaya Onu's Views On The Appointment Of The SGF - Ajayi Temitope / Jonathan Approves Diezani’s Sister And 60 Others For Political Appointments / Pres Jonathan Approves Automatic Promotion for Soldiers who Liberated Baga (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

President Jonathan Approves the Appointment Of A New Controller Gen. of prisons by Omooba77: 7:44pm On Dec 05, 2014
President Goodluck Jonathan has approved the appointment of a new Controller General of Prisons. He is Dr Peter Ezenwa Ekpendu.
The new Controller General of Prisons hails from Ibeku Okwuato in Mbaise Local Government area of Imo state.
Before his present appointment as the Controller General, he was Deputy Controller General (Administration) since 2012.
He has held various positions in the prisons including Deputy Commandant Prisons Training, College,Lagos-1991-1994; Officer-in-Charge of Umuahia-1995-1996; Officer in charge of  Owerri Prisons-1997-1998 and Deputy Controller of Prisons Training, Prisons Headquarters 1999.
He was also Controller of Prisons Pension, Prisons Headquarters- 2000; Controller of Prisons of Enugu State 2001-2003, Imo State 2003-2005 and Delta State 2006.
He was promoted Assistant Controller General of Prisons (Operations) 2008 and was deployed as Zonal Coordinator Zone D, Minna- 2009-2010 and he became Deputy Controller General (ITP) in 2011.
The new Controller General had his Primary school Education at St Patrick’s school Ibeku, Okwuato in Aboh Mbaise LGA, while his Secondary School education was at Mbaise Secondary School, Aboh Mbaise.
He had his Teachers’ Training College Education at Azaraegbelu Teachers’ Training College Emekuku, Owerri.
His tertiary Education was at University of Nigeria, Nsukka where he obtained his Bsc (Hons) in 1981, MED in 1984 and PHD in 1988.
Dr. Ekpendu also attended the Prestigious National Institute for Policy and Strategy Studies (NIPSS) Kuru Jos in 2007

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2014/12/jonathan-appoints-new-controller-general-prisons/
Re: President Jonathan Approves the Appointment Of A New Controller Gen. of prisons by fckmn24seg(m): 7:51pm On Dec 05, 2014
Ok
Re: President Jonathan Approves the Appointment Of A New Controller Gen. of prisons by Donmarrius: 7:51pm On Dec 05, 2014
Thi is good.it seems this is the first time an Igbo man is heading Nigeria prisons.

1 Like

Re: President Jonathan Approves the Appointment Of A New Controller Gen. of prisons by Donmarrius: 7:54pm On Dec 05, 2014
fckmn24seg:
Ok
Are you a member of Niaraland Association Of Space Bookers(NAOSB)?grin

1 Like

Re: President Jonathan Approves the Appointment Of A New Controller Gen. of prisons by Omooba77: 8:03pm On Dec 05, 2014
Donmarrius:
Are you a member of Niaraland Association Of Space Bookers(NAOSB)?grin
grin grin angry grin
Re: President Jonathan Approves the Appointment Of A New Controller Gen. of prisons by Donmarrius: 8:15pm On Dec 05, 2014
Over 78 views at the time am writing this,but just 5 comments.Does it mean some peeps hates good news?.If it is an attack by boko haram,we might av' been at the 2nd page.
Re: President Jonathan Approves the Appointment Of A New Controller Gen. of prisons by Omooba77: 8:27pm On Dec 05, 2014
Donmarrius:
Over 78 views at the time am writing this,but just 5 comments.Does it mean some peeps hates good news?.If it is an attack by boko haram,we might av' been at the 2nd page.

grin cheesy grin grin
Re: President Jonathan Approves the Appointment Of A New Controller Gen. of prisons by Omooba77: 8:45pm On Dec 05, 2014
GEJ has really tried oh,giving position to deserving People
Re: President Jonathan Approves the Appointment Of A New Controller Gen. of prisons by Katier00(f): 9:03pm On Dec 05, 2014
What happen to ibrahim zakari
Re: President Jonathan Approves the Appointment Of A New Controller Gen. of prisons by Donclaracuzo: 9:03pm On Dec 05, 2014
He is qualified to be in that post. Kudos to Johnathan for making a wise appointment
Re: President Jonathan Approves the Appointment Of A New Controller Gen. of prisons by Katier00(f): 9:03pm On Dec 05, 2014
What happened to ibrahim zakari
Re: President Jonathan Approves the Appointment Of A New Controller Gen. of prisons by Donmarrius: 9:16pm On Dec 05, 2014
Katier00:
What happened to ibrahim zakari
Seems his tenure has expired or he is due for retirement.But whatever be the case,He is in his village
Re: President Jonathan Approves the Appointment Of A New Controller Gen. of prisons by Donmarrius: 9:19pm On Dec 05, 2014
Donclaracuzo:
He is qualified to be in that post. Kudos to Johnathan for making a wise appointment
Ya bro,puting round peg in round hole
Re: President Jonathan Approves the Appointment Of A New Controller Gen. of prisons by Katier00(f): 9:23pm On Dec 05, 2014
Donmarrius:
Seems his tenure has expired or he is due for retirement.But whatever be the case,He is in his village
i dnt think so, ibrahim is still young(maybe 60) and had serve for just 2years
Re: President Jonathan Approves the Appointment Of A New Controller Gen. of prisons by Donmarrius: 9:29pm On Dec 05, 2014
Katier00:
i dnt think so, ibrahim is still young(maybe 60) and had serve for just 2years
Please,i would love to see any link to his profile,or the reason he was replace.thanks.
Re: President Jonathan Approves the Appointment Of A New Controller Gen. of prisons by Omooba77: 10:30pm On Dec 05, 2014
Donmarrius:
Please,i would love to see any link to his profile,or the reason he was replace.thanks.
Sacked because of various jail breaks;source Channels news
Re: President Jonathan Approves the Appointment Of A New Controller Gen. of prisons by Blackfire(m): 12:37am On Dec 06, 2014
when an igbo man gets appointment is because he deserved it..
Re: President Jonathan Approves the Appointment Of A New Controller Gen. of prisons by Donmarrius: 3:36am On Dec 06, 2014
Omooba77:

Sacked because of various jail breaks;source Channels news
Really?.Awww!
Re: President Jonathan Approves the Appointment Of A New Controller Gen. of prisons by Donmarrius: 3:37am On Dec 06, 2014
Blackfire:
when an igbo man gets appointment is because he deserved it..
You are right bro.
Re: President Jonathan Approves the Appointment Of A New Controller Gen. of prisons by ZKOSOSO(m): 5:16am On Dec 06, 2014
I think something is fishing here.
Do I suspect foul play ??
It seems the former guy knew something about most of the so called jail breaks by bokorams.
Fayose said ekiti jail break was an insider job.
Uncletobokorams??

Who dey inside??
Re: President Jonathan Approves the Appointment Of A New Controller Gen. of prisons by Donmarrius: 6:43am On Dec 06, 2014
ZKOSOSO:
I think something is fishing here.
Do I suspect foul play ??
It seems the former guy knew something about most of the so called jail breaks by bokorams.
Fayose said ekiti jail break was an insider job.
Uncletobokorams??

Who dey inside??
If i were you,and i wasn't satisfied about his exit,i will use the window created by Freedom of information law,and forward my request to be furnished with the information as to why he was relieved of his duty,to the appropriate authority.
Re: President Jonathan Approves the Appointment Of A New Controller Gen. of prisons by Katier00(f): 7:26am On Dec 06, 2014
Donmarrius:
i did nt find much, but here is a link,http://leadership.ng/news/378967/prisons-boss-ibrahim-zakari-bows-60
Re: President Jonathan Approves the Appointment Of A New Controller Gen. of prisons by Donmarrius: 7:47am On Dec 06, 2014
Thanks for the link.
Katier00:
i did nt find much, but here is a link,http://leadership.ng/news/378967/prisons-boss-ibrahim-zakari-bows-60
I See,it was a VOLUNTARY RETIREMENT.

Prisons Boss, Ibrahim
Zakari Bows Out At 60
CHRISTIANA NWAOGU
— Jul 25, 2014 | 4
Comments
The controller general,
Nigeria Prisons Service
(NPS), Mr Zakari Ohinoyi
Ibrahim, yesterday
proceeded on voluntary
retirement from the
service, after attaining 35
years in service and 60
years of age
, LEADERSHIP
Friday can authoritatively
report.
While the federal
government is on the
lookout for a substantive
successor, Alhaji Aminu
Suleh is covering his duties
in the interim.
According to the service
spokesperson, Mr Ope
Fatinikun,the retired
Prisons boss had WRITTEN
to the president and
commander-in-chief,
SEEKING PERMISSION to
VOLUNTARILY RETIRE after a
meritorious service that
has brought him to the
peak of his career
“President Jonathan has
accepted his reasons and
instructed him to
handover to the most
senior officer”, he added.
LEADERSHIP Friday
gathered from reliable
sources at the Ministry of
Interior that Suleh, who is
the most senior officer
after Ibrahim, is likely to
be confirmed as the
substantive head of the
Nigerian Prisons Service,
while there are
speculations that another
serving assistant controller
could be appointed to run
the affairs of the service.
Mr Zakari Ohinoyi Ibrahim
was until his appointment
as the controller-general
of prisons in January 2012,
the deputy controller-
general of prisons in
charge of the Directorate
of Administration and
Supplies at the Prisons
Headquarters, Abuja.
Born on January 1, 1955 at
Kuru in Toto local
government area of
Nasarawa State, he
transferred his service
from the teaching sector
to the Nigerian Prisons
Service as a Chief
Superintendent of Prisons
(CSP) in 1989.
Your email address will

He is a good man,unlike an average Nigerian civil servant,who would want to perpetuate himself/herself in office.
Re: President Jonathan Approves the Appointment Of A New Controller Gen. of prisons by Wisdytech(m): 8:04am On Dec 06, 2014
GOOD NEWS! BUT WILL IT STOP CORRUPTION IN NIGERIA?
Re: President Jonathan Approves the Appointment Of A New Controller Gen. of prisons by Omooba77: 9:28am On Dec 06, 2014
Wisdytech:
GOOD NEWS! BUT WILL IT STOP CORRUPTION IN NIGERIA?
yes it is our joint responsibility...

1 Like 1 Share

Re: President Jonathan Approves the Appointment Of A New Controller Gen. of prisons by Omooba77: 9:30pm On Dec 06, 2014
Dem go sack new CGP again?I believe it is a game Plan......
Re: President Jonathan Approves the Appointment Of A New Controller Gen. of prisons by Adminisher: 9:36pm On Dec 06, 2014
Donmarrius:
Thi is good.it seems this is the first time an Igbo man is heading Nigeria prisons.

So what?
Re: President Jonathan Approves the Appointment Of A New Controller Gen. of prisons by Omooba77: 10:22pm On Dec 06, 2014
Adminisher:

So what?

More foot soldiers.....
Re: President Jonathan Approves the Appointment Of A New Controller Gen. of prisons by Donmarrius: 2:36am On Dec 07, 2014
Adminisher:

So what?
So you can go and die.

Another question?
Re: President Jonathan Approves the Appointment Of A New Controller Gen. of prisons by Ikengawo: 5:06am On Dec 07, 2014
mysteriously the inmates in the Minna prison escape the same day and take weapons.
Re: President Jonathan Approves the Appointment Of A New Controller Gen. of prisons by Omooba77: 2:41pm On Dec 07, 2014
Ikengawo:
mysteriously the inmates in the Minna prison escape the same day and take weapons.
it is lalastical,the more you look,the less you know.

(1) (Reply)

Controversial Twitter Voltron @mrayedee Arrives Lagos / Your Country Is A Joke / Edo PDP Governorship Candidate Picks Mercy Johnson's Husband As Running Mate

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.