Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,311 members, 7,811,922 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 11:45 PM

Question For All Christians. - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Question For All Christians. (846 Views)

Buhari Promises To Kill All Christians If He Dares Become President / To All Christians In Kaduna,jos,kano,bauchi,yobe,borno Etc! / Boko Haram Wants All Christians To Convert To Islam (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Question For All Christians. by vicero(m): 8:55am On Dec 03, 2008
This is a questions for all Christians and i would like us all to ponder on it and i would also like to get proof for each answer.
1.Is there any place in the Bible that says, you should sit back and watch while you are been killed, especially if its not for the sake of your religion?
2. Is it not cowardice that will make Christians to sit down and die and give excuses that the bible said they should not fight.
3. How sure are you about your going to heaven. If you die and you are not sure of heaven, then you just died in vain o.
4. Are the Isrealities not fighting for survival?
5. Did God order David, Abraham and even the Isrealities to fight or not in the Bible.

So why sit down and allow some people to kill, maim and rape you in the name of religion, ?

But on a second thought "our weapons of warfare are not carnal", but yet, we must protect ourselves.
Re: Question For All Christians. by udezue(m): 9:02am On Dec 03, 2008
anyone who wants to turn da other cheek is a fool. i say defend urself. God helps those who helps themselves.
Re: Question For All Christians. by BADLEE: 11:40pm On Dec 03, 2008
is time we leaned our lessons, i have always said this, the best way to handle this idiots is to start killing them first, let them be the one to be on defencive side, they have studied us and known that we are not trouble makers and blood sheders like them , that is what they are taking advantage of, but if they start seen agresiveness in us, they will respect them selves,
Re: Question For All Christians. by udezue(m): 2:35am On Dec 04, 2008
U are so true.
Re: Question For All Christians. by Kobojunkie: 3:41am On Dec 04, 2008
vicero:

This is a questions for all Christians and i would like us all to ponder on it and i would also like to get proof for each answer.
1.Is there any place in the Bible that says, you should sit back and watch while you are been killed, especially if its not for the sake of your religion?
2. Is it not cowardice that will make Christians to sit down and die and give excuses that the bible said they should not fight.
3. How sure are you about your going to heaven. If you die and you are not sure of heaven, then you just died in vain o.
5. Did God order David, Abraham and even the Isrealities to fight or not in the Bible.

So why sit down and allow some people to kill, maim and rape you in the name of religion, ?

But on a second thought "our weapons of warfare are not carnal", but yet, we must protect ourselves.

@Poster, there were christians with machetes during this last riot, yes, some of those over 300 muslims were likely killed by Christians. Maybe you ought to be singing "Halleluia, Praise the Lord" instead. Just hope your Christian God is as proud of them as you should be that they did exactly what you are asking here.
Re: Question For All Christians. by otokx(m): 9:15am On Dec 04, 2008
those unfortunate muslims might have been felled by stray police bullets
Re: Question For All Christians. by ScanLess: 9:42am On Dec 04, 2008
Kobojunkie:

@Poster, there were christians with machetes during this last riot, yes, some of those over 300 muslims were likely killed by Christians. Maybe you ought to be singing "Halleluia, Praise the Lord" instead. Just hope your Christian God is as proud of them as you should be that they did exactly what you are asking here.

Those 300 moslems where killed by there fellow moslems cos the violence is ehtnic not really religious this time,so check the ethnicity of those 300.

however the poster is right in his submission, check this:

“And this shall be the plague wherewith the LORD will smite all the people that have fought against Jerusalem; Their flesh shall consume away while they stand upon their feet, and their eyes shall consume away in their holes, and their tongue shall consume away in their mouth.” (Zec 14:12 AV)

this prophecy is talking about a nuclear holocaust, watch out and see we are near to the fulfilment.
Re: Question For All Christians. by cao1: 11:43am On Dec 04, 2008
I am surprised at all who contributed to these partcular discussion how can you support vengence, you have suddenly forgotten that the same bible you quote scripture from also says that "vengence is of the Lord". All i can tell you all is that we should always pray for this situation into the hands of God. If you have come across the book of Luke chapter 27 to the end before you will discover that Jesus payed for Himself, the disciples, and the believers. This is what modern day chriatians should do and not vengence. The bible also said "Be perfect, just like our Father in heaven was perfect", that verse of the bible is literal and do not need the insight of God to figure what that means.
Re: Question For All Christians. by Kobojunkie: 1:42pm On Dec 04, 2008
ScanLess:

Those 300 moslems where killed by there fellow moslems because the violence is ehtnic not really religious this time,so check the ethnicity of those 300.

however the poster is right in his submission, check this:

“And this shall be the plague wherewith the LORD will smite all the people that have fought against Jerusalem; Their flesh shall consume away while they stand upon their feet, and their eyes shall consume away in their holes, and their tongue shall consume away in their mouth.” (Zec 14:12 AV)

this prophecy is talking about a nuclear holocaust, watch out and see we are near to the fulfilment.

So non of those ethnics were Christians? Did you make sure of that cause if you read some of the reports of the incident, there are mentions of Christians with machetes.
Re: Question For All Christians. by ScanLess: 6:08pm On Dec 04, 2008
Christians with machetes or no Christians with no matchetes, the cause of this conflict remains ethnopolitical, QED
Re: Question For All Christians. by OBVIOUS(m): 6:16pm On Dec 04, 2008
This belongs in the Religion section. oya, take it there now!!
Re: Question For All Christians. by Nobody: 6:53pm On Dec 04, 2008
A true Christian will never kill, unlike a true Muslim who beleive they'll go to Heaven when they kill!!

But christianity aside sha, I think its time we do something to check these savages undecided
Re: Question For All Christians. by Kobojunkie: 11:19pm On Dec 04, 2008
ScanLess:

Christians with machetes or no Christians with no matchetes, the cause of this conflict remains ethnopolitical, QED

Just messing with him. lol
Re: Question For All Christians. by lucabrasi(m): 2:11am On Dec 05, 2008
Ujujoan:

A true Christian will never kill, unlike a true Muslim who beleive they'll go to Heaven when they kill!!

But christianity aside sha, I think its time we do something to check these savages undecided
slight distortion,true moslems the word over who are not fanatics have always made it clear that islam forbids the kind of killing going on both in nigeria and abroad.
what ll you advice we did,go on a murder rampage in retaliation?lets assume they are all killed what sort of perverse satisfaction will that bring, what satisfaction did the rwanda ethnic cleansing bring the victors
Re: Question For All Christians. by Okijajuju1(m): 10:11pm On Dec 05, 2008
Question;
vicero:

Answer; Actually there is. And I'll quote from the book of Matthew 5:39-40

Matthew 5:39-40

39 But I say unto you, That ye resist not evil: but whosoever shall smite thee on thy right cheek, turn to him the other also.

40 And if any man will sue thee at the law, and take away thy coat, let him have thy cloke also.
KJV

Keypoints; "That ye resist not"
"But whosoever shall smite thee on thy right cheek, turn to him the other also".

Meaning; Do not fight back even if your are being attacked.

Bible commentry on the passage; Matthew 5:39-40

Verses 38-42 The plain instruction is, Suffer any injury that can be borne, for the sake of peace, committing your concerns to the Lord's keeping. And the sum of all is, that Christians must avoid disputing and striving. If any say, Flesh and blood cannot pass by such an affront, let them remember, that flesh and blood shall not inherit the kingdom of God; and those who act upon right principles will have most peace and comfort.
(from Matthew Henry's Concise Commentary, PC Study Bible formatted electronic database. Copyright © 2000, 2003 by Biblesoft, Inc. All rights reserved.)

Question;
vicero:

Answer; No it isnt. Remember that according to the book of 1 Peter 1:24

1 Peter 1:24

24 For all flesh is as grass, and all the glory of man as the flower of grass. The grass withereth, and the flower thereof falleth away:
KJV

Keypoint; "For all flesh is grass".

Also; Another scripture reminds us of our real enemy in the book of 2 Corinthains 10:3

2 Corinthains 10:3

3 For though we walk in the flesh, we do not war after the flesh:
KJV

Question;
vicero:

Answer; The bible says in the book of Romans 12:19

Romans 12:19

19 Dearly beloved, avenge not yourselves, but rather give place unto wrath: for it is written, Vengeance is mine; I will repay, saith the Lord.
KJV

Meaning; Let what will happen happen, and lets us leave the vengance in the hands of the creator.

Question;
vicero:

Answer; The Isrealites actually consists of mainly Jews who do not even believe in Christ or his crucifiction. So christians cant look to them as role models for christianity.

Question;
vicero:

Answer; Those where prophets who operated under the law. Jesus changed the rule of the game from "an eye for an eye" to "Turn the other cheek". So the old testament laws no longer guide christans per se.

Question;
vicero:

Answer; The bible reiterates in the book of Ephesians 6:12

Ephesians 6:12

12 For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high places.
KJV

Conclusion; The bible orders all christians to be steadfast in their falth and not to be afraid of those who can only hurt the flesh but rather be afraid of he who can kill the spirit. So if you are a christian who finds him or herself in danger, just fold your arms and wait for either a miracle or heaven.

Concluding scripture; John 18:36

John 18:36

36 Jesus answered, My kingdom is not of this world: if my kingdom were of this world, then would my servants fight, that I should not be delivered to the Jews: but now is my kingdom not from hence.
KJV

I hope all christans can see the bibles commandment to them in the face of danger. siddon look. grin

Just my opinion, according to the bible.

(1) (Reply)

Join Us In This Historic Movements @ Nnewionline.com Social Network / Us Blocked Un Statement On Cease Fire Btw Israel And Palestne / Let Yar’adua Speak From Hospital Bed —nnamani

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 71
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.