Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,149 members, 7,818,450 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 04:05 PM

Recalling An Erring National Assembly Member - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Recalling An Erring National Assembly Member (673 Views)

DSS: Fayose Rewards Ekiti Assembly Member For ‘loyalty’-the Tribune / House Of Assembly Member Kicked Out Of The House Floor For Indecent Dressing / National Assembly Member With His Feet Up On A Chair During Recess (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Recalling An Erring National Assembly Member by johhnnie(m): 11:58pm On Dec 05, 2014
Dear nairalanders, I really don't know how to phrase the above topic.. may I ask if any senator/ house of REP member of the federal Republic of Nigeria has ever been recalled home by their constituency. If not, I hereby request the learned amongst us to educate us on instances of why and how a national assembly member ( upper or lower chamber) can be recalled by their constituency. This is in preparation for the next dispensation. I believe that as Nigerians, We most especially the unit should take our destinies in our hands by finding legitimate and rightful ways of holding the people that we have given charge over us accountable to us...It is never to late for to start asking questions and acting on good knowledge and information.. this madness has gone on for long and dears, if we don't do it ourselves nobody will do it best for us
Re: Recalling An Erring National Assembly Member by IdomaLikita: 12:29am On Dec 06, 2014
Very Good Question OP!
Re: Recalling An Erring National Assembly Member by abbakacici: 1:05am On Dec 06, 2014
A certain percentage of eligible voters (e.g 20%) sign a petition calling for their Reps or Senator to be ‘recalled’, a referendum must be held. If more than half of those taking part vote for their MP to be recalled, a by-election must follow
Re: Recalling An Erring National Assembly Member by johhnnie(m): 11:50am On Feb 02, 2015
ok

(1) (Reply)

And The Presidential Candidate For APC Is... / Must Read Excerpts From Obasanjo's Book / Another Nollywood Actress, Bukky Wright Loses House Of Reps Election Bid

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.