Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,622 members, 7,823,743 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 02:17 PM

Youth In Agriculture, Are We Really Involved? - Agriculture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Agriculture / Youth In Agriculture, Are We Really Involved? (1712 Views)

What's Best To Do With 1 Million Naira In Agriculture? / Jonathan Launches Youth Employment In Agriculture Programme / Agriculture Can We Really Make A Living From It (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Youth In Agriculture, Are We Really Involved? by world1(m): 1:16am On Dec 06, 2014
YOUTH HAVE GOT TO CLAIM THEIR SEAT AT THE TABLE

When it comes to youth and agriculture, most of us think we know what needs to be done: governments and other stakeholders need to develop innovative approaches and policies to get more youth involved in this critical sector.

It goes without saying that the stakeholders are expected to involve the youth in innovation and policy formulation. Not much is said about what the youth can do themselves to facilitate their involvement in these processes.

Africa is currently the most youthful continent in the world. It is estimated that by 2015, youth will make up 60 percent of the population on the continent.

We young people, who will soon be the drivers of the continent’s economy, need to know that we have a right to be involved in high-level policy dialogues on agriculture and begin actively seeking opportunities to participate.

1 Like

Re: Youth In Agriculture, Are We Really Involved? by world1(m): 10:48pm On Dec 31, 2014
Before people begin to circulate pirated, cheap and un authorised New year greetings,I wish you an Original HAPPY NEW YEAR in advance with NAFDAC registration number 01-01-2015 See u next year. God bless.
Re: Youth In Agriculture, Are We Really Involved? by world1(m): 10:11pm On Jan 01, 2015
Invitation To A Practical Training On Profitable Agric Crops In 2015.

The Youth in Agribusiness Development and Innovation(YABDI) invites yo for a one day practical training on various crops that will change your life for the better in 2015 by captains of the Agribusiness Industry.

The training is a highly interactive and practical on growing: Cucumber, Watermelon, Plantain and Tomatoes profitably!

The training will take place in Abeokuta, Ogun State on Saturday 31st January, 2015 from 11am to 6pm.

Join the Facilitators like Jasper7 as he takes you through the Multi million naira cucumber business.
world1 as he takes you through plantain business. Jethro2 as she takes you through tomato production and marketing ideas and Soloxam as he takes you on water melon.

This is a training you don't want to miss. If you have wondered where to spend the last Saturday of January 2015, then look no further than the 1 day practical Agribusiness training that will transform your life come 2015.

Register for training on the link: www.yabdi.org/ambassasor.html

Training cost ONLY N5,000

Certificate of Participation and Light refreshment included!

https://www.nairaland.com/2064436/invitation-practical-training-profitable-agric
Re: Youth In Agriculture, Are We Really Involved? by Johnnyessence(m): 12:42pm On Jan 02, 2015
world1:
Invitation To A Practical Training On Profitable Agric Crops In 2015.

The Youth in Agribusiness Development and Innovation(YABDI) invites yo for a one day practical training on various crops that will change your life for the better in 2015 by captains of the Agribusiness Industry.

The training is a highly interactive and practical on growing: Cucumber, Watermelon, Plantain and Tomatoes profitably!

The training will take place in Abeokuta, Ogun State on Saturday 31st January, 2015 from 11am to 6pm.

Join the Facilitators like Jasper7 as he takes you through the Multi million naira cucumber business.
world1 as he takes you through plantain business. Jethro2 as she takes you through tomato production and marketing ideas and Soloxam as he takes you on water melon.

This is a training you don't want to miss. If you have wondered where to spend the last Saturday of January 2015, then look no further than the 1 day practical Agribusiness training that will transform your life come 2015.

Register for training on the link: www.yabdi.org/ambassasor.html

Training cost ONLY N5,000

Certificate of Participation and Light refreshment included!

https://www.nairaland.com/2064436/invitation-practical-training-profitable-agric
I will av love to come but will be writing my exams by that time .but no problem shaaa I will start my plantation during d rainy season period so I will get in touch with. u brother Cos' in our compound in osogbo I av some plantain suckers but not much I will av av to buy another one am planning to cite d place in ogbomosho bro hotmass side so I will get in touch with u bro welldone happy new year.
Re: Youth In Agriculture, Are We Really Involved? by world1(m): 2:15am On Jan 03, 2015
Johnnyessence:
I will av love to come but will be writing my exams by that time .but no problem shaaa I will start my plantation during d rainy season period so I will get in touch with. u brother Cos' in our compound in osogbo I av some plantain suckers but not much I will av av to buy another one am planning to cite d place in ogbomosho bro hotmass side so I will get in touch with u bro welldone happy new year.
okay
Re: Youth In Agriculture, Are We Really Involved? by fatakeenexport(m): 5:09am On Jan 03, 2015
Greetings,pls I need some piece of suggestions,never had I farm before ,I like to plant for experiment on a plot and half tow of these three vegetables ugwu,ewdu,and shoko.my question is. Which two of the three is least risky to manage and brings a better ROI with the shortest time framed
world1:
YOUTH HAVE GOT TO CLAIM THEIR SEAT AT THE TABLE

When it comes to youth and agriculture, most of us think we know what needs to be done: governments and other stakeholders need to develop innovative approaches and policies to get more youth involved in this critical sector.

It goes without saying that the stakeholders are expected to involve the youth in innovation and policy formulation. Not much is said about what the youth can do themselves to facilitate their involvement in these processes.

Africa is currently the most youthful continent in the world. It is estimated that by 2015, youth will make up 60 percent of the population on the continent.

We young people, who will soon be the drivers of the continent’s economy, need to know that we have a right to be involved in high-level policy dialogues on agriculture and begin actively seeking opportunities to participate.
Re: Youth In Agriculture, Are We Really Involved? by jethro2: 7:04am On Jan 03, 2015
fatakeenexport:
Greetings,pls I need some piece of suggestions,never had I farm before ,I like to plant for experiment on a plot and half tow of these three vegetables ugwu,ewdu,and shoko.my question is. Which two of the three is least risky to manage and brings a better ROI with the shortest time framed
Ugwu and ewedu i have planted before. Ewedu was on a commercial scale while ugu was a test running.
My ewedu did not do well despite the fact that i employ a rural farmer that has been successfully planting his own for years.
Factors to consider when planting
1. Type if soil in terms of water retaining capacity, fertility of the soil, pest and disease
2. Sloppiness of the land. You can irrigate a sloppy land successfully. The water will keep draining down instead of sinking in.
There are still a lot of uncontrollable factors that work together.
I am glad you say experiment plot. If you can afford, please plant the three vegetables, give them your best and then you can decide for yourself.
That's the best way to learn and become an expert. And subsequently you can decide on your best crop.
Farm experiences, results and expectation varies from plot to plot. Plot A might bring in 100kg while plot B might produce 2kg despite that they undergo the same treatment.
ROI is not the most important now but getting it right at first.
Re: Youth In Agriculture, Are We Really Involved? by fatakeenexport(m): 8:49am On Jan 03, 2015
Tnx man,u r real!
jethro2:

Ugwu and ewedu i have planted before. Ewedu was on a commercial scale while ugu was a test running.
My ewedu did not do well despite the fact that i employ a rural farmer that has been successfully planting his own for years.
Factors to consider when planting
1. Type if soil in terms of water retaining capacity, fertility of the soil, pest and disease
2. Sloppiness of the land. You can irrigate a sloppy land successfully. The water will keep draining down instead of sinking in.
There are still a lot of uncontrollable factors that work together.
I am glad you say experiment plot. If you can afford, please plant the three vegetables, give them your best and then you can decide for yourself.
That's the best way to learn and become an expert. And subsequently you can decide on your best crop.
Farm experiences, results and expectation varies from plot to plot. Plot A might bring in 100kg while plot B might produce 2kg despite that they undergo the same treatment.
ROI is not the most important now but getting it right at first.
Re: Youth In Agriculture, Are We Really Involved? by ipad(m): 7:34am On Jan 07, 2015
Do you need a job?
We can help you get a Job in 2 weeks.

Apalara.com is a private Staffing and Recruitment Agency.
We recruit staff for hundreds of Schools, Companies and

Businesses in Osun State.

We can get you any kind of Job: full time job, part time job,

temporary job, odd jobs, seasonal job, etc.

Visit our Office at:
Apalara.Com (The Job Centre)
Block 4, Sute A13,
Okunola Shopping Complex,
Beside Capital Hotel,
Dada Estate, Osogbo

or Call:
08133735507 fro More Information

Registration for Applicants is FREE

Re: Youth In Agriculture, Are We Really Involved? by world1(m): 3:12am On Sep 10, 2015
Agriculture is blooming! It is forecasted as the next mega industry. The Market is more than the Supply.

Where would you rather be on October 1st independence day?

Come, Learn and be inspired at Yabdi 2015 summit !

With successful practical training events in Ogbomosho and Abeokuta gone by, successful farms sprung up from partakers of the training,

YABDI (Youth in Agribusiness Development Initiative) is set to expose you to immediately-practicable and profitable farming practices again!

Get ready for profitable, practical and Innovative training on Cucumber, Fish Culture, Plantain/Pineapple Cultivation and an introduction to free range Grasscutter/ Snail farming (including Practical and Q&A session) Come 1st October in Lagos.‎

Venue: LEADWAY ASSURANCE TRAINING CENTRE (LTC). ‎10, Abebe Village Road, Apex Mill Building Iganmu, Lagos.‎ (‎Directly opposite Nigeria breweries)

Time: 8:00am ‎
Fee: 15000 at the venue.‎
10000 (earlybird fee)

To participate Send your name and email to the Admin +2348065220074

For Exhibitions/Enquiries and Bookings call Admin.
Re: Youth In Agriculture, Are We Really Involved? by Me4sure: 11:52am On Oct 25, 2016
SEE REASONS WHY YOU NEED TO INVEST TODAY
Let’s talk - Did you know that since 2009, investors from countries outside Africa have been buying and leasing millions of hectares of Nigerian land for agricultural purposes? Many people may not know it but there’s a trend of serious land grabbing by foreign interests for OUR land.
Did you know that Foreign Direct Investment in African agribusiness was $10 billion in 2010 with Nigeria having the highest and is projected to reach $45 billion by 2020? Agriculture is taking a huge leap in Africa and investors want a piece of the action too.
o What are you waiting for?
o Nigerians wake up from your slumber, wake up!
Join Midas Initiative TODAY
INVEST IN OWN A FARM PROJECT
Get over 50% discount for a full farm set up (Ugwu, Cucumber, Green Pepper, Cabbage, hot pepper, Chili pepper, Plantain)
PROMO OFFERS
Set up fee for plot of farm @ N75, 000
Set up 8 plots and get one plot free set up
Set up I hectare and get 2 plots free set up
Set up fee can be paid in 3 times Installments
Plantain intercropped with vegetables@100,000 with 2 year land lease per plot.
BENEFITS
Full farm set up which entails land clearing, ploughing, ridging making, seeds, planting, manure, pest control, weeding)
On a plot of land earn as much as N250,000 income and N3,000,000 on a hectare in one year
One year land lease with Irrigation
9 months management
Opportunity to have Midas Food Mart market and sell your farm produce
Organic farm produce
Earn 10% commission for any referral while making someone’s dream of earning extra income a reality. Busy Executives can have us manage their farms.
Become a member of Midas Initiative farmers’ hub
Attend our quarterly food expos and special events
Have us link you to farmers’ association that will aid your growth in this industrial.
Hurry now while promo last
Other services you can enjoy in Midas Initiative: Organic home garden set up, organic manure, King Humus soil conditioner and fertilizer enhancer, seedlings, farm boots, consulting and mentoring.
08091490783 or 08149449140

(1) (Reply)

Snail Market In Nigeria: A Must Read For Every Snail Farmer / Cassava (TME 419 & TMS30572) Tubers For Sale / Best Way To Sell Agro Product Fast And In Bulk

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.