Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,305 members, 7,850,101 topics. Date: Tuesday, 04 June 2024 at 02:21 PM

Nwobodo’s Son’s Corpse Missing, Burial Postponed - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nwobodo’s Son’s Corpse Missing, Burial Postponed (26311 Views)

Jim Nwobodo Dead Son's Corpse Missing At His Burial Today / Breaking News: Senator Jim Nwobodo's Son's Corpse Stolen. / Ojukwu's Burial Postponed To March 1 Due To Subsidy Protests And Strike (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nwobodo’s Son’s Corpse Missing, Burial Postponed by hamedvision2030: 8:36am On Dec 06, 2014
[quote author=lalasticlala post=28632361]The burial of the late Dr Ifeanyichukwu Nwobodo, the first son of former civilian governor of old Anambra State, Chief Jim Ifeanyichukwu Nwobodo, scheduled to hold yesterday in Enugu State was aborted following the disappearance of the deceased’s corpse, LEADERSHIP Weekend gathered.

It was gathered that the two younger brothers of the deceased (Chukwudi and Uso) kept the corpse away from the reach of anybody when it became apparent that the former governor wanted the remains of his late son to be interred within the compound of a new bungalow he built in honour of his first son who died on November 14, 2014.

It was also gathered that Chukwudi and Uso, Jim’s surviving two sons from Mukosolu, his first wife, argued that if their elder brother was buried outside their father’s expansive house at Amaechi Awkunanaw, they would be denied the right to inherit the family house.

Several dignitaries including the deputy senate president, Ike Ekweremadu, Senator Gil Nnaji, Dr Nnia Nwodo and former governor of Anambra State, Mr Peter Obi, who came to commiserate with Chief Nwobodo left after failing to broker peace between the chief mourner and his two sons.

As at the time of filing in this report late yesterday, the duo of Chukwudi and Uso were yet to resolve the nagging issue of the appropriate place to inter the remains of the late Ifeanyichukwu Nwobodo jnr.

It was gathered that before yesterday’s incident, concerned elders of Amaechi Awkunanaw community had pleaded with the Nwobodos to resolve their differences to no avail.

When Chief Nwobodo reportedly concluded plans to bury his late son outside the family compound, Chukwudi and Uso drove to the mortuary and removed the corpse of their late brother to an unknown place.

source:

We shall all be paid according to our deeds in life.... Time to pay his own price of what he has paid to the populace. May gentle souls of the son rest in perfect peace amen
Re: Nwobodo’s Son’s Corpse Missing, Burial Postponed by AdimGreat(f): 8:40am On Dec 06, 2014
The reasons behind their actions are deeper than what is presented in this article.
Re: Nwobodo’s Son’s Corpse Missing, Burial Postponed by AdimGreat(f): 8:46am On Dec 06, 2014
eagleeye2:
My fellow male men, abeg try not to marry two wives, if you must marry two.....be prepared for anything. I mean anything and anyhow.
Exactly!!
The root cause of their problem is about the second wife and the influence she has over Jim.
Anywayz, it's their family wahala. They should find a way to resolve it amicably and lay the young man to rest.
Re: Nwobodo’s Son’s Corpse Missing, Burial Postponed by Maynekky(f): 9:13am On Dec 06, 2014
Pls traditionally, d first son loses his inheritance once he die before their father. the second son automatically inherit their father's house. So, Dim building a house for d son ȋ̝̊̅§ a very good idea cos he ȋ̝̊̅§ given d widow a home. Even if he bury his first son in his compound, d wife n children will still relocate because they Ω̶̣̣̥̇̊ọ̥ longer have a place in d compound.

2 Likes

Re: Nwobodo’s Son’s Corpse Missing, Burial Postponed by delishpot: 9:20am On Dec 06, 2014
God bless men who are like MTN, they have kids EVERY WHERE THEY GO!
Re: Nwobodo’s Son’s Corpse Missing, Burial Postponed by delishpot: 9:24am On Dec 06, 2014
Plenty wives
Re: Nwobodo’s Son’s Corpse Missing, Burial Postponed by delishpot: 9:26am On Dec 06, 2014
Maynekky:
Pls traditionally, d first son loses his inheritance once he die before their father. the second son automatically inherit their father's house. So, Dim building a house for d son ȋ̝̊̅§ a very good idea cos he ȋ̝̊̅§ given d widow a home. Even if he bury his first son in his compound, d wife n children will still relocate because they Ω̶̣̣̥̇̊ọ̥ longer have a place in d compound.

I think I understand what is going on.
The first wife is no longer with jim, but her kids want to be accepted members of the extended family. They want their brother burried in the main family house as a sign of acceptance of their mothers kids as full members of that family. If the man is burried outside that compulound, it is assumed that Jim himself has shown them where they belong( the place their brother was burried) they fear that if Jim snr dies, the rest of his family may deny them any inheritance from the main building( maybe they are shunned and not considered full children cos their mom is no more married to jim) who knows the kind schemes happening in that famiky? One wife pushing tge kids of the other wives away or kids against kids? Its well. Make dem try settke am o.
Re: Nwobodo’s Son’s Corpse Missing, Burial Postponed by o42austino(m): 9:31am On Dec 06, 2014
DesChyko:
Traditionally or otherwise, these brothers are completely wrong.

Traditionally, the first-born son has the right to his father's compound. Then, he may allow his siblings live close to him or look for other options for them. At his death, he should also be buried in his compound. This will change if the son chooses otherwise.

Otherwise, the father still has exclusive rights to his properties till his will assumes dominance. Even at that, the father writes his wills himself. If he wants it so, the sons had absolutely no right to behave this way.

All in all, the sons had acted in a really selfish manner. It's as if they placed all their hopes in their father's wealth and affluence. It is okay to need a little push here and there to become 'someone' in life, but the way they are going about it, it's as if they expect the father to bequeath their fame to them.

A lesson for all to learn, do not allow the definitions of today drive away your morals. What is evil remains evil.
it is clear that u dont uneerstand igbo family politics mostly when Two wives are involved, to call their action childish is unwise of u.

Their mom is the first wife of the former Governor,the late Son is the first Son in the Union and that makes it the right of the first son to Own the Obi(Their fathers Compound). Dont u knw that by burrying his first Son outside Obi,the Former Governor has Denailed the first wife and her Children the Right of Obi which is Traditionally theirs which is Evil and Wrong in Igbo culture,His an Elder state man he shld not create wars btw d Children of d first wife and d second wife,such war will distory all he has worked for all his Life.

3 Likes

Re: Nwobodo’s Son’s Corpse Missing, Burial Postponed by jswaggzo(m): 9:33am On Dec 06, 2014
this is too bad .why should i fight over inheritance.When i can get my own wealth .Only failures do that .
Re: Nwobodo’s Son’s Corpse Missing, Burial Postponed by Sealeddeal(m): 9:36am On Dec 06, 2014
The brothers of the deceased are fools. Nobody can force Jim Nwobodo on where to bury his own son.
Firstly,everything in Jim Nwobodo's house belongs to him and only him can decide what to do with any of them.
Secondly,the son died while his father is still alive. Traditionally,he has lost every inheritance of the first son to his younger brother.

2 Likes

Re: Nwobodo’s Son’s Corpse Missing, Burial Postponed by Lucasbalo(m): 9:38am On Dec 06, 2014
All that because of property.
Re: Nwobodo’s Son’s Corpse Missing, Burial Postponed by o42austino(m): 9:39am On Dec 06, 2014
jojoki:
This is what happen when he used a stolen money to train those children and moreover the said children are desperate to get the own share of properties while the father still alive.

Let the season film continue.........
This is not about Property but about the Rights of thr first child which d governor is trying to denail him, as the first son he has d right to d Obi(the house that his father stays) that his Right, if his burial is done outside d obi he will be denail the right of d Obi even at death, this is abt a family Politic involving d first wife and d second wife, the Former Governor is destroying his Home by himself.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nwobodo’s Son’s Corpse Missing, Burial Postponed by Edusouls(m): 9:41am On Dec 06, 2014
Once you marry two wives, wait for trouble one time or another, but why should he refuse to bury his first son at their family compound? Well he knows his reasons, the family should settle, fast.because delaying the burial still holds the spirit from peacfuly continuing the journey,and the more they delay,they suffer the spirit more..
Re: Nwobodo’s Son’s Corpse Missing, Burial Postponed by mike4zeal(m): 9:43am On Dec 06, 2014
Na wa ooh, nothing we no go hear for dis our country. Soon mosquitoes would be found wanted and flies would be Missing. Just imagine, can't believe dis. Abeg make una allow the man rest well nau
Re: Nwobodo’s Son’s Corpse Missing, Burial Postponed by o42austino(m): 9:45am On Dec 06, 2014
jswaggzo:
this is too bad .why should i fight over inheritance.When i can get my own wealth .Only failures do that .
stop talking like this,so if his ur broda u will allow ur fada to internment of ur broda as d firstson out the Obi? even when i is stated clearly that he married to woman and the lateson is d firstborn of the first wife in d family.
Re: Nwobodo’s Son’s Corpse Missing, Burial Postponed by Sealeddeal(m): 9:47am On Dec 06, 2014
o42austino:
This is not about Property but about the Rights of thr first child which d governor is trying to denail him, as the first son he has d right to d Obi(the house that his father stays) that his Right, if his burial is done outside d obi he will be denail the right of d Obi even at death, this is abt a family Politic involving d first wife and d second wife, the Former Governor is destroying his Home by himself.
the Son died while his father is alive,he has therefore lost the Obi.
And equally,Jim Nwobodo can decide to give his Obi to stranger or even sell it.it is his and only him can decide what to do with his belonging.
Re: Nwobodo’s Son’s Corpse Missing, Burial Postponed by Sealeddeal(m): 9:49am On Dec 06, 2014
Edusouls:
Once you marry two wives, wait for trouble one time or another, but why should he refuse to bury his first son at their family compound? Well he knows his reasons, the family should settle, fast.because delaying the burial still holds the spirit from peacfuly continuing the journey,and the more they delay,they suffer the spirit more..
How do you know they suffer the spirit more by denying him burial? Have you been to the land of spirit or heard from them?
Re: Nwobodo’s Son’s Corpse Missing, Burial Postponed by o42austino(m): 9:53am On Dec 06, 2014
Nairalander01:

believe it or not polygamy is the reason behind this crisis. I witnessed everything that happened yesterday because i live in amechi. Since the death of Jim Nwobodo's first wife his second wife has caged him with diabolic powers that he give a damn about his 3 son(from his first wife). All she is trying to do is to make sure her child(no male) inherits all that jim has, which isn't right; this after she has suceeded in being the 'Husband' to the man, making ALL decision for him. I feel sorry for Jim as I type this; he no longer says/does anything without the permission of his Jezebelic wife.
That is what many peeps that failed to read btw d line didn't understand, Jim is d problem not d sons, He is destroying his family with his hand.
Re: Nwobodo’s Son’s Corpse Missing, Burial Postponed by Fernandinho: 9:53am On Dec 06, 2014
Family politics
Re: Nwobodo’s Son’s Corpse Missing, Burial Postponed by IYANGBALI: 9:54am On Dec 06, 2014
Abiolainfo:

Yoruba would say ''toh omo re kole fun eh ni si mi'' train ya children so as to geh rest of mind cheesy grin
abi o. Imagine the two fools causing wahala because of their father's property. Dey no get hand ti husstle and build their own?awon ole buruku,agboju logun omo

1 Like

Re: Nwobodo’s Son’s Corpse Missing, Burial Postponed by safedriveng: 9:56am On Dec 06, 2014
Oga o; Because of Land! Look at how they drag their name in the mould. Humm! Heel gotten treasures do no good at last. Secondly, why is it that the major investments of those that hav rule in this country at one time or the other keep fading away before their eyes?
Abeg, stop stealin our money, its killing ur children and bring you sorrow at the end. Ask Alamasia and others

1 Like

Re: Nwobodo’s Son’s Corpse Missing, Burial Postponed by bigtt76(f): 10:01am On Dec 06, 2014
Mtscheeeeeew! So the man even built a new bungalow in honor of his late son and yet his siblings are complaining? People sef
Re: Nwobodo’s Son’s Corpse Missing, Burial Postponed by o42austino(m): 10:03am On Dec 06, 2014
Sealeddeal:
the Son died while his father is alive,he has therefore lost the Obi.
And equally,Jim Nwobodo can decide to give his Obi to stranger or even sell it.it is his and only him can decide what to do with his belonging.
yes he lost his obi but his other broda thst has d obi now wants their broda to be laid to rest in d Obi, it is as simple as dat.

point of Correction, Jim can't sell or give his Obi to Any stranger because he has Boys that will take ova from him, it not igbo culture and tradition for him to give away his Obi, N;B. Obi can not be sold for Money, a man can only give out his obi to any of his relatives if he has no sons or when his daughter refuse to stay behind and starts making babies to get hier for his father.

2 Likes

Re: Nwobodo’s Son’s Corpse Missing, Burial Postponed by jojoki: 10:06am On Dec 06, 2014
o42austino:

Tnx for your clarification, The father had failed in his life time by not restoring peace in his family during is life time. Very pathetic!
Re: Nwobodo’s Son’s Corpse Missing, Burial Postponed by XRAY21(m): 10:08am On Dec 06, 2014
leofric2014:

Double wahala for dead body......

Double double

Dancing the fela afro juju style

Must you quote the whole story
Before you comment.
Re: Nwobodo’s Son’s Corpse Missing, Burial Postponed by Edusouls(m): 10:09am On Dec 06, 2014
Yes my fellow, i am a living seance, i easily and constantly communicate with the other side, i visit the land of the dead very frequently and i clearly see them as i see people here, is a very rare gift from God, i was born that way, so hear that, i hope u clearly understand now..
Sealeddeal:
How do you know they suffer the spirit more by denying him burial? Have you been to the land of spirit or heard from them?
Re: Nwobodo’s Son’s Corpse Missing, Burial Postponed by Sealeddeal(m): 10:14am On Dec 06, 2014
o42austino:
yes he lost his obi but his other broda thst has d obi now wants their broda to be laid to rest in d Obi, it is as simple as dat.

point of Correction, Jim can't sell or give his Obi to Any stranger because he has Boys that will take ova from him, it not igbo culture and tradition for him to give away his Obi, N;B. Obi can not be sold for Money, a man can only give out his obi to any of his relatives if he has no sons or when his daughter refuse to stay behind and starts making babies to get hier for his father.
Jim Nwobodo is still alive and therefore is still the owner of his Obi and only him has the right to bequeath it to whosoever he wishes.The laws you are referring to above holds when Jim Nwobodo die without sharing his property and remember,the nigerian constitution is greater than any native law in Nigeria.Jim Nwobodo can sell all his assets including his Obi or bequeath it to anybody. The deceased is a married man and therefore,he has to be buried in his family home which is the new compound given to him by his father. His brothers are making a futile effort.
Re: Nwobodo’s Son’s Corpse Missing, Burial Postponed by Edusouls(m): 10:19am On Dec 06, 2014
Yes i am a living seance, i dont even hear from them, i discuss with them,actively interact in their world, i visit the world of the dead very frequently,dont be afraid it is a very rare gift from God, i was born that way..understood me clearly now?
Sealeddeal:
Re: Nwobodo’s Son’s Corpse Missing, Burial Postponed by samplegirl(f): 10:34am On Dec 06, 2014
After taking the old Anambra for a ride the law of Karma is now taking Jim Nwobodo for a ride.

Does not even have a peaceful family.

Payback time things.
Re: Nwobodo’s Son’s Corpse Missing, Burial Postponed by iheanyi40(m): 10:36am On Dec 06, 2014
justi4jesu:

Hahahaha you be deeper life ni...Power must change hands ko tongue
lol abeg oh, i nor b deeper life grin
Re: Nwobodo’s Son’s Corpse Missing, Burial Postponed by Atk1nson(m): 10:44am On Dec 06, 2014
jojoki:
This is what happen when he used a stolen money to train those children and moreover the said children are desperate to get the own share of properties while the father still alive.

Let the season film continue.........
very useless children indeed

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

You Can’t Use And Dump Us – APC Youths Tell Buhari / Comfort Eyitayo: President Buhari Receives ICAN President In Aso Rock (Photos) / Why Kaduna Filed Fresh Terrorism Charge Against El-Zakyzaky, Wife - Falana

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.