Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,508 members, 7,830,520 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 01:14 AM

Women Are Not To Stand On The Pulpit To Preach. - Religion (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Women Are Not To Stand On The Pulpit To Preach. (48536 Views)

2 First-class Yoruba Kings To Preach At Christian Revival / 5 Funny Things Pastors Do On The Pulpit. / The Lie "We" Preached From The Pulpit.... (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Women Are Not To Stand On The Pulpit To Preach. by abuja4real: 10:19am On Apr 03, 2009
GO STUDY UR BIBLE IT IS NOT UNSCRIPTURAL
grin
Re: Women Are Not To Stand On The Pulpit To Preach. by segyemaro(m): 12:27pm On Apr 03, 2009
Are you taken seriously mazaje's contribution?
Re: Women Are Not To Stand On The Pulpit To Preach. by Mowire: 6:41pm On Apr 03, 2009
Tasma:

You turned around to say that Jesus Christ (God) came to amend this laws. Laws God himself had given beforehand. I wonder if you see how convoluted this argument is becoming?

Convoluted! (big english I no sabi)

I did not say Jesus came to amend the laws, the bible does not say so; and Jesus did not say so.

Jesus pointed out that MOSES (not God) made certain laws to curb what could have been the excesses of the Israelites because they were stiff necked people. Moses did not design the tabernacle and the altar in it, he impletemented the design God gave to him. The same goes for the order of conduct on and around it. May be you should take time to meditate on the aspects of the laws.

Women lib, as popular with the world, was not championed by christian women. Christian women only adopted it. Yet God did not create the woman to be a slave.
Re: Women Are Not To Stand On The Pulpit To Preach. by realpastor: 9:50pm On Apr 03, 2009
You are still at the middle,you ve not made your points yet.
Re: Women Are Not To Stand On The Pulpit To Preach. by Tasma: 3:59pm On Apr 04, 2009
Mowire:

Convoluted! (big english I no sabi)

I did not say Jesus came to amend the laws, the bible does not say so; and Jesus did not say so.

Jesus pointed out that MOSES (not God) made certain laws to curb what could have been the excesses of the Israelites because they were stiff necked people. Moses did not design the tabernacle and the altar in it, he impletemented the design God gave to him. The same goes for the order of conduct on and around it. May be you should take time to meditate on the aspects of the laws.

Women lib, as popular with the world, was not championed by christian women. Christian women only adopted it. Yet God did not create the woman to be a slave.

Like I said round and round in circles. When verses in the old testament say "and God told the Israelites to enter a city and kill every man, child and beast" are those not direct instructions from God? Which among the barbaric instructions or laws were directly from God and which were man created? You make it sound as if God's laws are based on the prevailing culture of the day. As if after people go one way or the other then God decides to say "Thou shall or shall not do this". If that's the case then which of God's laws are absolute and are we free to change whatever laws don't go with our culture at a particular time?
Re: Women Are Not To Stand On The Pulpit To Preach. by segyemaro(m): 7:50pm On Apr 04, 2009
Hmmmm
Re: Women Are Not To Stand On The Pulpit To Preach. by realpastor: 8:26pm On Apr 06, 2009
Lets face the truth,some women can preach and teach morethan some men. But since the bible says its wrong so women should not take authority in congregation were there are men,my wife is a good preacher but she preach either in the youth service or in the women's own.
Re: Women Are Not To Stand On The Pulpit To Preach. by segyemaro(m): 7:17am On Apr 07, 2009
Thats how it should be.
Re: Women Are Not To Stand On The Pulpit To Preach. by biina: 7:57am On Apr 07, 2009
realpastor:

Lets face the truth,some women can preach and teach morethan some men. But since the bible says its wrong so women should not take authority in congregation were there are men,my wife is a good preacher but she preach either in the youth service or in the women's own.
You shouldn't make laws on behalf of God
Re: Women Are Not To Stand On The Pulpit To Preach. by Ify3: 12:35pm On Apr 07, 2009
Posted by: realpastor
Insert Quote

You're being hypocritical here. The youths in your church, are there no males there? Remember, male youths are potential fathers. Like in some Ibo lands, where there is a male child in a meeting, gathering, etc. no matter how small, a woman is not supposed to break kolanut and it stands.

For me, I don't see anything wrong in women preaching, whether on the pulpit or floor. What matters is the message. Most of these women are led by the Holy Spirit.

Most of us fight what we are not supposed to fight. In all these past years women have been mounting the pulpit/floor preaching, have any of you seen or heard of any that the Holy Spirit has disgraced while doing the ministry work? If it is not of God, He would have fought for it or will still fight for it.
Let us look for ways to make ways with God instead of castigating true labourers in the Vine Yard of God.
Peace to you all.
Re: Women Are Not To Stand On The Pulpit To Preach. by segyemaro(m): 2:22pm On Apr 07, 2009
Its well
Re: Women Are Not To Stand On The Pulpit To Preach. by realpastor: 4:15pm On Apr 10, 2009
amen.
Re: Women Are Not To Stand On The Pulpit To Preach. by diallo(m): 5:06pm On Apr 10, 2009
Be aware too that the bible says that men ought to provide for their wife and children, but as you can see today many women are providing for the family instead. what do you got say about that. Christ had died to bring us a new leave of life which has no bound Freedom The has made all things new
Re: Women Are Not To Stand On The Pulpit To Preach. by realpastor: 5:13pm On Apr 10, 2009
if some women are taking the headship of their homes,that ia a different issue,we will not use the problem of this current world to interpret what God has already said in the bible
Re: Women Are Not To Stand On The Pulpit To Preach. by marvisjoy: 10:17pm On Apr 25, 2009
You are right realpastor
Re: Women Are Not To Stand On The Pulpit To Preach. by Lady2(f): 2:46am On Apr 27, 2009
You shouldn't make laws on behalf of God

1 Corinthians 14:34-35
34 Let women keep silence in the churches: for it is not permitted them to speak, but to be subject, as also the law saith.
35 But if they would learn any thing, let them ask their husbands at home. For it is a shame for a woman to speak in the church

1 Timothy 2:11-15
11 Let the woman learn in silence, with all subjection.
12 But I suffer not a woman to teach, nor to use authority over the man: but to be in silence.
13 For Adam was first formed; then Eve.
14 And Adam was not seduced; but the woman being seduced, was in the transgression. 15 Yet she shall be saved through childbearing; if she continue in faith, and love, and sanctification, with sobriety.

It is God's law.

diallo:

Be aware too that the bible says that men ought to provide for their wife and children, but as you can see today many women are providing for the family instead. what do you got say about that. Christ had died to bring us a new leave of life which has no bound Freedom The has made all things new

And the Bible is right. Just because something is the norm today doesn't mean it is right or that it is freedom. We have lost the right order of things, and as we continually accept these things as normal we constantly define abnormal as normal when it shouldn't be so. Men are supposed to provide for their families, unfortunately some have lost that truth. Women are not supposed to preach in churches or pray in public (church) with their heads uncovered. Unfortunately women have lost that truth.

Things are no longer in the right order and it is unfortunate.

Freedon doesn't mean a woman should go against the Bible, and a woman being subject to her husband isn't bondage. A man is supposed to love his wife as his own body. With a woman yielding to her husband he in turn learns to yield to her, and with the man loving his wife, she in turn returns that love.

It shows the order of creation and not a punishment for women.
Re: Women Are Not To Stand On The Pulpit To Preach. by solosimple(m): 12:44pm On Apr 27, 2009
@ ttalks
Thanks a whole lot for the post. Hope people will choose to obey God's word.
Re: Women Are Not To Stand On The Pulpit To Preach. by segyemaro(m): 1:16pm On Apr 27, 2009
You have realy spoken well
Re: Women Are Not To Stand On The Pulpit To Preach. by Image123(m): 4:51pm On Apr 28, 2009
Seems this thread is powered by solar,not phc? I just checked on it after a longwhile.really convoluted,almost got me discombobulated. ahah. Sorry to bother you pastors o,someone said that the bible says that 'men ought to provide for their wives and children'.as harmless and traditional as that seems,I don't recall seeing that in my Bible.please where is that passage?sorry for the 'tiny' digress?'
Re: Women Are Not To Stand On The Pulpit To Preach. by KunleOshob(m): 5:08pm On Apr 28, 2009
Image123:

Seems this thread is powered by solar,not phc? I just checked on it after a longwhile.really convoluted,almost got me discombobulated. ahah. Sorry to bother you pastors o,someone said that the bible says that 'men ought to provide for their wives and children'.as harmless and traditional as that seems,I don't recall seeing that in my Bible.please where is that passage?sorry for the 'tiny' digress?'

How now? cheesy I hope you are growing in the knowledge of the word.
I believe this is the passage you need:

1 Timothy 5:8:

8 But those who won’t care for their relatives, especially those in their own household, have denied the true faith. Such people are worse than unbelievers
Re: Women Are Not To Stand On The Pulpit To Preach. by segyemaro(m): 5:45pm On Apr 28, 2009
KunleOshob:

How now? cheesy I hope you are growing in the knowledge of the word.
I believe this is the passage you need:

8 But those who won’t care for their relatives, especially those in their own household, have denied the true faith. Such people are worse than unbelievers

Kunle does this quotation still work these days? because about 60% homes are run by their wives. in some cases is not the fault of the man,while in some is their fault.some men dont have jobs while those that have jobs prefer to waste their resources on women outside than their wives.
Re: Women Are Not To Stand On The Pulpit To Preach. by segyemaro(m): 5:47pm On Apr 28, 2009
kunle i tried to quote you and reply,so i quote both you and myself. no be my fault jare.
Re: Women Are Not To Stand On The Pulpit To Preach. by Image123(m): 10:36pm On Apr 28, 2009
Kunle,I'm doing fine.thanks. The passage doesn't seem to indicate/specify the male gender now,anybody fit get relatives
Re: Women Are Not To Stand On The Pulpit To Preach. by Lady2(f): 12:18am On Apr 29, 2009
Image123:

Kunle,I'm doing fine.thanks. The passage doesn't seem to indicate/specify the male gender now,anybody fit get relatives

hehehe eh well see the Bible says men should love their wives as Christ loves his Church. Seeing that Christ in his love takes care of his Church, the man must in the line of Christ, love his wife to take care of her, caring for someone is providing for them. So take of us women na grin grin grin
Re: Women Are Not To Stand On The Pulpit To Preach. by KunleOshob(m): 12:28pm On Apr 29, 2009
Image123:

Well it's depend on the version of the bible you are reading other versions of the bible makes it clear it the message was directed at men, check out these other translations:

8But if any provide not for his own, and specially for those of[b] his[/b] own house, he hath denied the faith, and is worse than an infidel.
King James Version (KJV) 

8If anyone fails to provide for his relatives, and especially for those of his own family, he has disowned the faith [by failing to accompany it with fruits] and is worse than an unbeliever [who performs his [/b]obligation in these matters].
Amplified Bible (AMP)

8But if anyone does not provide for [b]his [/b]own, and especially for those of[b] his
household, he has denied the faith and is worse than an unbeliever.
New American Standard Bible (NASB)
Re: Women Are Not To Stand On The Pulpit To Preach. by MrCrackles(m): 12:31pm On Apr 29, 2009
Poster

Who said so?!
Re: Women Are Not To Stand On The Pulpit To Preach. by Image123(m): 7:43pm On Apr 29, 2009
@~Lady~
please,I'm not saying it is wrong for a man to provide for his house.my question came up because some people said that the Bible says men ought to provide for their wives and children.My question is that what passage is that?I don't recollect seeing it.I've always thought both man and woman could provide o.you talk about love and care.I think the woman should also love and care for her house.cf Proverbs31v13-17,27,31. So I believe provision isn't solely the job of the man,neither is child training solely the job of the woman.they should be one,working together for the good of the house.

@kunle
well I was referencing the version of 1Timothy5v8 that you first quoted. It didn't have a he/she. The versions you quoted last have he and his,but you'll agree with me that many times in scripture,'he,man,him' is applied to everyone and a woman can't excuse herself and say God is only talking to men.cf 1Timothy5:24,Philippians4v5,Galatians6v7,8,1Corinthians10v12 etc. My question is still where?
Re: Women Are Not To Stand On The Pulpit To Preach. by segyemaro(m): 5:49pm On May 02, 2009
are you sure you ve not come across it before?
Re: Women Are Not To Stand On The Pulpit To Preach. by realpastor: 7:51pm On May 18, 2009
Image123:

@~Lady~
please,I'm not saying it is wrong for a man to provide for his house.my question came up because some people said that the Bible says men ought to provide for their wives and children.My question is that what passage is that?I don't recollect seeing it.I've always thought both man and woman could provide o.you talk about love and care.I think the woman should also love and care for her house.cf Proverbs31v13-17,27,31. So I believe provision isn't solely the job of the man,neither is child training solely the job of the woman.they should be one,working together for the good of the house.

@kunle
well I was referencing the version of 1Timothy5v8 that you first quoted. It didn't have a he/she. The versions you quoted last have he and his,but you'll agree with me that many times in scripture,'he,man,him' is applied to everyone and a woman can't excuse herself and say God is only talking to men.cf 1Timothy5:24,Philippians4v5,Galatians6v7,8,1Corinthians10v12 etc. My question is still where?
we have alot of prospecting pastors here.
Re: Women Are Not To Stand On The Pulpit To Preach. by marvisjoy: 9:08pm On May 20, 2009
amen
Re: Women Are Not To Stand On The Pulpit To Preach. by PastorAIO: 10:57am On May 23, 2009
Mowire:

Jesus pointed out that MOSES (not God) made certain laws to curb what could have been the excesses of the Israelites because they were stiff necked people. [b]Moses did not design the tabernacle and the altar in it, he impletemented the design God gave to him. [/b]The same goes for the order of conduct on and around it. May be you should take time to meditate on the aspects of the laws.

The fascinating thing is that God's design was remarkably like the design of the altars and temples of all the other tribes and nations that were their neighbours.
Re: Women Are Not To Stand On The Pulpit To Preach. by segyemaro(m): 10:55am On May 24, 2009
Ok ooo

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

We Want Fridays Declared Work-free For Muslims Like Sundays – MURIC Director / The Lords Chosen: Deaf And Dumb Couple For 35yrs And 40yrs Healed Simultaneously / Small signs to show The End Is Coming

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.