Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,167,307 members, 7,867,808 topics. Date: Saturday, 22 June 2024 at 02:03 AM

How Are Elections Rigged? Is It True That This Happens? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / How Are Elections Rigged? Is It True That This Happens? (1227 Views)

If This Happens Nigeria Will Breake Up, Chigaemezu Warned. / Tinubu - 'Hold Jonathan If Anything Happens To Me' / If This Happens Buhari Will Become President Mark My Words (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Are Elections Rigged? Is It True That This Happens? by Nobody: 12:41pm On Dec 06, 2014
As a layman in matters of INEC and electioneering generally in Nigeria, all I know is I hear elections are usually rigged by some powerful politicians or political parties but I have never experienced it.

Ballot boxes are hijacked, people are paid to vote for some particular candidates, perhaps at the high level, moneys are exchanged but im sure there are people who have grapevine information or knowledge of how this is done.

* Will a politician give billions to an INEC top official to say announce me as winner.

* Will non-existent persons be registered during the voters registration exercise?

* Is election rigging usually an imagined controversy?

* Do they create Imagined figures?

How is it actually done for those who have the knowledge. This is just to serve as source of valid information or a wake-up call to some of the tactics they may impliment to serve us their usual recycled politicians.

Corpers please take note too as this concerns you.
Re: How Are Elections Rigged? Is It True That This Happens? by Nobody: 1:09pm On Dec 06, 2014
oya waiting to learn
Re: How Are Elections Rigged? Is It True That This Happens? by Nobody: 3:38pm On Dec 06, 2014
So no one has insights for us?
Re: How Are Elections Rigged? Is It True That This Happens? by 2SWT(f): 3:42pm On Dec 06, 2014
did u school in france?
Re: How Are Elections Rigged? Is It True That This Happens? by Goddex: 3:42pm On Dec 06, 2014
OP, good question.
Hope this makes home page to expose how rigging is done

Re: How Are Elections Rigged? Is It True That This Happens? by Nobody: 4:05pm On Dec 06, 2014
* Will a politician give billions to an INEC top official to say announce me as winner.

* Will non-existent persons be registered during the voters registration exercise?

* Is election rigging usually an imagined controversy?

* Do they create Imagined figures?

1. Non-existent person cant be registered, however, there can be case of multiple registration by people loyal to a political party or candidates and with full coorperation of inec officials. The cooperation could be got through threat, financial/material gratification or both. During election, all the illegal "voters" will thumbprint for a particular candidate in block. This is usually done in residence, government houses, party offices etc.

2. Election rigging is not "imagined", it is real.

3. They may create imagined figure or allocate figures. How is this done? After collation of result at polling units, it is statutory for the presiding officer to count and announce result of that unit. Rigging can be done by falsifying figures either at the PU or at the Collation center in the LG/Ward/State Constituency/Federal Constituency or Senatorial District depending on which is applicable by the collation or returning officer.

4. Snatching of ballot box too is another form of election rigging. The intent is to steal the boxes in opposition stronghold during casting of votes, they inturn will submit an already stuffed ballot box(which they have pre-thubprinted) to their friends or collaborators who are the inec collation or returning officers. The returning officers will then announce the illegal votes as valid. Most times, they "bribe" election observers and security agents so as not to have them(observers) include it in their report in order to frustrate any appeal of opponent.

5. A rigging similar to the above is "ballot box" exchange. In this one, the PU officers counts and announce votes at the polling units, on transporting the ballot boxes to the center for collation and announcement, the transporters change ballot boxes, replace the legitimate box(s) with the illegitimate box(s) and submit same to Inec office while destroying the legitimate box(s). This usually involve inec officials, corrupt politicians, police/army and election observers. In some cases, Agents of political parties are involve.

6. Another form of rigging is scientific rigging. In this form of rigging, the electoral officers already have preinstalled software on their system. It redirects votes casted for a candidate(party) to another candidate(party). This is a smart fraud that is obtainable in advanced countries and it is common with electronic voting.

7. One form (which is no more obtainable) is a situation where the Returning officer unanimously announce result and declare a particular candidate as the winner without recourse to votes casted. This was what Maurice Iwu did in 2007 that returned Yar Adua.

Other forms of illegitimate voting are: underage voting, financial gratification to voters to manipulate their votes to your favor aka stomach infrastructure etc.

I hope I try small....wheeeew

3 Likes

Re: How Are Elections Rigged? Is It True That This Happens? by Nobody: 4:35pm On Dec 06, 2014
barcanista:

1. Non-existent person cant be registered, however, there can be case of multiple registration by people loyal to a political party or candidates and with full coorperation of inec officials. The cooperation could be got through threat, financial/material gratification or both. During election, all the illegal "voters" will thumbprint for a particular candidate in block. This is usually done in residence, government houses, party offices etc.

3. They may create imagined figure or allocate figures. How is this done? After collation of result at polling units, it is statutory for the presiding officer to count and announce result of that unit. Rigging can be done by falsifying figures either at the PU or at the Collation center in the LG/Ward/State Constituency/Federal Constituency or Senatorial District depending on which is applicable by the collation or returning officer.

4. Snatching of ballot box too is another form of election rigging. The intent is to steal the boxes in opposition stronghold during casting of votes, they inturn will submit an already stuffed ballot box(which they have pre-thubprinted) to their friends or collaborators who are the inec collation or returning officers. The returning officers will then announce the illegal votes as valid. Most times, they "bribe" election observers and security agencies so as not to have them(observers) include it in their report in order to frustrate any appeal of opponent.

5. A rigging similar to the above is "ballot box" exchange. In this one, the PU officers counts and announce votes at the polling units, on transporting the ballot boxes to the center for collation and announcement, the transporters change ballot boxes and submit same to Inec office while destroying the legitimate once. This usually involve inec officials, corrupt politicians, police/army and election observers. In some instance, Agents of political parties are involved.

6. Another form of rigging is scientific rigging. In this form of rigging, the electoral officers already have preinstalled software on their system. It redirects votes casted for an opponent to another candidate(party). This is a smart fraud that is obtained in advanced conuntries and it is common with electronic voting.

7. One form (which is no more obtainable) is a situation where the Returning officer unnanimously announce result and declare a particular candidate as the winner without recourse to votes casted. This was what Maurice Iwu did in 2007 that returned Yar Adua.

Other forms of illegitimate voting are: underage voting, financial gratification to voters to manipulate their votes to your favor aka stomach infrastructure etc.

Apparently you are into politics, some form of group that has to do with politics. Thanks for sharing.

Has anyone witnessed these scenarios painted?
Re: How Are Elections Rigged? Is It True That This Happens? by Nobody: 4:46pm On Dec 06, 2014
This thread should be promoted by the moderators, so as to get people to be aware during the polls.
Re: How Are Elections Rigged? Is It True That This Happens? by Nobody: 4:56pm On Dec 07, 2014
barcanista:
This thread should be promoted by the moderators, so as to get people to be aware during the polls.

Hmmm.
Re: How Are Elections Rigged? Is It True That This Happens? by Boscojugunu(m): 5:33pm On Dec 07, 2014
I smaleedddddddddds front pager
Re: How Are Elections Rigged? Is It True That This Happens? by alakara(m): 5:55pm On Dec 07, 2014
@barcanista
You're talking from experience.
That's how you do it in your party abi?
Re: How Are Elections Rigged? Is It True That This Happens? by Crocz(m): 5:57pm On Dec 07, 2014
I know a guy who knows another guy that knows the guy who knows the main guy that knows how to rig election

1 Like

Re: How Are Elections Rigged? Is It True That This Happens? by Crocz(m): 6:10pm On Dec 07, 2014
barcanista:

4. Snatching of ballot box too is another form of election rigging. The intent is to steal the boxes in opposition stronghold during casting of votes, they inturn will submit an already stuffed ballot box(which they have pre-thubprinted) to their friends or collaborators who are the inec collation or returning officers. The returning officers will then announce the illegal votes as valid. Most times, they "bribe" election observers and security agents so as not to have them(observers) include it in their report in order to frustrate any appeal of opponent.

5. A rigging similar to the above is "ballot box" exchange. In this one, the PU officers counts and announce votes at the polling units, on transporting the ballot boxes to the center for collation and announcement, the transporters change ballot boxes, replace the legitimate box(s) with the illegitimate box(s) and submit same to Inec office while destroying the legitimate box(s). This usually involve inec officials, corrupt politicians, police/army and election observers. In some cases, Agents of political parties are involve.

6. Another form of rigging is scientific rigging. In this form of rigging, the electoral officers already have preinstalled software on their system. It redirects votes casted for a candidate(party) to another candidate(party). This is a smart fraud that is obtainable in advanced countries and it is common with electronic voting.

7. One form (which is no more obtainable) is a situation where the Returning officer unanimously announce result and declare a particular candidate as the winner without recourse to votes casted. This was what Maurice Iwu did in 2007 that returned Yar Adua.

Good!...I suspect this is how Jonathan will try to rig election again, saw it last election when soldiers snatched ballot box all from the balcony of my house...a friend of mine whose parents are politician told me there were people thumb printing in his house and another remote town's vote didn't even make it to the counting post when the vote was announced, their votes was replaced by another!

This year, I've got a 32K camera with image resolution outstanding...I'll upload every sh*t in this election, Nigeria must be fair to all!
Re: How Are Elections Rigged? Is It True That This Happens? by Nobody: 7:31pm On Dec 07, 2014
alakara:
@barcanista
You're talking from experience.
That's how you do it in your party abi?
haha baba I no knw that one o grin.
Re: How Are Elections Rigged? Is It True That This Happens? by Nobody: 7:34pm On Dec 07, 2014
Crocz:

Good!...I suspect this is how Jonathan will try to rig election again, saw it last election when soldiers snatched ballot box all from the balcony of my house...a friend of mine whose parents are politician told me there were people thumb printing in his house and another remote town's vote didn't even make it to the counting post when the vote was announced, their votes was replaced by another!

This year, I've got a 32K camera with image resolution outstanding...I'll upload every sh*t in this election, Nigeria must be fair to all!
Be very careful when you snap. Yes, rigging is Ðone majorly in rurÀl areas and hinterlands.
Re: How Are Elections Rigged? Is It True That This Happens? by mikolo80: 8:25pm On Dec 07, 2014
Crocz:

guy na spy cams you for buy or at least mega zoom lens
Re: How Are Elections Rigged? Is It True That This Happens? by mikolo80: 8:26pm On Dec 07, 2014
barcanista:
yet ppl say buhari should not ask his supporters to defend their votes
Re: How Are Elections Rigged? Is It True That This Happens? by Crocz(m): 8:29pm On Dec 07, 2014
mikolo80:
guy na spy cams you for buy or at least mega zoom lens

Eh ehn...me no know that one na, just enter the mall and demand for best camera they've got...I can return it if I don't like it sha but it wonderful after testing it
Re: How Are Elections Rigged? Is It True That This Happens? by mikolo80: 8:46pm On Dec 07, 2014
Crocz:

Eh ehn...me no know that one na, just enter the mall and demand for best camera they've got...I can return it if I don't like it sha but it wonderful after testing it
will not be wonderful if police or thugs catch you o.guy we need you in 2015 o
Re: How Are Elections Rigged? Is It True That This Happens? by Crocz(m): 9:05pm On Dec 07, 2014
mikolo80:
will not be wonderful if police or thugs catch you o.guy we need you in 2015 o

Lolz...I can handle 'em
Re: How Are Elections Rigged? Is It True That This Happens? by abbakacici: 9:17pm On Dec 07, 2014
barcanista:

you forget one

cool another forms of rigging is voting for absentee voting : example 300 eligible voter but only 100 voters vote, but Returning officer will announced that 270-280 people vote, by increasing the votes of one candidate by 170-180
Re: How Are Elections Rigged? Is It True That This Happens? by mikolo80: 9:35pm On Dec 07, 2014
Crocz:

Lolz...I can handle 'em
Godspeed
Re: How Are Elections Rigged? Is It True That This Happens? by ayobase(m): 7:31am On Dec 08, 2014
the most dangerous form of rigging is administering and manipulating Nigerians with ethno-religion sentiment.

I think VERBAL DECLARATION on 14th of Feb, 2015 will be the best way to vote in our Nigeria of today.......at least, all the whole wide world will be our witness by counting along with us.......not only will INEC will have the data.

With this, INEC wouldn't need to print those papers again. a megaphone at each polling centre will do the work.

and they chose valentine's day for this process so they can use vacant slots to gain position since many youths might be busy somewhere else.......

They chose the only most lovely saturday in 2015 when people can wed and be wedded.
Re: How Are Elections Rigged? Is It True That This Happens? by Nobody: 7:55am On Dec 11, 2014
We are getting close to elections.
Re: How Are Elections Rigged? Is It True That This Happens? by Caseless: 9:38am On Dec 11, 2014
Op, ask Abel Gubadi, morris Iwu and Prof. Attahiru Jega, they will definately tell u how they help rigged against GMB in d 3 elections he contested or, how they've done the bidding of the ruling party, pdp since 1999.
Re: How Are Elections Rigged? Is It True That This Happens? by Nobody: 10:01am On Jan 04, 2015
Caseless:
Op, ask Abel Gubadi, morris Iwu and Prof. Attahiru Jega, they will definately tell u how they help rigged against GMB in d 3 elections he contested or, how they've done the bidding of the ruling party, pdp since 1999.

Elections is few weeks away.
Re: How Are Elections Rigged? Is It True That This Happens? by Sunymoore(m): 10:31am On Jan 04, 2015
Ask jega
Re: How Are Elections Rigged? Is It True That This Happens? by Vanpascore(m): 10:35am On Jan 04, 2015
IBB(June 12), Prof. Maurice Iwu and baba OBJ can be of help.
Re: How Are Elections Rigged? Is It True That This Happens? by dridowu: 11:02am On Jan 04, 2015
I don't know how an election is rig but if we can monitor our polling unit properly, then we can prevent rigging. The only challenges i think is "ballot snatching" when transporting back to and fro INEC office

(1) (Reply)

Revealed!!: See the living 'SAINTS' behind Jonathan on his road to success / The Most Corrupt Region In Nigeria? / Electoral Violence: APC To Submit 150 ‘sins’ Of PDP To UN, Amnesty International

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.