Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,927 members, 7,835,091 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 03:49 AM

Why, At 42, I Am In JSS1’ - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Why, At 42, I Am In JSS1’ (562 Views)

Do You Still Remember? Who Can Solve This Jss1 Maths Question? Ja / Meet Nigeria's 42-yr-old JSS1 Student And Her Son, In Same School [photo] / ‘why, At 42, I Am In JSS1’ (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Why, At 42, I Am In JSS1’ by Nobody: 12:17am On Dec 07, 2014
Mrs. Juliana Godwin, a 42-year-old Junior Secondary School I (JSSI) student of Junior
Secondary School, Gosa, Abuja, has become one of those persons with strong will to change her
condition.

Mrs. Godwin, who hails from Riyom in Riyom Local Government Area of Plateau State, had her
education stalled by lack of sponsorship, a situation that made her to drop out, in 1983, of
LEA Primary School, Riyom.

“I had to leave for Jos in 1983, since my father could no longer sponsor my education to
secondary school because he had no money. While I was with my cousin, I enrolled in a tailoring
shop to learn dress making. I completed it within a year and six months”, she told Sunday
Vanguard.

In 2001, she and her children left Jos to join her husband in Abuja, where they live at Gosa
village, along Airport Road.

An industrious woman, Godwin became the bread-winner of her family. Since had skill in hair
plaiting, that became a source of livelihood for her and the family. Later she ventured into
hawking of water in a basin in Gosa market to boost the family’s income.

“In 2003, I was able to save some money from water hawking. I started pepper and tomato
business with N1,000 from the savings. I also went into corn roasting business, but my husband
stopped me from the business in 2007,” she said.

In 2008, Godwin decided to go into vocational training with a non-governmental organisation
called Refocusing Nigerian Talents Organisation, RENITO, where she was trained in soap
(liquid, medicated and bar), pomade and disinfectants production.

“Now I can produce and sell the products I was trained on, and I started with N1,500”, Mrs.
Godwin narrated.

“I came to realise that the business was lucrative and helpful to me and my family. I decided to
make savings towards going back to school after I dropped out in 1983.

Source: www.vanguardngr.com/2014/12/42-jss1/#sthash.oUobJhu4.dpuf

Always strife harder, never give up easily

(1) (Reply)

I / Walter Rodney How Europe Underdeveloped Africa / Incompetency Of Yabatech Staff Cost Me My Job.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 7
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.