Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,801 members, 7,813,635 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 03:24 PM

Give Me A Reason To Go To Church. - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Give Me A Reason To Go To Church. (2035 Views)

Homeless Man Inspired Me To Go To Church Today (Photo) / Happy Sunday: Is Having Sex As Couple Before Going To Church Godly Or Ungodly? / Is This Not Enough Reason To disBelief God? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Give Me A Reason To Go To Church. by Chartey(m): 12:43pm On Dec 07, 2014
For a long time now I've not stepped in a church. I haven't seen the need to. People talk to me about how I need to go to church and their reasons are so flimsy. These are intelligent people who seem to become illogical when it comes to religion. Please nobody should get me wrong, I'm not anti-Christian. I cherish all the Christian values I learnt in my childhood. I just want to know what I can gain by going to church only and in no way/where else.

1 Like

Re: Give Me A Reason To Go To Church. by jinha(m): 12:44pm On Dec 07, 2014
go see dem girls....

2 Likes

Re: Give Me A Reason To Go To Church. by shikshark: 12:45pm On Dec 07, 2014
so what have you been doing with your tithes?
Re: Give Me A Reason To Go To Church. by simplemach(m): 12:46pm On Dec 07, 2014
jinha:
go see dem girls....
hmmmmm, Broooooooooooos is that your own mission...?
Re: Give Me A Reason To Go To Church. by kilokeys(m): 12:46pm On Dec 07, 2014
do not neglect the gathering of saints.

fellowship to strengthen ur faith
an ideal church should be like a family

sharing stuff together, helping one another

if u worship at home.. u r just being selfish.

either u dont wanna share what u have or u dont wanna recieve what u dont.

2 Likes

Re: Give Me A Reason To Go To Church. by jinha(m): 12:47pm On Dec 07, 2014
simplemach:
hmmmmm, Broooooooooooos is that your own mission...?
before nko.... Na so e dey the plan...
Re: Give Me A Reason To Go To Church. by peteregwu(m): 12:49pm On Dec 07, 2014
PLS DON'T BE SURPRISED AT THEM BLASPHEMING GOD, BECAUSE THEY ARE THE CHILDREN OF LUCIFER. THEY HAVE A REPROBATE MIND. THERE HEARTS IS STIRRED WITH IRON AND THEY CANT REPENT. THEY HAVE MADE UP THEIR MIND TO END TO HELL FIRE LIKE THEIR FATHER, SATAN THE DEVIL AND LUCIFER. DON'T JOIN THEM, FOR THEIR END IS HELL FIRE. THEY ARE THE KIND OF PEOPLE THAT DON'T WANT TO REPENT OF THEIR EVIL AND WICKEDNESS, NOW THEY HAVE TURNED AGAINST GOD TO BLASPHEME THE HOLY AND THE RIGHTEOUS GOD WHO LIVES AND ABIDES FOREVER.

Romans 1:28 "And even as they did not like to retain God in their knowledge, God gave them over to a reprobate mind, to do those things which are not convenient; 1:29 Being filled with all unrighteousness, fornication, wickedness, covetousness, maliciousness; full of envy, murder, debate, deceit, malignity; whisperers, 1:30 Backbiters, haters of God, despiteful, proud, boasters, inventors of evil things, disobedient to parents, 1:31 Without understanding, covenantbreakers, without natural affection, implacable, unmerciful: 1:32 Who knowing the judgment of God, that they which commit such things are worthy of death, not only do the same, but have pleasure in them that do them."
Re: Give Me A Reason To Go To Church. by seankafor(m): 12:49pm On Dec 07, 2014
And what do u gain by staying at home when others have gone to church
Re: Give Me A Reason To Go To Church. by ycmdng(m): 12:51pm On Dec 07, 2014
God owes us nothing, yet He gives us everything. have a blessed day.

1 Like

Re: Give Me A Reason To Go To Church. by simplemach(m): 12:56pm On Dec 07, 2014
jinha:

before nko.... Na so e dey the plan...
hmmmm
Re: Give Me A Reason To Go To Church. by Chartey(m): 1:12pm On Dec 07, 2014
This is the problem. No one seems to know why he or she must go to church. No cogent reason still.

1 Like

Re: Give Me A Reason To Go To Church. by holatin(m): 1:27pm On Dec 07, 2014
Because you can have holy relationship with church gurls
Re: Give Me A Reason To Go To Church. by enochogaga(m): 2:14pm On Dec 07, 2014
cos the one(GOD) that create you, and the that is still giving u life has instucted u, not to forsake the assemply
Re: Give Me A Reason To Go To Church. by Ranchhoddas: 2:35pm On Dec 07, 2014
Chartey:
For a long time now I've not stepped in a church. I haven't seen the need to. People talk to me about how I need to go to church and their reasons are so flimsy. These are intelligent people who seem to become illogical when it comes to religion. Please nobody should get me wrong, I'm not anti-Christian. I cherish all the Christian values I learnt in my childhood. I just want to know what I can gain by going to church only and in no way/where else.
You and I are in the same category.Every sunday,people that I am morally better than always make me feel like I am the worst sinner on earth with their threats of hell and all that.Yet they all fail to make me see why I should go to church.
Re: Give Me A Reason To Go To Church. by olami100(m): 2:47pm On Dec 07, 2014
peteregwu:
PLS DON'T BE SURPRISED AT THEM BLASPHEMING GOD, BECAUSE THEY ARE THE CHILDREN OF LUCIFER. THEY HAVE A REPROBATE MIND. THERE HEARTS IS STIRRED WITH IRON AND THEY CANT REPENT. THEY HAVE MADE UP THEIR MIND TO END TO HELL FIRE LIKE THEIR FATHER, SATAN THE DEVIL AND LUCIFER. DON'T JOIN THEM, FOR THEIR END IS HELL FIRE. THEY ARE THE KIND OF PEOPLE THAT DON'T WANT TO REPENT OF THEIR EVIL AND WICKEDNESS, NOW THEY HAVE TURNED AGAINST GOD TO BLASPHEME THE HOLY AND THE RIGHTEOUS GOD WHO LIVES AND ABIDES FOREVER.

Romans 1:28 "And even as they did not like to retain God in their knowledge, God gave them over to a reprobate mind, to do those things which are not convenient; 1:29 Being filled with all unrighteousness, fornication, wickedness, covetousness, maliciousness; full of envy, murder, debate, deceit, malignity; whisperers, 1:30 Backbiters, haters of God, despiteful, proud, boasters, inventors of evil things, disobedient to parents, 1:31 Without understanding, covenantbreakers, without natural affection, implacable, unmerciful: 1:32 Who knowing the judgment of God, that they which commit such things are worthy of death, not only do the same, but have pleasure in them that do them."

And what makes you think by not going to church one has belong to the devil!!! Just because someone said he doesn't see the need to go to church doesn't mean he is a devil or he is blasphemy God!!!
and if everyone of you that claims to go to church is God children and do what is right!!! How come nigeria is still like dis?? I guess we are a religious country... It is only here in nigeria we quote long scripture to our advantage and forget some reality!!!!!! To meeee I don't see how your long quoted scripture has answer the OP question.. Mtchew

1 Like

Re: Give Me A Reason To Go To Church. by olami100(m): 2:51pm On Dec 07, 2014
enochogaga:
cos the one(GOD) that create you, and the that is still giving u life has instucted u, not to forsake the assemply

Was he(GOD) or apostle paul?? I think u shud make your research very well......
Re: Give Me A Reason To Go To Church. by olami100(m): 2:52pm On Dec 07, 2014
enochogaga:

Was is it he(GOD) or apostle paul?? I think u shud make your research very well......
Re: Give Me A Reason To Go To Church. by Chartey(m): 4:29pm On Dec 07, 2014
Ranchhoddas:
You and I are in the same category.Every sunday,people that I am morally better than always make me feel like I am the worst sinner on earth with their threats of hell and all that.Yet they all fail to make me see why I should go to church.
You just tell them to give you one good reason, then they start stammering.
Re: Give Me A Reason To Go To Church. by emmyskies(m): 4:46pm On Dec 07, 2014
You need to repent fully and wholeheartedly give your life to JESUS CHRIST. Without this, even if you go to church either willingly or forcefully, you won't understand the meaning of going to church.

Till you have laid all at the feet of the master JESUS CHRIST, you will enjoy being in His presence. Then you won't be a "church-goer" but a christian
Re: Give Me A Reason To Go To Church. by AdeniyiA(m): 5:27pm On Dec 07, 2014
Chartey:

There's a proverb which says, if gods want to deal with someone they first take away his character. your question is like asking me why should you eat or why should you charge your phone when the battery is low.
You're of three entities; your body, spirit and soul. when Jesus said man shall not live by bread alone,it means that you do not only feed your body, you must also feed your spirit. Now the devil fights to starve our soul by depriving us of spiritual foods, he's so wise and cunning, giving you seemingly cogent reasons to do or not to do a particular thing...
In summary, you need to go to church because you need to be spiritually recharged continuously ,to help you build resistance against temptation and other demonic devices. The devil would tell you to stay at home to worship God but that's is gimmick to open a workshop in your mind and you won't be able to resist him...
Re: Give Me A Reason To Go To Church. by Ranchhoddas: 7:07pm On Dec 07, 2014
AdeniyiA:

There's a proverb which says, if gods want to deal with someone they first take away his character. your question is like asking me why should you eat or why should you charge your phone when the battery is low.
You're of three entities; your body, spirit and soul. when Jesus said man shall not live by bread alone,it means that you do not only feed your body, you must also feed your spirit. Now the devil fights to starve our soul by depriving us of spiritual foods, he's so wise and cunning, giving you seemingly cogent reasons to do or not to do a particular thing...
In summary, you need to go to church because you need to be spiritually recharged continuously ,to help you build resistance against temptation and other demonic devices. The devil would tell you to stay at home to worship God but that's is gimmick to open a workshop in your mind and you won't be able to resist him...
So what you are saying is that everyone in Saudi Arabia has no character right?
Re: Give Me A Reason To Go To Church. by Orunto: 7:17pm On Dec 07, 2014
Devote you body to Christ for it is the Temple of God in you,
Re: Give Me A Reason To Go To Church. by gbengarock: 8:11pm On Dec 07, 2014
OP u definitely av no reason to.

Just as u av a reason to go to work so also should u av a reason to go to church.

D truth is dat a lot of christians go to church for wrong reasons

Man is a social being and hence want to socialize. Some(mostly youths) see d church as a club house whr dey hookup and show off

Some odas see the church as a place to get all d connections(contracts and d likes)

The list can b endless. Majority seem to go for their selfish interest

DEAR OP IF THERE'S ANY OTHER REASON OTHER THAN TO WORSHIP GOD THEN IT'S NOT WORTH IT

1 Like

Re: Give Me A Reason To Go To Church. by Chartey(m): 9:54pm On Dec 07, 2014
AdeniyiA:

This is what I'm talking about. You mean I can't resist temptation if I worship God at home?
Re: Give Me A Reason To Go To Church. by AdeniyiA(m): 10:08pm On Dec 07, 2014
Chartey:

This is what I'm talking about. You mean I can't resist temptation if I worship God at home?
there's power in unity my brother,God has made it so. a single broom stick is useless in sweeping, in other words, there's a limit to which you can resist/withstand temptation when you're alone ...
Re: Give Me A Reason To Go To Church. by Debeloved87(m): 12:34am On Dec 08, 2014
I don't want to be spiritual about this but you have freewill either to go or not to go and as a rational man that you are you will want to use your freewill, but don't use it on only one side use it to explore, you have been using your freewill in not going to church and nobody question you, you can also use it in going to church and nobody will question you either...... You see how great and excellent God is in His wisdom. It's your life bro so use it as you which.. Ecclesiastical 12:13-14
Re: Give Me A Reason To Go To Church. by Weah96: 12:54am On Dec 08, 2014
You should go so that your soul can avoid burning in hell.
Re: Give Me A Reason To Go To Church. by AdeniyiA(m): 5:33am On Dec 08, 2014
Weah96:
You should go so that your soul can avoid burning in hell.
That's too harsh my brother. going to church ,being religious, or not going to church do not guaranty the kingdom of God for any being.
Going to a living Bible believing church is just necessary to help stir up our faith and to continually develop resistance to temptation and demonic attacks.

cc Chartey
Re: Give Me A Reason To Go To Church. by Kemmy210(f): 10:40am On Dec 13, 2014
We go to church to know more abt God,most pple reads bible&interpretes it differently,going to bible believing church will enable one 2learn more abt God,His personality,what&what he want us 2do 4Him.Moreover,His word says where two or more gathered in His name,He is there,therefore one usually have direct encounter in d church unlike home where one can be easily distracted.(Am not talking of churches where members browse&do all sort which can distract them during service).In other words,we go 2church in oda 2av personal encounter with God.
Re: Give Me A Reason To Go To Church. by Weah96: 12:43pm On Dec 13, 2014
Kemmy210:
We go to church to know more abt God,most pple reads bible&interpretes it differently,going to bible believing church will enable one 2learn more abt God,His personality,what&what he want us 2do 4Him.Moreover,His word says where two or more gathered in His name,He is there,therefore one usually have direct encounter in d church unlike home where one can be easily distracted.(Am not talking of churches where members browse&do all sort which can distract them during service).In other words,we go 2church in oda 2av personal encounter with God.

How do you know more about God by going to church? Would you know less if you didn't walk into the church building?
Re: Give Me A Reason To Go To Church. by Chartey(m): 12:52pm On Dec 13, 2014
Kemmy210:
You are almost always encouraging people in all your posts. I think you are a nice person. I also think you have found peace in your convictions, therefore I won't give you a reply that will shake your faith.
Please stop registering your dissatisfaction with your job online as you employer can accidentally find out. I pray you get a better job and be able to help people as I think you will. Thank you Kemmy210.
Re: Give Me A Reason To Go To Church. by Kemmy210(f): 9:23pm On Dec 13, 2014
Chartey:

You are almost always encouraging people in all your posts. I think you are a nice person. I also think you have found peace in your convictions, therefore I won't give you a reply that will shake your faith.
Please stop registering your dissatisfaction with your job online as you employer can accidentally find out. I pray you get a better job and be able to help people as I think you will. Thank you Kemmy210.
. Thank you also&Amen to your prayer.

(1) (2) (Reply)

2015 My Year Of Supernatural Exploits And Manifestations / Fire Outbreak @ WLBC Guest House Warri / Farewell To RCCG Pastor Adeboye’s Assistant -olu Obanure

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.