Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,536 members, 7,816,308 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 09:16 AM

Two Igbo Candidates Emerge In Lagos PDP House of Reps Primaries - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Two Igbo Candidates Emerge In Lagos PDP House of Reps Primaries (7921 Views)

Why Are These Two Igbo States Hated??? / Two PDP Candidates Emerge For Anambra Guber Election / Ndlea Arrests Two Igbo Drug Dealers Recovers N81m Worth Of Cocaine (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Two Igbo Candidates Emerge In Lagos PDP House of Reps Primaries by zimoni(f): 9:06pm On Dec 07, 2014
T8ksy:

Me too...........I dey LOOK & LAUGH...........

Omode won o mo 'gun, oun pe ni efo!!!

They just can't seem to comprehend how preposterous they sound.

Eniti o fe seun ti enikan o sere, oju e a ri owon ti enikan oriri.

Hahahahahahahahaahahaha

Abi o jarey

Atiku for President? I dey Laughhhhh

2015 is going to be hot, thank God I'm not a Politrickcian.
Re: Two Igbo Candidates Emerge In Lagos PDP House of Reps Primaries by ndcide(m): 9:23pm On Dec 07, 2014
ba7man:
Support a leader based on credibility not State of origin.

Wisdom is free.

I Have no issues with their emergence. that's why I support it.

Are you saying they are not credible? or less credible because they are in PDP? what exactly do you mean.

1 Like

Re: Two Igbo Candidates Emerge In Lagos PDP House of Reps Primaries by Ijebulogic(m): 10:15pm On Dec 07, 2014
The real Yoruba people have no issues with the Igbo. Sadly it is the Igbo that are chasing shadows with the Yoruba. Our head of budget in Lagos for many years is an Igbo man. In Lekki, our prime residential area - we have gladly named 60% of the streets after our Igbo brothers. We love their intelligence, their business savvy and their attitude...we welcome them even if this is not reciprocated in the East. You see the Yorubas see the bigger picture. Only bushmen believe in tribal warfare....

7 Likes

Re: Two Igbo Candidates Emerge In Lagos PDP House of Reps Primaries by fkaz(m): 10:31pm On Dec 07, 2014
BarryX:
Is this some news or some personal observation?

If it is news where is the "sauce" and if some personal observation where is the compass grin

Give it up for the enlightened Yorubas!
They're good peoples, I sha know that the possibility of this sort of thing happening in other parts of the country is like Nigeria winning World cup in Qatar

The news has source, i post it on one thread. PDP is dead on arrival in lagos they lack reasonable candidate to fill those position, that is why they just pick money miss road to fill it.
Re: Two Igbo Candidates Emerge In Lagos PDP House of Reps Primaries by thewarrior72: 10:48pm On Dec 07, 2014
ibedun:
War is inevitable in Lagos. It is just a matter of time!!!
Who's gonna fight the war?
Re: Two Igbo Candidates Emerge In Lagos PDP House of Reps Primaries by fkaz(m): 10:48pm On Dec 07, 2014
Ijebulogic:
The real Yoruba people have no issues with the Igbo. Sadly it is the Igbo that are chasing shadows with the Yoruba. Our head of budget in Lagos for many years is an Igbo man. In Lekki, our prime residential area - we have gladly named 60% of the streets after our Igbo brothers. We love their intelligence, their business savvy and their attitude...we welcome them even if this is not reciprocated in the East. You see the Yorubas see the bigger picture. Only bushmen believe in tribal warfare....

Nna this is not business, this is not appointment where you can be fired or hired at anytime, this is elective post. PDP don't have reasonable candidate who ready to waste his money, because they no APC will win the general election.
Yoruba will remind you of awolowo and azikwe issue, when the time come, go back to anambra and contest

2 Likes

Re: Two Igbo Candidates Emerge In Lagos PDP House of Reps Primaries by Nobody: 11:36pm On Dec 07, 2014
ibedun:
And who do you think is going to win the war?

1 Like

Re: Two Igbo Candidates Emerge In Lagos PDP House of Reps Primaries by laykhorn(m): 11:37pm On Dec 07, 2014
ozoigbondu:
See how igbos are colonizing lagos.........the no man land tongue. Igbos dominating lagos since 50BC .We hail one Nigeria....Go On With One Nigeria

Sai okoroji....we igbos must stamp our authority and show ndi ofe.mmanu who truly owes lagos cool
And you think Lagosians are stupid
You make your money here, yet you still wont stop hurling insultive words at Lagosians. FYI, I know what that means and I speak a lil Igbo.

1 Like

Re: Two Igbo Candidates Emerge In Lagos PDP House of Reps Primaries by tit(f): 11:41pm On Dec 07, 2014
Ichel:

What makes A+ an Isoko man.

he is isoko now!
is he from lagos?
tinubu is saying he is from ilaje to deceive lagosians.
his mother is from Epe.
Lagosians love strangers more than themselves.
Re: Two Igbo Candidates Emerge In Lagos PDP House of Reps Primaries by Arysexy(m): 11:43pm On Dec 07, 2014
Ijebulogic:

Then tell ur tribal headed brothers ranting here to chilax, the igbo candidates are not going to rep igboland But Lagos. U enjoy their tax But don't want them in politics.

No one stops a Yoruba well established in d east to contest, the problem is ur people don't move out.

It's healthy for Nigeria

2 Likes

Re: Two Igbo Candidates Emerge In Lagos PDP House of Reps Primaries by Akinwunmy(m): 11:55pm On Dec 07, 2014
Salawe Rahman repping pdp ? Abeg make una google that name or satty Rahman
Re: Two Igbo Candidates Emerge In Lagos PDP House of Reps Primaries by ebankole1(m): 12:18am On Dec 08, 2014
Emerged,as candidates just that and yeeboo are throwing/showing their yellow nyash already in public? Iddoke

Ok,let me pretend this is one of these comedy threads on nairaland sha.
Its ok grin
Re: Two Igbo Candidates Emerge In Lagos PDP House of Reps Primaries by 1Dray(m): 2:45am On Dec 08, 2014
mastertunji:
I am an indigene of Lagos. Any time I read sth like this, I keep laughing. Well, I have been told that we pple are very accommodating. Meanwhile, no matter how tolerant u are 2 Igbos, they still complain of marginalisation & discrimination. They should realise that Ibos are not d only immigrants in Lagos. We have millions of Hausas & other tribes. But they should not take our tolerance 4 granted

Meaning what kwanu?
Re: Two Igbo Candidates Emerge In Lagos PDP House of Reps Primaries by Nobody: 3:39am On Dec 08, 2014
mastertunji:
I am an indigene of Lagos. Any time I read sth like this, I keep laughing. Well, I have been told that we pple are very accommodating. Meanwhile, no matter how tolerant u are 2 Igbos, they still complain of marginalisation & discrimination. They should realise that Ibos are not d only immigrants in Lagos. We have millions of Hausas & other tribes. But they should not take our tolerance 4 granted
Igbos and other non-yorubas are NOT IMMIGRANTS in Lagos.
Stop mis-yarning.

2 Likes

Re: Two Igbo Candidates Emerge In Lagos PDP House of Reps Primaries by Nobody: 4:01am On Dec 08, 2014
Adminisher:
Ibos have all the rights and pedigree to hold elective offices in Lagos, there is no need to bad mouth yorubas about that. After the civil war in the 60s, my parents first landlord was an Ibo man. I still wonder now how that could have come about that an Ibo man could own houses of three bed flats in Lagos. The answer is the industry of the Ibo, the magnanimity of Gowon and the welcoming nature of Yorubas. In Rivers State, Ibos were not so lucky. The point is made Lagos belongs to everybody like everywhere else in Nigeria.
tell them bro
Re: Two Igbo Candidates Emerge In Lagos PDP House of Reps Primaries by mgbeketoto: 4:41am On Dec 08, 2014
END OF THEIR RACES! cheesy

Let us clap for E is for 'EFFORT'! wink

They have made the news on NL!
Re: Two Igbo Candidates Emerge In Lagos PDP House of Reps Primaries by arabbunkum: 5:37am On Dec 08, 2014
Igbos colonizing Lagos since 1914

1 Like

Re: Two Igbo Candidates Emerge In Lagos PDP House of Reps Primaries by docsholz(m): 6:14am On Dec 08, 2014
*yawns* they should win first
Re: Two Igbo Candidates Emerge In Lagos PDP House of Reps Primaries by Nobody: 6:35am On Dec 08, 2014
ibedun:
shut up, which war!

2 Likes

Re: Two Igbo Candidates Emerge In Lagos PDP House of Reps Primaries by Nobody: 6:39am On Dec 08, 2014
This is a good one not only for the Igbo group but democracy in Nigeria too.

3 Likes

Re: Two Igbo Candidates Emerge In Lagos PDP House of Reps Primaries by Nobody: 7:08am On Dec 08, 2014
BarryX:
Is this some news or some personal observation?

If it is news where is the "sauce" and if some personal observation where is the compass grin

Give it up for the enlightened Yorubas!
They're good peoples, I sha know that the possibility of this sort of thing happening in other parts of the country is like Nigeria winning World cup in Qatar
this can't happen outside Lagos, it can never happen in Ogun or Oyo so drop your article.

1 Like

Re: Two Igbo Candidates Emerge In Lagos PDP House of Reps Primaries by oladele97: 7:29am On Dec 08, 2014
What a silly ideal, how will igbo be a rep in lagos is absolutely waste of ticket from poverty development party PDP
Re: Two Igbo Candidates Emerge In Lagos PDP House of Reps Primaries by oladele97: 7:31am On Dec 08, 2014
arabbunkum:
Igbos colonizing Lagos since 1914

U are very like that, what as being the significant of igbo in Lagos since they came
Re: Two Igbo Candidates Emerge In Lagos PDP House of Reps Primaries by Bruteforce101: 8:06am On Dec 08, 2014
customized13:
This is a good one not only for the Igbo group but democracy in Nigeria too.

Shut up Simeone. Which yeye yeeboes and democracy. He will only waste his money. Stop jubilating.

1 Like

Re: Two Igbo Candidates Emerge In Lagos PDP House of Reps Primaries by Nobody: 10:30am On Dec 08, 2014
No one is taking you for granted. Gowon and Obasanjo call it One Naijiriya. We are practising that. You are as well free to contest any elective position in the east.
mastertunji:
Re: Two Igbo Candidates Emerge In Lagos PDP House of Reps Primaries by Nobody: 10:32am On Dec 08, 2014
fr3do:

Accommodating? Are you allocating land to Igbos for free?
And this is one Nigeria, you shouldnt only scream one Nigeria when its time to lick Niger delta oil.
You make enlightened comments, so I'm deciding to follow you.grin
Re: Two Igbo Candidates Emerge In Lagos PDP House of Reps Primaries by BarryX(m): 11:21am On Dec 08, 2014
customized13:
this can't happen outside Lagos, it can never happen in Ogun or Oyo so drop your article.
Now you sound a bit insecured? angry
Re: Two Igbo Candidates Emerge In Lagos PDP House of Reps Primaries by Olaolufred(m): 11:32am On Dec 08, 2014
manuch:
Two Igbo reps as well as two women were among the winners of the Peoples Democratic Party House of Representatives primaries which held in several parts of Lagos State on Saturday producing about 10 winners, at press time.

In Eti-Osa Federal constituency, Mr. Bakare Akala emerged as the winner

Oshodi/Isolo Federal constituency 1, Mr. Mutiu Shadimu won.

In Ikeja, Mr. Kunle Okunola emerged as the party’s candidate

Oshodi/Isolo Federal constituency 2, Mr. Tony Nwoolu emerged as the winner.

In Ajeromi-Ifelodun it was Mrs. Rita Orji while in Ikorodu, Mr. Ola Animashaun emerged as the candidate of the party.

In Kosofe, Mrs. Sherifat Hassan emerged the winner while in Alimosho, Otunba Busari Ayinde came out tops.

In Mushin constituency 1, it was Mr. Oluremi Adeyelu while in Lagos Island, it was Mr. Rahman Salawe.

[size=14pt]I KNOW THIS IS THE SEASON OF BAZAAR.

PDP, BRAVO.

YOUR 16 YEARS OF MISRULE ENDS IN FEBRUARY 2015.
[/size]
Re: Two Igbo Candidates Emerge In Lagos PDP House of Reps Primaries by Rexnegro(m): 11:42am On Dec 08, 2014
ndcide:
This is good for our democracy.

I'm surprised that those supporting On do state man Ambode for Lagos governorship are against this.

This is indeed a welcome development. I hope they win. This will remove the cult like house of assembly we currently have in Lagos.

We need a strong legislative house in Lagos a beg.

If Lagosians are truly enlightened as some will say. Then they should support this. it also brings unity.

This is not good for our young democrazy , sometin other tribes can't try in igbo land east they want do am in SW moreso in lagos because yorubas are accommodating , peace loving and advance set of people abi ? Let igbo give other tribe ticket in their eastern igbotic politic in their place before u can be talking abt unity. Which useless unity ? Unity that not a single hausa or yoruba name as street name in east ? Or have u ever seen Balogun street or Musa salami street in east ? Don't tink we are fools o , if they win in those constituencies make I turn ghanian. Bastardsss people.
Re: Two Igbo Candidates Emerge In Lagos PDP House of Reps Primaries by Rexnegro(m): 11:56am On Dec 08, 2014
Adminisher:
Ibos have all the rights and pedigree to hold elective offices in Lagos, there is no need to bad mouth yorubas about that. After the civil war in the 60s, my parents first landlord was an Ibo man. I still wonder now how that could have come about that an Ibo man could own houses of three bed flats in Lagos. The answer is the industry of the Ibo, the magnanimity of Gowon and the welcoming nature of Yorubas. In Rivers State, Ibos were not so lucky. The point is made Lagos belongs to everybody like everywhere else in Nigeria.
U were making a nice statement until u foolishly spoiled it with ur last line where u said " The point is made Lagos belongs to everybody like everywhere else in Nigeria" I dare u pls go to isale eko, badagry, aworis, Igando, and other places where u will see many of true lagos indigenous indigenes and say it in the midst of lagos true indigenes. If lagos belong to everybody like everywhere why then the igbos are not lucky like u said in rivers ? How come the rivers people chase them like flies out of their land ? Bro mind ur comment next time.
Re: Two Igbo Candidates Emerge In Lagos PDP House of Reps Primaries by wheredemdey: 11:59am On Dec 08, 2014
Rexnegro:

This is not good for our young democrazy , sometin other tribes can't try in igbo land east they want do am in SW moreso in lagos because yorubas are accommodating , peace loving and advance set of people abi ? Let igbo give other tribe ticket in their eastern igbotic politic in their place before u can be talking abt unity. Which useless unity ? Unity that not a single hausa or yoruba name as street name in east ? Or have u ever seen Balogun street or Musa salami street in east ? Don't tink we are fools o , if they win in those constituencies make I turn ghanian. Bastardsss people.

You should be worried that an igbo man..all the way from the east..crossing several rivers and stream defeated a supposed omolaubi..defeated and thrashed a lagos indigene to clinch the pdp ticket.

thats the bone of contention..it calls for sober reflection on the part of every sane yoruba man...that not one but two igbo guys defeated so many yoruba guys to clinch the lone pdp house of rep ticket.
Re: Two Igbo Candidates Emerge In Lagos PDP House of Reps Primaries by Rexnegro(m): 12:03pm On Dec 08, 2014
Ijebulogic:
Nice comment bro but the igbos are not people u give half a chance to talkless of a full chance cos they will end up taking chances believing that u that give them chance is a fool.... I hope the yorubas will wake up and stop all this nonsense that can't be reciprocated in east...at least if I don't know anytin I know a lot about the igbos cos I grew up in the east...people that can kill themselves because of family land want come dey claim where no belong to their forefathers. Yeye dey smell and another civil war dey nearby . First they ask for deputy gov post in lagos , anyway na that useless party pdp I blame sha for giving igbo men tickets in lagos. Let wait and see the result sha. Guess this will give the apc greater chance of winning in those constituencies

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Most Dangerous Special Forces Of The World. See How Your Country’s Army Looks !! / Reps Demand Urgent Negotiation With Boko Haram For Release Of Captives / I an Not A Chauvinist, I Have Enough Women In My Administration - Buhari

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.