Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,357 members, 7,819,280 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 01:42 PM

Is It Good To Laminate One's Certificates? - Education (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Is It Good To Laminate One's Certificates? (32877 Views)

Is It Advisable To Laminate My DEGREE Certificate Or Not. PLS READ / Is It Advisable To Laminate Your Certificate? / Is It Good To Laminate Certificates? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Is It Good To Laminate One's Certificates? by tellwisdom: 9:34am On Dec 08, 2014
You are foolish. Your certificate na money ni?? sad
Re: Is It Good To Laminate One's Certificates? by singlefade25(f): 9:34am On Dec 08, 2014
yes
Re: Is It Good To Laminate One's Certificates? by youngds: 9:34am On Dec 08, 2014
angry in France you could get arrested for dat!!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Is It Good To Laminate One's Certificates? by AZeD1(m): 9:35am On Dec 08, 2014
bennieman:
I have laminated my certs oh because I can't afford to have any erroneous alterations/defacing on them. BTW can someone tell us why those foreign establishments reject laminated certs?
Because you've altered the certificate and that renders it invalid.

1 Like

Re: Is It Good To Laminate One's Certificates? by efilefun(m): 9:35am On Dec 08, 2014
I don't think laminating certificate is the best cuz after taking my documents to Abuja for stamps and signature from foreign affairs and ministry of education, the lamination had to be removed and they were not even careful dem just scatter the back of the certificate anyhow when dem dey open am.... so its advisable not to laminate it at all, you just get a file and keep it inside and be careful with it.

1 Like

Re: Is It Good To Laminate One's Certificates? by Tbillz(m): 9:35am On Dec 08, 2014
The old ones you have laminated? Do regret doing it?
Re: Is It Good To Laminate One's Certificates? by murphybo(m): 9:35am On Dec 08, 2014
[color=#000099][/color]cant believe i made front page all this while
oh boi if u hear peoples story u go rush go do all ur credentials...a Friend of mine NYSC CERTIFICATE was turn to pieces as a result of rain that beat us on POP cos he believed laminating is a sin. pls do laminate it oh its so good coolcant believe i made front page all this while
oh boi if u hear peoples story u go rush go do all ur credentials...a Friend of mine NYSC CERTIFICATE was turn to pieces as a result of rain that beat us on POP cos he believed laminating is a sin. pls do laminate it oh its so good
Re: Is It Good To Laminate One's Certificates? by samuelfemo(m): 9:36am On Dec 08, 2014
ok
Re: Is It Good To Laminate One's Certificates? by fpeter(f): 9:37am On Dec 08, 2014
wait till evil rats piss on the non-laminated copies

1 Like

Re: Is It Good To Laminate One's Certificates? by dopedealer(m): 9:40am On Dec 08, 2014
@ TOPIC,no no no no no no no no no no no no no
no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no
Re: Is It Good To Laminate One's Certificates? by kwencypresh(f): 9:40am On Dec 08, 2014
its gud to laminate ur cert bcus of sum stubborn rats
Re: Is It Good To Laminate One's Certificates? by Nobody: 9:41am On Dec 08, 2014
Do u have rats around?

ritababe:
its good to laminate to preserve it from water, rat etc
Re: Is It Good To Laminate One's Certificates? by myjoebol: 9:43am On Dec 08, 2014
nothing bad in laminaton, just to protect it
Re: Is It Good To Laminate One's Certificates? by ritababe(f): 9:43am On Dec 08, 2014
nedu213:
Do u have rats around?

and cockroach too
Re: Is It Good To Laminate One's Certificates? by Sleekyshuga(f): 9:43am On Dec 08, 2014
DancingSkeleton:
Don't laminate them at all
Reasons u can submit a laminated document for an official use... Like me for instance I laminated my birth cert. So after gaining admin. Into d UNI . I needed to submit it just cos it was laminated I had to go and issue another one which cost me more than I expected
I used my laminated documents all through-------from my year 1 clearance to my Certificate verification.. No 1 blinked an eye..

As someone rightly said, SCAN them, and save them.. Twill go a long way..
Re: Is It Good To Laminate One's Certificates? by link2ok(m): 9:43am On Dec 08, 2014
When Oga begin come shop b4 en sales girl, yu knw that he has definetly entered her promise land.

@op wats ur question again pls.

1 Like

Re: Is It Good To Laminate One's Certificates? by Pamcrest(f): 9:43am On Dec 08, 2014
Op, scan it and save it. Then laminate the original certificate to preserve it. Whenever u need to give out original copies, just print out d scanned copy on colour printer. I have seen it done and it was accepted.
My humble submission
Re: Is It Good To Laminate One's Certificates? by Kimoni: 9:44am On Dec 08, 2014
The dirtier your certificates looks, the more authentic it is, laminated certificates are prone to fraud cuz they can be used to cover alterations so foreign organizations and embassies may reject them.

Pls do not laminate ur certificates, don't mind how dirty and old they will look in later years, that actually confirms their originality.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is It Good To Laminate One's Certificates? by dopedealer(m): 9:44am On Dec 08, 2014
murphybo:
[color=#000099][/color]cant believe i made front page all this while
oh boi if u hear peoples story u go rush go do all ur credentials...a Friend of mine NYSC CERTIFICATE was turn to pieces as a result of rain that beat us on POP cos he believed laminating is a sin. pls do laminate it oh its so good coolcant believe i made front page all this while
oh boi if u hear peoples story u go rush go do all ur credentials...a Friend of mine NYSC CERTIFICATE was turn to pieces as a result of rain that beat us on POP cos he believed laminating is a sin. pls do laminate it oh its so good

^^ think global bro.
if you want travel embassy fit tell you say them no go collect laminated copies bcus of wetin boiz don do in the past with fake laminated copies
they find it hard to verify and easily discharge of such certs . Not in all cases. of-course if my certs are original and laminated i would defend myself. just to avoid unnecessary stories. u feel me bro
Re: Is It Good To Laminate One's Certificates? by Nobody: 9:46am On Dec 08, 2014
Hehehehehe

ritababe:

and cockroach too
Re: Is It Good To Laminate One's Certificates? by kennytidistar(m): 9:47am On Dec 08, 2014
Do not laminate, some verification machine may give wrong report regard the authentication of the certificate, just scan it to your disc drive and get a credential folder, it is like a photo album but its large enough to contain your files, insert each document into each page gently, when ever there is need for verification, you can easily pull them out. mind you once you laminate your certifice you can't pull it out again, don't shortchange your self.

1 Like

Re: Is It Good To Laminate One's Certificates? by Newkidoo(m): 9:49am On Dec 08, 2014
It is bad...just keep d original and photocopy it....
Don't laminate ur certificate...
Re: Is It Good To Laminate One's Certificates? by henrydadon(m): 9:49am On Dec 08, 2014
no no no we don't laminate our certificate in france where I come frm
Re: Is It Good To Laminate One's Certificates? by OrlandoOwoh(m): 9:50am On Dec 08, 2014
It is, but you should be careful about it. The laminating machine should not be too hot. I remember after my To Whom It May Concern/Notification got lost, I travelled from Warri to Ile-Ife to get a new one. After I had waited for the whole day and got it, it got burnt by the person I gave it to for lamination.
Re: Is It Good To Laminate One's Certificates? by IdomaLikita: 9:52am On Dec 08, 2014
I don Bleep up!

Yipee!!! I have successfully removed the lamination!

1 Like

Re: Is It Good To Laminate One's Certificates? by Spydamannn(m): 9:52am On Dec 08, 2014
fpeter:
wait till evil rats piss on the non-laminated copies
lol...blaaad of gawd
Re: Is It Good To Laminate One's Certificates? by iponrite: 9:53am On Dec 08, 2014
i dont laminate...i cremate mine
Re: Is It Good To Laminate One's Certificates? by elbinmanny(m): 9:53am On Dec 08, 2014
Dont know wat to say o....owky....#MyPartyWillDecide cheesy
Re: Is It Good To Laminate One's Certificates? by fujirice: 9:56am On Dec 08, 2014
ritababe:
its good to laminate to preserve it from water, rat etc
Are you kidding me right now? Rats? I laugh in Greek. Na the lamination go make the cert sweet well well for the rat mouth sef.
Re: Is It Good To Laminate One's Certificates? by Nobody: 9:57am On Dec 08, 2014
teetom:
Hi fellow nairalanders. I want to know your view on
issue of laminating certificates,especially those that
have had the opportunity of travelling abroad.Some
say lamination of certificate is the best option to
preserve it because any slight alteration renders it
useless and valueless and you know it's not easy
to get another once it is altered.

While some say
many foreign establishments and even embassy
reject laminated certificate.

Please what are your
views on it?
mine was as light as tissue paper. I had to laminate it to avoid stories that touch the heart. If they want confirmation,my school can write to them.
Re: Is It Good To Laminate One's Certificates? by Nobody: 10:00am On Dec 08, 2014
Put ur certificates in a plastic or rubber file. It stays safe as long as you want. Even the process of lamination can alter d certificate.
Re: Is It Good To Laminate One's Certificates? by shakrullah(m): 10:02am On Dec 08, 2014
Vince77:
If u dnt hv food in ur house laminate it.... rats r not smiling.
lolz

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Funaab Student Attacks The VC Church, DHBC And Set Cars On Fire / Umar Farouk Lawal Emerges NANS President / Mufutau Waliu: Ogun Poly Lecturer Shot Dead - Picture

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.