Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,777 members, 7,817,203 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 08:10 AM

I Denied The Affair, Now She Says Her Baby Is Mine- -how Can I Handle This? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / I Denied The Affair, Now She Says Her Baby Is Mine- -how Can I Handle This? (1281 Views)

If You Propose And She Says 'No', Is The Relationship Over? / How Do I Handle A Stubborn Girlfriend? / When She Is Not A Virgin And She Says " No Sex Till Marriage ". (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Denied The Affair, Now She Says Her Baby Is Mine- -how Can I Handle This? by Toggle: 9:07pm On Dec 03, 2008
My fiancé is 7 months pregnant. We are already engaged and will be officially married soon. In the early days of the relationship when we weren’t yet very serious, I had a fling with a girl in my neighborhood – we had sex twice but parted ways when I told her about my girlfriend- she later met someone else and they started dating. About a month or two later we met and she told me she was pregnant but wasn’t sure who owned it, but was determined to keep it. Her new guy however had accepted responsibility and they were going to get married. Some1 (I don’t know who) told my fiancé when she visited the next time that I had brought that girl home. I flatly denied it. She later called and told the girl off. 

Things have been normal ever since (my fiancé mentions it sometimes though but I still deny it). Yesterday however she called to tell me the baby was mine: she said the baby looks nothing like the other guy (although the guy is taking care of the baby)- she says her conscience tells her am the father anytime she sees the baby. She claimed she wasn’t asking me to accept the baby but just to know that I had a baby. I’m deeply troubled-I have a feeling this might resurface sometime.

How do I handle this situation?

1.I might tell my fiancé- I believe she loves me enough to forgive me but she definitely would be devastated- and am scared of the effect it might have on her pregnancy

2.I might just let it be hoping it never resurfaces again

3.I might tell her sometime later…after our baby is born.

Please advice- I’m really confused.
Re: I Denied The Affair, Now She Says Her Baby Is Mine- -how Can I Handle This? by LadyT(f): 9:09pm On Dec 03, 2008
No what you need to say is YOU WERE NOT VERY SERIOUS!

See your life now.

Tell her after the baby is born she does not deserve this stress now.
Re: I Denied The Affair, Now She Says Her Baby Is Mine- -how Can I Handle This? by GsUp: 9:10pm On Dec 03, 2008
Get a paternity test. That is the only way you can put this to bed.

You don't want to be paying child maintenance for a baby that isn't yours - especially in the UK (if that is where you are baesed.)
Re: I Denied The Affair, Now She Says Her Baby Is Mine- -how Can I Handle This? by shollyaj(m): 12:05am On Dec 04, 2008
Show your fiance all the love you can now, Support her all thru her pregnancy state and tell her when she's put to bed and dont make it too hard on her when telling her, and as for the other lady be wise enough to know the baby is yours first, before putting yourself thru unnecessary responsibilities.

All d best.
Re: I Denied The Affair, Now She Says Her Baby Is Mine- -how Can I Handle This? by tmoney11(m): 12:55am On Dec 04, 2008
Wait till your baby has been delivered ok. You will not to find a perfect mood to tell her
Re: I Denied The Affair, Now She Says Her Baby Is Mine- -how Can I Handle This? by Moyola(f): 1:24am On Dec 04, 2008
eyah!! embarassed

hpe yu get d mind tu tel hur sha undecided
Re: I Denied The Affair, Now She Says Her Baby Is Mine- -how Can I Handle This? by sillyboy(m): 1:53am On Dec 04, 2008
Go do paternity test, and if it turns out to be your,. . .simply accept your responsibilities please.

Kids and Elderly ones should never be abandoned for whatever reasons. undecided
Re: I Denied The Affair, Now She Says Her Baby Is Mine- -how Can I Handle This? by jgirl3: 4:31am On Dec 04, 2008
If it's your baby, I think you should take a lot of interest in it.
First thing, straighten the whole thing out with the fiancee.
Secondly, go for paternity test.
Lastly, if it's yours, be a responsible father. You do not want to have a child who does not know you.
Re: I Denied The Affair, Now She Says Her Baby Is Mine- -how Can I Handle This? by LoveAlways(f): 5:57am On Dec 04, 2008
You're in trouble
Re: I Denied The Affair, Now She Says Her Baby Is Mine- -how Can I Handle This? by JJYOU: 5:58am On Dec 04, 2008
what can i say?
Re: I Denied The Affair, Now She Says Her Baby Is Mine- -how Can I Handle This? by arramyjay: 6:04am On Dec 04, 2008
Really sad, but the earlier the better it will really hurt. I suggest you involve your parents let them do the talking for you.
Re: I Denied The Affair, Now She Says Her Baby Is Mine- -how Can I Handle This? by Ben13: 11:46am On Dec 04, 2008
still thinking of an idea.

(1) (Reply)

Anyone Ready To Date? If Ready Then Let's Start / What Do U Hate In Ur Partner(man/woman)? / .

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.