Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,138 members, 7,811,199 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 06:23 AM

Travelling To Canada Part 7 - Travel (102) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Travelling To Canada Part 7 (1148729 Views)

Travelling To Canada Part 9 / Travelling To Canada Part 8 / Travelling To Canada Part 6 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (99) (100) (101) (102) (103) (104) (105) ... (502) (Go Down)

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by kennycooly: 4:27pm On Jan 08, 2015
Have gat a bsc in Accounting, finished NYSC in march 2014, applied for a Pgd in business mgt @ CIMT college, ontario...my sponsor was my maternal uncle and he only provided an account with 12,000dols, of which I have also been scared about djz amount...I am working now tho but I did not state thatvin my application when I applied in october because I got the job in july, so I stated that I was doing home lesson presently....I also added my family pics and old pics of my with my parents together with also a land document of my dad..
Fhemmmy:

How much was in the account that was used and how long has the account been in existence as well as what is the activity volume on the account, what is your tie to Nigeria and what course were you planning to go and study at what level?
Looking at those reasons, you made a lot of Bubu and for sure repackaging will be a good idea but with a lot of work.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by Siga: 4:39pm On Jan 08, 2015
kennycooly:
Have gat a bsc in Accounting, finished NYSC in march 2014, applied for a Pgd in business mgt @ CIMT college, ontario...my sponsor was my maternal uncle and he only provided an account with 12,000dols, of which I have also been scared about djz amount...I am working now tho but I did not state thatvin my application when I applied in october because I got the job in july, so I stated that I was doing home lesson presently....I also added my family pics and old pics of my with my parents together with also a land document of my dad..
... U nailed urself with the school of choice CIMT ... thats a Private school which has screwed few students up here and few students have wrriten to Immigration complaining about the deception and refunds asked for... Always go for a public school ...CIMT is not a school but a training centre... dont let all dem website fool u ...

3 Likes

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by 9jabiggurl: 5:03pm On Jan 08, 2015
kennycooly:

I also think you nailed yourself with you not delacring that you had a job - that would have being one of your hometie....

Note your mistakes and put yourself together and reapply.

Favour on your next admission and reapplication...
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by suzzylicious: 5:19pm On Jan 08, 2015
please assist me on steps followed after admission letter. Will like to go with my kids if possible while hubby can join later
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by hayqinsbFX: 5:20pm On Jan 08, 2015
the amount in the account screwed you majorly. even if youre not workingit sudnt affect you that badly.
kennycooly:
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by kaynine59(m): 5:26pm On Jan 08, 2015
Kennycooly sorry for ur delay... We sef lick d same tin but brace urself cos dis year is ur year and ours as well

Take a day or two off and plan ur next move.. God's blessings
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by tnuola(f): 5:29pm On Jan 08, 2015
diamondsare4eva:
Abeg make una carry this gala talk go another forum. Let's be sympathetic to the plight of others.
@kennycooly,list your documents so the gurus can take a look. Just repackage and refire. You will get it this time

If you had read previous parts of this thread you would have understood better.... All the talk of gala and the rest are things that make the thread lively. It doesn't mean one isn't sympathetic.

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by yyzz: 5:31pm On Jan 08, 2015
Hi guys, I've submitted my application to the embassy since 14th November and no response yet.sad
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by Siga: 5:34pm On Jan 08, 2015
yyzz:
Hi guys, I've submitted my application to the embassy since 14th November and no response yet.sad
... Yea... thats what normally happens when they are working on ur app... still within the processing time range...

2 Likes

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by yyzz: 5:36pm On Jan 08, 2015
Siga:
... Yea... thats what normally happens when they are working on ur app... still within the processing time range...
thanks a lot @Oga Mr Siga, I hope everything is ok, ( maximum respect )

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by Siga: 5:38pm On Jan 08, 2015
yyzz:

thanks a lot @Oga Mr Siga, I hope everything is ok, ( maximum respect )
... Eltin aight ... don't be a scary cat.... Who God go bless, aint no one can stop... No shaking my guy.... sleep easy..

2 Likes

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by yyzz: 5:44pm On Jan 08, 2015
Siga:
... Eltin aight ... don't be a scary cat.... Who God go bless, aint no one can stop... No shaking my guy.... sleep easy..
Thanks so much, I really appreciate yousmiley
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by tnuola(f): 5:47pm On Jan 08, 2015
@kennycooly sorry about your delay.. Please pay attention to the clarifications being made and refire once amendments are made.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by tnuola(f): 5:51pm On Jan 08, 2015
Today, Thursday, Jan 8 2015 makes its exactly 11 weeks I submitted my app, still hoping for the best . I applied Thursday October 23, 2014 via the paper route.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by Fhemmmy: 5:51pm On Jan 08, 2015
kennycooly:

[b]I am assuming that is what you were using as home tie.... please correct me if i am wrong, if that was it, then, that is not enough, if you are working now and you have a good relationship with your office and they are able to give you a letter that your position (Hopefully related to what you wanna go and study) will be waiting for you while you are away studying - as a matter of fact, will it be possible for the company you work for now to co-sponsor you on paper while monetary stuff will be by you and your family.

If you could find a way to raise the money that will be shown in the account to about 4M Naira (Please note that is not law that says must be up to that but it is only common sense, cos your uncle has family and if he only has 2M Naira in the account and you are going for study that is worth that much, how will he survive while you are away in Canada.

It is important you give them reason to know and be sure you will be back in Nigeria (Though you and I know say u MIGHT not wanna)
If whatever kinda job you doing now is related to your study, that will help you a million time too.

Ask further questions and i am sure capable people here will tackle it and we will surely see you in Canada, BUT MUST BRING MY GALA OH

Go for public school as well and leave all those mushroom school alone[/b]

5 Likes

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by Fhemmmy: 5:53pm On Jan 08, 2015
yyzz:

Dont count all the days before Christmas and after till new year cos like you enjoying your turkey, they do too . . . . But you should be fine

2 Likes

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by Onyeoma3: 5:57pm On Jan 08, 2015
Kepner:

Lol @ gala and garri

I recently noticed you're a uOttawa student and would like to clarify something with you if you don't mind.
Do uOttawa grad students offer courses in the summer??...As in, I'll like to make a full year's tuition and I'm not very certain whether I should include summer session fees as well

Grad students rarely offer courses in the summer, except on special arrangements in which case one can either do a project(if a course-based student is lucky to get a supervisor for it) or if a research-based student, one can continue with his/her research project during summer.

Well, am not so familiar with M. EBT program, will inquire and get back to you.

In addition, general fee for grad studies is abt 14k plus per year(for only fall and winter session), so adding summer session will definitely hit abt 20k.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by Halimaah: 6:01pm On Jan 08, 2015
kennycooly:
Wow....just been refused...applied on Oct 31
. Jesus Christ! What's going on? What were the reasons given ? So sorry dear. God strengthen you.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by nairaspace: 6:07pm On Jan 08, 2015
ThatWarriBoy:

I disagree with you. When u track ur application through the VFS platform, you will see a message saying your application is being processed in the Canada Visa Office, Lagos. Maybe they issue the visas in Accra but they are being processed in Lagos.

Visa application, tracking ID No.20141120GHANSTU***** is being processed at the Canada Visa Office, ACCRA
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by bpatient: 6:10pm On Jan 08, 2015
hello All

Pls successful applicants like toucheli, snappyfingaz et all..pls foward your sops to me pls, need as many as possible to go through will highly appreciate it.Meanhwile i intend applying for apgd in saftery and risk engineering at mun..but i have a 3rd class...

Bless
jab2l14@gmail.com
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by blink6(m): 6:35pm On Jan 08, 2015
My people, how una dey?
Been a while... God blessings on us no go get go slow.

Reporting from Tdot with only singlet and boxers on top -30 degrees

2 Likes

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by Siga: 6:38pm On Jan 08, 2015
blink6:

Reporting from Tdot with only singlet and boxers on top -30 degrees
... This right there is a lie... Pic of u outside in singlet and boxers or u are a liar...

2 Likes

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by blink6(m): 6:41pm On Jan 08, 2015
Siga:
... This right there is a lie... Pic of u outside in singlet and boxers or u are a liar...
Oga mi, u sef no say I no ft try am na. Even oyibo people wear 3clothes.
Na joke I dey. Egusi soup dey hungry me sha.

2 Likes

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by pampem: 6:42pm On Jan 08, 2015
tnuola:
Today, Thursday, Jan 8 2015 makes its exactly 11 weeks I submitted my app, still hoping for the best . I applied Thursday October 23, 2014 via the paper route.

it will end in praise dear!

5 Likes

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by mrnilobrawn: 6:47pm On Jan 08, 2015
diamondsare4eva:
Abeg make una carry this gala talk go another forum. Let's be sympathetic to the plight of others.
@kennycooly,list your documents so the gurus can take a look. Just repackage and refire. You will get it this time
Gala talk was yesterday, u ar just woking up huh, I bet u hav'nt read much previous pages.
You can always skip the gala comments if they dont apply to ur case.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by Fhemmmy: 6:51pm On Jan 08, 2015
Siga:

Maybe na suicide mission now . . . Lol

2 Likes

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by diamondsare4eva: 6:56pm On Jan 08, 2015
@mrnilobrawn. I get it, it's been resolved, my bad
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by tnuola(f): 6:59pm On Jan 08, 2015
pampem:

it will end in praise dear!

Amen.. Thanks sis
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by Kepner(f): 7:12pm On Jan 08, 2015
Onyeoma3:

Grad students rarely offer courses in the summer, except on special arrangements in which case one can either do a project(if a course-based student is lucky to get a supervisor for it) or if a research-based student, one can continue with his/her research project during summer.

Well, am not so familiar with M. EBT program, will inquire and get back to you.

In addition, general fee for grad studies is abt 14k plus per year(for only fall and winter session), so adding summer session will definitely hit abt 20k.

Oh really...the whole thing is just confusing to me, I personally think uOttawa has the worst tuition detailing I've ever seen
But nevertheless, will be hoping to hear about that from you soon sha...thanks a lot!

And also do you know how hard it can be for a course-based student to find a willing supervisor for a project?..you mentioned something about that
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by mrnilobrawn: 7:45pm On Jan 08, 2015
kennycooly:
Wow....just been refused...applied on Oct 31
sorry bro, Hope ur school is listed amonge the Designated Learning Institute.

Well, alot has been said above so when u are set with a new admission date...u should be able to tackle all the reasons listed on ur refusal.

its well with you.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by Onyeoma3: 8:09pm On Jan 08, 2015
Kepner:

Oh really...the whole thing is just confusing to me, I personally think uOttawa has the worst tuition detailing I've ever seen
But nevertheless, will be hoping to hear about that from you soon sha...thanks a lot!

And also do you know how hard it can be for a course-based student to find a willing supervisor for a project?..you mentioned something about that

Don't be confused dear, where have you been checking for your tuition fees?
M. EBT students can only take courses during fall and winter (according to a friend currently doing the program).

By finding a supervisor for a project, do you mean switching to research-based or just the project attached to the M. EBT program(if the latter, I believe that won't be difficult at all but if the former, it depends on how hard you press and the availability of a professor, a 60/40 chance if I may say).
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by kennycooly: 8:18pm On Jan 08, 2015
D job am doing nw is not related to my course @ all and dey wont even gv me dah leta at all....
Fhemmmy:

[b]I am assuming that is what you were using as home tie.... please correct me if i am wrong, if that was it, then, that is not enough, if you are working now and you have a good relationship with your office and they are able to give you a letter that your position (Hopefully related to what you wanna go and study) will be waiting for you while you are away studying - as a matter of fact, will it be possible for the company you work for now to co-sponsor you on paper while monetary stuff will be by you and your family.

If you could find a way to raise the money that will be shown in the account to about 4M Naira (Please note that is not law that says must be up to that but it is only common sense, cos your uncle has family and if he only has 2M Naira in the account and you are going for study that is worth that much, how will he survive while you are away in Canada.

It is important you give them reason to know and be sure you will be back in Nigeria (Though you and I know say u MIGHT not wanna)
If whatever kinda job you doing now is related to your study, that will help you a million time too.

Ask further questions and i am sure capable people here will tackle it and we will surely see you in Canada, BUT MUST BRING MY GALA OH

Go for public school as well and leave all those mushroom school alone[/b]

(1) (2) (3) ... (99) (100) (101) (102) (103) (104) (105) ... (502)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 / Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.