Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,503 members, 7,861,440 topics. Date: Saturday, 15 June 2024 at 12:22 PM

Travelling To Canada Part 7 - Travel (125) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Travelling To Canada Part 7 (1167057 Views)

Travelling To Canada Part 9 / Travelling To Canada Part 8 / Travelling To Canada Part 6 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (122) (123) (124) (125) (126) (127) (128) ... (502) (Go Down)

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by Siga: 5:32pm On Jan 18, 2015
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by Siga: 5:33pm On Jan 18, 2015
ekpblues8:
@SIGA: Oga Siga,pls i need ur help !!.i've secured admission to study Post Degree Diploma in global business mgt(2yrs) at North Island College, comox valley,BC.Paid tuition for 1st year.to resume for Spring session(April 30th). i'm about to send in my application .wish to find out if im good to go with d following documentations:

1.My Sponsors SOA : N5million
2.Property evaluation certificate(from Diya Fatimilehin & Co.)(a storey building with 4 flats):N42,500,000
3.My SOP
4.International Passport
5.Police Clearance Certificate
6.Letter of Admission
7.Transcript
8.Bsc.ceritificate
9.Statement of result.
10.NYSC Certificate
11.Letter of Sponsorship (from Sponsor)
12.Affidavit of Support
13.Reference Letter from Sponsor
14.Sworn Affidavit for Declaration of Age
15.Familiy Ties:photocopies of Data pages of members of family
16.Reference letter from Employer
17.Letter of Promotion
18.Letter of Employment
19.Evidence of Payment of School Fees(Acceptance Letter from School)
20.School Fees Receipt
21.My Resume
22.official I.D Card
23.My SOA
24.Letter of Acceptance for Plot of Land from Coopeerative Society

@siga: pls kindly point out any document i may have left out.
...^^^ My Oga... U did well with this set up... Will advise u push this app in this week cos u are cutting it too close to April... U have to keep in mind... Putting together documents is not a guarantee for success... Ur educational background's relation with what u are going for goes a long way... There must be a close relationship there ...plus ur current status... hope u closed all gaps and picked a program relevant to ur current situation...Best of Luck..

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by Nobody: 5:34pm On Jan 18, 2015
kellycute:
Please how can someone show proof of finance if her local govt wana sponsor her master in canada. Scholarship stuff. what are some of d document she gona need from the local govt for visa stuff please?.

I think you should just get the sponsorship letter, affidavit and maybe notarized too from the local government, that should do.

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by Siga: 5:48pm On Jan 18, 2015
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by darisgod(m): 7:23pm On Jan 18, 2015
Pls o I was arguing wit my "too know" sister she said dirz Canada visa lottery pls hw true is diz
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by yyzz: 7:28pm On Jan 18, 2015
pyzdan:
from that site gave i learnt it will take six weeks or more to retrieve the file from cic, to me it will delay in re- firing but one ought to have it
Sorry, do you mean you'd have to wait for 6 weeks to get your documents after submission through paper route?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by funmi14: 7:56pm On Jan 18, 2015
midee:
hi,i think she should apply for a 8 months course they will help her with writing their nursing exams then she can move on with her msc
Please I would appreciate if you can throw more light to that..8months course.. Which school offers that?
I would appreciate more options for someone with Bsc. Nursing to enter Canada... House.
Thanks.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by Nobody: 8:26pm On Jan 18, 2015
Siga:
...^^^ My Oga... U did well with this set up... Will advise u push this app in this week cos u are cutting it too close to April... U have to keep in mind... Putting together documents is not a guarantee for success... Ur educational background's relation with what u are going for goes a long way... There must be a close relationship there ...plus ur current status... hope u closed all gaps and picked a program relevant to ur current situation...Best of Luck..
can an explanatory SOP deal with the relationship between the two courses if they arr slightly unrelated?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by funmi14: 8:28pm On Jan 18, 2015
Bamz:
Hello beautiful people,

Is there anyone who's going to Nova Scotia Dalhousie Uni to be precise, or currently studying there?

Thanks everyone.
Present!!!.
Pm. Cheer!

Present!!! PM . Cheer!
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by Nobody: 8:32pm On Jan 18, 2015
tnuola:
Hello,
Would it look or seem funny if my brother decides to employ me, so I'll get employment letter , study leave letter and payslips from him.
Starting from now, I'll ask him to deposit certain amount of money in my account, every month as the salary so I can submit an Soa. ( trying to tackle personal assets, current employment situation, limited prospects and length of proposed stay)

OR

Do I get all these from the company where I work as a trainee , i.e employment letter, study leave letter and payslips but No Soa ? I can submit payslips without SOA right?

Note: I might not reapply anytime soon, so I want to take my time to do it well and get it right?

tnuola, i understand u studied mass communication nd u applied for pgd human resource management. do yu av any idea if d vo faulted anythin between the relationship between the two courses or ur sop covered it.

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by yyzz: 8:37pm On Jan 18, 2015
H guys, pls how long would wait to collect your documents after submission through paper route?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by Bamz(m): 8:37pm On Jan 18, 2015
Siga:

Siga,

Always spot on sir. Big ups!
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by Opesyy(m): 8:42pm On Jan 18, 2015
@funmi14 hi,are you presently in Dalhousie uni or applicant?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by emperoracro(m): 9:02pm On Jan 18, 2015
darisgod:
Pls o I was arguing wit my "too know" sister she said dirz Canada visa lottery pls hw true is diz
Nothing like canadian visa lottery
Nice Moniker u've got dia

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by funmi14: 9:16pm On Jan 18, 2015
Opesyy:
@funmi14 hi,are you presently in Dalhousie uni or applicant?
Applicant!!!!!! Oooooo( deferred admission til Fall 2015)

Plz House, I want to start packaging my documents to re-fire cic application,

is Msc Health Administration.. MHA ... Goes with my Bsc nursing or am too deviating already ( per VO psycho reason).

Secondly, I used sponsor ( my brother in US) in my previous app. But it's later he told me he withdrew d large portion of d money inside his account for business stuff while my app was under VO custody.

I need advice: Can i change sponsor this time around? Is US based sponsor a red flag before VO.
Kindly reply sir/ ma...because...

All what VO ticked for the then, refusal were based on.. Financial insufficient!!!
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by mrnilobrawn: 9:18pm On Jan 18, 2015
darisgod:
Yes diariz oo..venue at Ojuelegba under bridge....straight way to Citizenship...
But dont try it... grin

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by IyaEjima(f): 9:56pm On Jan 18, 2015
funmi14:

Please I would appreciate if you can throw more light to that..8months course.. Which school offers that?
I would appreciate more options for someone with Bsc. Nursing to enter Canada... House.
Thanks.

1. Go for a PGcert in Gerontology/Chronic illness, Critical care Nursing, or its likes, depending on ur area of interest; Duration: 8months, grants u clinical placement in canadian hospitals and d curriculum includes preparation for NCLEX-RN, if u r sharp and fast, get licensed before applying for PGWP / before it expires and then get a full time job & try applying for PR tru one f d many options;

2. Go for MScN or MN, bend down read hard, get licensed too during d two years of study, graduate top of ur class, get a good job durin ur 3yrs PGWP and try PR;

3. Switch to another line like Occ health, Nutrition, MPH, and try getting jobs outside d hospital/home care setting, keep trying to get licensed, and switch back to nursing...

The ball is in ur court... I'm sure Midee and oda nurses will come share their views too.

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by funmi14: 10:29pm On Jan 18, 2015
Hi,
Thanks for the info. Am so grateful.
Am into one option already now ( msc) God willing this fall.
But need the info for my partner ( not ready for either IELTS or GRE) which I did to get this MHA admission.
Thanks

IyaEjima:

1. Go for a PGcert in Gerontology/Chronic illness, Critical care Nursing, or its likes, depending on ur area of interest; Duration: 8months, grants u clinical placement in canadian hospitals and d curriculum includes preparation for NCLEX-RN, if u r sharp and fast, get licensed before applying for PGWP / before it expires and then get a full time job & try applying for PR tru one f d many options;

2. Go for MScN or MN, bend down read hard, get licensed too during d two years of study, graduate top of ur class, get a good job durin ur 3yrs PGWP and try PR;

3. Switch to another line like Occ health, Nutrition, MPH, and try getting jobs outside d hospital/home care setting, keep trying to get licensed, and switch back to nursing...

The ball is in ur court... I'm sure Midee and oda nurses will come share their views too.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by IyaEjima(f): 10:39pm On Jan 18, 2015
funmi14:
Hi,
Thanks for the info. Am so grateful.
Am into one option already now ( msc) God willing this fall.
But need the info for my partner ( not ready for either IELTS or GRE) which I did to get this MHA admission.
Thanks

She'll still write the IELTS, unless she wouldn't wanna practice as a nurse.. All regulatory nursing bodies in canny require IELTS (academic module) for registration.

Hope she's got like 5-10 years of experience.. MHA is for nurse managers, directors and mid-career professionals.. Has lil or no clinical exposure that's why it's mostly done online.. Wish her d very best.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by IyaEjima(f): 10:40pm On Jan 18, 2015
Double post
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by Tgud3: 11:09pm On Jan 18, 2015
Hello peeps, pls my school in naija just sent my transcripts to my uni in canada but I wanna know if the documents I will be sending to the school myself will be photocopies of all my credentials or I have to send the originals credentials thanks ...
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by canada1234: 11:44pm On Jan 18, 2015
Am heading to u.b.c. vancouver,how about u?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by canada1234: 11:46pm On Jan 18, 2015
Padike:

Yes o my brother, we thank God..did medicals yesterday sef...what school are you heading ?
Am heading to u.b.c vancouvver,how about u?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by Nobody: 11:57pm On Jan 18, 2015
IyaEjima:
Double post
Thanks alot. you've thrown more light into this issue. Now I understand

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by Bamz(m): 11:59pm On Jan 18, 2015
Tgud3:
Hello peeps, pls my school in naija just sent my transcripts to my uni in canada but I wanna know if the documents I will be sending to the school myself will be photocopies of all my credentials or I have to send the originals credentials thanks ...

I think colored photocopies of your supporting docs will suffice. I stand to be corrected.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by myownlife(m): 3:04am On Jan 19, 2015
canada1234:

Am heading to u.b.c vancouvver,how about u?
Congrats! @Padike and @ canada1234.
Best of luck

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by ekpblues8: 3:34am On Jan 19, 2015
@SIGA: thanks for ur response. i studied Business Administration(BSc). have over 6 yrs working experience in Marketing in an insurance firm.
i hope i'm good to go as regards my work and my choice of course: Global Business Mgt!.
pls i need ur response.
thanks in anticipation.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by edwinbiz(m): 4:25am On Jan 19, 2015
Tianadiva how are you fairing der, how do you see the system.

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by Nobody: 4:32am On Jan 19, 2015
in one word everything is GREAT
edwinbiz:
Tianadiva how are you fairing der, how do you see the system.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by Nobody: 4:41am On Jan 19, 2015
it's a new week peeps, gud news bad news in all tnk God cos u still hv life nd I hear nd knw say when there is life hope plenty full everywhere nd the truth is that once u finally arrive u will forget that u were ever delayed nd face the new challenges in front of u(study hard,blend with the weather) if we all here can scale tru nd land here then u CAN,@tnuola congrats dear,nothing gud comes easy,hpe to see u soon,Kay,nd others

for those coming to Winnipeg come prepared,it's beautiful nd blessed with snow smiley luv ya'll

2 Likes

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by pampem: 5:49am On Jan 19, 2015
tianadiva:
it's a new week peeps, gud news bad news in all tnk God cos u still hv life nd I hear nd knw say when there is life hope plenty full everywhere nd the truth is that once u finally arrive u will forget that u were ever delayed nd face the new challenges in front of u(study hard,blend with the weather) if we all here can scale tru nd land here then u CAN,@tnuola congrats dear,nothing gud comes easy,hpe to see u soon,Kay,nd others

for those coming to Winnipeg come prepared,it's beautiful nd blessed with snow smiley luv ya'll
Tina Tina! I see you. Amen. God 'l perfect for us all. Be good dear
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by Teeboy22(m): 6:37am On Jan 19, 2015
darisgod:
it'z kinda a scam..buh u will purchase dia form like 3k...nd u will be asked to pay 500k after...so dnt try it....u might get duped.

(1) (2) (3) ... (122) (123) (124) (125) (126) (127) (128) ... (502)

Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 / USA Visit Visa Part 3 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.