Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,160,423 members, 7,843,298 topics. Date: Tuesday, 28 May 2024 at 10:10 PM

Travelling To Canada Part 7 - Travel (163) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Travelling To Canada Part 7 (1159908 Views)

Travelling To Canada Part 9 / Travelling To Canada Part 8 / Travelling To Canada Part 6 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (160) (161) (162) (163) (164) (165) (166) ... (502) (Go Down)

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by Nobody: 11:37pm On Feb 09, 2015
JohnCushion:
Hi guys sorry this is coming late, my 1st post. I do more of reading but I think I have to contribute my own N1.50k
Centennial College - Advance Diploma Winter 2015
Visa Application - 10th Nov 2014
Biometrics - 10th Nov 2014
Medical Request - 14th Jan 2015
Medical Updated - 20th Jan 2015

I pray that everybody hoping will smile at last IJN. For my delayed brethren God's time is the best because we know we will definitely get it and for my Gala hopefuls check ur CIC account status gala updated @Fhemmmy
*Please where is ChriGo & @misbon , @Amefrica etc? their generation was the bestest learnt a lot from u guys God keep blessing you, all of una go chop TRV and run abi thriz God oo*

Boss, congratulations oo. cheesy We still dey here, na studies dey engage us oo. We wish to dey chip in every now and then but omoh na make God make am easy for us nii oo..

Abeg, remember bring me garri if you don dey come. cheesy Congrats once again!
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by BizBloke(m): 1:19am On Feb 10, 2015
Bellniki1:
Hello, letter of introduction is a letter from your office or sponor introducing you formally to the VO

It should be on a letter headed paper if the office is writing addressed to the VO

I hereby wish to introduce ..... He has been our staff for this (period) he wishes to travel to canada for studies. He will be on study leave with pay. He is an asset to us...
Kindly accord all necessary assistance. Feel free to contact us for any further enquiry

*it's just a guide, others will drop their idea

Hi,

How do you deal with this if you own the company - you do yourself a Letter of Intro?
Cc: Fhemmmy
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by olaban: 1:41am On Feb 10, 2015
Hello nairalanders, i need SOP on Business Adminstration. I will so much appreciate
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by Fhemmmy: 3:09am On Feb 10, 2015
JohnCushion:
For my delayed brethren God's time is the best because we know we will definitely get it and for my Gala hopefuls check ur CIC account status gala updated @Fhemmmy

Congrats, I will believe when I see the gala oh.... but welcome to Canada

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by Fhemmmy: 3:10am On Feb 10, 2015
BizBloke:

Hi,

How do you deal with this if you own the company - you do yourself a Letter of Intro?
Cc: Fhemmmy

Being your coy.... write a letter, sign and do you have board members?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by toluhere(m): 5:30am On Feb 10, 2015
please who knows a school that accepts 2:2 for engineering MS?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by Finestlex(m): 5:31am On Feb 10, 2015
Whats popping @izuafa1 and vicarsenal..
johncushion, congrats on your TRV..
i'm a little bit tied up with assignments but i'll always try my best here

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by Finestlex(m): 5:54am On Feb 10, 2015
SOP is statement of purpose, its not departmental.. you just have to write a summary letter of one page about you and your activities since you left secondary skl. brief explanation of when you gained admission in uni, the course you read, when you graduated, nysc start and finish yr, what motivated you to further your education and why you chose Canada. if your proposed course of study is another field from what you read, explain what gingered you to this new field, also include that after your studies in Canny, you'll be back going back to naija. mine started with eg People travel abroad because of various reasons. Some for business, to expand their horizons, learn new culture, make new friends and some go to further their education. i happen to fall into the categories of people going to further education. " After my west africa senior skl cert exam "wassce" where i made one of the best results in "YEAR" i proceeded to imo state uni in 2000 to " my course" i graduated in YEAR. started working till YEAR before i proceeded for NYSC in YEAR, and finished in YEAR, having gone through the preliminary stages of higher education, i found it worthwhile to further my education to a higher level, this move will afford me the opportunity to gain an intl knowledge, learn from great scholars and students, learn new cultures and way of life, and be more educationally grounded in order to face real-life situations. i chose this course because "give your reasons" ................................................................................ plus more finishing touches like the little things that are yet to be in Naija. then polish and praise Canada as one of the best countries in the world, you fit add say your friend is currently taking his msc in the course wey you wan do for so so uni, and he told you there's enough knowledge to gain even outside classroom. then you can end it by, i'll affect the lives of Nigerians positively when am back by introducing one or two things wey you learn from the education you acquired in Canada. i'll be grateful if am given the opportunity to take this great step in my life. Very best
olaban:
Hello nairalanders, i need SOP on Business Adminstration. I will so much appreciate

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by BizBloke(m): 7:12am On Feb 10, 2015
Fhemmmy:

Being your coy.... write a letter, sign and do you have board members?

Thanks.

Yes, 3 board members - excluding myself.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by Uchetorial: 7:20am On Feb 10, 2015
hayqinsbFX:
hello house, im asked to submit a notarized cpy of my transcripts.
ill like to knwo what that means.
must it be a court. or any body can sign to testify

It simply assures the VO that the document is authentic and can be trusted.Look for a lawyer that is notary public,depending on your bargaining power and volume of documents you want to notarize, it shouldn't cost you more than 500H per copy.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by yyzz: 8:01am On Feb 10, 2015
Hi guys, pls do you need a transit visa if you're flight would stop over at US
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by standupguy(m): 8:03am On Feb 10, 2015
@ Finestlex did you put you personal finance while applying.
Like landed property, bank account or stock.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by akanni(m): 8:13am On Feb 10, 2015
yyzz:

check the flight you intend to take,it will be stated on the website for those passing through US if they will need visa or not.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by akanni(m): 8:17am On Feb 10, 2015
steinmajor:
Guys I need your help and advice please. I want to apply to two different Canadian colleges-SAIT and OLDS. Among the requirements is the scan of high school transcripts and this is a big issue for me. My friend who has been admitted into another Canadian college(humber) said my University transcript will cover that of the high school. In essence he is saying I dont need the secondary school transcripts. Do I really need it or not? Please help.

if it's for Olds, they don't require your transcripts, however, whatever certificate you want to present, it must be verified by WES or any of the educational assessment bodies in Canada because they do not have an int'l admissions department that verifies authenticity of transcripts or degrees.

cheers

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by yyzz: 8:33am On Feb 10, 2015
akanni:

check the flight you intend to take,it will be stated on the website for those passing through US if they will need visa or not.
Thanks for the infosmiley
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by Nobody: 9:04am On Feb 10, 2015
yyzz:
Yes... You will need a transit visa no matter the airline. All passengers must go through immigration in US wether it's transit or not. That's their rule. So far it's your point of entry, you must go through the immigration first before continuing your journey. And without a visa, you will be sent back to Nigeria without any delay.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by monisola001: 10:16am On Feb 10, 2015
hi all
please i am looking for a college in B.C, pls can anyone one recommend one, also i am looking at jan 2016 when is the best time to apply.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by yyzz: 10:34am On Feb 10, 2015
[quote author=Bobola86 post=30591640]
Yes... You will need a transit visa no matter the airline. All passengers must go through immigration in US wether it's transit or not. That's their rule. So far it's your point of entry, you must go through the immigration first before continuing your journey. And without a visa, you will be sent back to Nigeria without any delay. [/quote
what about other routes
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by toluhere(m): 10:35am On Feb 10, 2015
guys, who knows a school that accepts LOWER SECOND CLASS for masters?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by yyzz: 10:36am On Feb 10, 2015
Bobola86:

Yes... You will need a transit visa no matter the airline. All passengers must go through immigration in US wether it's transit or not. That's their rule. So far it's your point of entry, you must go through the immigration first before continuing your journey. And without a visa, you will be sent back to Nigeria without any delay.
Wow, what about other routes
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by Nobody: 10:48am On Feb 10, 2015
yyzz:

Wow, what about other routes
I don't know about other routes. But definitely most countries will let you go straight to your next boarding gate without passing through immigration but US. I believe experienced peeps that are already in Canada can answer that for you.

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by JohnCushion(m): 10:51am On Feb 10, 2015
CruzAj:
did you include your transcript? and was it paper route?
I didn't include my transcript, the NYSC cert covered that. Online

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by yyzz: 10:53am On Feb 10, 2015
Bobola86:

I don't know about other routes. But definitely most countries will let you go straight to your next boarding gate without passing through immigration but US. I believe experienced peeps that are already in Canada can answer that for you.
Oh ok, thanks a lot
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by obig: 10:55am On Feb 10, 2015
@PAMPEN.
Pls how long does it take for you Trv to come out?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by JohnCushion(m): 10:59am On Feb 10, 2015
Amefrica:

Boss, congratulations oo. cheesy We still dey here, na studies dey engage us oo. We wish to dey chip in every now and then but omoh na make God make am easy for us nii oo..

Abeg, remember bring me garri if you don dey come. cheesy Congrats once again!
Yes boss no worry Ijebu Garri is coming.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by obig: 11:10am On Feb 10, 2015
@ JohnCushion
I also got an admission in to Centennial College for business administration and human resources management
I just submited my application to VFS on the 6th of feb and we are to resume by 4th of may.
Please i will like to share ur experience in getting your TRV and how long does it take to be issued?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by lilspiceyy(f): 12:14pm On Feb 10, 2015
Gd afternoon house, I understand sponsor's SOA should be a six months SOA what abt personal SOA? Is it four months?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by Chars1289: 12:31pm On Feb 10, 2015
Uchetorial:

A friend of mine just applied and the $200 application fee was waived for one time application. Thanks for the info.At least ,=N=40,000 still be better money.....lol
pls whc date exactly did ur friend apply?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by Fhemmmy: 12:35pm On Feb 10, 2015
lilspiceyy:
Gd afternoon house, I understand sponsor's SOA should be a six months SOA what abt personal SOA? Is it four months?

SOA is not 6 months but at least last 6 months and your personal account, I will advice even a year if you have awesome record of transaction with the bank, but if last 4 months is what is good, then tender that..... at the end of the day, what is of importance is record and wanna be sure you or the sponsor is are not trying to play smart by funding the account for the purpose of your visa...... and if yiu doing such, do it with caution and smartness.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by Chars1289: 12:37pm On Feb 10, 2015
soji0509:

1. You can apply FOC .
Yes, Free-of- Charge. It only has to be within a small window knowN to only we the privileged ones !! #kidding.
I got this reply from a SAIT officer (name withheld) when I inquired on the exact date for this year :

"It depends on when you want to start. We actually have two open houses a year, so you could apply during our Winter Open House (Feb. 6-7, 2015), but that would be for programs that start in Fall 2015. After that there will be an open house in October for programs that start in Fall 2016.

Thanks, "

2. Like and follow their page on Facebook : https://www.facebook.com/SAITPolytechnic
and send your inquiries inbox. The promptness of response will amaze you.

Don't Thank me now, but after trying the suggestions above.
You may PM me so that we may do some handshake if u consider it necessary.
Best wishes
Really..ooopsss!!
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by Fhemmmy: 12:37pm On Feb 10, 2015
obig:
@ JohnCushion
I also got an admission in to Centennial College for business administration and human resources management
I just submited my application to VFS on the 6th of feb and we are to resume by 4th of may.
Please i will like to share ur experience in getting your TRV and how long does it take to be issued?

Between February and April, that is a tight one... but pray like u never did before, you might need it, cos that is less than 3 months period that you giving them to process and approve
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by Fhemmmy: 12:41pm On Feb 10, 2015
BizBloke:

Thanks.

Yes, 3 board members - excluding myself.

Then, have the letter written and signed by the board members, being your coy, it could be a great tie to Nigeria, what do u plan to study and how many years program?

(1) (2) (3) ... (160) (161) (162) (163) (164) (165) (166) ... (502)

Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 / USA Visit Visa Part 3 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.