Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,297 members, 7,836,300 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 03:54 AM

Travelling To Canada Part 7 - Travel (194) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Travelling To Canada Part 7 (1157039 Views)

Travelling To Canada Part 9 / Travelling To Canada Part 8 / Travelling To Canada Part 6 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (191) (192) (193) (194) (195) (196) (197) ... (502) (Go Down)

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by pampem: 6:52pm On Feb 20, 2015
bukinoversace:

Update on my application which I entered on the 15th
January. About 5 weeks I got info that passport has been dispatched. Quite disappointed. Cos I could not imagine reason for a denial. Av not seen the response anyway am expecting it to be sent next week.
I had an unused 2years visiting visa to canada. I decided to change status because it's not wise just going to canada without utilising their education system. I have a job here, my salary acct was well funded. What else could I have done.
Property document included. Total worth 37m.
I work with a financial institution and I am aware they didn't call for any verification. Of I wanted to run away would have done so with my visiting visa since last year.
They gave me 2 yrs visiting with my kids last november and I did medical as well
So why on earth the refusal. If indeed it is cos am awaiting the passport.
Going forward. I intend to travel with the visiting next week with my kids. But don't know how I can apply from Los Angeles office since that's an option and I will be going to us as well.
I don't wanna apply from nigeria again.anyone with good help. Please reply and help a sister...
Bukola..

[quote author=bukinoversace post=30858869]Hello people.
O quite appreciate your valued information so far. This is my first post here.
I already had a 2 years visiting and running us and canadian visa. I currently put on for student visa with all neccessary info on January 19th 2015. I work in a financial mortgage bank so I used my access accoint and salary account here but up till now I have not heard any info from the embassy on the success of my application
Am scared kind of because the money I put in the access account was moved same day of my application but my salary account is well funded up to 11m.

Does the embassy verify salary account ? If yes at what week. Am already on the 5th week of application.

So so scared.... but am hopeful with God.
Thank youBukola
@bukola
Whateva the decision is! Don't give up! I read your post yday and was kinda worried why you didn't utilize the visiting visa @ all. I work in a financial institution too. Had a busy day yday was so tired I couldn't commend on your post. Intend applying for visiting with my family but the tot of having a valid visiting visa and then applying for a student visa later in the year doesn't look too good to me so I decided to hold on.
We really don't know how this Guys think. But I would advise you use the visiting visa @ least for a trip with your family then come back and apply again for student visa.
My thought! It'l end in praise.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by sam2009: 6:54pm On Feb 20, 2015
Pls house, i need a copy of SOP. kindly send it to my email - akinsam80@yahoo.co.uk.
Thanks.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by tariy: 6:56pm On Feb 20, 2015
IyaEjima:
God has shown me his fathfulness oooo!!! join me in thanking God everyone:
Upfront medicals:29th January, 2015
Applied: Feb 12th 2015 (Online)
Biometrcs: Feb 13th 2015

Almost cried this morning when @cruzAj said he didn't fill country of birth on d family info form as I discovered I didn't fill mine too. Just entered prayer since den and 15mins ago, I got a mail from cic for original passport request.
I'll post details soon, cant stop praising God.
Iyaejima ooooo pls respond urgent your mail

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by akanni(m): 6:58pm On Feb 20, 2015
audreypatrick20:
Good Day Nairalanders...please i need clarification on my visa application documents to canada;
Include your leave letter from your office, office can also give you a covering letter for the tax certificate, i worked in a bank too and that was what my office gave me with the letter of introduction to the canadian embassy.
also, let your host send you an invitation letter/mail, and if you can show evidence of the relationship, the better e.g biodata page showing same surname of mum or dad,etc.Since she will be accommodating you, statement of account of your host will be key too, showing that she can host you.
all the best!
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by akanni(m): 7:03pm On Feb 20, 2015
Congratulobia to the latest TRV choppers-iyaejima, misszionboo,et al,please remember me when you start chopping that nursing pay,lol.
@fhemmy and Siga-Landlords of NL, i hail una, sorry about the winter ish, we actually discussed with the Man upstairs and shifted the harshness to una side, enjoy am jare, Alberta na the place to be jor, wonderful weather here, the past 3 days be like summer,lol.

2 Likes

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by pampem: 7:06pm On Feb 20, 2015
akanni:

Include your leave letter from your office, office can also give you a covering letter for the tax certificate, i worked in a bank too and that was what my office gave me with the letter of introduction to the canadian embassy.
also, let your host send you an invitation letter/mail, and if you can show evidence of the relationship, the better e.g biodata page showing same surname of mum or dad,etc.Since she will be accommodating you, statement of account of your host will be key too, showing that she can host you.
all the best!
@ akanni, nice one. A quick one please. What if you don't wanna let them know @ work place you planned leaving for school, is the study leave really compulsory for one's application? Sure other docs can fit in? For visiting I know leave letter is Kul.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by checkyink(m): 7:10pm On Feb 20, 2015
I'm not in Saskatchewan yet bro. Just been called for medicals.

checkyink:
I was referring to the MSc/PHD route for saskatch PNP prog. There are other routes for sure.

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by IyaEjima(f): 7:11pm On Feb 20, 2015
tariy:

Iyaejima ooooo pls respond urgent your mail
Replied
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by MrArams: 7:17pm On Feb 20, 2015
Felt I should say hi to every member of the house and the bosses that keep it fully functional. Congrats to all the recent TRV holders, Canada can't wait to have you. It's been a blessed 2 months in the land of Oil and Cold.

Stay blessed!

5 Likes

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by IyaEjima(f): 7:25pm On Feb 20, 2015
midee:
ma sis we are going on the same flight by God' grace .....
Most Def! It will end in praise dear. Keep trusting!
@Akanni, Pampem, tariy& Snappyfingaz, mucho Gratias!
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by Nobody: 7:29pm On Feb 20, 2015
hayqinsbFX:
ok... did you use any co-sponsor......and how many years of study are you goin for
yh, the co- sponsor had 2m+ bt with good cash inflow and outflow, 1years
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by yyzz: 7:30pm On Feb 20, 2015
checkyink:
In saskatchewan, once you get an MSc or PhD degree and work for six months, you can apply for their provincial nominee program. Same for Manitoba. They have the best PR programs in Canada. Don't know of others. Cheers.

Oh, thanks, what if it's a B. Sc
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by tariy: 7:51pm On Feb 20, 2015
IyaEjima:

Most Def! It will end in praise dear. Keep trusting!
@Akanni, Pampem, tariy& Snappyfingaz, mucho Gratias!
Babe check your mail oooo
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by akanni(m): 8:04pm On Feb 20, 2015
pampem:

@ akanni, nice one. A quick one please. What if you don't wanna let them know @ work place you planned leaving for school, is the study leave really compulsory for one's application? Sure other docs can fit in? For visiting I know leave letter is Kul.

Lol,well, it's your call, just add prayer join for favor if you don't include.
However, at least your organization should be able to give you a letter of introduction stating that you are going to be on leave so they should offer you their usual assistance.If like you said you have other documents, then i guess you could decide not to include the study leave letter.
You have your employment letter, salary acct statement,work id, etc,that can suffice i think.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by emperoracro(m): 8:07pm On Feb 20, 2015
Asumns:

Pls, I don't mind if u can forward those SOPs to me too. Thanks, God bless
mail; ayoomo780@yahoo.com
sent
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by realone01(m): 8:09pm On Feb 20, 2015
I made the same mistake when i applied den but I thank God i'm in canada today. Just believe n b positive
CruzAj:
please house i submitted my application
yesterday(paper route) and later found out from
my laptop i made a silly mistake.I did not include
my mother and father`s country of birth. Can i
still correct this mistake, print out, sign,scan
and send to CIC accra ghana email
( accra.immigration@international.gc.ca) where
it will be processed with my tracking number and
other details? The people that i submitted to
gave me the email address incase i want to send
any additional documents. Will i be comsidered if
i should send another family information
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by BizBloke(m): 8:19pm On Feb 20, 2015
Siga:
.... Hey y'all... hope y'all cool ... been busy ... Stay blessed y'all... Miss all y'all...lol... Stay cool, classy and sexy my peeps...

Welcome back. You just dey scarce.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by tonero230(m): 8:57pm On Feb 20, 2015
[quote author=checkyink post=30856333]Minimum of 4 months statement of acct. Your uncle can sponsor but also add your own acct statement and job details to serve as evidence of home-ties. Cheers.

Xup bro!plz can you break it down how to start application of this canadian visit visa.Is it that u get ur documents ready and pay interview fee and then book AP just like US format?
For visiting,am i submitting at their embassy or one on one interview with the VO?
If they call me for medical,does it mean my visa has been granted?And d fee for the medical,is it different from the appointment me?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by tariy: 9:04pm On Feb 20, 2015
[quote author=tonero230 post=30925774][/quote]
Wots up no medical for visiting visa nor one on one interview and you just gather your documents and submit at VFS lekki with a total fee of 29,100Naira
check the thread for https://www.nairaland.com/2103860/canada-visit-tourist-visa-discussion
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by tonero230(m): 9:20pm On Feb 20, 2015
tariy:

Wots up no medical for visiting visa nor one on one interview and you just gather your documents and submit at VFS lekki with a total fee of 29,100Naira
check the thread for https://www.nairaland.com/2103860/canada-visit-tourist-visa-discussion

Oh tnx
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by Emiratekey(m): 9:27pm On Feb 20, 2015
House....... I have applied for USA visa twice last year's which I was refused............. is it possible for me to apply for canada visa as a student?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by audreypatrick20: 9:40pm On Feb 20, 2015
akanni:

all the best!

thanks so much for the info, God bless you....however, concerning the biodata, both of us are married and now bare different surnames. would it be okay to make her mum n mine carry out an affidavit with their maiden names and declaration of relationship?? tongue dunno just asking...thanks ones again....
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by loriaidah(f): 10:07pm On Feb 20, 2015
IyaEjima:

Thanks dear, congrats to u too.. Yep, I'm a nurse, got a degree in nursing, registered as a Nurse/Midwife, course: PGD Clinical & Critical Care Nursing @ Conestoga
Iyaejima congrate we are right behind u.pls can u send a copy of ur sop to my mail loriaidah@yahoo.ca will really appreciate thanks

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by akanni(m): 10:32pm On Feb 20, 2015
audreypatrick20:

thanks so much for the info, God bless you....however, concerning the biodata, both of us are married and now bare different surnames. would it be okay to make her mum n mine carry out an affidavit with their maiden names and declaration of relationship?? tongue dunno just asking...thanks ones again....
i think that would work perfectly!
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by anthochie: 10:45pm On Feb 20, 2015
Hi..everyone...it's taken me almost four months to read the entire thread from part 1 to part 7...and I'm short of word...excellent job guys...pure brilliance. I'm Nigerian and I school in Ukraine...I'd like to pursue a masters degree in Canada....can I apply for a study permit here in Ukraine or I'd have to come home. I would prefer to apply from here if possible . Can one use up to three sponsors if they are willing to provide u with stipulated amounts....thanks guys for ur anticipated intelligent responses.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by akanni(m): 10:51pm On Feb 20, 2015
anthochie:
Hi..everyone...it's taken me almost four months to read the entire thread from part 1 to part 7...and I'm short of word...excellent job guys...pure brilliance. I'm Nigerian and I school in Ukraine...I'd like to pursue a masters degree in Canada....can I apply for a study permit here in Ukraine or I'd have to come home. I would prefer to apply from here if possible . Can one use up to three sponsors if they are willing to provide u with stipulated amounts....thanks guys for ur anticipated intelligent responses.
Application is done online and via paper,you have the Canadian office in Kyiev so you can proceed with your online application in Ukraine as long as you have a valid permit to live in Ukraine.Three Sponsors should be ok though i normally hear of 2 but i am not sure there is a limit to sponsors really.You can still google the cic.gc.ca site for more info.cheers
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by lilspiceyy(f): 10:54pm On Feb 20, 2015
IyaEjima:

Thanks dear, congrats to u too.. Yep, I'm a nurse, got a degree in nursing, registered as a Nurse/Midwife, course: PGD Clinical & Critical Care Nursing @ Conestoga
Congrats iyaejima I am for fall 2015 Conestoga college. Pls I wld like to know if u paid any fees as per tuition and and confirmation? And wat was the deadline u were given?

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by anthochie: 10:59pm On Feb 20, 2015
akanni:

Application is done online and via paper,you have the Canadian office in Kyiev so you can proceed with your online application in Ukraine as long as you have a valid permit to live in Ukraine.Three Sponsors should be ok though i normally hear of 2 but i am not sure there is a limit to sponsors really.You can still google the cic.gc.ca site for more info.cheers

Thanks my brother...Will I need to submit an explanation as to why I am not applying from my home country....
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by Omonjoe(m): 11:14pm On Feb 20, 2015
thanks....re u currently in dt school?
I will appreciate u suggest more if u can
berexio1:
Try University of Waterloo..They are pretty fast with admissions..They have Electrical and Computer Engr and also Electric Power..Do some research too
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by akanni(m): 11:20pm On Feb 20, 2015
anthochie:

Thanks my brother...Will I need to submit an explanation as to why I am not applying from my home country....

when you are applying online, there is a place where you will be asked if you are applying from your country, you select no, then later on, you will be asked to submit evidence that you are legally allowed to be in that location, something like that.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by loriaidah(f): 12:07am On Feb 21, 2015
()
loriaidah:
Iyaejima congrate we are right behind u.pls can u send a copy of ur sop to my mail loriaidah@yahoo.ca will really appreciate thanks
pls still waiting pls
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by audreypatrick20: 12:55am On Feb 21, 2015
Good Evening Mr. Akanni, thanks so much for answering my questions, i'll do just that. however, I am worried about canada processing time for Nigeria visitors' visa. you have to give them at least two months to process the application...i read your msg to a guy in Ukraine, you said he can carry out his application over there without coming to Nigeria. well, can i go to Accra, Ghana to submit my application, since it takes less than a month to process visitors' visa over there...[color=#000099][/color] lipsrsealed

(1) (2) (3) ... (191) (192) (193) (194) (195) (196) (197) ... (502)

Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 / USA Visit Visa Part 3 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 90
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.