Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,265 members, 7,818,906 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 07:49 AM

Travelling To Canada Part 7 - Travel (196) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Travelling To Canada Part 7 (1151743 Views)

Travelling To Canada Part 9 / Travelling To Canada Part 8 / Travelling To Canada Part 6 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (193) (194) (195) (196) (197) (198) (199) ... (502) (Go Down)

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by hayqinsbFX: 1:20pm On Feb 21, 2015
i beg to disagree. a friend of mine makes enough money for his fees. though he works for 6months as coop and parttime during 6months of 2 semesters
tnuola:

1. The admission is legit, Maple is Lambton's representative in Nigeria.

2. It is not possible to hustle in canada and survive as a student. When school is in session you can only work 20hours per week, and more when on holidays.
The money u make will be sufficient for your bills alone.

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by kciano: 1:37pm On Feb 21, 2015
hayqinsbFX:
i beg to disagree. a friend of mine makes enough money for his fees. though he works for 6months as coop and parttime during 6months of 2 semesters

pls bro am inspired.can u share more light on this ? Hw does ur friend do it so that people like me woukd be inspired and learn from it
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by anthochie: 1:38pm On Feb 21, 2015
Please Naija people....I submitted applications to MUN and UoRegina...Msc Comp Science...(co-op) route....I scored 8 band overall in ielts..I'll be graduating with a good result..current gpa 92 on a scale of 100. will I get any form of funding...is it only the thesis route that gets funding....I tried to contact supervisors in all schools I could find but no answer...
Another thing..how long does it take for the above named universities to make admission decisions...I applied since September 2014....and not much has changed on the online status.....I'm somewhat worried...
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by BaaleofMontreal: 1:40pm On Feb 21, 2015
hayqinsbFX:

Really? please state your friend's school fees per year? I still wonder how you will pay 15k$ + school fees with coop and part time money, when you still have living expenses to deal with

3 Likes

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by tnuola(f): 1:40pm On Feb 21, 2015
hayqinsbFX:

That is only possible because his course has coop, he can't work just 20hours and make his school fees.

Btw what kind of job did he do and how much is his school fees cuz I find this very diffficult to believe. Having in mind that he'll still pay his bills
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by anthochie: 1:45pm On Feb 21, 2015
kciano:

pls bro am inspired.can u share more light on this ? Hw does ur friend do it so that people like me woukd be inspired and learn from it
one thing iv learnt from life is ..where there is a will..there surely will be a way...another thing is to be realistic. It is possible to work and fund your fees if u r determined and hard working...the co-op route Will significantly aid u ..if u get a good firm to work with...summer time when u can work unlimited hours too....but then u must take into consideration how much your fees are....I have a friend in MUN who pays his bills himself...through co-op and summer jobs....but that's cos tution at MUN isn't so expensive.....
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by tnuola(f): 1:46pm On Feb 21, 2015
BaaleofMontreal:

Really? please state your friend's school fees per year? I still wonder how you will pay 15k$ + school fees with coop and part time money, when you still have living expenses to deal with

Lol what I just said
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by BaaleofMontreal: 1:48pm On Feb 21, 2015
tnuola:

Lol what I just said

smiley

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by hayqinsbFX: 1:54pm On Feb 21, 2015
if you have 3 semester in a year it will b difficult. but if you only have to do 2 semesters in a year you have more time for full time work. the type of work matters too..he has a 25dol per hour job when workin fulltime
kciano:

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by hayqinsbFX: 1:57pm On Feb 21, 2015
as a hustler leave bills and food. he squats with someone and shares the rents. sschool fees is around 13k. he has to pay twice ie per semester. which makes it 6.5k.
i dont think yure expectin to leave naija and go and start living like a king in canada.
he has an engineering job
tnuola:

That is only possible because his course has coop, he can't work just 20hours and make his school fees.

Btw what kind of job did he do and how much is his school fees cuz I find this very diffficult to believe. Having in mind that he'll still pay his bills

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by kciano: 2:14pm On Feb 21, 2015
anthochie:

one thing iv learnt from life is ..where there is a will..there surely will be a way...another thing is to be realistic. It is possible to work and fund your fees if u r determined and hard working...the co-op route Will significantly aid u ..if u get a good firm to work with...summer time when u can work unlimited hours too....but then u must take into consideration how much your fees are....I have a friend in MUN who pays his bills himself...through co-op and summer jobs....but that's cos tution at MUN isn't so expensive.....

the school fees is 15790dolls

I did chemical engineering in my bsc and am going for chemical production and power engineering technology in Lambton college. The course has a 6months coop but that's after 3 semesters
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by yyzz: 2:56pm On Feb 21, 2015
tnuola:

It depends on how expensive the school is, some schools are not that expensive.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by anthochie: 3:44pm On Feb 21, 2015
anthochie:
Please Naija people....I submitted applications to MUN and UoRegina...Msc Comp Science...(co-op) route....I scored 8 band overall in ielts..I'll be graduating with a good result..current gpa 92 on a scale of 100. will I get any form of funding...is it only the thesis route that gets funding....I tried to contact supervisors in all schools I could find but no answer...
Another thing..how long does it take for the above named universities to make admission decisions...I applied since September 2014....and not much has changed on the online status.....I'm somewhat worried...
brilliant peeps...please I'm still expecting answers....thanks...
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by Admyn: 4:09pm On Feb 21, 2015
Hi house pls my cousin jus got admission into University of Manitoba for postgraduate study and wants to apply for visa but has no job presently. How can the visa application be done with just the sponsors SOA and other docs but no employment docs for him. He resigned his job and has been doing some small business.Has anyone been in this situation. The sponsor is a parent, his concern is if the VO will have issues with the fact that he's nt working.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by fideok: 5:11pm On Feb 21, 2015
IyaEjima:
Thanks @Opsy, @Tnuola, @Hayqins, @fabuloustee.. God is too faithful to fail..
Wanna thank @Anugoson, my brother frm another mother, @Midee Omo Sch me & a real friend, @Pchax, ur sop helped me a great deal, @Mesh2003 & Onyeoma3, for ur assistance Wiv my SOP, @mrnilobrawn, my person, thanks.. And to everyone here, God bless u loads.. Do ur best and pray, the hearts of d VOs r in d hands of d lord and he turneth dem wherever he willeth (Proverbs 21:1)

Congrats. Pls what documents did u submit?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by pampem: 5:20pm On Feb 21, 2015
anthochie:
Hi,
Congrats @ your ietls, though MUN doesn't require that, a letter of proficiency in English will do. But you could use your result for other PR programs like the EE if you eligible

As per funding, both thesis and course based are eligible just that thesis based are more considered. 

Decision on admission for MUN masters are not made until a month or 6weeks after the programs deadline though some program differs so you need mail your program coordinator to find out ‎

You said you would be graduating with good grades! Great! Btw what first degree did you use to apply for PG @ MUN and Uregina! ‎
Don't know much about Uregina anyways! 
It'll end in praise bro!‎
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by realone01(m): 5:27pm On Feb 21, 2015
Seconded
tnuola:

2 Likes

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by tnuola(f): 5:32pm On Feb 21, 2015
kciano:

the school fees is 15790dolls

I did chemical engineering in my bsc and am going for chemical production and power engineering technology in Lambton college. The course has a 6months coop but that's after 3 semesters

I'll still advice u get your full tuiton for 2years before u leave Nigeria, don't go with the intention of studying and hustling, what if you don't get a good enough job? What if your work load in school doesn't even give u time to relax more less work,I believe a course like yours will be time consuming and demanding. So just prepare before u go to avoid "had I known" stories.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by loladeoye: 5:36pm On Feb 21, 2015
Admyn:
Hi house pls my cousin jus got admission into University of Manitoba for postgraduate study and wants to apply for visa but has no job presently. How can the visa application be done with just the sponsors SOA and other docs but no employment docs for him. He resigned his job and has been doing some small business.Has anyone been in this situation. The sponsor is a parent, his concern is if the VO will have issues with the fact that he's nt working.

when did he apply pls ? What course did he apply for ?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by anthochie: 5:49pm On Feb 21, 2015
pampem:

Hi,
Congrats @ your ietls, though MUN doesn't require that, a letter of proficiency in English will do. But you could use your result for other PR programs like the EE if you eligible

As per funding, both thesis and course based are eligible just that thesis based are more considered. 

Decision on admission for MUN masters are not made until a month or 6weeks after the programs deadline though some program differs so you need mail your program coordinator to find out ‎

You said you would be graduating with good grades! Great! Btw what first degree did you use to apply for PG @ MUN and Uregina! ‎
Don't know much about Uregina anyways! 
It'll end in praise bro!‎
Amen bro..thanks for ur reply...I'll be graduating in May this year....bsc computer science...I used a six semester official transcript from my current university...with a gpa of 92%..practically all A's.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by pampem: 6:00pm On Feb 21, 2015
anthochie:

Amen bro..thanks for ur reply...I'll be graduating in May this year....bsc computer science...I used a six semester official transcript from my current university...with a gpa of 92%..practically all A's.
Ohh they accepted that in place of your Bsc cert? That cool. What skul are you graduating from? Is it a naija school? Cos u using percentages! (CGPA)
Am a babe
all the best.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by anthochie: 6:10pm On Feb 21, 2015
pampem:

Ohh they accepted that in place of your Bsc cert? That cool. What skul are you graduating from? Is it a naija school? Cos u using percentages! (CGPA)
Am a babe
all the bxest.
ohh..my apologies ma'am...I attend Ternopil national economic university in Ukraine...
r u in MUN
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by bighead1(m): 6:18pm On Feb 21, 2015
mrnilobrawn:

If He is your only sponsor you should go with the bolded.

What if there is more than one sponsor? and the first one stated that he/she will be liable for your upkeep and there is a second sponsor who promises to add about 5000 CAD?

Thanks
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by bighead1(m): 6:19pm On Feb 21, 2015
tnuola:

No you can't.. Biometrics is basically thumb and finger prints , capture of your face and that's the point where you get your tracking number to track your application

What if the SOA was printed in January and used February??
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by misszionboo(f): 6:37pm On Feb 21, 2015
Where is @mrnilobrawn. He's been so quiet lately. Hope all is well boss.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by kciano: 6:41pm On Feb 21, 2015
tnuola:

I'll still advice u get your full tuiton for 2years before u leave Nigeria, don't go with the intention of studying and hustling, what if you don't get a good enough job? What if your work load in school doesn't even give u time to relax more less work,I believe a course like yours will be time consuming and demanding. So just prepare before u go to avoid "had I known" stories.

thanks for ur advise ma.i wil think of a way of making the money here

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by vicarsenal(m): 6:52pm On Feb 21, 2015
ada4all:

1. Hi vicarsenal, I got admission to Seneca college for September 2015. Is it compulsory I pay my tuition before I apply for visa? Will VAC officer frown at my visa app if I don't pay cos I actually don't want to pay my tuition until I get the visa.

2. I really would like to know if it's possible to raise money for Msc (1yr). I have enough money for my PG program, tuition, accom., and upkeep. The Msc program fee is 18,000+ CAD. Can I work while doing the PG program to raise such amount in 1yr?

So what do u think? undecided

Paying fees ain't compulsory, paying doesn't guarantee anything.

Don't know much about hustling in Canada. But one can work after the PGD nah after which you can proceed to Masters. I have same dreams too.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by misszionboo(f): 6:53pm On Feb 21, 2015
That's my personal Sop. It might be of help to some one. Clue frm pchax. Edited by my very own mr Anugoson.

STATEMENT OF PURPOSE FOR STUDY VISA FOR CANADA

My interest to pursue a postgraduate diploma in Critical Care Nursing
at Niagara College,Ontario,Canada is because it has been highly recommended
by more than one (1) Critical Care Registered Nurses (CCRN) i have worked
with,as a college that has noted reputation and professional staff.In
addition,the college provides real-world solutions through applied
research,knowledge transfer activities as well as up to date
technologies.The duration of the course is one (1) year,starting from
May,2015 to April, 2016.
      For me nursing was so much than simply a calling,as a girl growing
up, i looked after my mentally challenged brother.The care,love and
attention i gave him came from my heart and was a responsibility i took on
without hesitation.Though sadly he passed on,but my love of extending
compassionate to others continued till date.I have two (2) years
professional nursing experiences one (1) has been in Intensive Care Unit
(ICU) and i am a Registered Nurse (RN) and also a Registered Psychiatric
Nurse (RPN) licensed in Nigeria.I currently work with the Federal
Neuro-Psychiatric Hospital,Nigeria,where my job responsibilities
is to take care of patients  and administer medications. Developing myself
further through Postgraduate diploma program in Critical Care Nursing will
pave way to my goal of becoming a Critical Care Registered Nurse (CCRN), a
choice born of wanting a greater depth of knowledge and skills through
theory and supervised clinical
 practice using the nursing process,it will also help in stabilizing and
caring for the critically ill client.
     In the most practical terms, Nigeria is a developing country and still
facing shortage of CCRNs.I will be coming back to Nigeria after my studies
to improve the health care system of where i am currently working with the
knowledge gained,in order to serve our unique patients in a way that will
make them comfortable and valued.Above all,there is nothing better at the
end of the day,to see a patient get better due to my help/treatment,to my
mind they are my patients for a reason,for their tomorrow and mine.I have
attached relevant documents such as my Employment letter,Leave letter and
payslips to embark on this study from my work place.

Thanks for your time and consideration.

I NO GET METALLY CHALLENGED. BROTHER. NA MAKE STORY SWEET. CHEERS

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by izuafa1: 7:49pm On Feb 21, 2015
hello
please i need an urgent answer on this, am about to apply to seneca college for an advance diploma and i have my ND result with an upper credit and also my HND result with a lower credit, please should i use my ND result to apply and what are my chances of getting admission into advance diploma into civil engineering. Thanks
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by hayqinsbFX: 7:49pm On Feb 21, 2015
lmao
misszionboo:
That's my personal Sop. It might be of help to some one. Clue frm pchax. Edited by my very own mr Anugoson.

STATEMENT OF PURPOSE FOR STUDY VISA FOR CANADA

My interest to pursue a postgraduate diploma in Critical Care Nursing
at Niagara College,Ontario,Canada is because it has been highly recommended
by more than one (1) Critical Care Registered Nurses (CCRN) i have worked
with,as a college that has noted reputation and professional staff.In
addition,the college provides real-world solutions through applied
research,knowledge transfer activities as well as up to date
technologies.The duration of the course is one (1) year,starting from
May,2015 to April, 2016.
      For me nursing was so much than simply a calling,as a girl growing
up, i looked after my mentally challenged brother.The care,love and
attention i gave him came from my heart and was a responsibility i took on
without hesitation.Though sadly he passed on,but my love of extending
compassionate to others continued till date.I have two (2) years
professional nursing experiences one (1) has been in Intensive Care Unit
(ICU) and i am a Registered Nurse (RN) and also a Registered Psychiatric
Nurse (RPN) licensed in Nigeria.I currently work with the Federal
Neuro-Psychiatric Hospital,Nigeria,where my job responsibilities
is to take care of patients  and administer medications. Developing myself
further through Postgraduate diploma program in Critical Care Nursing will
pave way to my goal of becoming a Critical Care Registered Nurse (CCRN), a
choice born of wanting a greater depth of knowledge and skills through
theory and supervised clinical
 practice using the nursing process,it will also help in stabilizing and
caring for the critically ill client.
     In the most practical terms, Nigeria is a developing country and still
facing shortage of CCRNs.I will be coming back to Nigeria after my studies
to improve the health care system of where i am currently working with the
knowledge gained,in order to serve our unique patients in a way that will
make them comfortable and valued.Above all,there is nothing better at the
end of the day,to see a patient get better due to my help/treatment,to my
mind they are my patients for a reason,for their tomorrow and mine.I have
attached relevant documents such as my Employment letter,Leave letter and
payslips to embark on this study from my work place.

Thanks for your time and consideration.

I NO GET METALLY CHALLENGED. BROTHER. NA MAKE STORY SWEET. CHEERS
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by hayqinsbFX: 7:52pm On Feb 21, 2015
my guy....submit errtin ....ur almost certain t get admission.
izuafa1:
hello
please i need an urgent answer on this, am about to apply to seneca college for an advance diploma and i have my ND result with an upper credit and also my HND result with a lower credit, please should i use my ND result to apply and what are my chances of getting admission into advance diploma into civil engineering. Thanks
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by tnuola(f): 7:53pm On Feb 21, 2015
hayqinsbFX:
as a hustler leave bills and food. he squats with someone and shares the rents. sschool fees is around 13k. he has to pay twice ie per semester. which makes it 6.5k.
i dont think yure expectin to leave naija and go and start living like a king in canada.
he has an engineering job

One thing you should have in mind is that people will never really tell every detail. The fact that it worked for him dsnt mean that it will work for another persn.. In as much as you're not going there to live like a king, you definitely shouldn't go with the mindset of hustling, and then over work yourself, because if one is not careful the academics will suffer greatly.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (193) (194) (195) (196) (197) (198) (199) ... (502)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 / USA Visit Visa Part 3

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 74
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.