Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,055 members, 7,818,163 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 09:16 AM

Travelling To Canada Part 7 - Travel (22) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Travelling To Canada Part 7 (1151373 Views)

Travelling To Canada Part 9 / Travelling To Canada Part 8 / Travelling To Canada Part 6 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (19) (20) (21) (22) (23) (24) (25) ... (502) (Go Down)

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by Siga: 7:42pm On Dec 12, 2014
checkyink:
Oga siga and the rest of the house, pls can spouses with open work permit switch to study permits in Canada ?
... What are the conditions written on the Work permit.... If the program she plans to go for does not require a study permit she may go for it... However... I will advise u call CIC to be very sure...
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by Anugoson(m): 8:25pm On Dec 12, 2014
Oga Ebola abeg never run comot yet...please can u list for us the documents u submitted,the date u submitted ur application and biometrics too,so we can learn...Thanks

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by Holu26: 8:38pm On Dec 12, 2014
Ebola:
Dear nairalanders...I just got called to submit my passport. Am so thankful to God. First thing I did was resign...God that felt sooooooo good.
I did medical on 6th Dec, passed on 11th Dec and got called today. Am so grateful to God and all the good people in the house. To all those still expecting, just hang in there a lil bit more. Cheers.

Congratulations
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by jascymone(m): 8:49pm On Dec 12, 2014
@ siga pls i sent u a mail bro
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by Siga: 8:55pm On Dec 12, 2014
jascymone:
@ siga pls i sent u a mail bro
...Replied..

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by Ebola(f): 9:21pm On Dec 12, 2014
Anugoson:
Oga Ebola abeg never run comot yet...please can u list for us the documents u submitted,the date u submitted ur application and biometrics too,so we can learn...Thanks

Ok will try to remember.

Date applied (online) - October 16th
Biometrics - October 17th
Medical instruction - December 4th
Did Medical test - December 6th
Passed Medical - December 11th
Application approved - December 12th

Documents provided

Proof of Funds
- 3 month payslip
- Bank statement of N7m (but it was in my account for just a few days before I printed the statement). I however made sure to explain why the money was in my account for such a short time.
- Pension Statement

- 1 page Letter of Explanation mostly explaining my SOA
- Offer Letter
- Passport data page (I even forgot to scan my travel history)
- Standard CIC application forms.

I think these actually formed the bulk of what I submitted.

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by holyjacket: 9:38pm On Dec 12, 2014
Ebola:
Dear nairalanders...I just got called to submit my passport. Am so thankful to God. First thing I did was resign...God that felt sooooooo good.
I did medical on 6th Dec, passed on 11th Dec and got called today. Am so grateful to God and all the good people in the house. To all those still expecting, just hang in there a lil bit more. Cheers.
Congrats. Good news are flowing in. wow. Moreeeeeee medical call
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by justicia: 9:52pm On Dec 12, 2014
Siga:
..No...If for medical reasons they may accept...but 1yr can translate to 2yrs...
Thanks Oga Siga. E be like say na that route wey we discuss I go follow when I land God willing. If only I could find a LLM spanning 2 years. I knw PGDs are mostly for 2 years, buh there are PGDs in law. Anyways sha, God will see me thru. Thanks again!
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by justicia: 9:53pm On Dec 12, 2014
Siga:
..No...If for medical reasons they may accept...but 1yr can translate to 2yrs...
Thanks Oga Siga. E be like say na that route wey we discuss I go follow when I land God willing. If only I could find a LLM spanning 2 years. I knw PGDs are mostly for 2 years, buh there aren't PGDs in law. Anyways sha, God will see me thru. Thanks again!
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by Siga: 9:59pm On Dec 12, 2014
justicia:
Thanks Oga Siga. E be like say na that route wey we discuss I go follow when I land God willing. If only I could find a LLM spanning 2 years. I knw PGDs are mostly for 2 years, buh there are PGDs in law. Anyways sha, God will see me thru. Thanks again!
... Law and Medicine is one area I don't really get for Canada... its so controlled...
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by justicia: 10:00pm On Dec 12, 2014
MrArams:

Chaiii!!!! Nigerians lipsrsealed
Oga Arams no mind me o. As I said in my post, I was just thinking. God go do am for all of us, Amen.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by justicia: 10:04pm On Dec 12, 2014
demoah:

Yes it is possible to drag a 1 year program into 2 years but it wont be taken as a 2years course. Please dont be misinformed. How do you expect the school to tell immigration that you came in for a 1yr (2 semesters) and suddenly became 2yrs (4 semesters). I work in a college, I understand what you're talking about but it is not possible. You will waste your time for those 2years and you will be surprised that after you graduate,you will receive a letter from the school for immigration stating that you only studied for 1 year at the college.
Oga demoah, thanks a lot! I appreciate ur post, very insightful. If only I could find a LLM spanning 2 years. I knw PGDs are mostly for 2 years, buh there are PGDs in law. Anyways sha, God will see me thru. Thanks again!
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by misszionboo(f): 11:26pm On Dec 12, 2014
House please. Can a person going for a 1yr prog apply for a post study visa. Please ur quick response will be highly appreciated.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by misszionboo(f): 11:29pm On Dec 12, 2014
Ebola:

Ok will try to remember.

Date applied (online) - October 16th
Biometrics - October 17th
Medical instruction - December 4th
Did Medical test - December 6th
Passed Medical - December 11th
Application approved - December 12th

Documents provided

Proof of Funds
- 3 month payslip
- Bank statement of N7m (but it was in my account for just a few days before I printed the statement). I however made sure to explain why the money was in my account for such a short time.
- Pension Statement

- 1 page Letter of Explanation mostly explaining my SOA
- Offer Letter
- Passport data page (I even forgot to scan my travel history)
- Standard CIC application forms.

I think these actually formed the bulk of what I submitted.

. Congrat. I tap 4rm ur blessing. You didn't use any sponsor nd how long is the prog u re going for
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by Holu26: 11:30pm On Dec 12, 2014
My seniors in d huz, please how did you get your letter of introduction. I sent a mail to Accra about it yesterday and am yet to receive their feedback.

Or is letter of introduction no more necessary at POE?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by ScGuy(m): 11:38pm On Dec 12, 2014
sidnigga:

I sure gonna bring it all..lmao

Correct G
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by MrArams: 11:42pm On Dec 12, 2014
Holu26:
My seniors in d huz, please how did you get your letter of introduction. I sent a mail to Accra about it yesterday and am yet to receive their feedback.

For quick response accra.immigration@international.gc.ca

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by Holu26: 11:49pm On Dec 12, 2014
MrArams:

For quick response accra.immigration@international.gc.ca

Thanks my broz.

That was d same address I sent the mail to yesterday. Someone already in Canada told me it is no longer a requirement presenting LOI at POE again. How true is that?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by jakeharris(m): 12:20am On Dec 13, 2014
Please what are the documents i need to apply for a Canadian visa i don't wanna use any agent.... student visa i wanna lnow the steps please
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by myownlife(m): 1:39am On Dec 13, 2014
Ebola:
Congrats Ebola, you need not change your moniker jare. May you live long enough to enjoy the new life you have just begun.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by Ebola(f): 2:32am On Dec 13, 2014
myownlife:

Congrats Ebola, you need not change your moniker jare. May you live long enough to enjoy the new life you have just begun.
Amen. Thanks so much.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by gabialonso(m): 2:36am On Dec 13, 2014
@siga i sent u a pm, waiting ur reply pls
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by Ebola(f): 2:36am On Dec 13, 2014
misszionboo:
. Congrat. I tap 4rm ur blessing. You didn't use any sponsor nd how long is the prog u re going for
Yes I did not use any sponsors cos I did not want to complicate matters too much. Am going for a 2yrs masters in Computer science.

Lest I forget, cos I'll be studying in Montreal, I also had to get my CAQ for studies from the QUEBEC govt. That only cost about 103 CAD and took abt 5 business days though 20 days max was put on their site. They were pretty efficient.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by Ebola(f): 2:43am On Dec 13, 2014
misszionboo:

Yes I did not use any sponsors cos I did not want to complicate matters too much. Am going for a 2yrs masters in Computer science.

Lest I forget, cos I'll be studying in Montreal, I also had to get my CAQ for studies from the QUEBEC govt. That only cost about 103 CAD and took abt 5 business days though 20 days max was put on their site. They were pretty efficient.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by Ebola(f): 2:45am On Dec 13, 2014
Please can the house assist me in making a decision. At this point, I have 2 admission offers - one to UWindsor and the other to Concordia Univ...both to study Msc Comp Science. Which do I choose?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by Nobody: 3:03am On Dec 13, 2014
Am gud nd so was trip ma'm tnx,nt too strange tho except for the cold,i shldnt even start complaining becos i hvnt goten to winnipeg yet lol,nd u ma hw u doin
opsynusy:
tianadiva sup dear,how was ur trip..how is settling down like,hope not too strange?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by Nobody: 3:19am On Dec 13, 2014
Yeap dear it snowed yesterday,bt there was sun tday tho
kruxit:
Contents: Oga Fhemmy's Gala - varieties (d expiry dates are less dan 5days hope they get to u as soon as possible), Amefrica's Oroki, Oga Siga's Aboniki Balm.. I got multivite syrup for Mr Arams while in the office as the Forum secretary I guess the new secretary will take the multivite tab (Casovit), my gandma takes bitter kola for cold...I got myself some too to take care of the snow (Don't know if this would work), Healthy Bitters for Tolaengr (my fellow Fanshawe paddy)...waiting for u o..finally my Nikkon camera lens to capture clips on d way......We don dey hear reports say snow don dey fall for Toronto abeg Oga Sigaand anyone in Toronto wetin b d latest. take care guys see u after some hours.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by Holu26: 3:31am On Dec 13, 2014
Ebola:
Please can the house assist me in making a decision. At this point, I have 2 admission offers - one to UWindsor and the other to Concordia Univ...both to study Msc Comp Science. Which do I choose?

Which one did u use to apply for visa?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by Nobody: 3:37am On Dec 13, 2014
Dnt bother urself abt that,they wnt ask u for it,ur intl pp nd admission letter is wat they need dats wat i gave them on sunday wen i got here
Holu26:

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by Siga: 3:47am On Dec 13, 2014
gabialonso:
@siga i sent u a pm, waiting ur reply pls
... My Oga.. I already replied u since...check ur mail/ spam ..
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by Holu26: 4:28am On Dec 13, 2014
tianadiva:
Dnt bother urself abt that,they wnt ask u for it,ur intl pp nd admission letter is wat they need dats wat i gave them on sunday wen i got here

Thanks

Did the officer request for proof of fund for sch fees at POE?

(1) (2) (3) ... (19) (20) (21) (22) (23) (24) (25) ... (502)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 / USA Visit Visa Part 3

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.