Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,879 members, 7,821,067 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 07:46 AM

Travelling To Canada Part 7 - Travel (266) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Travelling To Canada Part 7 (1152434 Views)

Travelling To Canada Part 9 / Travelling To Canada Part 8 / Travelling To Canada Part 6 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (263) (264) (265) (266) (267) (268) (269) ... (502) (Go Down)

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by soji0509: 3:39pm On Mar 20, 2015
Please let him add a co-sponsor , property doc etc as he intends in addition to other things !
This is because of Nira devaluation. Financial standing that was OK last year December may be inadequate now.
It is better to over package than to under do it when one has the resources readily available.
lilspiceyy:

Insufficient funds wasn't ticked y wld u need a sponsor? Just let them knw that the business will be running while u are away studying meet a lawyer for that bt if u feel yur SOA isn't enough den add a co sponsor to be an a safer side.
I wld advice you write your SOP yourself. To me, SOP is telling the VO your passion, how your passion will impact your career, people and your country and how this course wld improve your business internationally. There is no better person to write your SOP than yourself cos u knw more abt wat u do dan any oda person wld do.
For example you can write that studying business administration in XYZ college or university will help your business in the area of international marketing and you want your business to go global in dat area(wat yur biz is into) also, it is yur desire as an entrepreneur. add your biz reg docs and tax clearance cert if u have any bt in the absence of those, you can add receipts of business transactions done. Your experience in dat business will play a big role cos am sure you've been into dat for a while so I wld advice you nt to change courses so dat yur app won't look desperate in d eyes of the VO
Lastly, paying your tuition is cool too I tink it kinda boost yur chances tho it doesn't guarantee your visa.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by CruzAj(m): 3:41pm On Mar 20, 2015
Barnie1111:
to God be the glory.
I have been an observer(keen) of this thread for some months now,infact i got addicted.I got my medical(instruction) call this morning at about the time I was about calling the agents I used.
though i used an agent but the lessons i've learnt on this platform can never be quatified. Thanks to all the bosses in the house and I pray that all awaiting med calls will soon land it. God is a way maker.
Congrats....ur belle dey sweet like dis.....what day did u apply and what route bro.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by Nobody: 3:50pm On Mar 20, 2015
bonny07:
please how long does it take after the medicals to get trv? (PAPER ROUTE)
at most a week
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by Kepner(f): 3:52pm On Mar 20, 2015
Hey guys

We (my bro & I) have been called for Medicals, received the mail yesterday. I screamed out of excitement soo much, that I woke up feeling a bit under the weather...Lool..the wait was full of tension.

I want to say a big Thank you to you guys for being so selfless with your answers, corrections and contributions...I pray that God Almighty blesses your generous hearts immensely!

Application and biometrics - Feb 16
Paper route

Congrats to all Medical call awaitees in advance!

16 Likes

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by databasecareers: 4:37pm On Mar 20, 2015
Kepner:
Hey guys

We (my bro & I) have been called for Medicals, received the mail yesterday. I screamed out of excitement soo much, that I woke up feeling a bit under the weather...Lool..the wait was full of tension.

I want to say a big Thank you to you guys for being so selfless with your answers, corrections and contributions...I pray that God Almighty blesses your generous hearts immensely!

Paper route

Congrats please do list the documents submitted and level of study e.g undergraduate, diploma or masters

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by MockinJay(m): 4:40pm On Mar 20, 2015
My dad thought it'd better for me to get my international passport while I'm finding my way to UBC...still at the immigration office.

Hope I'm on the right track!

#Undergraduate
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by bonny07(f): 4:51pm On Mar 20, 2015
okay thanks
toecyne:

at most a week
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by lilspiceyy(f): 5:06pm On Mar 20, 2015
[quote author=databasecareers post=31823934].
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by Kepner(f): 5:11pm On Mar 20, 2015
databasecareers:
Congrats please do list the documents submitted and level of study e.g undergraduate, diploma or masters

Thanks. Yeah...will do that soon

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by lilspiceyy(f): 5:11pm On Mar 20, 2015
Kepner:
Hey guys

Paper route

Congrats grin. I tap to your testimony. Last week and dis week was just paper route wats happening online routers? Pls list your docs dearie.

2 Likes

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by Phronesis2: 5:41pm On Mar 20, 2015
HELLO House, I have been admitted and my offer letter has been sent for awhile now but have not received it yet. I would like to know If I can apply with my scanned offer letter? am aware from the CIC website, that original should be used, but am considering the processing time? Anyone that has used scan copy and was successful? pls advice. Can anyone assist with this please
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by edwinbiz(m): 6:21pm On Mar 20, 2015
bonny07:
please how long does it take after the medicals to get trv? (PAPER ROUTE)
For me i did medicals on feb 6 then got my visa yesterday

2 Likes

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by hayqinsbFX: 6:31pm On Mar 20, 2015
its better you kindly do not qpply like that oo....since you have the money to pay and youre ready to do it.
reciept of fees payment can go a long way in any decision.
ada4all:
Thanks a lot for this info. I have gathered all docs I want to use. Just waiting for that one. If only they can send a mail acknowledging receipt of my payment form. I can still attach that to my application. I guess I will have to apply like that if I don't hear from them. Thanks
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by hayqinsbFX: 6:45pm On Mar 20, 2015
8weeks ke...thats not possible when they have deadline for payment of tuition.
heres a mail i got from the international admissions office stating they take payments seriously and it takes about 1-2weeks.
coldasice007:
heading to seneca college as well.according to seneca college website it takes about 8 weeks to acknowledge credit card payments whilst wire transfers are acknowledged faster, making a call to the international admissions office +14164915050 ext 22364 at about 5-6pm naija time might be your best bet to know your payment status instead of sending emails that may not be replied till after a few days to a week. You should note that paying tuition is optional before applying for your study permit rather take your time to gather supporting documents that covers all tuition,expenses and home ties. All the best

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by kfrosh: 7:50pm On Mar 20, 2015
Any idea how much first bank charge presently for wire transfer.
Ugochux:
Who has paid tuition using Diamond bank domiciliary account?? Are their charges fair enough? First bank said I have to open a current account first..
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by coldasice007: 8:26pm On Mar 20, 2015
here is a link to the information i gave http://www.senecacollege.ca/international/fees/payment-of-fees.html where it clearly stated that western union globalpay is seneca college preferred payment method whilst other means MAY take about 8 weeks.
yes you may have an email that says 1-2weeks for confirmation but you did not bother to check if it applies to all payments or some payments instead you rushed to comment on the thread but since you did not read the post very well from @ada4all it's been more than 2weeks that payment was sent and yet no confirmation or reply to emails sents. since you obviously work in the international admissions and finance office of seneca college and you know tracy and everyone working there please use your good office to confirm the applicant's credit card tuition payment and issue her tuition receipt. it is obvious you have not gone through the thread very well, tuition fee payment is not a guarantee that you will be issued a study permit. folks have gotten study permit without paying a dime whilst some have made partial and full payment and where still delayed as it is referred on this thread. so what next you will start advising everyone to start buying flight ticket like you suggested in one of your previous post before applying. bruv do not be in a hurry to post comments on the thread without getting your facts straight you can quietly skim through the thread get information you need and leave quietly it is not mandatory to contribute to the thread.
hayqinsbFX:
8weeks ke...thats not possible when they have deadline for payment of tuition.
heres a mail i got from the international admissions office stating they take payments seriously and it takes about 1-2weeks.

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by hayqinsbFX: 8:35pm On Mar 20, 2015
omo this post long ooo....
who has the summary..
it seems guys just find a way to get themselves offended...
*thats none of my business tho*....sips origin.
coldasice007:
here is a link to the information i gave http://www.senecacollege.ca/international/fees/payment-of-fees.html where it clearly stated that western union globalpay is seneca college preferred payment method whilst other means MAY take about 8 weeks.
yes you may have an email that says 1-2weeks for confirmation but you did not bother to check if it applies to all payments or some payments instead you rushed to comment on the thread but since you did not read the post very well from @ada4all it's been more than 2weeks that payment was sent and yet no confirmation or reply to emails sents. since you obviously work in the international admissions and finance office of seneca college and you know tracy and everyone working there please use your good office to confirm the applicant's credit card tuition payment and issue her tuition receipt. it is obvious you have not gone through the thread very well, tuition fee payment is not a guarantee that you will be issued a study permit. folks have gotten study permit without paying a dime whilst some have made partial and full payment and where still delayed as it is referred on this thread. so what next you will start advising everyone to start buying flight ticket like you suggested in one of your previous post before applying. bruv do not be in a hurry to post comments on the thread without getting your facts straight you can quietly skim through the thread get information you need and leave quietly it is not mandatory to contribute to the thread.

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by lilspiceyy(f): 8:53pm On Mar 20, 2015
soji0509:
Please let him add a co-sponsor , property doc etc as he intends in addition to other things !
This is because of Nira devaluation. Financial standing that was OK last year December may be inadequate now.
It is better to over package than to under do it when one has the resources readily available.
Ok cool smiley

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by tnuola(f): 8:58pm On Mar 20, 2015
Hello Guys,

Please stop quoting long posts, you're taking up too much space, just reply.

Thanks
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by Ugochux(m): 9:30pm On Mar 20, 2015
kfrosh:
Any idea how much first bank charge presently for wire transfer.

Umm, I heard about 0.5 - 1% of the amount to b trnsfrd, using Form A or so...not too sure bro..

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by Barnie1111(m): 9:34pm On Mar 20, 2015
CruzAj:
Congrats....ur belle dey sweet like dis.....what day did u apply and what route bro.
I applied on 16th Feb, got the med call on 18th of March. Paper route.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by Jengbetiele: 10:01pm On Mar 20, 2015
....Ghen ghen......................Hayqinsbfx vs coldasice007 cheesy grin

Meanwhile he be like say na paper routers dey ball now oooooo....By the special grace of almighty jah its our turn next week oh ye online routers oya toast to our trv next week!!

2 Likes

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by hayqinsbFX: 12:39am On Mar 21, 2015
when did you apply online bro
Jengbetiele:
....Ghen ghen......................Hayqinsbfx vs coldasice007 cheesy grin

Meanwhile he be like say na paper routers dey ball now oooooo....By the special grace of almighty jah its our turn next week oh ye online routers oya toast to our trv next week!!
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by barakah(m): 12:44am On Mar 21, 2015
Dear fellow nairalander Canada hopefuls
I always try to believe that my situation is different.
I'm hoping for a visato Canada to fulfill a relocation dream.
I don't intend to go for postgraduate studies or any type of study at that.
I'm a guate with a second degree in Finance
I'm married with two daughters
I have about 10 years experience working in he operations department of two different Oil marketing comp?anies in lagos.
What option can i start to work on to earn me a visa for relocation to Canada?
What are the likely steps to go about applying?
Kindly help with answers to the above question and put a smile on my face.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by Joe980: 1:40am On Mar 21, 2015
Congrats! @Kepner, keep moving cool
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by Jengbetiele: 3:33am On Mar 21, 2015
15th febuary 2015 biometric 16th febuary 2015
hayqinsbFX:
when did you apply online bro
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by Funto900: 6:42am On Mar 21, 2015
In as much as this thread can be helpful, we shouldn't make others that are just starting or don't have experience feel bad. If u have an answer to the questions asked, answer and move on, it wouldn't take anything from u, sometimes one is been referred to read all the previous thread just to get information( that's reading 500 pages line by line from part 1 to 6) common that's not fair(in my opinion). Before u attack me, I read the threads for 3weeks and am still reading. But not every one will not be able to do that. I had a lot of questions but I see the harsh responses, so instead I go to canada visa forum. Before anyone attacks me, I am just saying what I feel(my opinion), I may be wrong. Pls let's try to help others if we can and remember d people just starting today might be needed one day too.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by Sholaystar4me(m): 7:53am On Mar 21, 2015
Feel ur pain bruh.....Seconded

Funto900:
In as much as this thread can be helpful, we shouldn't make others that are just starting or don't have experience feel bad. If u have an answer to the questions asked, answer and move on, it wouldn't take anything from u, sometimes one is been referred to read all the previous thread just to get information( that's reading 500 pages line by line from part 1 to 6) common that's not fair(in my opinion). Before u attack me, I read the threads for 3weeks and am still reading. But not every one will not be able to do that. I had a lot of questions but I see the harsh responses, so instead I go to canada visa forum. Before anyone attacks me, I am just saying what I feel(my opinion), I may be wrong. Pls let's try to help others if we can and remember d people just starting today might be needed one day too.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (263) (264) (265) (266) (267) (268) (269) ... (502)

Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 / USA Visit Visa Part 3

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.