Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,465 members, 7,836,841 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 01:26 PM

Travelling To Canada Part 7 - Travel (298) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Travelling To Canada Part 7 (1157195 Views)

Travelling To Canada Part 9 / Travelling To Canada Part 8 / Travelling To Canada Part 6 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (295) (296) (297) (298) (299) (300) (301) ... (502) (Go Down)

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by Ugochux(m): 9:53am On Apr 03, 2015
bepzi4jesus:
Hello Gurus in d hauz

Plz just wish to know whether d VO's will contact my employer to confirm if am working with dem

First of all, I'm no guru..*winks*
Just know that they verify most of the documents given to them especially the ones that involves 'funds'...you shouldn't be worried bout that tho...*i stand to be corrected*

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by Ugochux(m): 9:56am On Apr 03, 2015
Bimbolamelo:
Please can anyone help with the names nursing school at the range of $7000?

Help yourself dear... www.ontariocolleges.ca , www.aucc.ca
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by Ugochux(m): 10:04am On Apr 03, 2015
CHERIPH:
E-family, can anyone tell me whom to address the co-sponsor letter, sponsor letter and other letters to. Pls urgent house

The Visa Officer,
Deputy High Commission of Canada,
4, Anifowoshe street,
Victoria Island, lagos,
Lagos State.

For more info, read frm part 4 upwards
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by Ugochux(m): 10:06am On Apr 03, 2015
Asumns:
Morning!
Pls house, can I submit tuition fee paid receipt printed from my account (student account page). I am asking this to be sure if it's formal enough blc receipt from school will still delay like a week

If you're sure it will take just 'one week', then wait for it..if not, u re good to go..*i stand to be corrected tho..
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by SeyiMiilan: 10:23am On Apr 03, 2015
Hello, pls I want to ask if its compulsory for my sponsor n I to sign the letter of introduction as sponsor n SOP? Also, my sponsor's passport expired and she just renewed it, how do I go about the "sponsor's passport page n pages of stamped pages", shld i use both the Old and renewed one? Thank u.@kepner
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by Funto900: 10:26am On Apr 03, 2015
Happy Easter All, few days back I asked abt Selkirk College. Just to share info for prospective students like me, I was able to get contacts of few alumni from my sch and dey said its not a recognised school like that, once a community college and yet to really advance like that. And dere are no jobs in castlegar at all for those who intend to work. Just sharing! So am back to my research table, need to look @ other schs .

2 Likes

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by Cherokee(m): 10:32am On Apr 03, 2015
House,
Please how do i calculate the 'funds available for my stay' and also where do i download the 'questionnaire form' from?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by MockinJay(m): 11:30am On Apr 03, 2015
tnuola:

Hi,
I think what the person meant is you pay per term,I guess there are two terms in a session right? and the payment format is right below where u circled at the bottom on the page I.e
First payment - $10,101.03
Second payment - $9,813.03

Cheers

Thanks for the breakdown!

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by MockinJay(m): 11:33am On Apr 03, 2015
Funto900:
Happy Easter All, few days back I asked abt Selkirk College. Just to share info for prospective students like me, I was able to get contacts of few alumni from my sch and dey said its not a recognised school like that, once a community college and yet to really advance like that. And dere are no jobs in castlegar at all for those who intend to work. Just sharing! So am back to my research table, need to look @ other schs .

University of Victoria - Once a college now a research University. Located in Victoria, British Columbia Province!

Check Frasers Valley, Simon Fraser, Royal Road or so, & Bronte College.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by Kepner(f): 11:56am On Apr 03, 2015
MockinJay:

University of Victoria - Once a college now a research University. Located in Victoria, British Columbia Province!

Check Frasers Valley, Simon Fraser, Royal Road or so, & Bronte College.

Lol...I particularly find your posts interesting cos you always recommend UVic at every little opportunity you get. It was one of my choices initially until my point of interest changed.

And your posts are impressively mature for an undergrad, really helpful. Keep up the good work.

2 Likes

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by Bimbolamelo: 12:00pm On Apr 03, 2015
Ugochux:

Help yourself dear... www.ontariocolleges.ca , www.aucc.ca
thanks
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by Nobody: 12:06pm On Apr 03, 2015
I looked up one Uni yesterday and the tuition for their nursing school for domestic students alone is about $8000. Since you'll be an international student you will pay more. Keep in mind this doesn't include the cost of textbooks, housing and other things, so you've to budget accordingly.

Bimbolamelo:
thanks I could start from first year but can I get a school of $5000-$9000
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by Kepner(f): 12:07pm On Apr 03, 2015
SeyiMiilan:
Hello, pls I want to ask if its compulsory for my sponsor n I to sign the letter of introduction as sponsor n SOP? Also, my sponsor's passport expired and she just renewed it, how do I go about the "sponsor's passport page n pages of stamped pages", shld i use both the Old and renewed one? Thank u.@kepner

Hi

For the letter of introduction, yes it should be signed by your sponsor.
As for the SOP, well, mine wasn't signed sha cos it was more of a story than a letter but I think you can still sign yours if you wish (that shouldn't be an issue).

For the passports, if the old one has visa stamps, then you should well submit both old and new.

Please try to list your docs before submitting so members of the house can help contribute, and tell you if you're missing anything.

Good luck!

3 Likes

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by Pinkygrace(f): 1:20pm On Apr 03, 2015
Please house can I get a sample of letter of introduction, and affidavit of support declaration. Just to compare please.
Send to basin_grace@yahoo.com
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by MockinJay(m): 1:32pm On Apr 03, 2015
Kepner:

Lol...I particularly find your posts interesting cos you always recommend UVic at every little opportunity you get. It was one of my choices initially until my point of interest changed.

And your posts are impressively mature for an undergrad, really helpful. Keep up the good work.

Guilty as charged! grin It's just that the thought of being the only Nigerian there is terrifying. I've watched videos made by Uvic students on parodies and musical performances and haven't seen up to 10 black undergraduates. Should I go to the school, I could be easily picked out embarassed

Mature? I try my best Kepner..I really do cheesy
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by MockinJay(m): 1:43pm On Apr 03, 2015
a4larin:
Hello.

Please guys I want to know if there is still a need for BTA (Basic Travel Allowance) when traveling as a student. I'll be leaving for Dalhousie and I want to know it its still required and how much it is especially if traveling for the first time. Is it also okay to travel with Canadian dollars or necessarily US dollars please?

I'll appreciate your reaponses.

Do me a favor and meet these peeps. Hope the school didn't slam their pics up there to gain International attention. Just kidding. When u get there...find 'em. I hear the girl is single sha but his bro is huge. Take care! wink

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by taregs: 2:23pm On Apr 03, 2015
Hello guys, i applied for a program few weeks back but still yet to get a response from them, now i saw the program i applied for is on WAITLISTED
at the ontariocolleges.com, what does that mean? do i still have a chance of been admitted??
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by abass: 2:42pm On Apr 03, 2015
If your course is related to what you wanted to do in Canada, just join am with prayer and you are gud to go bro.

What if the course is not related? I did marine science here in Nigeria but I intend doing Human Resources (pgd) in Canada.. I'm submitting online
2. SOP is statement of purpose I guess, how do I draft one?
Ose
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by fatibrahim: 2:46pm On Apr 03, 2015
Am new here and I need help. My brother will be finishing his service this year October and I want him to go to Canada for his masters. He finished with 2.2 in Agronomy and I need a good and affordable university, how to start the processing and so on. Please your response will be greatly needed
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by SeyiMiilan: 3:04pm On Apr 03, 2015
Thanks, I wld definately list all the documents on monday/monday.....the only issue is I was not given 'leave letter' from work tho..@Kepner
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by SeyiMiilan: 3:10pm On Apr 03, 2015
Hello, it is near impossible to get a school in canada that wld give ur broda masters admission with a 2_2.. He can look for colleges that offer post graduate degrees tho, after that he can proceed and do his masters.. @fatibrahim

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by Gods1son: 3:38pm On Apr 03, 2015
Kepner:

I think you should mention NYSC in your application cos April 2014 to date is long time of being idle.

Chekyink was engaged in an active program (though not NYSC) and got his Trv. I also spoke about an active program (also not NYSC) in my application and successfully got my Trv.

I'll just advice that you refrain from mentioning your service completion date, so as not to be perceived as an obstruction to your resuming to Canada.
Even though the VOs know what NYSC is, make it seem that, to you, it's an open program that would not affect your resumption.

I hope this makes sense sha, this is a personal opinion though.
All the best!

Thanks bro. Are you saying, I shouldn't mention NYSC. I should look for another program to replace the nysc, cos it wld reflect on my CV... What can I add to replace nd justify that time? Suggestions pls
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by taregs: 3:50pm On Apr 03, 2015
Guys what does WAITLIST means??
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by ollbetties: 3:51pm On Apr 03, 2015
ollbetties:
Okay....finally am ready for this.....Been hoping for the medical call, but instead,what i got on the 25th of March wen i tracked my app, was dat it has been Despatched without meds.......i know what dat means,but what i don't understand is why?Atleast, i compiled my doc based on the info i got on here(part4-7)........I'll go get my docs from VFS tomorrow,cos i got a mail today dat its there already.
Will list the reason(s) for the delay tomorrow,God's willing.Cheers

SPONSOR: UNCLE(BIZ ACCT)

EMBASSY DOCUMENTS
1) Application Checklist
2) Application Forms
3) Family information form
4) NO QUESTIONNAIRE(forgot to add it)

SCHOOL DOCUMENTS
1) Letter of acceptance from the University.
2) Paid half the tuition fee( $7300)
3) Hostel accommodation ($500)

PERSONAL DOCUMENTS
1) Passport
2) Two Passport Photograph
3) Police Character Certificate
4) My SOA (Closing bal #800,000)
5) Study leave letter
6) Letter of intro from my employer

ACADEMIC DOCUMENTS
1) WAEC Certificate
2) Degree certificate
4) University Transcripts
5) NYSC certificate,
6) Curriculum Vitae
7) Letter of intent

SPONSOR’S DOCUMENTS
1) Originals of the last 6 months of sponsor’s Bank account statement
2) Letter of reference from Bank.
3) Affidavit of Support
4) I didn't add ( letter of sponsorship)
PLEASE HOUSE CAN YOU ALL HELP ME OUT.........

Hi all,
finally got the delay package and the reasons for the delay according to the VO includes the following...

Travel history,
length of proposed stay,
purpose of visit,
current employment situation,
personal assets and financial status

All contributions will be well appreciated
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by Kepner(f): 4:40pm On Apr 03, 2015
MockinJay:

Guilty as charged! grin It's just that the thought of being the only Nigerian there is terrifying. I've watched videos made by Uvic students on parodies and musical performances and haven't seen up to 10 black undergraduates. Should I go to the school, I could be easily picked out embarassed

Oh really!
Well to be honest, I remember reading somewhere that Black students aren't so many in BC (they've got more of Asians undecided, don't know how true though), but you shouldn't let that scare you.
I believe, once a school has something that interests/benefits you, you should go for it...cos truth be told, in a year or so, the system is gonna be so familiar and the black thing would matter less.
Besides how bad can it be really? and people generally say 'Nigerians are everywhere' so, you should be alright...Lol. smiley

But if it's nothing special, and the whole race thing worries you that much, you could check out other schools with a larger majority of Blacks...I hope it's not too late for Fall session.

I personally feel that you'll be fine with UVic after all! Best of luck dear.

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by Nobody: 4:48pm On Apr 03, 2015
taregs:
Hello guys, i applied for a program few weeks back but still yet to get a response from them, now i saw the program i applied for is on WAITLISTED
at the ontariocolleges.com, what does that mean? do i still have a chance of been admitted??
What program is that?

MockinJay:

No one will pick on you because of your nationality. I'm sure you'll find some Nigerians but if you don't, try to befriend other pple. Never choose a school based on how many Nigerians it has. You're not going there for them but because of what the school has to offer.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by Luvace: 4:48pm On Apr 03, 2015
Hello Nairalanders. I received an offer of admission for masters in mechanical engineering from UBC. I have bin following this thread since forever and i can boldly claim I've gained more than enough info to have a successful visa application. However, no man is a bundle of knowledge. Please house, I've done extensive research online in terms of accommodation (kijiji, craiglist), I would really appreciate if someone in BC or anyone with useful information as regards minimum monthly feeding and accommodation allowance can please give an estimate. I am particularly keen about the feeding budget cos from d little info i got online, most minimum accommodation in BC should be btw 700-800dollars (i stand to be corrected). Another issue is on the IMM1294E form, should i state my PPA as employment details cos I'm a batch C corps member (passing out November) or i should leave it blank?. Please whats a schedule 1 form and do i attach my birth certs, credentials to the portion where i upload my LOE? Also, I'm twisted as regards the portion where I'm to fill tuition and funds available. Should the tuition be the total fees incurred by the school or just tuition alone. Thanks for una quick response. 1 last tin, ABEG!!!! i need SOP. I already have that of pchax but there's no harm in cooking two or more SOP's to get a very delicious sop. I sabi sey some peeps will say i should google it, but please, i prefer any from this our thread cos since its submitted and the person passed, its TESTED and TRUSTED. Please, if this message has stepped on any 1's toes, ABEG!!! forgive me. I humbly await una response.

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by MockinJay(m): 4:53pm On Apr 03, 2015
Kepner

In a way, you've helped out with some of my 'fears'.
Thanks alot.

BTW, I've got a mentorship form. It's pretty dusty but it should suffice. Care to sign "Kepner" on it? cheesy

Or too soon? undecided

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by taregs: 4:59pm On Apr 03, 2015
@aflyinbird the program is computer programmer/Analyst.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by MockinJay(m): 5:00pm On Apr 03, 2015
Luvace

Accommodation is pretty high in BC. You should search for Ads requesting for a roommate. That reduces your cost by $200+.

Here's an estimation of some stuffs there. UBC is in Vancouver and I heard it rains alot there. A couple of umbrellas isn't a bad idea...and rain boot.

Someone's SOP- https://www.dropbox.com/s/vvxhyhzqm0e7e83/my%20SOP%20to%20Embassy%20redacted.pdf?dl=0

1 Share

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by Kepner(f): 5:07pm On Apr 03, 2015
Gods1son:

Thanks bro. Are you saying, I shouldn't mention NYSC. I should look for another program to replace the nysc, cos it wld reflect on my CV... What can I add to replace nd justify that time? Suggestions pls

I'm female bro.

NO, I'm not saying you shouldn't talk about NYSC, I'm telling you to talk about it cos that's what you've been engaged in for a while now.

What I wouldn't advise is for you to mention your COMPLETION DATE, try to avoid it.

We (including VO) know that everyone's NYSC is a year program, but try not to dwell on the finish date, so the VO can perceive your readiness to resume school, even though you wouldn't have completed service by then.

Talk about your Service like an open program that'll cause no obstruction/delay to your resumption date of the Uni in Canada.

For example:
I went back to checky's posts and saw that he he was a Registered masters student of OAU...so this should make you see that the VO saw his readiness to resume Canada nonetheless his program here in Naija.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by MockinJay(m): 5:09pm On Apr 03, 2015
aflyingbird:

No one will pick on you because of your nationality. I'm sure you'll find some Nigerians but if you don't, try to befriend other pple. Never choose a school based on how many Nigerians it has. You're not going there for them but because of what the school has to offer.

Lol..I know I ain't going there for anybody but C'mon..the feeling of seeing a familiar face in a place you least expect is kinda awesome.

Anyways, I do get your point.

(1) (2) (3) ... (295) (296) (297) (298) (299) (300) (301) ... (502)

Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 / USA Visit Visa Part 3 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 73
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.