Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,350 members, 7,836,422 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 07:34 AM

Travelling To Canada Part 7 - Travel (300) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Travelling To Canada Part 7 (1157098 Views)

Travelling To Canada Part 9 / Travelling To Canada Part 8 / Travelling To Canada Part 6 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (297) (298) (299) (300) (301) (302) (303) ... (502) (Go Down)

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by Kepner(f): 1:08am On Apr 04, 2015
Bimbolamelo:
Thanks house for the earlier response.......I'm currently studying nursing but I don't like India,they discriminate a lot here,I would coming to Nigeria for holiday so I plan to apply for a Canadian study permit by then....what are my chances of getting the visa pls?......still working on the admission now......pls I need ur advices

Your chances are probably just the same as any other person's...just have the right documents and you should be good to go.

The thing that comes to mind is how long or short your holiday will be? or are you coming home with the mind of not returning back to India??

Cos if you intend traveling back to India, how will you be able to undergo your medical exams when requested??
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by mcdonald123(m): 4:53am On Apr 04, 2015
Kepner:

Your chances are probably just the same as any other person's...just have the right documents and you should be good to go.

The thing that comes to mind is how long or short your holiday will be? or are you coming home with the mind of not returning back to India??

Cos if you intend traveling back to India, how will you be able to undergo your medical exams when requested??
An upfront medical b4 submitting d application wud do jes fine....

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by Bimbolamelo: 6:04am On Apr 04, 2015
Kepner:

thanks I won't return to India if I get the visa...the holiday is three months,can I get the visa before then?.....how long is the processing?....like how much should I have in mind to spend on the visa processing?i know visa of a thing is 50/50,should incase I don't get the visa,I might return to India
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by bepzi4jesus: 7:30am On Apr 04, 2015
Gud morning hauz!

My family information form dat I downloaded is showing protected and cos of dis I cant type inside d form and I cant save

Pls help me with d form or if deris any way I can unprotected it so dat I can type my my information inside... Pls dat is d only thing it remain for me to submit my application..

My E-mail: omoleoluwaseye@gmail.com

Plz Ur quick response is highly appreciated
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by Kepner(f): 8:18am On Apr 04, 2015
mcdonald123:
An upfront medical b4 submitting d application wud do jes fine....

Cic sometimes request for medicals again regardless, it's safer to be available.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by Kepner(f): 8:33am On Apr 04, 2015
Bimbolamelo:
thanks I won't return to India if I get the visa...the holiday is three months,can I get the visa before then?.....how long is the processing?....like how much should I have in mind to spend on the visa processing?i know visa of a thing is 50/50,should incase I don't get the visa,I might return to India

Okay 3 months should be just fine.
Processing time (paper route) has been looking like 5-6 weeks before medicals and 1-2 weeks for passport request.
It's not constant though..could be longer.

I'll advice that you tell your sponsor(s) to start preparing the account, it's usually 6 months SOA needed. Once you've gotten your admission you can come back for clarifications you may need.

For now...just follow the thread, check out part 6 if you can, to familiarize yourself with the whole visa processing (the information really helps) and you should also check the Cic website.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by Bimbolamelo: 8:37am On Apr 04, 2015
T
Kepner:

Okay 3 months should be just fine.
Processing time (paper route) has been looking like 5-6 weeks before medicals and 1-2 weeks for passport request.

I'll advice that you tell your sponsor(s) to start preparing the account, it's usually 6 months SOA needed. Once you've gotten your admission you can come back for clarifications you may need.

For now...just follow the tread, check out part 6 if you can, to familiarize yourself with the whole visa processing (the information really helps) and you should also check the Cic website.
thanks I really appreciate,I applied to MUN already....can I use the documents of my uncle in Canada?(he's a citizen)
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by Kepner(f): 8:39am On Apr 04, 2015
Bimbolamelo:
Tthanks I really appreciate,I applied to MUN already....can I use the documents of my uncle in Canada?(he's a citizen)

Yeah you can.
All the best!
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by Team12: 10:17am On Apr 04, 2015
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by Cherokee(m): 11:32am On Apr 04, 2015
Kepner,
Please how do i download the 'questionnaire form', I have filled other forms like the family information form ', application made outside Canada form, & the documents checklist. I just need that' questionnaire form '. Cos i dont know where to get it from. Am going via the online route. Thanks'
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by gabrola: 12:18pm On Apr 04, 2015
MockinJay:

Holding campaigns for the school cheesy some could testify to that. So far I've had two peeps(UG and PG) apply. Too bad they are not on NL. Close friends though.
i learnt dat 1 girl jalynaa or so in ds forum is alredy dre. teamVike toh badt!! but i pray make dem ansa me quick. av u gotten an offer of admission already?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by MockinJay(m): 12:24pm On Apr 04, 2015
gabrola:

i learnt dat 1 girl jalynaa or so in ds forum is alredy dre. teamVike toh badt!! but i pray make dem ansa me quick. av u gotten an offer of admission already?

Whaaaattttttttt? And I had no clue? angry

I gotta find her! Thanks for the info. Same here o! Have u received your student number? Guy, contact the school.

Couldn't find her. Her name didn't even come up. Do you remember any post she had posted on NL?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by Kepner(f): 12:31pm On Apr 04, 2015
Cherokee:
Kepner,
Please how do i download the 'questionnaire form', I have filled other forms like the family information form ', application made outside Canada form, & the documents checklist. I just need that' questionnaire form '. Cos i dont know where to get it from. Am going via the online route. Thanks'

I'm not too sure. I had copies of the forms already before I started my application.
You could drop your Mail briefly and I could send you a copy.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by Cherokee(m): 12:45pm On Apr 04, 2015
Kepner:

I'm not too sure. I had copies of the forms already before I started my application.
You could drop your Mail briefly and I could send you a copy.

victorakpansunday@gmail.com
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by akanni(m): 1:26pm On Apr 04, 2015
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by Cherokee(m): 1:33pm On Apr 04, 2015
Cherokee:

victorakpansunday@gmail.com

Kepner,
This the email address, please lemme know once u have sent it. Thanks '
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by Kepner(f): 1:55pm On Apr 04, 2015
Cherokee:

Kepner,
This the email address, please lemme know once u have sent it. Thanks '

Sent.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by Oseni007(m): 1:59pm On Apr 04, 2015
Pls @Kepner,can I v a copy too. thanks.oseni_idris@yahoo.com
Kepner:

Sent.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by Nobody: 2:06pm On Apr 04, 2015
Team12:
Guys!!!!!!!!!I am in a dilema oooooo please help a sister.

My sister, the way this scholarship is structured it looks like the usual Commonwealth scholarship. As Alani said, speak with your supervisor, probably tell him you plab on continuing to a phd level and that accepting this offer may jeopardise the chance of that happening. .He may put in a word for you with the committee and maybe a less stringent term may be given you.

Personally, Its a lesson I just learnt to read through terms and conditions of Funding/scholarship offers; usually I just skim past and accept the conditions. .Noe that you have mentioned it tho, I'll start paying closer attention.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by gabrola: 2:14pm On Apr 04, 2015
MockinJay:

Whaaaattttttttt? And I had no clue? angry

I gotta find her! Thanks for the info. Same here o! Have u received your student number? Guy, contact the school.

Couldn't find her. Her name didn't even come up. Do you remember any post she had posted on NL?
search for jaylinaaa
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by Team12: 2:40pm On Apr 04, 2015
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by Team12: 2:42pm On Apr 04, 2015
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by edwinbiz(m): 2:52pm On Apr 04, 2015
i guess i can now rest wink
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by akanni(m): 3:04pm On Apr 04, 2015
edwinbiz:
#Lmao the return back to your country after school is very funny, but there are no two ways about it, is either you get the scholarship and come back to naija after your program or you forget about the scholarship and focus on your future after graduation.
Even with a Phd, as long as you use that scholarship for masters, you must still show for naija. i know they can even offer you the scholarship up to the phd.Its better you just sponsor yourself if you want to stay back, i.e after you discussed with the grad chair as earlier advised.You can actually come back and apply for express entry sha.youw ould have done like minimum one year back in naija by that time, that is another option.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by Cherokee(m): 3:13pm On Apr 04, 2015
Kepner:

Sent.

Thanks dear
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by Jijola: 4:05pm On Apr 04, 2015
Hello. I do not advise you use your uncle. It may seem like you aim at getting a PR through a study route. VOs frown at that. Using a Nigerian account would be better.
Bimbolamelo:
Tthanks I really appreciate,I applied to MUN already....can I use the documents of my uncle in Canada?(he's a citizen)

2 Likes

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by Jijola: 4:15pm On Apr 04, 2015
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by MockinJay(m): 4:27pm On Apr 04, 2015
gabrola:
search for jaylinaaa

Yeah that's the right one. Last seen..Jan. I saw a couple others that showed interest in Uvic but didn't really follow up with their stories. Well well we've just got to wait for our testimonies. Till then, #GhostMode.

Oh, some additional info I got lying around on my phone.

1 Share

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by edwinbiz(m): 5:49pm On Apr 04, 2015
akanni:

Even with a Phd, as long as you use that scholarship for masters, you must still show for naija. i know they can even offer you the scholarship up to the phd.Its better you just sponsor yourself if you want to stay back, i.e after you discussed with the grad chair as earlier advised.You can actually come back and apply for express entry sha.youw ould have done like minimum one year back in naija by that time, that is another option.
Abeg joh, i better hassle and pray my way to success.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by Team12: 6:47pm On Apr 04, 2015

2 Likes

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by Team12: 6:51pm On Apr 04, 2015
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by gabrola: 8:25pm On Apr 04, 2015
MockinJay:

Yeah that's the right one. Last seen..Jan. I saw a couple others that showed interest in Uvic but didn't really follow up with their stories. Well well we've just got to wait for our testimonies. Till then, #GhostMode.

Oh, some additional info I got lying around on my phone.
thanks bro! we shall receive good news soon.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (297) (298) (299) (300) (301) (302) (303) ... (502)

Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 / USA Visit Visa Part 3 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.