Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,492 members, 7,819,803 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 11:52 PM

Travelling To Canada Part 7 - Travel (34) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Travelling To Canada Part 7 (1151972 Views)

Travelling To Canada Part 9 / Travelling To Canada Part 8 / Travelling To Canada Part 6 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (31) (32) (33) (34) (35) (36) (37) ... (502) (Go Down)

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by canada1234: 10:09pm On Dec 15, 2014
Please guys help me out, what's the meaning of the table above, do u guys have any idea whatsoever please? That's d table without data!

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by Ebola(f): 10:42pm On Dec 15, 2014
blink6:

did you receive an email from them about the update on medical today? Cos I did. When are you expecting to be asked to submit your passport?

@Ebola, have you been asked to submit your passport? If yes, how many days from the day u got an email about ur medical result update did u get the passport request email?

I got the invite last Fri. The funny thing is that am in Accra now on official business so I went to the VFS office in Accra to submit my passport today. Am expecting it back b4 the week runs out.

2 Likes

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by ManTiger(m): 10:44pm On Dec 15, 2014
chuckie414:

Lol....baba na so jare,how your side?
I'm fine bro, goodluck on your refiring.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by TwinkleDammy(m): 10:51pm On Dec 15, 2014
Ebola:
Please can the house assist me in making a decision. At this point, I have 2 admission offers - one to UWindsor and the other to Concordia Univ...both to study Msc Comp Science. Which do I choose?
Congrats. Also got called to submit passport-I thank God Almighty who has made it a possibility and reality for us.
The question I have is, did u apply for visa with both admission letters.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by luvly3(f): 10:55pm On Dec 15, 2014
Inkblood:

proof of funds? no i did not include any of that. just statement of account and fixed deposit certificates. please what is a CAC?

That was a very big red flag... Your agent didn't even know that

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by TwinkleDammy(m): 10:57pm On Dec 15, 2014
Siga:
...Pick ur visa 7am... catch flight 7:01am if possible...
Nice one bro...@siga oshe bobo mi-thanks ma bro
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by luvly3(f): 10:58pm On Dec 15, 2014
Inkblood:

proof of funds? no i did not include any of that. just statement of account and fixed deposit certificates. please what is a CAC?

If you are working, you are meant to provide pay slips, if you have a business u provide company registration documents... CAC is corporate affairs commission, the Nigerian body dat registers companies.

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by Nobody: 10:59pm On Dec 15, 2014
lolitadauz:

Thanks Amefrica

Welcome lolitadauz.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by TwinkleDammy(m): 11:02pm On Dec 15, 2014
luvly3:

That was a very big red flag... Your agent didn't even know that
CAC- certificate of incorporation.It's for registered companies in the country.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by luvly3(f): 11:02pm On Dec 15, 2014
Who's in Lakeland college here... I need info pls
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by Nobody: 11:21pm On Dec 15, 2014
blink6:

ok... thanks... and have you collected the processed passport now?
if yes, how long after submission?

Asking all this cos I am tired of lagos already.

Lol. Na same thing de worry me and you. The wait for passport come strong pass the wait for med call.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by Ebola(f): 11:28pm On Dec 15, 2014
TwinkleDammy:
Congrats. Also got called to submit passport-I thank God Almighty who has made it a possibility and reality for us.
The question I have is, did u apply for visa with both admission letters.

No. I applied with Windsor but will be going to Montreal.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by blink6(m): 11:30pm On Dec 15, 2014
Snappyfingaz:

Lol. Na same thing de worry me and you. The wait for passport come strong pass the wait for med call.
u don submit ur passport already?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by blink6(m): 11:37pm On Dec 15, 2014
Ebola:

I got the invite last Fri. The funny thing is that am in Accra now on official business so I went to the VFS office in Accra to submit my passport today. Am expecting it back b4 the week runs out.
ok. Was that a day after you got an email update about ur medical result? 》》★I mean a day before the passport submission IV.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by stevemims(m): 11:46pm On Dec 15, 2014
double08:

Na wa. I answered ur question, u asking me if am sure? angry
Nor vex,just confused. I saw a different number on nipost.com
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by Nobody: 12:27am On Dec 16, 2014
Helo house for those who got their trv already hw many years visa was written on it?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by Asalyn: 2:01am On Dec 16, 2014
@oga siga....pls I av a question for you sir!!!..a yr program attracts 8months trv or 1 yr trv?...juz a clarification...tnx
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by Siga: 2:07am On Dec 16, 2014
Asalyn:
@oga siga....pls I av a question for you sir!!!..a yr program attracts 8months trv or 1 yr trv?...juz a clarification...tnx
... TRV is only for entry... What u should concern urself with is the Study Permit... 8 months program can get up to 10months Study Permit but not sure if beyond that....
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by Bellniki1: 2:11am On Dec 16, 2014
After the program, can one get a work permit?

Siga:
... TRV is only for entry... What u should concern urself with is the Study Permit... 8 months program can get up to 10months Study Permit but not sure if beyond that....
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by Nobody: 2:12am On Dec 16, 2014
tianadiva:
Helo house for those who got their trv already hw many years visa was written on it?
Mine 4yrs.. I guess it depends on Study duration..Thanks.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by Siga: 2:13am On Dec 16, 2014
Bellniki1:

...U get work permit during and after the program...
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by Bellniki1: 2:17am On Dec 16, 2014
I get that, I read somewhere on the cic page; where is says a 1 year program can get you a 1 year post study work permit. That's what i want to get clarification on

Bellniki1:

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by Siga: 2:20am On Dec 16, 2014
Bellniki1:
I get that, I read somewhere on the cic page; where is says a 1 year program can get you a 1 year post study work permit. That's what i want to get clarification on

.... I am sure it didn't say can get you... It must say can get you UP TO ... Key word UP TO... meaning it could be less...

If the official length of your program of study is:

less than eight months
you are not eligible for this program
less than two years but more than eight months
you may get a work permit for a period no longer than the length of your program of study (for example, if you studied for nine months, a work permit may be issued for a period of nine months)
two years or more
a work permit may be issued for three years

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by Bellniki1: 2:35am On Dec 16, 2014
Thanks

Siga:
.... I am sure it didn't say can get you... It must say can get you UP TO ... Key word UP TO... meaning it could be less...

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by Nobody: 2:39am On Dec 16, 2014
Well i got 5yrs,bt ma course is 4yrs in total
Optimall:
Mine 4yrs.. I guess it depends on Study duration..Thanks.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by Nobody: 2:41am On Dec 16, 2014
tianadiva:
Well i got 5yrs,bt ma course is 4yrs in total

When does your passport expire?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by showfz(m): 4:49am On Dec 16, 2014
tnuola:

Please its better you just cover loop holes and reapply, it's expensive nah, the lawyer will charge a lot, and from what I've read on here, pple hardly appeal, they just reapply

Thanks dr. Would reapply

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by Nobody: 5:22am On Dec 16, 2014
luvly3:
Who's in Lakeland college here... I need info pls
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by Justcul(m): 7:06am On Dec 16, 2014
Please house my question is, If a student is on a 1 year study exchange program (msc), does he/she also qualifies for a post study work permit
Oga Siga and all, please i need your response.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by Nobody: 7:29am On Dec 16, 2014
13 march 2019 anyway done the calculation its 4yrs
Amefrica:

When does your passport expire?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by Nobody: 7:33am On Dec 16, 2014
tianadiva:
13 march 2019

It's kinda strange tho, I think all UGs get 4 years. I got 4 years too, so as many other people I know.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by Inkblood: 8:09am On Dec 16, 2014
luvly3:

If you are working, you are meant to provide pay slips, if you have a business u provide company registration documents... CAC is corporate affairs commission, the Nigerian body dat registers companies.

wow. i didnt provide any of that. and i do not have any businesses. well i am no longer working, so how do i go about it?

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (31) (32) (33) (34) (35) (36) (37) ... (502)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 / USA Visit Visa Part 3

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.