Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,053 members, 7,835,558 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 11:43 AM

Travelling To Canada Part 7 - Travel (463) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Travelling To Canada Part 7 (1156816 Views)

Travelling To Canada Part 9 / Travelling To Canada Part 8 / Travelling To Canada Part 6 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (460) (461) (462) (463) (464) (465) (466) ... (502) (Go Down)

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by Futurewiser: 11:18pm On May 31, 2015
porlo87:

What do you think I should do differently this time

Re-fire with same documents and maintain consistency
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by drelicx: 12:00am On Jun 01, 2015
hayqinsbFX:
@delicrx
What program did you do in your UG and which are you going for now.
i did statistics and i want to do computer-science(major) and supply-chain(minor) as second degree as UG
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by drelicx: 12:09am On Jun 01, 2015
Cally14:

@delicrx,

No SOP?

As a serving Corp Member, I think you should have included your Posting Letter to PPA, Letter of introduction from PPA, NYSC allowance Statement of Account (No matter how little).

I think the above mentioned would have solved the current employment situation and financial status.

When did you finish shool? What program are you going for and what's the duration of the program?
i finished in 2014, am going for computer-science(major) and supply-chain(minor). program duration is 2yrs 6mnths i did credit transfer. i studied statistics
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by drelicx: 12:12am On Jun 01, 2015
darefestus:

Sorry about the delay.

Please can you furnish the house on more information about your application.

I'm headed for the same school so I have particular interest in what program and course you applied to in the first place.
i applied for credit transfer in computer(major) and supply-chain(minor).
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by Jengbetiele: 12:25am On Jun 01, 2015
edwinbiz:
Lol when he Comes he'll know that every body in Nigeria is just playing and thinking their doing any thing in terms of Computer whatever.
hahahahaahahahahaha this really cracked me up. Computer science in Nigeria is a huge joke.....I guess you studying computer science too right? There undergrads here are better than alot of Nigerian lecturers of computer science hahahahahahahahahahahahah. No apologies for that statement.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by pweetyfelicia: 12:57am On Jun 01, 2015
drelicx:

i finished in 2014, am going for computer-science(major) and supply-chain(minor). program duration is 2yrs 6mnths i did credit transfer. i studied statistics
u shld hve applied for a program in m.sc, postgrad certs or adv.diploma and wen u get to canny u can change to ur intended sch of choice.Moreover u didn't wrt a letter of explanation to state why u re going for anoda UG course instead of an advance program.

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by pweetyfelicia: 1:06am On Jun 01, 2015
easyxtan:
Can anyone give me the direction to the Bio metric center in Lagos
3rd roundabout(ikate bustop) afer lekky toll gate, cross to the oda side of the road and look for a GT gate.ENter the street(ikate road), vfs(manor building) is the 3rd or 4th building to ur left hand side

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by hayqinsbFX: 2:23am On Jun 01, 2015
You had have a great advantage because u just graduated but You didn't have proper advuse before u applied for the credti transfer to another UG...its definitely a red flag.
Get a pgd in the same course u have in ur UG, or a masters if u can...
drelicx:

i did statistics and i want to do computer-science(major) and supply-chain(minor) as second degree as UG
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by nevachange(f): 3:05am On Jun 01, 2015
Can any one pls tell where to go for biometrics in lagos
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by Solo8(m): 3:49am On Jun 01, 2015
Ugochux:
Oga Justwise and co...we won d FA cup ooo..
Hail us naa, abi una lose 'bet'lol
*cheers*

justwise:

I support Arsenal.

Now I know why both you guys are proper guys smiley

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by laimartins7(m): 4:28am On Jun 01, 2015
Morning to every1 followin ds thread.
my question is ; pls, it takes how many weeks or months to get a student visa / study permit from d embasssy. i was told 31weeks n i also checked cic.ca mysef same. Pls i need help . thnx
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by anthochie: 5:10am On Jun 01, 2015
laimartins7:
Morning to every1 followin ds thread.
my question is ; pls, it takes how many weeks or months to get a student visa / study permit from d embasssy. i was told 31weeks n i also checked cic.ca mysef same. Pls i need help . thnx

Like someone pointed out earlier...8 weeks has been the average time so far...we have even withnessed certain peeps get medical calls in 4 to 6 weeks just recently....

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by hayqinsbFX: 6:18am On Jun 01, 2015
When u ask a question that is answered on the same page u posted.
With expo some people will still fail in dis naija...
LOL..
Just scroll up bro.
nevachange:
Can any one pls tell where to go for biometrics in lagos

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by mevisbleek: 6:53am On Jun 01, 2015
Feistyoly:
Good evening everyone. Please can someone tell me if a Nigerian Law graduate can study for masters in Canada without doing any additional program before the masters, seeing as Canada is also a common law country? I don't know if I captured the question well but pls I need an answer. Thanks.

I'll also appreciate it if anyone can suggest a University apart from unis in Quebec. Thanks in advance.

Greetings Mam/Sir,
I hope this message meets you well. I guess your question is regarding Pre-masters. I would say it depends on your Nigerian grades tho. If its not quite up to what the school wants they might ask you to do a Pre-masters to better evaluate your educational capability.
If you don't mind me asking, what course are you coming to study? Also, I would appreciate if you can tell me your budget. With both information in hand I can advise you on some schools to apply to.
I see you a law grad, have you thought about applying for JD (Juris Doctor)?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by laimartins7(m): 7:37am On Jun 01, 2015
[quote author=anthochie post=34300083]

Like someone pointed out earlier...8 weeks has been the average time so far...we have even withnessed certain peeps get medical calls in 4 to 6 weeks just recently....[/quote

thnx anthochie. i am new to the thread as well.
my plan b4 is2 travel dis sept but i hv postponed it till january. bcoz of time to get d proper docs in place.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by Bennet642k2(m): 7:44am On Jun 01, 2015
Good day everyone, happy new month of June. I wish to reapply for my study visa for September intake 2015, but my letter of deferral is not yet out. I don't knw how long it will be and also the processing period if I'll meet up for classes by September, I have already paid full tuition fee. Pls, I need to knw if I should still apply for September or January 2016 due to processing time. Thank you.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by anthochie: 7:49am On Jun 01, 2015
[quote author=laimartins7 post=34302170][/quote]
@laimartins7
solid idea....getting Ur docs right...patience, positive thinking and faith are integral recipes for getting a study permit..
Also read this thread like Ur life depends on it...and ask questions..Ull do fine..
..it is well..

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by ohaveez(m): 8:03am On Jun 01, 2015
University of ottawa students stand up..
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by laimartins7(m): 8:06am On Jun 01, 2015
anthochie:

@laimartins7
solid idea....getting Ur docs right...patience, positive thinking and faith are integral recipes for getting a study permit..
Also read this thread like Ur life depends on it...and ask questions..Ull do fine..
..it is well..

thnx @anthochie
Are u in canada studyin or an applicant like me?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by Ugochux(m): 8:13am On Jun 01, 2015
Eerrrm, has d 5th May guy shared his story??#goodmorninFam
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by hayqinsbFX: 8:31am On Jun 01, 2015
The superstory...No mehn!..
U sef dey update..lol

Ugochux:
Eerrrm, has d 5th May guy shared his story??#goodmorninFam
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by Team12: 8:33am On Jun 01, 2015
ohaveez:
Wow that sounds cool...whc sch if I may ask?

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by anthochie: 8:42am On Jun 01, 2015
laimartins7:

thnx @anthochie

Lol...I'm a potential applicant......still gathering documents
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by anthochie: 8:43am On Jun 01, 2015
laimartins7:

thnx @anthochie

Lol...I'm an applicant like u
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by Ugochux(m): 8:43am On Jun 01, 2015
Team12:
University of Winnipeg, Masters in Environmental, Natural Resource and Development Economics

Ma'am, na only you dey do 3 in 1 Masters program?
Some people nvr gt admission oo..

5 Likes

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by Ugochux(m): 8:45am On Jun 01, 2015
hayqinsbFX:
The superstory...No mehn!.. U sef dey update..lol
Tension don change 'gear' naa... Buh its well shaa. Congrats bro...
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by kosebinu(m): 8:47am On Jun 01, 2015
Anyone going to uni. of Manitoba.?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by hayqinsbFX: 9:03am On Jun 01, 2015
Yes bbro...d tension No b here o
Buh God has won na...U no belive

Ugochux:

Tension don change 'gear' naa... Buh its well shaa.
Congrats bro...
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by Nobody: 9:05am On Jun 01, 2015
hayqinsbFX:
when they say purpose of viisit, it really has to do with the VO not satisfied with you studentship claim based on some factors like your age, study gap, intended program and personal assets.
since you can only change your proposed course among others, ill suggest you apply for a PGD in something in electrical engineering when reapplying.
going for anther bachelors at that age and previous academic qualification as bachelors is a huge red flag.
if you were on the forum earlier you would have known this.

Age has nothing to do with one's plan or dream of studying. It is not a barrier.

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by Nobody: 9:09am On Jun 01, 2015
ada4all:
Hi hi folks.

Pls for those that were denied before that were later given after a second attempt, is it compulsory I let them know I was previously denied in my second attempt. Or shud I just apply afresh.

In my case I used the same MyCIC account and I told them the truth. I went as far as quoting my previous application number to them.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by hayqinsbFX: 9:10am On Jun 01, 2015
From recent study If you're going for PHD or masters I wud say it isnt.....buh mehn...From the statistics we have here from results of applications age is always a huge factor for llower level programs...
There might be unique cases...buh I feel they are very rare...
Snappyfingaz:

Age has nothing to do with one's plan or dream of studying. It is not a barrier.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by Nobody: 9:17am On Jun 01, 2015
hayqinsbFX:
From recent study If you're going for PHD or masters I wud say it isnt.....buh mehn...From the statistics we have here from results of applications age is always a huge factor for llower level programs...
There might be unique cases...buh I feel they are very rare...

Not rare. I am a proof to that. I have a 38year old Congolese in my class also. Fresh from Congo and not a PR holder nor a citizen.

(1) (2) (3) ... (460) (461) (462) (463) (464) (465) (466) ... (502)

Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 / USA Visit Visa Part 3 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.