Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,600 members, 7,816,492 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 11:54 AM

Travelling To Canada Part 7 - Travel (482) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Travelling To Canada Part 7 (1150681 Views)

Travelling To Canada Part 9 / Travelling To Canada Part 8 / Travelling To Canada Part 6 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (479) (480) (481) (482) (483) (484) (485) ... (502) (Go Down)

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by Ugochux(m): 11:16pm On Jun 03, 2015
loriaidah:
please to apply via paper route are you suppose to summit you original documents (as in carry your original the way they give you from school summit) or photocopy then summit? pls urgent

U can 'submit' originals or notarized copies..
*i stand to be corrected*
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by Nobody: 12:48am On Jun 04, 2015
Snappyfingaz:
Body just de pinch me say @Manover wan quit.

@Manover please ask @Amefrica. The reason for denial after his first app was just *Purpose of visit. He quickly acknowledged he wrote in his SOP that he would like to stay back after his study to complete a Masters program. He simply re-applied sharperly leaving everything as it was and editing that part of the SOP that states he wants to stay back for Masters and believe you me he got his TRV. OO course I know *family ties was included in yours but SOP will remedy that as well. DON'T QUIT. I took it personal like you after I was rejected I nor go lie. My mum and @luvly3 talked me back from quitting and being a loser. So try again beg.

P.S- I nor call you loser oh. You're a winner.

I couldn't have said this better. smiley
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by Nobody: 1:53am On Jun 04, 2015
Solo8:

Highly doubt this is true, more Americans are denied entry into canada than the other way around. American has 320 million ppl, Canada only has. Has 30+ mil, that would make no sense by numbers alone. Don't get get your stats from TV shows, when cross I see more U.S. Being denied entry than Canadians.
The GDP of California alone is greater than that of the whole of Canada. There are more jobs in the US so you see more Canadians heading south. I work in the Energy service industry and 99% of non reusable fluids, tools, equipment and machinery we use are imported from the US. Can you even imagine Canada without Walmart, the Canadian energy industry without General Electric Waukesha machines, Cummins diesel engines, Caterpillar gas engines, Dresser Rands rotating equipments, Endyn compressors, Ford f150's e.t.c , I can't even imgaine what the economy of Canada would even look like without the Alberta Oil sands.
Also more Canadians go to the US to shop, stuffs are cheaper in the US (from clothes, to cigarette, toothpaste, to booze e.t.c). More Canadians go to the US on holiday. Hardly would you find an american coming to Canada for holiday, some even still believe we live in igloos.
Hence there are more people travelling south than those coming North which leads to more entry denial...This topic is open to debate though so I might still be wrong.

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by Nobody: 2:31am On Jun 04, 2015
DFodio:
he is still serving. Will be done with service by July.

Graduated with a 2.1
sponsored by Uncle.(Submitted docs related to Uncle. Bank statements, letter of introduction from company and the rest)
Full tuition for the two years msc paid.
receipt for accommodation for the next 6 months attached to the docs
letter of purpose.
submitted his call up letter and he states in his letter of purpose that he will be done by July.

Didn't submit personal statement of account cos he is not working
I believe those that have paid the full tuition and those with scholarship always stand a higher chance of being approved. Every other applicant would likely fall under the balance of probability and the VO's discretion.
richcasey:

lol team12 na wa ooo... everybody just dey call you sir. arrange the "f" put front of your name na.
With the kain cgpa wey she get..nothing wrong in addressing her as ''Sir'' on top ''do bale'' sef. grin
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by tnuola(f): 3:15am On Jun 04, 2015
saxywale:

With the kain cgpa wey she get..nothing wrong in addressing her as ''Sir'' on top ''do bale'' sef. grin

Lmao.. Truee
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by NaD720: 3:33am On Jun 04, 2015
tnuola:

Lmao.. Truee
Omg, Ma'am, Do you even sleep? At 3:15am and you still browsing on this threadHmmm, I guess it's the tension, I understand!
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by tnuola(f): 3:38am On Jun 04, 2015
NaD720:

Omg, Ma'am, Do you even sleep? At 3:15am and you still browsing on this threadHmmm, I guess it's the tension, I understand!

Which tension? :s

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by Joe980: 4:07am On Jun 04, 2015
tnuola:
Which tension? :s
cheesy Ko mo bo se nlo.

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by Solo8(m): 5:33am On Jun 04, 2015
saxywale:

The GDP of California alone is greater than that of the whole of Canada. There are more jobs in the US so you see more Canadians heading south. I work in the Energy service industry and 99% of non reusable fluids, tools, equipment and machinery we use are imported from the US. Can you even imagine Canada without Walmart, the Canadian energy industry without General Electric Waukesha machines, Cummins diesel engines, Caterpillar gas engines, Dresser Rands rotating equipments, Endyn compressors, Ford f150's e.t.c , I can't even imgaine what the economy of Canada would even look like without the Alberta Oil sands.
Also more Canadians go to the US to shop, stuffs are cheaper in the US (from clothes, to cigarette, toothpaste, to booze e.t.c). More Canadians go to the US on holiday. Hardly would you find an american coming to Canada for holiday, some even still believe we live in igloos.
Hence there are more people travelling south than those coming North which leads to more entry denial...This topic is open to debate though so I might still be wrong.

I agree with you if you say more Canadians travel up north than the other way around. Canadians love to travel, when ever I go on vacation I see way more Canadians than Americans for sure. Now the reason why most people get denied both ways are for criminal records or coming to work without a permit. Even if we imagine that both country has an equal percentage of people with criminal records ( I would guess that Canada probably has less), it's just such a huge number of people to thing that the U.S. Wouldn't come out on top. Now I'm really curious to see what that figure really is. We are just guessing.

My original questions though was what % of people that get their Canadian PR and then get denied citizenship. I'm curious, I personally have never met one.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by Onyeoma3: 6:51am On Jun 04, 2015
Fhemmmy:

If all you are paying is just 30% income tax, that means you are still within the average income and when you say that the gentleman is better than lots here, use the word lots with care though, and many like the gentleman might not be coming here cos of the $ figures but for other reasons . . . many are paying almost 50% income tax, all based on your salary range.

[b] Reading this post knowing at the same time the source of the post, I knew he was trying to pass a very important message across.

Hello guys, permit me to reintroduce baba Siga et Fhemmmy to the newbies:

From the history of this thread from part 1-7, Siga and Fhemmmy have contributed selflessly to this thread and are to an unarguably large extent one of the most humble guys as well in this thread. These guys have kids that are even up to the age of coming here to ask questions but still they make out time to contribute their wealth of experience and have proven track records of helping NLers in Canada beyond this thread. They come online despite their commitments (families, work and business combined), not to gain but borne out of passion to help our people. They are indeed a diamond in this thread.

NLers that have met then in person have always attested to these facts I stated above.

The moment I saw some posts that made reference to the posts I quoted above, I felt bad... But as usual, none of them will ever react, they'll always move on.

Like Mevisbleek, the first thing I'll like to know upon seeing such post is which province charges up to 50% so I'll always try my best to avoid working there in the nearest future and if it's unavoidable, plan a survival strategy when I find myself in such places.

In addition, as he rightly said, not all Nigerians come to Canada for the $$$. I have a family friend, he just got a PR on a business class with his entire family, his main purpose is just to come here every summer for holidays with his family, he's doing so well in Naija... He'll always tell me, "make sure you come back home after your studies when you might have acquired the knowledge and become equipped, Nigeria's economy is still untapped. Canada go use tax collect back all they pay to you at the end"...

I hope my post helps keep someone on the right track.

Much respect Baba Fhemmmy et Siga [/b]

12 Likes

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by Onyeoma3: 7:13am On Jun 04, 2015
[b] We seem to have high rate of refusal on this thread for 2 main reasons in my opinion:

1) 90% of visitors to this thread only come here to ask for guidance when their applications get rejected, hence the denial stories. This thread is more like a hospital than a recreational centre,one their issue gets resolved and they get their visa, you'll never see their break light again.

2) Most of us here joined this thread cos they had some difficulties at one point or the other, and needed help (pls don't quote attack me, I said most not all) from guys in here free of charge,considering the fact that agents will even want to collect the whole money the applicant might plan to use boosting his account. At times, their issues are resolved, they zoom off and won't even tell you they've got TRV except a few. They only come back when it doesn't work and they are denied.

Only a handful come to this thread and remain here borne out of passion to help others (God bless them real good).

Outside this thread, a lot of guys esp those from affluent homes get their TRVs like UK visa cos the money is there and the VOs don't have an option. (imagine a senator's child applying for Canada visa, what is he or she looking for in this thread?) ..

In summary, this thread is more like a traveling to Canada preparation centre (equivalent of a walk-in clinic)... How many healthy people do you see in the hospital except those that came for check up? (like some do come for check up here to confirm if their documents are on order before submitting). Even Jesus Christ said it in the Bible "Only the sick need the physician".

Whatever be the issue we have here pertaining our TRV application, by trying our best and putting God first in our TRV mission, we'll definitely get good news soonest.

All the best to all the applicants

N/b: There are more silent followers than active guys in this thread from my observation, most of the silent followers become temporarily active when they have issues or get denied [/b]

15 Likes

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by Graviton2(m): 7:19am On Jun 04, 2015
Snappyfingaz:

Just get your dad to beef up his account before you re-apply. Remember not to make a lump deposit. He can break funds and deposit over a period of time while you wait. As for your app nor touch am oh. Re-apply again with the only thing to be changed being your dad's statement of account and off course your admission letter (if you defer your admission that is).

Thanks a ton... smiley
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by Graviton2(m): 7:23am On Jun 04, 2015
NaD720:

Sorry about the delay. At least the reason for your refused was not much, So I think tackling that part, and re-applying ASAP would fix that loophole. Did you by any chance list the documents you packed in this thread?

Thanks. Already listed the documents - they weren't much.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by SeyiMiilan: 7:29am On Jun 04, 2015
[quote author=Onyeoma3 post=34408201]

Good
morning ma. 9ice write up.. U forgot to mention CHRIGO! My lil 1 kobo, we the new guys shldnt push away the old guys.. Even after trv, we might still need dier help.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by tnuola(f): 7:29am On Jun 04, 2015
Onyeoma3

Omg you couldn't have said it better, you are absolutely correct about people coming when they got stuck at some point in their app.
Infact all the points you stated are valid.

People also need to understand that a document looks tight/great in your eye doesn't mean the vo see's it same way, people need to take their time and make sure they get it right and give the vo's want they want based on different applicant's stories, though cases are handled differently you still learn one or two things from every case scenario.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by Nobody: 7:41am On Jun 04, 2015
"...Outside this thread, a lot of guys esp those from affluent homes get their TRVs like UK visa cos the money is there and the VOs don't have an option. (imagine a senator's child applying for Canada visa, what is he or she looking for in this thread?) .." -Onyema3

I disagree with this your statement.how many Nigerians travelling to canada visit this thread?Are you saying those who are less previllaged find it hard to get canny visa.if its an agent that made this statement what will you say?if you don't have proof, Don't make such comment.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by Onyeoma3: 7:58am On Jun 04, 2015
Preciousstones:
"...Outside this thread, a lot of guys esp those from affluent homes get their TRVs like UK visa cos the money is there and the VOs don't have an option. (imagine a senator's child applying for Canada visa, what is he or she looking for in this thread?) .." -Onyema3

I disagree with this your statement.how many Nigerians travelling to canada visit this thread?Are you saying those who are less previllaged find it hard to get canny visa.if its an agent that made this statement what will you say?if you don't have proof, Don't make such comment.

Pls, read my post and digest it very well one more time before quoting me.... I said outside this thread, a lot of guys which means this thread only hosts a fraction of many thousand visa applicants.

I said ESP which implies that not only the affluent ones are referred to when I say many applicants outside this thread.

When comparing the ratio of the affluent to the average ones like us that got visa, you'll see that the difference is much, though God's factor is the key determinant in every application.

And yes, I have a proof of everything I say in here... Last year alone, I know how many of my family friends I helped with their visa processing and they're currently chilling in Canada now... I didn't have to refer them here. The same is applicable to many experienced guys here. The likes of Haustraliah and mantiger and so many others do help their loved ones on regular basis and only inform the house when they have their TRVs.

Have a wonderful day maa

3 Likes

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by Ugochux(m): 8:01am On Jun 04, 2015
Preciousstones:

I support his statement..
Let me quote the Turkish Ambassador to Nigeria ''..the Nigerian was given visa because he came with strong Credentials and references..."
NB: (1) the 'Nigerian' is the son of the former Chief Justice of Nigeria.
(2)From what I heard, Its not that easy to get Turkish visa oo..
My humble Request - Let's not drag this further plss.. Let's just encourage the hopefuls/applicants
*cheers*
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by Nobody: 8:04am On Jun 04, 2015
Isn't it too early for this argument and counterarguments.

Contrary to most opinion, alot f people know who @Fhemmy and @Siga are, some of us have been posting on the thread since part 5; doesn't mean they cant disagree with their opinions sometimes, even though I absolutely saw nothing wrong in what Oga Fhemmy said about 50% tax-Twas just a simple case of people taking things out of context.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by Nobody: 8:07am On Jun 04, 2015
Onyeoma3:

Pls, read my post and digest it very well one more time before commenting on my post.... I said outside this thread, a lot of guys which means this thread only hosts a fraction of many thousand visa applicants.

I said ESP which implies that not only the affluent ones are referred to when I say many applicants outside this thread.

When comparing the ratio of the affluent to the average ones like us that got visa, you'll see that the difference is much, though God's factor is the key determinant in every application.

And yes, I have a proof of everything I say in here... Last year alone, I know how many of my family friends I helped with their visa processing and they're currently chilling in Canada now... I didn't have to refer them here. The same is applicable to many experienced guys here. The likes of Haustraliah and mantiger and so many others do help their loved ones on regular basis and only inform the house when they have their TRVs.

Have a wonderful day maa

Am not your boss so don't call me ma...so its family and friends that you are calling fraction of Nigeria?hmmm...this ya research eh
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by kfrosh: 8:08am On Jun 04, 2015
I wish I could love you for your post, lol grin no homo bro wink
Onyeoma3:

Pls, read my post and digest it very well one more time before quoting me.... I said outside this thread, a lot of guys which means this thread only hosts a fraction of many thousand visa applicants.

Have a wonderful day maa

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by Onyeoma3: 8:12am On Jun 04, 2015
darefestus:
Isn't it too early for this argument and counterarguments.

Contrary to most opinion, alot f people know who @Fhemmy and @Siga are, some of us have been posting on the thread since part 5; doesn't mean they cant disagree with their opinions sometimes , even though I absolutely saw nothing wrong in what Oga Fhemmy said about 50% tax-Twas just a simple case of people taking things out of context.

You're right bro but if my professor or tutor or an elder says something I disagree with, I'll rather say, "Sir, this is not true", than saying "Sir, you're a liar". I would rather be logical or diplomatic than being on the attacking side except if and only if that elder has a known history of being insincere
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by kfrosh: 8:13am On Jun 04, 2015
Move on guys. This is no argument, its too early for this. undecided
Preciousstones:

Am not your boss so don't call me ma...so its family and friends that you are calling fraction of Nigeria?hmmm...this ya research eh
Preciousstones:

[quote author=darefestus post=34410072]Isn't it too early for this argument and counterarguments.
Contrary to most opinion, alot f people know who @Fhemmy and @Siga are, some of us have been posting on the thread since part 5; doesn't mean they cant disagree with their opinions sometimes, even though I absolutely saw nothing wrong in what Oga Fhemmy said about 50% tax-Twas just a simple case of people taking things out of context.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by Nobody: 8:14am On Jun 04, 2015
Ugochux:

I support his statement..
Let me quote the Turkish Ambassador to Nigeria ''..the Nigerian was given visa because he came with strong Credentials and references..."
NB: (1) the 'Nigerian' is the son of the former Chief Justice of Nigeria.
(2)From what I heard, Its not that easy to get Turkish visa oo..
My humble Request - Let's not drag this further plss.. Let's just encourage the hopefuls/applicants
*cheers*

K,but there are Nigerians who get canadian visa one time they apply and they are not kids of top officials and they have not stepped a foot on this thread.most of them have not heard of nairaland.
Sorry for carrying another man's issue on your head.it was not an argument by the way
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by tnuola(f): 8:16am On Jun 04, 2015
LOL!!!!!!!

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by Onyeoma3: 8:17am On Jun 04, 2015
Preciousstones:

Am not your boss so don't call me ma... so its family and friends that you are calling fraction of Nigeria? hmmm...this ya research eh

No offence meant aunty Precious but I can sense something...it's like you read my posts upside down or your phone has a screen problem.

I never said a fraction of Nigeria. Nawa ooo

3 Likes

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by Graviton2(m): 8:20am On Jun 04, 2015
chrisviral:

Anyway for the upfront medicals, just walk in to any of the selected hospitals and tell them you want to do an up-front medicals, and gbam they just book you and do it! Takes only a day.

Are you back to owerri, you may wanna Use Prime medicals in PH.

Yeah, I am back in Owerri. This upfrront medicals, is it done before, during or after the application has been resubmitted?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by Onyeoma3: 8:20am On Jun 04, 2015
Someone should please tell this lady to look up the meaning of AFFLUENT in the dictionary. I guess that's where the confusion is coming from grin

3 Likes

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by Nobody: 8:22am On Jun 04, 2015
Onyeoma3:

No offence meant aunty Precious but I can sense something...it's like you read my posts upside down or your phone has a screen problem.

I never said a fraction of Nigeria. Nawa ooo

Do I look like your mother's sister? I thought you did a research?if I talk now you will say you are a father of teens and you 'll start reading your history for me how you joined this thread in 200...
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by Graviton2(m): 8:22am On Jun 04, 2015
pweetyfelicia:

They need to know whr funds will come from for the remaining years of study.You get? does ur sponsor have more dan one source of income? and how much does he earn annually? Answers to this will show that even after you 1st year, funds will be coming from angle A and angle B to pay for bills when you get to canada.And it will also prove that you can maintain yourself without working in deir yeye country.Presenting an SOA of five mill is not enough to study for 3/4yr course.
Please address this issue before reapplying, dnt be in a hurry.

He is a contractor with his own company...what documents do you suggest I submit in this regard.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by ethicalUser(m): 8:23am On Jun 04, 2015
Snappyfingaz:
Much delay being dished out lately... Those in the waiting must be pretty tensed right now but lets not take it personal. No one is against naija or Nigerians. We only get to see the denials here we don't really know how most of these apps were arranged. As per quota system I don't believe in that. Nothing like that exist. If it does they will be an official mention of it. Take the Federal Skilled Program for example, each and every year there's an official statement to let you know slots allocated to the respective occupation and vocations involved. So my people beg nothing like quota. If there is all these Asians here them nor suppose de give them visa again sef; them even plenty pass Canadians themselves.

The delays are much.. I got delayed too.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by Ugochux(m): 8:23am On Jun 04, 2015
Preciousstones:

K,but there are Nigerians who get canadian visa one time they apply and they are not kids of top officials and they have not stepped a foot on this thread.most of them have not heard of nairaland.
Sorry for carrying another man's issue on your head.it was not an argument by the way

ofcourse we all know that....
My badt!! I thought 'Agree + disagree = argument..lol
I no sabi maths shaa..
Are you in london already?lol

(1) (2) (3) ... (479) (480) (481) (482) (483) (484) (485) ... (502)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 / USA Visit Visa Part 3

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 99
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.