Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,161,168 members, 7,845,836 topics. Date: Friday, 31 May 2024 at 05:56 AM

Travelling To Canada Part 7 - Travel (61) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Travelling To Canada Part 7 (1160477 Views)

Travelling To Canada Part 9 / Travelling To Canada Part 8 / Travelling To Canada Part 6 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (58) (59) (60) (61) (62) (63) (64) ... (502) (Go Down)

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by Dam12: 6:01pm On Dec 23, 2014
Hello house please does anyone know any college that offers pdg in biotechnology or a uni where I can do pgd before masters...Thanks
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by Asalyn: 6:03pm On Dec 23, 2014
Passport collected today!!!!.....Ethiopian airline :jan 2nd, 2015

11 Likes

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by Anugoson(m): 6:05pm On Dec 23, 2014
misszionboo:
. Dats wat I don't knw now. I really need help on. Dis one.
It's better you keep your application devoid of any complicity(in terms of putting old picture claiming to be your step brother)...so that your documents won't lack credibility...add an affidavit of sponsorship and Letter of sponsorship in that view instead,then pray hard...you will come out with success...Many people have used someone not related to them as sponsors and they got their visas..

2 Likes

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by Anugoson(m): 6:11pm On Dec 23, 2014
Asalyn:
Congratulations!!!....Please can you list the documents you submitted...

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by Babahor: 6:14pm On Dec 23, 2014
Asalyn:
Congrats .will Ethiopian airline stop in US before arriving canada ?please answer cos I heard one cant transit in US without having American passport .
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by Asalyn: 6:19pm On Dec 23, 2014
@anuguson.....loA frm centennial college(diploma), SOA 6 months, affidavits, 2 pages of SOP well detailed, c of o, shares certificates and finally the ALMIGHTY.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by Asalyn: 6:23pm On Dec 23, 2014
@babhor......frm Los to addisa baba, frm addisa baba to Rome, frm Rome to Toronto YYZ

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by lassky(m): 6:45pm On Dec 23, 2014
@Asalyn did u use a sponsor or self sponsored? How much was d soa balance. From d list of ur docs I can see dat u didn't include an employment letter, how did u tackle dat? Share with us abeg. Btw CONGRATS on ur trv!
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by lilspiceyy(f): 6:54pm On Dec 23, 2014
Asalyn:
@anuguson.....loA frm centennial college(diploma), SOA 6 months, affidavits, 2 pages of SOP well detailed, c of o, shares certificates and finally the ALMIGHTY.
Congrats @Asalyn.finally, it's good to see someone (a diploma) applicant leaving for canada smiley. Now I knw it's all abt packaging. Next time there wld be no next time. Merry xmas everyone.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by Asalyn: 6:57pm On Dec 23, 2014
@lassky..I didn't use employment letter because am not working. Finished my service recently but I explained in my SOP dt av always wanted to further my studies and dt I was raised to believe d notion dt says "readers are leaders".
I used my pman as my sponsor and I submitted his recent promotion letter from civil service commission because he is a civil servant....hope ure gud with this?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by billtommy(m): 7:06pm On Dec 23, 2014
@asalyn congrats bros can you please share that your award-winning sop just like pchax? Thanks congrats once again
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by lilspiceyy(f): 7:09pm On Dec 23, 2014
Asalyn:
@Asalyn, I read here that u don't need to pay the application fee when applying to centennial college how true is dat? And how did u go about the application process pls share with me. Thanks.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by Nobody: 7:14pm On Dec 23, 2014
Babahor:

Congrats .will Ethiopian airline stop in US before arriving canada ?please answer cos I heard one cant transit in US without having American passport .

Ethiopian Airlines stop at Addis Abbaba and/maybe Rome too, then Toronto. I used them, didn't need no transit VISA

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by Asalyn: 7:34pm On Dec 23, 2014
@lilpssy...u dnt need to pay for application fee, it is safe to say the app is free when applying. There is someone in charge of admission for students from Nigeria serli@centennialcollege.com.tr, send a mail to dz address and also check out dz page http://www.centennialcollege.ca/international. D processing time is like 3wks and u wld be notify by dz guy dt a decision has bin made about your application. Juz get ur cv ready!!!....
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by larryshow40: 7:43pm On Dec 23, 2014
So No medical call today! .....its been 8weeks for me today..there is God ooo. Merry Xmas in advance to you all. God bless!
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by lilspiceyy(f): 7:45pm On Dec 23, 2014
Asalyn:
@lilpssy...u dnt need to pay for application fee, it is safe to say the app is free when applying. There is someone in charge of admission for students from Nigeria serli@centennialcollege.com.tr, send a mail to dz address and also check out dz page http://www.centennialcollege.ca/international. D processing time is like 3wks and u wld be notify by dz guy dt a decision has bin made about your application. Juz get ur cv ready!!!....
Thanks.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by misszionboo(f): 7:49pm On Dec 23, 2014
myownlife:

Why don't you just make affidafit of support andhe write a letter. A lot people here have used something like that without any relationship with the sponsor. It very delicate to have any false claim in you app. I have a friend now in Canada on permanent resident that has claimed his fiancee as his sister. Now they are married but the lady can't just migrate and they almost deported him and his brother that had been their 7yrs earlier.
I am advising because that person might want to one day come to Canada and he will have to fill the family background form as well. So be careful!
thanks a lot. Will just. Have him write a letter of support nd affidavit.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by misszionboo(f): 7:53pm On Dec 23, 2014
Asalyn:
. Congrats. I key into urs for mine. Almighty is involved.

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by misszionboo(f): 7:59pm On Dec 23, 2014
Hello house. Please can someone pls send me what a sponsors letter should look like. Thanks in adv. Misszionboo@gmail.com
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by toucheli(m): 8:11pm On Dec 23, 2014
ThatWarriBoy:

Please Toucheli, did u do an upfront medical examination? Cos i m hoping mine can be as fast as urs. I applied online, attached my poilce character certificate and eMedical sheet, and I have also paid my tuition fees for the Winter term.

What else did u do that you think made urs this fast. I know its God ultimately but just enlighten me about the things you did dt u felt made it quick.
what do you mean by up-front medical? I did my medical couple days after I was asked to.
I can't really be precise about what made mine fast, but then again I'll suggest you present the following along side with once you already mentioned; Attestation of birth from National Population Commission, Affidavit of support/sponsor notarized by a Notary public service, I also paid 1 year tuition and a part payment for accommodation, the receipt were attached. However, I could vividly remember back then, that someone didn't pay fees and still got his trv literally, just so know I'm not certain if really the fees payment actually did boost the process, just be sure of the authenticity of every doc you are presenting, in other words, try as much as possible to keep your docs formal in a latter headed paper and leave the rest to God, it should be a good run.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by kfrosh: 8:20pm On Dec 23, 2014
Bro, So u got your TRV with with a Diploma application, thats nice. Do u posses a B.Sc too?
Asalyn:
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by Tsola6: 8:30pm On Dec 23, 2014
Pp request finally. God be praised

9 Likes

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by mesh2003(f): 8:30pm On Dec 23, 2014
ekpblues8:
hello houes,pls i would like to enquire who is going to North Island College,BC for April resumption?

just got in for winter 2015
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by misszionboo(f): 8:40pm On Dec 23, 2014
Tsola6:
Pp request finally. God be praised
. Congrats. Enough good news today.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by Ajishegs: 8:47pm On Dec 23, 2014
Pls house, I need ur help on this,

I was issued trv thru a lambton admission letter , although I got an admission to U of regina after I have submitted my application for study permit with lambton admission letter. U Of regina has been my intended school which I would love to attend. I am aware that sm1 can cross to another school after landing and I dont have to apply for change of conditions on the study permit which I would get at d POE as long as it is a post secondary studies, then for doz that got the study permit at POE, does the name of the school appeared on it??

pls I need advice on this.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by Tsola6: 8:54pm On Dec 23, 2014
Abt ur app
I won't advise u to lie tho, but my half brother was my sponsor, different fathers so different surnames. Dint provide any proof cos I rili had none. He doesn't ve a birth cert and we have no pictures together. All I had were prayers. Tz not an impossible route to take. That's all Im saying.
[quote author=misszionboo post=29145853]. Congrats. Enough good news today. [/quo
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by Dam12: 9:35pm On Dec 23, 2014
Dam12:
Hello house please does anyone know any college that offers pdg in biotechnology or a uni where I can do pgd before masters...Thanks
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by mrnilobrawn: 9:39pm On Dec 23, 2014
mrnilobrawn:
Ok, here is the current timeline...

[b]
LIST OF TRV HOPEFULS ( WINTER - JAN 2015 )
1. standupguy: OCTOBER 8, Conestoga college, online, PG delayed aprx 8 weeks
2. redribs: OCTOBER 20, UOttawa, Online, PG. MED & TRV aprx 9weeks CONGRATULATIONS
3. meritdee: OCTOBER 10, Humber, online, Adv dip delayed aprx 8weeks
4. Cufs: OCTOBER 14, Uni of Lethbridge, paper, 2nd UG. delayed aprx 8weeks
5. Babahor: OCTOBER 15, seneca college, online, PG.MED & TRV aprx 9weeks CONGRATULATIONS
5b. twinkledammy: Oct 12 UofReg online UG MED & TRV aprx 10 weeks , CONGRATULATIONS
6. showfz: OCTOBER 16, Red River college, online, diploma delayed aprx 7weeks
7. newbie2014: OCTOBER 16, GBC, online, PG.
8. moshood1993: OCTOBER 17, Lambton college, online, PG. delayed 7 weeks
9. holyjacket: OCTOBER 17, U of Alberta, online, PG. MED & TRV aprx 9weeks CONGRATULATIONS
10. holu26: OCTOBER 17, Uni of Lethbridge, online, UG. med & TRV aprx 8 weeks , CONGRATULATIONS
11. blink6: OCTOBER 21, MUN, online, UG.MED & TRV aprx 9weeks CONGRATULATIONS
12. Akinmoj: OCTOBER 20, Brandon Uni, Paper, UG.
13. chops33: OCTOBER 22, Brandon uni, online, UG. Delayed aprx 7weeks
14. Tnuola: OCTOBER 23, Lambton college, paper, PG.
15. basukajoe: October 24, Niagara College, Paper, PG delayed aprx 7 weeks
15a. hudsonbanks: October 28, Uni of Calgary, online, PG MEDICAL aprx 8weeks
15b: Halimaah:October29, online, humber college, PGD.
15c. okchris:Oct 29 Lambton College. Online. PG.
16d. kennycooly: Oct 31, CIMT college, PGD, Online
16 Joe980: NOVEMBER 1, UOttawa, paper, PG. MED & TRV aprx 8weeks
17. castiello: NOVEMBER 2, York University, online, PG.
18. Chuckie414: NOVEMBER 3 ,SAIT, paper, UG. Delayed 5weeks
19. warrikid: NOVEMBER 4, Humber college, online, PG.
20. mrnilobrawn: Nov 6, UNB, Online, PG
21. mamula: NOVEMBER 17, Seneca, online, PG
22. bellniki1: Nov 19, Niagara college, paper.
23. Padike: NOV 19, Carleton Uni, Ottawa, PG winter 2015 Online
24. myownlife: Nov. 21, Red River College, MB, Online.

If you have admission
and have applied for TRV

Please provide the following information
**Submission date**Institution*
**Mode of submission: Online/Paper
**level of study

[/b] UPDATED
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by akanni(m): 9:47pm On Dec 23, 2014
Ajishegs:
Pls house, I need ur help on this,

I was issued trv thru a lambton admission letter , although I got an admission to U of regina after I have submitted my application for study permit with lambton admission letter. U Of regina has been my intended school which I would love to attend. I am aware that sm1 can cross to another school after landing and I dont have to apply for change of conditions on the study permit which I would get at d POE as long as it is a post secondary studies, then for doz that got the study permit at POE, does the name of the school appeared on it??

pls I need advice on this.

No, study permit doesn't carry name of school.Just ensure you change your DLI on the CIC portal before you go so recrods will show that is your intended school.I changed mine like 2 times because i got my trv late with a different school, got admitted to 2 other school.You will be ok.just log into your cic account and look for change DLI i think.cheers

2 Likes

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by 5p1naz(m): 9:52pm On Dec 23, 2014
pchax:

Why can't you use your current job

To me any job can be used as a link to what your study if you add a proper spin to it. You said you are a Director in a company so I would try and phrase a way you can link that to Architecture. I would be assuming your company did some remodelling on their office space or ware-house or whatever building you operate from. Mind you, I do not know anything about architecture or your area of proposed research so bear with me.

"...serving as a director on the board of XYZ company has afforded me the opportunity to gain some insight into management and basically bridging the gap between theoretical learning in school and real life experiences. One of such experiences happened when I was overseeing the remodelling of our office space. Using my background from school, I was able to brainstorm with the contracted architect with more efficient ways through which we can maximize office space while maintaining an eco-friendly environment. The solution we came up with sparked an interest in me and I continued looking for more efficient ways to achieve the same result. This led me to read some research papers on the relationship between architecture and a green environment. Hence, my decision to pursue an MSc in Architecture with focus on green-Architecture..."

As I said earlier on, I do not know jack about architecture or your experience or your proposed research field. I just wanted to let you know that any kind of work you have done is a valuable experience and with the right amount of thought, you can put a spin on it and link it to your proposed MSc field. Best of luck.

Thanks for the response. just what i was looking for. the sample you made works for me because i actually remodeled a lot of the office spaces and also remodeled the layout of the company site. really appreciate.

cheers
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by 5p1naz(m): 9:52pm On Dec 23, 2014
pchax:

Cool schools. Just study the admission requirements like the back of your hand. Mail the grad secretary of the department and make enquiries as often as possible. You should get in bu God's Grace.

Wishing you the best bro!

thanks bro.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by mrnilobrawn: 10:00pm On Dec 23, 2014
tnuola:
Whats the plan dear

(1) (2) (3) ... (58) (59) (60) (61) (62) (63) (64) ... (502)

Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 / USA Visit Visa Part 3 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.