Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,166,555 members, 7,865,308 topics. Date: Wednesday, 19 June 2024 at 03:27 PM

Travelling To Canada Part 7 - Travel (78) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Travelling To Canada Part 7 (1168802 Views)

Travelling To Canada Part 9 / Travelling To Canada Part 8 / Travelling To Canada Part 6 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (75) (76) (77) (78) (79) (80) (81) ... (502) (Go Down)

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by warrikid(m): 6:08pm On Dec 30, 2014
Fellow awaitees,no good news yet? Less than 30hrs to the expiration of 2014 ooooo. Choiiii.

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by jamsey(m): 6:36pm On Dec 30, 2014
Mirror97:
If you can provide 15M with a reliable source you are good to go but its nt a must.. minimum of 6M
bros do u tink is possible for somebody to ve 15 million in account in dis nija dat is not politician
..i thought dat it is d account statement record that will determine..or wat..how can i get a sponsor wit 15 million in account...wat of shares and asset sir?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by tnuola(f): 7:02pm On Dec 30, 2014
diamondsare4eva:
Is CIC on holiday? Application is almost 8 weeks. Any news on medical this week

Be hopeful, contact your school and have them get in touch with the Canadian embassy.. My application will be 10 weeks on thursday
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by tnuola(f): 7:18pm On Dec 30, 2014
Akin26:

thanks so much I appreciate ...
1.my sponsor his my uncle. he stated it in the sponsorship letter that am his nephew.. thou I dint put his employment letter in my applications cause it was not stated there I needed such.
2. I studied History and international studies in school...but am changing my field I applied for pgd in international business management at fleming college ( I have a back ground in it which I stated in my application)
3.presently am unemployed finished my nysc in October 2013..basically since no job was forthcoming i put all my attention and time in graduate program in Canada. applied to Memorial university early in the year bur it dint click...

1. Well since you produced his statement of account, you should have produced his source of income I.e employment letter if he is employed or company registration documents if he is a business owner.

2. Asides stating in your app that you have background in your intended course of study did you prove it or have it reflect in your CV or something.

3. You should add that you've been busy, even if its as a trainee

2 Likes

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by diamondsare4eva: 7:22pm On Dec 30, 2014
@tnuola, the Lord will do it for us. The wait will end in joy and celebration.
The school cannot influence whatever the embassy does. They are 2 different entities. We can only hope for the best

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by tnuola(f): 7:35pm On Dec 30, 2014
diamondsare4eva:
@tnuola, the Lord will do it for us. The wait will end in joy and celebration.
The school cannot influence whatever the embassy does. They are 2 different entities. We can only hope for the best

Well contact them first.
My school mailed the embassy to let them that they will be willing to accept me in class even if I come later , and I'll be trained separately. So that can influence them into getting my trv stamped instead of asking for a new start date, as the next one is in September. I suggest you have your school do the same.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by Nobody: 7:36pm On Dec 30, 2014
fabuloustee:

Are u kidding me -21 without gloves nd head warmer.......na beg I dey beg u o always dress warm o, welland is located in Niagara region Ontario

I wasn't outside for long. Just a short walk from a cafe to the car. Nor worry, i go take heed to your advice sha. *smiles*
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by pweetyfelicia: 7:36pm On Dec 30, 2014
hello ause..am looking forward to apply for a 3yr diploma course. pls I will lik to knw if d embassy won't frown at the length of this program.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by Nobody: 7:38pm On Dec 30, 2014
billtommy:
@snappyfingaz congrats on your trv!!!! Did you show proof of relations......between your maternal uncle and you?

Thank you!

I didn't show anything. Just the sponsor letter from my uncle with him simply stating I am his nephew and he is sponsoring me.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by tnuola(f): 7:41pm On Dec 30, 2014
@Halimaah any news from your end?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by Halimaah: 7:41pm On Dec 30, 2014
Fellow awaitees, this wait is emotionally exhausting . I can't seem to do anything without thinking about CIC, school resumes next week. May we receive good news. There is God o....
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by double08(m): 7:42pm On Dec 30, 2014
@sodikworld where u @ buddy.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by Halimaah: 7:43pm On Dec 30, 2014
Tnuola... No news yet o. I was just going to ask you too. Chaii!! God help us.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by tnuola(f): 7:46pm On Dec 30, 2014
Halimaah:
Tnuola... No news yet o. I was just going to ask you too. Chaii!! God help us.

It is well sha.. Please contact your school , so they know the situation of things
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by mrnilobrawn: 7:48pm On Dec 30, 2014
tnuola:

Well contact them first.
My school mailed the embassy to let them that they will be willing to accept me in class even if I come later , and I'll be trained separately. So that can influence them into getting my trv stamped instead of asking for a new start date, as the next one is in September. I suggest you have your school do the same.
did you mail the embassy yourself?

I ask my school to write to the embassy to expedite my visa application, but they repplied that they are not in position to that. But if embassy require any letter from them, they willl be happy to provide.

Am not sure I did enjoy the xmas tho
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by mrnilobrawn: 8:00pm On Dec 30, 2014
There ought to be goodnews today nah......
Waitin come dey hapen?

Truth be told......the waiting period is not easy..but the JOY atlast is incomparable

2 Likes

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by tnuola(f): 8:14pm On Dec 30, 2014
mrnilobrawn:

did you mail the embassy yourself?

I ask my school to write to the embassy to expedite my visa application, but they repplied that they are not in position to that. But if embassy require any letter from them, they willl be happy to provide.

Am not sure I did enjoy the xmas tho

Was copied in the mail the school sent to the embassy
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by loladeoye: 8:32pm On Dec 30, 2014
tnuola:

Was copied in the mail the school sent to the embassy

Please can you give us the adress of embassy the mail was sent to. i would like to request my school do the same.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by brickfield1: 9:06pm On Dec 30, 2014
Good day my people
I think the good news should start falling in from tomorrow..
Please house,
1 Is it a must I get a study leave frm my company? I'm just 4months old in the company. I honestly don't want the company to know about this.

2. My salary acct is also 4months old since I'm new in the company, wht do I do in this case?

3 I'm taking a complete U-turn from B.sc Biological Science to PGD Human Resources, I know less to nothing about HR, how do I justify this?

I intend to submit ma application 2nd week in january.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by Nobody: 9:22pm On Dec 30, 2014
brickfield1:
Good day my people
I think the good news should start falling in from tomorrow..
Please house,
1 Is it a must I get a study leave frm my company? I'm just 4months old in the company. I honestly don't want the company to know about this.

2. My salary acct is also 4months old since I'm new in the company, wht do I do in this case?

3 I'm taking a complete U-turn from B.sc Biological Science to PGD Human Resources, I know less to nothing about HR, how do I justify this?

I intend to submit ma application 2nd week in january.

1. Why don't you want them to know? Ask your human resource manager; if the company can get you a study leave letter then go get it.

2. You only need a 4 months statement of account for your application so you're good to go.

3. No idea
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by Ebola(f): 9:29pm On Dec 30, 2014
Snappyfingaz:

1. Why don't you want them to know? Ask your human resource manager; if the company can get you a study leave letter then go get it.

There are different dynamics for different companies and I for one can understand one wanting to do things codedly until they materialize. I did not use any study leave letter from my company as it is even against policy. They won't give such letters because your job is not guaranteed if you leave for studies.
In my case, I only used my payslips and Pension statement which corroborated my place of employment. You can also show your letter of employment I guess.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by Ebola(f): 9:45pm On Dec 30, 2014
My dear nairalanders! Abeg make una help me thank God. I finally landed in Montreal last night. Twas not an easy journey. I flew using Royal Air Maroc and though the flight experience was fair enough, the customer service was not. I waited in Casablanca for a total of 12hrs as my flight was unceremoniously delayed for abt 8hrs. So everyone be duly adviced. I thank God for safe journey sha. After leaving naija by 6.40am, I arrived Montreal at 11.45pm. Montreal is 6hrs behind naija time.

In the course of this experience, I met a NL who showed me truly what being a true brother's keeper is. Right on this thread, I asked if anyone was in my school and he responded. Since then, he has been assisting me in making my transition smooth. He got a friend to squat me in her crib while she travels to naija for some tine off and he also came to the airport to pick me, even at that very late hour. I got to the apartment at abt 2am after which he left for his place in temperature of abt -8 degrees Celsius. All these for a stranger he had never. I pay this tribute to him and pray God blesses you in a special way for showing kindness to a stranger and repay you in a million ways. I in turn will do same and more for someone cos you did for me. God bless you mightily.

24 Likes

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by brickfield1: 9:50pm On Dec 30, 2014
Ebola:

There are different dynamics for different companies and I for one can understand one wanting to do things codedly until they materialize. I did not use any study leave letter from my company as it is even against policy. They won't give such letters because your job is not guaranteed if you leave for studies.
In my case, I only used my payslips and Pension statement which corroborated my place of employment. You can also show your letter of employment I guess.

You actually got my point.. Since I can use my employment letter then I think I'm good to go... I pray I get it right this time cos 2011 still hurts..
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by Mirror97: 10:12pm On Dec 30, 2014
Shares and asset are also good
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by SantohFilz(m): 11:00pm On Dec 30, 2014
@futurewiser... I already gained admission into UPEI for my UG studies...UPEI does not allow payment with your credit card, you have to wire transfer the money to them..
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by misszionboo(f): 11:03pm On Dec 30, 2014
Snappyfingaz:

I wasn't outside for long. Just a short walk from a cafe to the car. Nor worry, i go take heed to your advice sha. *smiles*
. Re u in niagara college?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by tofam3k3(m): 11:23pm On Dec 30, 2014
Na wa o!....so all the MUN ppl dey hide abi?....dariz God o! cheesy
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by Akin26: 11:26pm On Dec 30, 2014
tnuola:

1. Well since you produced his statement of account, you should have produced his source of income I.e employment letter if he is employed or company registration documents if he is a business owner.

2. Asides stating in your app that you have background in your intended course of study did you prove it or have it reflect in your CV or something.

3. You should add that you've been busy, even if its as a trainee
Thanks so much sis...I will include dis and every other thing have learnt in dis house and re-fire...Thanks so much have learnt a lot since joining this house..God bless you all.

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by misszionboo(f): 11:30pm On Dec 30, 2014
fabuloustee:

Are u kidding me -21 without gloves nd head warmer.......na beg I dey beg u o always dress warm o, welland is located in Niagara region Ontario
@fabuloustee. Wat re u studying, nd in wat sch. Ve u been able to write Nclex yet. I'm coming for a Pgd in critical. Care nursing in niagara college. Do. U think I ccan do Nclex after dat. Ve my general nursing nd psychiatric nursing. Already.ur response will be highly appreciated.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by misszionboo(f): 11:31pm On Dec 30, 2014
T
fabuloustee:

@fabuloustee. Wat re u studying, nd in wat sch. Ve u been able to write Nclex yet. I'm coming for a Pgd in critical. Care nursing in niagara college. Do. U think I ccan do Nclex after dat. Ve my general nursing nd psychiatric nursing. Already.ur response will be highly appreciated.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by tnuola(f): 11:49pm On Dec 30, 2014
Akin26:

Thanks so much sis...I will include dis and every other thing have learnt in dis house and re-fire...Thanks so much have learnt a lot since joining this house..God bless you all.

Yw.. Please don't stop reading the thread, you can start from part 5 and read in bits
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by Akin26: 11:54pm On Dec 30, 2014
tnuola:

Yw.. Please don't stop reading the thread, you can start from part 5 and read in bits
yes am doing that already.. God will answer your prayer also...we are celebrating with you next..

(1) (2) (3) ... (75) (76) (77) (78) (79) (80) (81) ... (502)

Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 / USA Visit Visa Part 3 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.