Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,133 members, 7,818,401 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 02:32 PM

Help! My System's Audio Is Not Working - Computers - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / Help! My System's Audio Is Not Working (988 Views)

Mobile Broadband Not Working On Windows 8.1! Pls Help!! / Iwp Not Working Since The Past Two Days / Help My Toshiba Camera Is Not Working (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Help! My System's Audio Is Not Working by kingphilip(m): 4:19am On Dec 09, 2014
I'm using a hp laptop with 630 model
for over a week now my system's audio have gone mute.. I've pressed the mute key on the keyboard and it shows a sign of the system being muted and on pressing the key the sign goes off to show it's not mute but on playing a music or video with the system, the sounds won't be coming out..
please all the computer gurus in the house what should I do to make the system work again?
Re: Help! My System's Audio Is Not Working by html14java(f): 5:43am On Dec 09, 2014
yes... I face similar challenge with my acer aspire one. Gurus, Pls dont relent. Thanks in advance.
Re: Help! My System's Audio Is Not Working by Lexusgs430: 9:30am On Dec 09, 2014
Check your device manager, to see if relevant drivers are installed and working well.
Re: Help! My System's Audio Is Not Working by koseepaaro(m): 10:52am On Dec 09, 2014
What Operating System (OS) is your computer using? You can try to manually unmute your sound by right-clicking on the sound logo on the bottom right side of the screen (on the task bar) and select "Adjust Volume Control" or similar grammar. Then, explore the dialog box that appear and look for a way of unmarking any option that says "Mute Sound" or "Mute Audio". Then, click on "Apply" or "OK" button. Good luck to you.
Re: Help! My System's Audio Is Not Working by cikranco: 11:26am On Dec 09, 2014
Adjust the setting if it still not working then buy a driver software called solution pack 13 or 14
Re: Help! My System's Audio Is Not Working by maxjax(m): 4:10pm On Dec 09, 2014
do a system restore and revert back to when the audio system was good. Perhaps there was a system update that caused the mess
Re: Help! My System's Audio Is Not Working by kingphilip(m): 5:30pm On Dec 09, 2014
Lexusgs430:
Check your device manager, to see if relevant drivers are installed and working well.
please how do I do this
Re: Help! My System's Audio Is Not Working by kingphilip(m): 5:31pm On Dec 09, 2014
koseepaaro:
What Operating System (OS) is your computer using? You can try to manually unmute your sound by right-clicking on the sound logo on the bottom right side of the screen (on the task bar) and select "Adjust Volume Control" or similar grammar. Then, explore the dialog box that appear and look for a way of unmarking any option that says "Mute Sound" or "Mute Audio". Then, click on "Apply" or "OK" button. Good luck to you.
I've done all these n it's still mute
Re: Help! My System's Audio Is Not Working by kingphilip(m): 5:33pm On Dec 09, 2014
cikranco:
Adjust the setting if it still not working then buy a driver software called solution pack 13 or 14
I've done the adjustment n still not working

maybe after I've tried other advice I'll get the pack

thanks
Re: Help! My System's Audio Is Not Working by kingphilip(m): 5:34pm On Dec 09, 2014
maxjax:
do a system restore and revert back to when the audio system was good. Perhaps there was a system update that caused the mess
.please hw can a system restore b done lemme check that out

thanks
Re: Help! My System's Audio Is Not Working by bongolistik(m): 8:13pm On Dec 09, 2014
Do dis simple thing and u might jst get it back. When ur system is on, jst restart it by nt shorting it down o...dnt short down, jst restart
Re: Help! My System's Audio Is Not Working by Lexusgs430: 11:33pm On Dec 09, 2014
kingphilip:

please how do I do this

Depending on your operating system (windows 7) control panel - systems security-system- device manager and check for icons in yellow (it depicts lacking drivers).
Re: Help! My System's Audio Is Not Working by Harmilly: 4:13am On Dec 10, 2014
kingphilip:
I'm using a hp laptop with 630 model
for over a week now my system's audio have gone mute.. I've pressed the mute key on the keyboard and it shows a sign of the system being muted and on pressing the key the sign goes off to show it's not mute but on playing a music or video with the system, the sounds won't be coming out..
please all the computer gurus in the house what should I do to make the system work again?
if u wanna buy speaker for ur system kindly get in touch with me on 08136537584 I will hlp u fix it up @ an affordable rate
Re: Help! My System's Audio Is Not Working by maxjax(m): 10:17am On Dec 10, 2014
kingphilip:
.please hw can a system restore b done lemme check that out

thanks

click the START button type Restore on the search bar and click restore your system to an earlier time also......a dialog box pops out select ''choose a different restore point'' also check the box where u see ''show more restore point'' before u select what point you want the system restore to.

(1) (Reply)

Best Online Shops For Buying Laptops. / How To Use Whats App Web On Fire Fox / HP Elitebook 8540p And Hp Elitebook 4880p Which Is Better

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.