Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,001 members, 7,825,101 topics. Date: Sunday, 12 May 2024 at 06:48 AM

Am I The Only Person That Thinks little Wayne Is So Overrated. - Music/Radio - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Music/Radio / Am I The Only Person That Thinks little Wayne Is So Overrated. (3147 Views)

Sorry, Slim, But Lil Wayne Is The Greatest MC Alive / American Rap Artiste, Lil Wayne Is Dead? / Am I The Only Person Who Doesn't Like D'banj's Oliver Twist (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Am I The Only Person That Thinks little Wayne Is So Overrated. by OgidiBoy(m): 7:40am On Dec 04, 2008
I'm tired of all this little Wayne nonsense  I hear he just got 8 Grammy nominations. The no talent  ghetto leprecon is just allover the place. angry angry

Just google Lil wayne overated and see angry

http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&rls=GGLF,GGLF:2006-48,GGLF:en&sa=X&oi=spell&resnum=0&ct=result&cd=1&q=Lil+wayne+overrated&spell=1
Re: Am I The Only Person That Thinks little Wayne Is So Overrated. by jgirl3: 8:01am On Dec 04, 2008
Lil' Wayne is not overrated!
Have you heard Tha Carter III?
I seriously loved at least 12 of the tracks on that 16-track cd.

Lollipop was hot.
Mr. Carter was better
Mrs. Officer? Don't get me started.
Got money? A hustler anthem now.
3 peat- I just love it.
Dr. Carter? Not as good but good enough to dazzle.
A milli? Do y'all want me to go on and on?

He deserves all the nominations this year as far as I'm concerned.
Plus, he reps my resident city too well for my own good cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: Am I The Only Person That Thinks little Wayne Is So Overrated. by bgees(m): 9:02am On Dec 04, 2008
You are not alone.

Lil'wayne is grossly overhyped. The world is getting deaf. Many can't even recognize good rap music.
The guy is so wack.in fact, he could be d wackest rapper alive.
Re: Am I The Only Person That Thinks little Wayne Is So Overrated. by Freewilly(f): 9:04am On Dec 04, 2008
The dude is lame, what ever happened to hip-hop.
Re: Am I The Only Person That Thinks little Wayne Is So Overrated. by tosinadeda: 9:06am On Dec 04, 2008
overated ko overated ni
nonsense angry
doubt if u av any of his albums
Re: Am I The Only Person That Thinks little Wayne Is So Overrated. by Modups1(f): 9:59am On Dec 04, 2008
dis dude is seriously overhyped as far as am concerned
Re: Am I The Only Person That Thinks little Wayne Is So Overrated. by tosinadeda: 10:08am On Dec 04, 2008
OgidiBoy:

I'm tired of all this little Wayne nonsense I hear he just got 8 Grammy nominations. The no talent ghetto leprecon is just allover the place. angry angry

u know say the people wey dey do grammy, dem be fools abi
abi the people wey just dey feature am, dem be ode
Re: Am I The Only Person That Thinks little Wayne Is So Overrated. by Modups1(f): 10:50am On Dec 04, 2008
dem no be ode or mumu but because he has been so overhyped and d reigning rapper they have to feature him here and there so as to make hits and money
its all bout da benjamins
Re: Am I The Only Person That Thinks little Wayne Is So Overrated. by bgees(m): 11:11am On Dec 04, 2008
Its easy to see that people who featured him on their songs only did it for commercial purposes.
THE GUY IS WACK.CCC(case closed casket!
Re: Am I The Only Person That Thinks little Wayne Is So Overrated. by spikedcylinder: 11:28am On Dec 04, 2008
L I L wayne ko, L I L Abunna ni. Wetin the guy dey sing? Music culture is dead. undecided undecided
Re: Am I The Only Person That Thinks little Wayne Is So Overrated. by tosinadeda: 12:46pm On Dec 04, 2008
Get his albums jare
Re: Am I The Only Person That Thinks little Wayne Is So Overrated. by khanye(m): 1:04pm On Dec 04, 2008
Hip Pop is all about Lyrics.Not nursery ryhmes Weezey got that and he's one of da best!

check some of his Lyrics here:

"Out Here Grindin" - [Lil Wayne]
Hahhhaha
And we are the best
And weezy be the shhh
Like two H's after S
I got these niggas on shhh
Like I gon deaf
And I'm right right
And your wrong left
Hahahahaha
Check out this bizarre
I am regularly irregular
Khaled best DJ
Weezy best rapper
If Khaled say
It's a movie
Then weezy best actor

"Gettin' Money Boy" - Lil Wayne

I get money like bill collecters
I shine like wheel reflectors
You can talk all the trash you want ive been sprayed with hater protector
I been bakin in there for breakfast with steak as the appetizer
And Three Six Mafia just happens to be my financial advisor
I whip black and lay back pop Os and Rolls Royces
I done been up in a movie bitch sequel to choices I get calls from other movie producers wanna use my music
And you better believe if i let em i get paid for doin it

Check that out, Word!!!
Re: Am I The Only Person That Thinks little Wayne Is So Overrated. by tosinadeda: 1:07pm On Dec 04, 2008
Tel them o!
Re: Am I The Only Person That Thinks little Wayne Is So Overrated. by Okijajuju1(m): 1:20pm On Dec 04, 2008
Is lil Wayne over-rated??

Answer: No

Is he over-hyped??

Answer?? Maybe a little

Does he make good music??

Answer: Hells yes

In my opinion, he is alright, not really what I'll call hip-hop, but lets admit it, his tracks are hot. His features are good, the track with game was sick. All round I'll say his what he is right now, the reigning new hype.
Re: Am I The Only Person That Thinks little Wayne Is So Overrated. by OgidiBoy(m): 10:59pm On Dec 04, 2008
For all those who think that little ghetto thug is not over rated wait a  few more months when the hype is all over. the backlash on that little monkey is going to be  so rough, I have a feeling his going to commit suicide. The dude can't even play a freaking gaiter but is always with one. angry
Re: Am I The Only Person That Thinks little Wayne Is So Overrated. by KarmaMod(f): 3:25am On Dec 05, 2008
That troll doesnt even speak English. He just foams at the mouth and mumbles crap
Re: Am I The Only Person That Thinks little Wayne Is So Overrated. by akpumpin1: 4:17am On Dec 05, 2008
men that guy is da bomb! any album/track he features turns to gold. try go see last BET HIP-HOP AWARD anchored by T-PAIN and listen to what T-PAIN says at the beginning of the award. i know the grammy award organizers are not dumb, the same goes to BET, MTV.u like it or not this guy is flying high. his ryhme is unique the same goes to T-pain.
Re: Am I The Only Person That Thinks little Wayne Is So Overrated. by simonseez: 7:09am On Dec 05, 2008
I agree with u, i sincerely think he is not as good as people make him to seem, i've got a lot of his tracks on my lap and i 've listened to them and i still cant figure out y there is so much hype, i like the whole a millie series aside that i like him on a track he's featured like on paula deanda, busta rhymes etc, but on his own, it aint werking for me
Re: Am I The Only Person That Thinks little Wayne Is So Overrated. by shilling(f): 8:48am On Dec 05, 2008
I agree with you. He is totally overrated.
Re: Am I The Only Person That Thinks little Wayne Is So Overrated. by Modups1(f): 9:45am On Dec 05, 2008
bgees:

THE GUY IS WACK.CCC(case closed casket!

spikedcylinder:

L I L wayne ko, L I L Abunna ni. Wetin the guy dey sing? Music culture is dead. undecided undecided

OgidiBoy:

For all those who think that little ghetto thug is not over rated wait a  few more months when the hype is all over. the backlash on that little monkey is going to be  so rough, I have a feeling his going to commit suicide. The dude can't even play a freaking gaiter but is always with one. /quote]

KarmaMod link=topic=203566.msg3183522#msg3183522 date=1228443909:

That troll doesnt even speak English. He just foams at the mouth and mumbles crap

grin grin grin cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy grin grin grin seroiusly u guys had me rolling on da floor with lafta
Re: Am I The Only Person That Thinks little Wayne Is So Overrated. by EeCee: 12:37am On Dec 06, 2008
Bobs,this one don pass personal opinion.sha na beef?the guy is good,not wit his looks and as 9ice said "na turn by turn"i tink wat u shud be doin is prayin 4 urs instead of hating
Re: Am I The Only Person That Thinks little Wayne Is So Overrated. by Shaz(f): 2:27am On Dec 06, 2008
he's good but overhyped.
Re: Am I The Only Person That Thinks little Wayne Is So Overrated. by shakamc(m): 2:39am On Dec 06, 2008
Re: Am I The Only Person That Thinks little Wayne Is So Overrated. by A40(m): 3:30am On Dec 06, 2008
Hmm inasmuch as i don't think he is the best rapper around it can't be denied that this dude has stepped his game up and made serious improvements go and Listen to him on Go DJ and his earlier works and see how far he has come dude has paid his dues i really started feeling him when he put out Fireman though and despite the fact that he sounds like a straight up slowpoke in some of his recent tracks you can't hate on his success he deserves it
Re: Am I The Only Person That Thinks little Wayne Is So Overrated. by babaCT(m): 7:36am On Dec 06, 2008
remeber wayne"s bein sprayed with hater protector so all this hatin don't mae no difference.ight now,he"s d hotest rappa on earth.
Re: Am I The Only Person That Thinks little Wayne Is So Overrated. by smile4kenn(m): 8:53am On Dec 06, 2008
Lil is not overrated, He is d best rapper now,

His duet is topping rock chart, just imagine

He is the best for now!!!, try and buy his carter III then listen to all his other duets, if u know what music is all about, u will definately love lilwayne
Re: Am I The Only Person That Thinks little Wayne Is So Overrated. by darequam(m): 8:58am On Dec 06, 2008
@khanye
i can't bliv u call lil wayne a good rapper and say rugged isn't.
Well lil wayne has been known for quite long but mind u d guy is not that good. He only stress and mumble jumble his lyrics to go with da beats. Tell me what he was sayn in GotMONEY.
In the year 2008 rappers didn't turn out like we had in recent years, Cus of the fact that people got to listen to somethin lil wayne was da most preferd. The real and hottest rappr now is The GAME. I'm not his fan, even i luv 50cent betta but al others av been busy doin some thinelse while he's been hot and better. Check out his mylife lyrics and compare to any lilwayne's lyrics. WAYNE'S music r good in listening to cus of the sound. He (wayne) is still the rave of da moment and i c no rson y he shouldn't bag all those awards.
In short he is overrated,
Re: Am I The Only Person That Thinks little Wayne Is So Overrated. by khanye(m): 10:57am On Dec 06, 2008
@ darequam

Weezy got lyrics, he's the most featured guy in year 2008, what makes you think rugged is a good rapper? rapping in pidgeon and local shit?

He's not 'mumble jumble' his lyrics - he got good lyrics, check him out on 100 million dollar rmx by Birdman, Outhere Grinding and so on.

In Got money, he's trying to let you know he got money and he's da Young Money. Go check out the songs lyrics.

He was the one that did the chorus on Mylife. He's good not the best!

Word!!!!!
Re: Am I The Only Person That Thinks little Wayne Is So Overrated. by Nobody: 3:25pm On Dec 06, 2008
Yeah, he is a bit overhyped

Not saying he isn't good though
Re: Am I The Only Person That Thinks little Wayne Is So Overrated. by bgees(m): 3:30pm On Dec 06, 2008
khanye:

@ darequam

Weezy got lyrics, he's the most featured guy in year 2008, what makes you think rugged is a good rapper? rapping in pidgeon and local shit?

He's not 'mumble jumble' his lyrics - he got good lyrics, check him out on 100 million dollar rmx by Birdman, Outhere Grinding and so on.

In Got money, he's trying to let you know he got money and he's da Young Money. Go check out the songs lyrics.

He was the one that did the chorus on Mylife. He's good not the best!

Word!!!!!

i know people cant always agree, but i think u know very little.

there is nothing memorable or impressive about L I L wayne's songs. i might have overlooked ur posts if u just said u love dancing to his songs.
Re: Am I The Only Person That Thinks little Wayne Is So Overrated. by akpumpin1: 5:22pm On Dec 06, 2008
1 million copies in first week of release, next to 50 cent The Massacre in 2005. my brother na him time make u pray for yah time to come when ur time comes anything u touch will sure turn to gold.2007/2008 na AKON, T-PAIN, J.T AND TIMBERLAND dey do the featuring but 08/09 na lil wayne. even all these awards wey he him dey bag/nominate it's enough to convince u that his time has come.
Re: Am I The Only Person That Thinks little Wayne Is So Overrated. by 5050(f): 9:43pm On Dec 06, 2008
he is totally overrated. . i like weezy's swag n most of his songs, but he definitely aint d best rapper alive

(1) (2) (Reply)

EL Emcee – African Girl Ft Kiss / Ciara's New Video / [VIDEO] AY.COM – KOMAGBON (official Video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.