Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,361 members, 7,819,300 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 01:58 PM

Am I The Only Person That Thinks little Wayne Is So Overrated. - Music/Radio (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Music/Radio / Am I The Only Person That Thinks little Wayne Is So Overrated. (3133 Views)

Sorry, Slim, But Lil Wayne Is The Greatest MC Alive / American Rap Artiste, Lil Wayne Is Dead? / Am I The Only Person Who Doesn't Like D'banj's Oliver Twist (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Am I The Only Person That Thinks little Wayne Is So Overrated. by darequam(m): 10:57pm On Dec 06, 2008
Nobody is sayn it aint his time but what is bein discusd is that he is overrated.
@A40
I LIKE UR last COMMENT 'he is not the best' but he is now being treated like d best. Maybe the best for now.
Thats what we mean when we say he is overrated
Re: Am I The Only Person That Thinks little Wayne Is So Overrated. by chiogo(f): 11:40pm On Dec 06, 2008
Yes, he is definitely overrated. He's getting wacker by the day but trust Americans, they appreciate the most stupid things. That's why he gets featured in every single song out there. So, for those claiming he's all that just because he's everywhere on tv, have a re-think.

He's not only overrated, he's also very wack. Lmao. . Take it from someone who once considered him one of her favorite rappers. He's not overrated only if you started listening to him this year. Like A-40 said, I also started feeling him when he dropped that 'Fireman' song. Compare him then and now and you'll see how much his flow has deteriorated.
Re: Am I The Only Person That Thinks little Wayne Is So Overrated. by A40(m): 1:03am On Dec 07, 2008
chiogo:

Yes, he is definitely overrated. He's getting wacker by the day but trust Americans, they appreciate the most stupid things. That's why he gets featured in every single song out there. So, for those claiming he's all that just because he's everywhere on tv, have a re-think.

He's not only overrated, he's also very wack. Lmao. . Take it from someone who once considered him one of her favorite rappers. He's not overrated only if you started listening to him this year. Like A-40 said, I also started feeling him when he dropped that 'Fireman' song. Compare him then and now and you'll see how much his flow has deteriorated.
When you have whack cats like T-Pain and all them Flo-rida,Plies and the rest around what else do you expect if you hang with whack people their whackness would rub off on you

Lil Wayne is not whack i have heard him spit a bit

@darequam
I agree he is over-rated but some peeps here claim he is straight up whack and that i can't agree with lai lai
Re: Am I The Only Person That Thinks little Wayne Is So Overrated. by iice(f): 8:02am On Dec 07, 2008
Have liked him ever since he started out.
Every once in a while, an artist gets over-hyped and he's heading that way.
Overrated? Not really albeit i agree with Chiogo, i think he's slipping or maybe i prefer the him of those days
I am happy though for his nominations
Re: Am I The Only Person That Thinks little Wayne Is So Overrated. by annekix(m): 11:31am On Dec 07, 2008
LIL waynes seriously overrated, as overated as Jeniffer lopezes ass!!!

I bet tupac shakur and Notorius BIG would be rolling in thier graves right now, !

if they where to have a conversation bout Lil wayne, this would be how it would go:-

'''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''
2pac:- "Damn things sure done changed back on earth"

B.I.G:- "What u mean?"

2pac:- "i heard some migdit wit dreadlocks made a song bout Lollypops and went platinum!"

B.I.G:- ''Sad undecided, Raps not the same, seems the worlds gonna end soon, mean while
i heard some other guy in nigeria got mad skills his names M.i" grin

2pac:- " Yeah! M.i's ma Boi, Long things on my phone right now"

B.I.G:- "let me turn on my bluetooth right quick, send it"

'''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''

okay seriously, hip hop is going soft everybody, i mean every body is digitally enhancing their voices, putting out crap on the streets!!!

dont get me wrong i like lil waynes album, and i think lil wayne adds a certain gritty, grimey flow to records, also has the swagga which is cool to watch in videos and he always has succesful collabo's

A perfect example is the track wit Tpain: -got money, dj khaleds:- Hood even with this new cat called KEVIN rUDOLF here's the link
, http://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=kevin+rudolf&search_type=&aq=0&oq=kevin

but this does not mean he deserves the title of greatest rapper alive!!!

Where is EMINEM!!!!!?where is NAS!!!? where's RHAKHIIM!!!!!?? come back and show them what hip hops all about!!

it's like every body has 4 gotten what hip hop sounded like back then!

remember the track ether by nas? where Jayz was lyrically murdered by nas.

what about the benzino vs eminem beef?

has every one 4 gotten Cannibus, How Come? grin

Method man and red man

wu tang clan?

even busta rhymes and Ludacris sef are mad contenders

twisa!!!! oh my God Twista, u 4gotten him too?

i suggest you lot go back to listen to some old school veterens take your pick from the list i mentioned above.

the only hip hop artist that i'm feeling is T.I, he makes a lot of sense

but 4 lil wayne he needs 2 go rest,
Re: Am I The Only Person That Thinks little Wayne Is So Overrated. by jonyjay(m): 2:35pm On Dec 07, 2008
there is time for everything, na him time and he dey use am for this 2008.  everybody wants this guy to drop a track in their single/album. besides that, this guy is not only a rapper but also a singer. DEC 18 TOYOTA CENTER IN HOUSTON: T-PAIN, little WAYNE, KEYSHIA COLE AND GYM CLASS HEROES.it's good to be there good collab.
Re: Am I The Only Person That Thinks little Wayne Is So Overrated. by gamerod: 2:37pm On Dec 07, 2008
"Poster

Craze na im dey worry you.
Re: Am I The Only Person That Thinks little Wayne Is So Overrated. by dready(f): 12:59pm On Dec 08, 2008
Young money is been over rated that is for sure,

lol @ annekix , man i like that, where is DM-X, where is Eminem, he is still a baby in the rap game,
Re: Am I The Only Person That Thinks little Wayne Is So Overrated. by ajah1(f): 2:19pm On Dec 08, 2008
Lil wayne sucks, i don't like him one bit with all those tattoos and stuff on him. Though, his a good rapper, sometimes i don't get what he says.
Re: Am I The Only Person That Thinks little Wayne Is So Overrated. by jonyjay(m): 5:54pm On Dec 08, 2008
ajah.:

little wayne sucks, i don't like him one bit with all those tattoos and stuff on him.
personal hatred!
ajah.:

his a good rapper, sometimes i don't get what he says.
pay attention!

above all he's good.
Re: Am I The Only Person That Thinks little Wayne Is So Overrated. by OgidiBoy(m): 3:58am On Dec 09, 2008
game_rod:

"Poster

Craze na I'm dey worry you.

Thank you sir, that still don't change my opinion about little Wayne.
Re: Am I The Only Person That Thinks little Wayne Is So Overrated. by OgidiBoy(m): 9:33am On Dec 09, 2008
This maybe old school, but this is the real hip hop, not the nonsense these days. If you don't believe me, ask the legends of rap and they'll tell you the same. Also if you've ever notice, most rappers in the 90's and early 2000 all sampled from this very song.

*** checkout the link**

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZElWBsoyvUo
Re: Am I The Only Person That Thinks little Wayne Is So Overrated. by spikedcylinder: 9:19am On Dec 10, 2008
OgidiBoy:

Thank you sir, that still don't change my opinion about little Wayne.

This response really made me. . . . . smiley smiley smiley smiley
Re: Am I The Only Person That Thinks little Wayne Is So Overrated. by TOYOSI20(f): 7:12am On Dec 21, 2008
Yeah, just a tad bit, undecided
Re: Am I The Only Person That Thinks little Wayne Is So Overrated. by MrInfo1(m): 7:16am On Dec 21, 2008
@ Poster

U have to be smart to understand him (weezy) undecided

k and. . i think weezy is da rest rapper because of his unique way of playing with words & clever use of metaphors! His lyrically insane, he proves his points clearer wch make him different from other rappers. Go weezy F baby  kiss
Re: Am I The Only Person That Thinks little Wayne Is So Overrated. by Phillfree(m): 9:22pm On Mar 28, 2009
Wayne's crap himself n u can't expect his music to be different.
Re: Am I The Only Person That Thinks little Wayne Is So Overrated. by lagoslag: 10:09pm On Mar 28, 2009
Overated? you guys are not serious. wayne is the best thing to have happen to hiphop. how many artist today spit verse on a song and automatically make it a hit song? lil wayne's got a midas touch. Wayne is a beast, a lyricist and wayne himself is hiphop. How many rapper record straight up? no paper, no pen, no written material and kills whoever is on thesame track with him. he grabs the mic and spit record sales into a song.
Re: Am I The Only Person That Thinks little Wayne Is So Overrated. by DeReloaded: 10:11pm On Mar 28, 2009
Lil' Wayne is the worst thing to happen to hiphop. Dude's a retard.
Re: Am I The Only Person That Thinks little Wayne Is So Overrated. by phantom(m): 12:13am On Mar 29, 2009
What is the world comin to, ?Well they say when the desirable aint available,the available bcomes desirable, The owners have left the house,time for the rats to come out and play grin
Re: Am I The Only Person That Thinks little Wayne Is So Overrated. by Phillfree(m): 8:35am On Mar 29, 2009
@phantom, you r right on this one my nigga
ma thumb's up for ya
Re: Am I The Only Person That Thinks little Wayne Is So Overrated. by fastmoney(m): 9:07am On Mar 29, 2009
whizzy used to be very sick up to like father like son and th i cant feel my face mixtape but i dunno wat went wrong man, he just transformed into sum wach gay, maybe its cos he turned gay.
Re: Am I The Only Person That Thinks little Wayne Is So Overrated. by idupaul: 9:16am On Mar 29, 2009
u need a high IQ to be able to appreciate weezy's music and verses, it aint for the average mind, so ogidi boy i suggest u stick to Mase or better still Boys to men
Re: Am I The Only Person That Thinks little Wayne Is So Overrated. by Phillfree(m): 5:04pm On Mar 29, 2009
When u want cacophony, listen to that gay Wayne, his songs r meaninless
Re: Am I The Only Person That Thinks little Wayne Is So Overrated. by kenypumpin: 11:25am On Mar 30, 2009
i dnt even no wat to rite, for yrs weezy has being singing people recognized him ooo (dnt get mi rong) but 2008 was his yr if u get what i mean, but i dnt think hes overrated even doe wat he sings about mostly is sex or waeva, i guess ppl love him 4 wat he do just like me 2.

no offence ooooo another man's food is another man' poison
Re: Am I The Only Person That Thinks little Wayne Is So Overrated. by lagoslag: 3:36pm On Mar 30, 2009
@ idupaul, thanks. This aint mase's akara rhymes or soulja boy's moimoi rap.
Re: Am I The Only Person That Thinks little Wayne Is So Overrated. by kenypumpin: 12:35pm On Mar 31, 2009
@LAGOSLAG
LOL grin
Re: Am I The Only Person That Thinks little Wayne Is So Overrated. by BloodShed1: 1:24pm On Mar 31, 2009
Yea I agree, he's very overrated. He's stolen Jay-Z's crown as the most overrated rapper.

He aint that bad but he's definately not worth all the hype.
Re: Am I The Only Person That Thinks little Wayne Is So Overrated. by esnesy(m): 12:32pm On Apr 01, 2009
well,he has some good tracks.every dog has its day so on the risk of inviting some choice insults on my head,he can also be woeful @ times
Re: Am I The Only Person That Thinks little Wayne Is So Overrated. by tayoast(m): 11:18pm On Apr 01, 2009
I thot i was d only one thinking along that line.

The guy plays like an slowpoke.

only it's his time.
Re: Am I The Only Person That Thinks little Wayne Is So Overrated. by Phillfree(m): 8:26am On Apr 02, 2009
;d
Re: Am I The Only Person That Thinks little Wayne Is So Overrated. by FBS: 9:08am On Apr 02, 2009
yes, me thinks so. but hey, who cares. dude is getting paid big time.
hes got some killa rhymes though but sometimes its just shait.
Re: Am I The Only Person That Thinks little Wayne Is So Overrated. by slimghost(m): 10:52am On Apr 02, 2009
He is just a li bit over rated, but wack? never!. i ave been folloing tis dude 4rm the dayz of the hot boiz and i've also heard him freestyle. Its very irritating when some peeps here call him wack!!!!!!!!!!!!!

HE IS TIGHT, JUST A LIL BIT OVER RATED. WORD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

(1) (2) (Reply)

M.i,2face And Sultan Human Being Lyrics. Correct If Any Error / Ice Prince, Olamide & Phyno “get Some Money” (video) / Instrumental: Slimcase – Azaman Ft. 2baba, Peruzzi, DJ Neptune & Larry Gaaga

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.