Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,691 members, 7,831,141 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 02:19 PM

Pastor Chris Oyakhilome Celebrates 51st Birthday On A Ship [photos] - Religion (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Pastor Chris Oyakhilome Celebrates 51st Birthday On A Ship [photos] (40160 Views)

Anita Oyakhilome Celebrates Her Mother's 70th Birthday In London....see Photos / Photos From Pastor Chris Oyakhilome’s 51st Birthday Party / Picture Of Pastor Chris Oyakhilome In 1997 (At A Camp Meeting) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Pastor Chris Oyakhilome Celebrates 51st Birthday On A Ship [photos] by akinsadeez(m): 2:03pm On Dec 09, 2014
nora544:

Is this his money or the money the churches have to give for his birthday

''Esteemed Group Pastor,
Warm greetings in the matchless name of Our Lord and Saviour Jesus Christ.Amen.
Congratulations on the just concluded International Pastors and Partners Conference.IPPC.
I have been directed by our highly esteemed Zonal Director, Pastor ----------- to remind you of your Financial commitment to offer 7, the birthday of our dear Man of God, Pastor Chris Oyakhilome, Phd.
The minimum target for each Group is ten million Naira only (N10,000,000.00) .
Kindly note that the money is expected on or before 2nd December as you are aware that the birthday is on the 7th of December.
Thank you for your outstanding commitment to the vision of our ministry.
Signed-----''

Hmmmmmm. That's serious. I think that amount is mind boggling. The only thing I can say is that I don't think the money is going into the pastor's pocket. I think there are various programs lined up for the celebration and the money is for the execution of d programs. That doesn't change d fact that that it looks somehow.
Re: Pastor Chris Oyakhilome Celebrates 51st Birthday On A Ship [photos] by nora544: 2:12pm On Dec 09, 2014
akinsadeez:

Hmmmmmm. That's serious. I think that amount is mind boggling. The only thing I can say is that I don't think the money is going into the pastor's pocket. I think there are various programs lined up for the celebration and the money is for the execution of d programs. That doesn't change d fact that that it looks somehow.

It is only that this pentecost/charismatic pastors celebrate their birthday like they are musicsuperstars.

Please look in other countries if you see this.

The church have to give the money and it comes from his poor followers,

Do you know that 7 Euro could save a child in west africa!
with 7 euro a child will get food for one month!

1 Like

Re: Pastor Chris Oyakhilome Celebrates 51st Birthday On A Ship [photos] by 100Cents: 2:14pm On Dec 09, 2014
AgapeCharis:
Jesus had houses in Galilee, Capernaum and some other cities. U wouldn't find dx verbatim in d Bible tho bt if u study carefully, u'll see it

When he was crucified, It was noted dt his garment was taken and rent into 4 parts a part was given to a soldier (who happily takes a torn cloth if it's nt expensive)
Also, his coat! It was noted that his coat was without seam n it was woven from top to bottom. Dey had to cast lot to see who gets it. It wasn't something worn by d average people. History has it dt it was kings and v rich people dt wore dox kinda clothes.

Another revealing story is d feeding of five thousand in John 6. Lemme stop here tho.

Buh note dt there r many revealing writings in d bible dt shows Jesus wasn't broke.

I rest my case.

Was his house a hostel, duplex or bungalow ?

1 Like

Re: Pastor Chris Oyakhilome Celebrates 51st Birthday On A Ship [photos] by 100Cents: 2:16pm On Dec 09, 2014
Wetin these pastors dey do.

There is God o.

None of them wants to wait for heavenly reward. Nah now now.
Re: Pastor Chris Oyakhilome Celebrates 51st Birthday On A Ship [photos] by MrPresident1: 2:18pm On Dec 09, 2014
Jeremiah 23:1-2
Woe be unto the pastors that destroy and scatter the sheep of my pasture! saith the Lord.
2 Therefore thus saith the Lord God of Israel against the pastors that feed my people; Ye have scattered my flock, and driven them away, and have not visited them: behold, I will visit upon you the evil of your doings, saith the Lord.
Re: Pastor Chris Oyakhilome Celebrates 51st Birthday On A Ship [photos] by Jchi9876: 2:20pm On Dec 09, 2014
sexymoma:
Jesus never lived a flamboyant life angry

What is flamboyance?
Re: Pastor Chris Oyakhilome Celebrates 51st Birthday On A Ship [photos] by Gombs(m): 2:20pm On Dec 09, 2014
holatin:

haters
because am not gullible like you doesnt makes me an hater

Shift joor... by the way, it wasn't a ship... it was LCA Oregun Lagos .. We got skills to even shoot a titanic movie and folks would think we went to the Atlantic.

1 Like

Re: Pastor Chris Oyakhilome Celebrates 51st Birthday On A Ship [photos] by holatin(m): 2:24pm On Dec 09, 2014
Gombs:

Shift joor... by the way, it wasn't a ship... it was LCA Oregun Lagos .. We got skills to even shoot a titanic movie and folks would think we went to the Atlantic.
what is this one saying
Re: Pastor Chris Oyakhilome Celebrates 51st Birthday On A Ship [photos] by kagel: 2:26pm On Dec 09, 2014
samuelfemo:
happy birthday sir .
shame to critics

made front page while i dance to "sinach "song i know who i am" grin grin shocked cool

SHAME TO CRITICS YOU SAID?HEEM! SORRY OH , IF I MAY ASK , WHERE IS YOUR PASTORS WIFE?
NO ANSWER? SO SHAME TO YOU THAT SURPORTS ABORMINABLE THIINGS,
LISTEN YOUR PASTOR AND HIS WIFE SHOULD BE WORTHY OF EMULATION OK?
THEREFOR YE SHALL KNOW THE TRUTH AND THE TRUTH SHALL SENT YOU FREE
ADVICE YOUR PASTOR TO FORGIVE HIS WIFE IF SHE HAS SINNED AGAINT HIM
SO THAT THE SHEEP OR ARE YOU GOAT? NO, WILL NOT SCATER.
Re: Pastor Chris Oyakhilome Celebrates 51st Birthday On A Ship [photos] by judedwriter(m): 2:28pm On Dec 09, 2014
englishmart:
who is Chris oyakhilome?

A. a pastor
B. a man of God
C. a god of men.
D. a model
E. a model pastor
To sum, a fine boy, funky pastor grin
Re: Pastor Chris Oyakhilome Celebrates 51st Birthday On A Ship [photos] by akinsadeez(m): 2:32pm On Dec 09, 2014
nora544:

It is only that this pentecost/charismatic pastors celebrate their birthday like they are musicsuperstars.

I completely understand your point but it still boils down to the fact that the pastors can only do so much. One single person cannot eradicate poverty in d whole world. We keep placing unrealistic demands on our pastors. No matter how much they give, people will still castigate them and expect them to give. Even if a pastor gives until he is completely penniless it wont satisfy human beings.
I don't support wanton extravagance but pastors should also be allowed to enjoy themselves from time to time. To me there is nothing wrong in a pastor celebrating his birthday and of course, the way pastor Chris, an international pastor will celebrate his birthday will be different from the way I will celebrate my birthday. I am surprised at people saying he shouldn't celebrate his birthday because Jesus never celebrated his birthday.

1 Like

Re: Pastor Chris Oyakhilome Celebrates 51st Birthday On A Ship [photos] by nora544: 2:37pm On Dec 09, 2014
akinsadeez:

I completely understand your point but it still boils down to the fact that the pastors can only do so much. One single person cannot eradicate poverty in d whole world. We keep placing unrealistic demands on our pastors. No matter how much they give, people will still castigate them and expect them to give. Even if a pastor gives until he is completely penniless it wont satisfy human beings.
I don't support wanton extravagance but pastors should also be allowed to enjoy themselves from time to time. To me there is nothing wrong in a pastor celebrating his birthday and of course, the way pastor Chris, an international pastor will celebrate his birthday will be different from the way I will celebrate my birthday. I am surprised at people saying he shouldn't celebrate his birthday because Jesus never celebrated his birthday.

You don't get my point i didnot say he shouldnot celebrate his birthday but how he celebrate his birthday is not okay it shows his flamboyant lifestyle.

So please tell me it is right to spend so much money on his birthday, he is a man mad God and more.
Re: Pastor Chris Oyakhilome Celebrates 51st Birthday On A Ship [photos] by Thespecialone(m): 2:38pm On Dec 09, 2014
nora544:

You just keep going on and on as though it's the church that is responsible for societal problems caused by the government. That said, Christ Embassy through the inner city mission for children takes care of indigent children in the inner cities. I honestly see no reason trying to play God in determining how a Pastor should celebrate his birthday. I also saw your post about people giving for Pastor Chris' birthday and what is wrong in that? Friends put money together to celebrate a friends birthday, staff members can put money together to celebrate their oga so do you have a problem with that? Giving is always a voluntary thing.

2 Likes

Re: Pastor Chris Oyakhilome Celebrates 51st Birthday On A Ship [photos] by Thespecialone(m): 2:41pm On Dec 09, 2014
nora544:

You don't get my point i didnot say he shouldnot celebrate his birthday but how he celebrate his birthday is not okay it shows his flamboyant lifestyle.

So please tell me it is right to spend so much money on his birthday, he is a man mad God and more.
who gave you the right to determine how much he or anyone else spends on his birthday? Stop trying to make a futile attempt to force people to align with your mindset.

2 Likes

Re: Pastor Chris Oyakhilome Celebrates 51st Birthday On A Ship [photos] by Dammyjohn(m): 2:48pm On Dec 09, 2014
As you have seen this day may you see many more years to come and you will continuousely spend them in good health and in wealth in JESUS name.Happy Birthday Pastor Chris Oyakhilome!!!

2 Likes

Re: Pastor Chris Oyakhilome Celebrates 51st Birthday On A Ship [photos] by Tompeters(m): 2:50pm On Dec 09, 2014
Thank God u don't ever dream to live a poverty filled life.....

1 Like

Re: Pastor Chris Oyakhilome Celebrates 51st Birthday On A Ship [photos] by sammybrainy(m): 2:51pm On Dec 09, 2014
donstevico:
pastor Chris has done all those things you mentioned and even more. don't you read the news??
They are only interested in the negative ones

2 Likes

Re: Pastor Chris Oyakhilome Celebrates 51st Birthday On A Ship [photos] by Tompeters(m): 2:54pm On Dec 09, 2014
[quote author=sexymoma post=28724602]To live a flamboyant life angry Oh God sad[/quote thank God u don't ever dream to live a poverty filled life..]please you guys should just stop hating and work hard to affect ur generation.... He has done his part
Re: Pastor Chris Oyakhilome Celebrates 51st Birthday On A Ship [photos] by delishpot: 3:01pm On Dec 09, 2014
akinsadeez:

But despite the rate at which he gives people still castigate him every time. The fact that he has money and gives out should not stop him from also spending his money on himself. Bill gates is a billionaire who gives out an obscene amount of money to charities and funds all around the world. Recently he was pictured holidaying on a yatch with his family. People still castigated him for spending money on himself and his family, saying that the money could have been given to less privileged.
Pastor Chris has every right to spend his money the way he likes. He should not starve or suffer himself because he wants to help people.

Wait, let me see where I said he shouldnt eat or wear clothes..........Let me go back to my posts again. A dey come.................

Did not know a business man and a pastor share the same life styles and Zeal to help the needy( both spiritual and physical) sha. Last time I checked bill gates did not climb the pulpit or take an oat to serve God and man....... make I go see weda I no observe that one rightly sha........a dey come again.
Re: Pastor Chris Oyakhilome Celebrates 51st Birthday On A Ship [photos] by seunwen2(m): 3:09pm On Dec 09, 2014
englishmart:
who is Chris oyakhilome?

A. a pastor
B. a man of God
C. a god of men.
D. a model
E. a model pastor

A
Re: Pastor Chris Oyakhilome Celebrates 51st Birthday On A Ship [photos] by marnboy(m): 3:10pm On Dec 09, 2014
changes1:
Ship built inside one if the church premises...?

Its like
Building Africa inside Nigeria..

Was his wife present there?

PASTOR CHRIS WHERE IS YOUR WIFE ??

Besides a picture is more than a thousand words..

Picture or _________ (complete it for me pls)
Adonbilivit

1 Like

Re: Pastor Chris Oyakhilome Celebrates 51st Birthday On A Ship [photos] by delishpot: 3:10pm On Dec 09, 2014
Tompeters:
Thank God u don't ever dream to live a poverty filled life.....

So, if he doesnt do his birthday in a ship built in the church it signifies porverty ba? If he doesnt wear gucci and prada abi na TM he will be termed porverty striken ba? If he decides to hold a thanks giving service in low key or organize it to include a low glitzs charity event, its a sign of porverty hiting him kwo? Its well, nothing one would say will make stone hardened hearts to melt. Cheer him on to the end. Its well.
Re: Pastor Chris Oyakhilome Celebrates 51st Birthday On A Ship [photos] by Parolee: 3:14pm On Dec 09, 2014
akinsadeez:

How many people celebrated birthdays in the bible? Only pharaoh and herod are recorded in the bible to have celebrated birthdays. It means that birthdays weren't celebrated generally in the Bible but times have changed. We cant seek to dogmatically imitate or replicate everything about the time of Jesus. Birthdays are now being celebrated by everyone and pastors aren't an exception. If we follow your logic, Jesus rode on an H.ass in the bible so all pastors should also forgo cars and only ride on asses. Infact they should all trek like Jesus did, after all if Jesus n d disciples trekked from town to town preaching the gospel, our pastors should also imitate them.

You missed the whole point here. What you are mentioning e.g. travelling by car / plane / boat has got no particular effect on the spiritual well being of a person. But lavishness etc is a different ball game all together.

Oh yes - there's nothing wrong in celebrating one's birthday - but there is term cold moderation.

Yes - Christian should move with the times, but also there are certain limitations to some of these things. We can not be parallel with the world in certain issues. A christian celebrating like a rock / pop star?
Re: Pastor Chris Oyakhilome Celebrates 51st Birthday On A Ship [photos] by simdam500(m): 3:16pm On Dec 09, 2014
happy birthday sir
Re: Pastor Chris Oyakhilome Celebrates 51st Birthday On A Ship [photos] by Oduduwaboy(m): 3:23pm On Dec 09, 2014
Hmmm.....many more years to rip them off!
Re: Pastor Chris Oyakhilome Celebrates 51st Birthday On A Ship [photos] by akinsadeez(m): 3:27pm On Dec 09, 2014
Parolee:

You missed the whole point here. What you are mentioning e.g. travelling by car / plane / boat has got no particular effect on the spiritual well being of a person. But lavishness etc is a different ball game all together.

Oh yes - there's nothing wrong in celebrating one's birthday - but there is term cold moderation.

Yes - Christian should move with the times, but also there are certain limitations to some of these things. We can not be parallel with the world in certain issues. A christian celebrating like a rock / pop star?

Bro, moderation is a very very subjective term. what is moderate to you might not be to someone else. Pastor Chris is the pastor of a Church with branches all over the world. You can't expect him to celebrate his birthday the way I would celebrate mine. Even if he wants it to be a small celebration, the number of people who will come will turn into a big celebration. This man is a leader of a congregation of hundred of thousands if not millions across the world. Besides, Since when did rock stars n pop stars become yardsticks by which birthday celebrations are measured
Going by your second sentence, are you now saying he is a 'sinner' by the way he celebrated his birthday? (since you said lavishness has an effect on sprirtual well being)

2 Likes

Re: Pastor Chris Oyakhilome Celebrates 51st Birthday On A Ship [photos] by Parolee: 3:38pm On Dec 09, 2014
akinsadeez:

Bro, moderation is a very very subjective term. what is moderate to you might not be to someone else. Pastor Chris is the pastor of a Church with branches all over the world. You can't expect him to celebrate his birthday the way I would celebrate mine. Even if he wants it to be a small celebration, the number of people who will come will turn into a big celebration. This man is a leader of a congregation of hundred of thousands if not millions across the world. Besides, Since when did rock stars n pop stars become yardsticks by which birthday celebrations are measured
Going by your second sentence, are you now saying he is a 'sinner' by the way he celebrated his birthday? (since you said lavishness has an effect on sprirtual well being)

I mentioned the term moderation knowing exactly who Ps Chris is. You can invite the whole world to your birthday party it's not a problem. But lavishness (and extremes of it) - and parties that say I am thee man are unChristian-like, if you like. From where I am sitting you can party with the whole world and still keep it low "profile". Mandela's 46664 concerts in celebration of his birthdays etc were held all over the glober - were they lavish?

I did not call him a sinner. But some other things have a bearing on spiritual positioning within an individual.
Re: Pastor Chris Oyakhilome Celebrates 51st Birthday On A Ship [photos] by Larow(m): 3:51pm On Dec 09, 2014
sexymoma:
Jesus never lived a flamboyant life angry
why?
Re: Pastor Chris Oyakhilome Celebrates 51st Birthday On A Ship [photos] by Tompeters(m): 3:53pm On Dec 09, 2014
delishpot:

So, if he doesnt do his birthday in a ship built in the church it signifies porverty ba? If he doesnt wear gucci and prada abi na TM he will be termed porverty striken ba? If he decides to hold a thanks giving service in low key or organize it to include a low glitzs charity event, its a sign of porverty hiting him kwo? Its well, nothing one would say will make stone hardened hearts to melt. Cheer him on to the end. Its well.
guy u should have understood before attacking me.... A lady said Jesus never lived a flamboyant life and that was my response to her.....
Re: Pastor Chris Oyakhilome Celebrates 51st Birthday On A Ship [photos] by Fynline(m): 4:37pm On Dec 09, 2014
AgapeCharis:
don't say what u don't know. Jesus lived flamboyantly in his day. Same with all d apostles.

read ur bible

I totally disagree...i dare you to prove your assertions with scriptures and before you do please look up the word '' flamboyant'' in a dictionary again. Thanks
Re: Pastor Chris Oyakhilome Celebrates 51st Birthday On A Ship [photos] by aikman2k(m): 5:06pm On Dec 09, 2014
Mavor:
Yea, these so-called "Men of God" are not Christ-like at all!!! False prophets left, right and center. Utter rubbish!!!
[b][/b]Read your bible well.... The Pharesees were angry wit Jesus' lifestyle. If it's not flamboyant in their own time, they wouldn't have called him gluttonous man and a wine biber... They also asked why is he and his disciples not fasting, always feasting....
Re: Pastor Chris Oyakhilome Celebrates 51st Birthday On A Ship [photos] by aikman2k(m): 5:12pm On Dec 09, 2014
Fynline:

I totally disagree...i dare you to prove your assertions with scriptures and before you do please look up the word '' flamboyant'' in a dictionary again. Thanks
Jesus clothes was so expensive that the soldiers had to play cha cha on it, for a winner

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Calendar Souvenir Made For Apostle Suleman When He Got Married In 2004 / Pastor Adeboye: Some People Laughed At Me When My Son Died / Five Bible Verses That Will Motivate You And Give You An Extra Push

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 76
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.