Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,726 members, 7,816,987 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 10:19 PM

What Is The Main Objective Of NURTW On Our Roads? - Autos - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Autos / What Is The Main Objective Of NURTW On Our Roads? (9317 Views)

** Buy Any Of This SUV Less Than 1m **without Clearing**good For Nigerian Roads* / Cars That Can Withstand The Nigerian Roads / Stop The Death On Our Roads (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

What Is The Main Objective Of NURTW On Our Roads? by cvibe: 12:56pm On Dec 04, 2008
It has now become an accepted thing to see a full grown able man collecting money by force (owo booking,owo load,owo chiarman,owo awon boys etc) under the guise of National Union of Road Transport Workers (NURTW) from operators of individually owned public vehicles and motor bikes. if i may ask,what is this forcefully generated money used for by this organization? 'the road transport worker's do not benefit in any form from this revenue,it gives room for increment in transport fare and our government is keeping there arms crossed looking at this menace to society,what can we even say, when it is this same set of people they use while campaigning for elections and other ungodly vices they commit all in the name of leadership.
i will really like if the government of our beloved country to look into the functioning of this forcefully generated revenue collected by men of the said organization as it causes so much problems on our roads, sometimes, the (agbero) as they are fondly called would delay the movement of the vehicle because of the money he wants to collect, so many times they will forcefully remove items like; fuel tank cover, engine cover, wiper etc. there are times when the (agbero) would fight the conductor so as to get money.i believe that the governor  or government officials would have at one time or the other seen or heard about this continuing incidence and nothing has so far been done.
I want to plead to the governor to please find a long lasting solution to the operations of this organization as they even assassinate sad themselves using various fetish means to overthrow power which causes a break down in transport and orderliness.
Re: What Is The Main Objective Of NURTW On Our Roads? by damiso(f): 1:57pm On Dec 04, 2008
As a lagosian, i ask my myself this question all the time,even asked people who should know but the lame excuse they would give you is 'leave them o if they stop them there would be more armed robbers'(as if that matters).those people are a nuisance and are bullies that intimidate people trying to make an honest living.
Re: What Is The Main Objective Of NURTW On Our Roads? by Encomium(m): 6:22pm On Dec 06, 2008
To me they are agberos in uniform with an objective of exploitation, as well as stealing without gun.

(1) (Reply)

*******Price Slash 2006 VolksWagen Passat Now N950k!/ Very clean******** / CLEANEST 2012 HYUNDAI SONATA 3.6M LAST!!! / Toyota Camry Thread,all camrys from 1990-2012 available here,great prices

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.