Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,715 members, 7,816,947 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 08:50 PM

Stop The Death On Our Roads - Autos - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Autos / Stop The Death On Our Roads (1356 Views)

** Buy Any Of This SUV Less Than 1m **without Clearing**good For Nigerian Roads* / Cars That Can Withstand The Nigerian Roads / What Is The Main Objective Of NURTW On Our Roads? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Stop The Death On Our Roads by boladez(m): 7:58am On Apr 25, 2010
I plead with Lagos drivers in this forum to please cut down on reckless and excessive speeding, drive with a high sense of care and responsibility.

Lagos roads have been turned into a huge winding car race course, I watch in amazement as drivers coast at speeds in excess of 140km/h on the 3rd mainland bridge and weave dangerously through heavy traffic.

It takes a few seconds to change a state of the earth vehicle to a piece of metal and plastic leading to violent death or permanent disability.

Guys, life has no duplicate and the test of a good driver is in the care and reasonableness you put into moving your vehicle from one point to another. Any idiot can get behind the wheels and speed,  its not a test of skills, 90% of danfo drivers do not understand anything about driving they are only reckless and brainless!!! Many actually drive under the influence of various cheap substances

STOP OVERSPEEDING
STOP USING YOUR FONE WHILE DRIVING
STOP ROAD RAGE
STOP TURNING OUR ROADS INTO A BATTLEGROUND
STOP DRIVING UNDER THE INFLUENCE
BE CAUTIOUS AND CONSIDERATE TO FELLOW ROAD USERS

I watched in shock as a young banker of 26 years was battling for life after he rammed the side barriers along third mainland bridge last week. I stopped to help and joined the LASTMA team that rushed him to the hospital, I called his brother (we got the number from his mobile) this morning and sadly was told he passed on yesterday night as a result of the massive head injuries. Note that the car had airbags which deployed fully. He was definitely overspeeding. May his soul find rest and may the Almighty be with his Family to console and grant them the fortitude to bear the unneccesary loss.

In the last few months many lives have been snuffed, remember the oceanic staff that crashed into the lagos lagoon, Dagrin, the danfo that rammed into an electric pole at Mushin killing almost all the passengers at 2am during the easter weekend, the death of Aret Adams' son and the many violent deaths that have snatched many promising and prominent Nigerians

Ask yourself,  what would you feel if a friend attends your party, gets drunk and dies as a result of a car crash, would you forgive yourself?

Enough of the painful cries and wails of parents , siblings, heartbreaking thud of sand on coffins due to the carelesness and bad decisions leading to road carnage.

Please as you buy your cars in this auto section, remember life has no duplicate , no amount of safety features can save anyone from a bad accident (remember Lady Diane). Depend on defensive and safe driving not safety features of the vehicle.

Please pass on the message to your friends, colleages and all!!!!

May the souls of all those departed find rest in the Almighty.

God bless
Re: Stop The Death On Our Roads by labiyemmy(m): 10:43am On Apr 25, 2010
God bless you poster.

The ones who cant think will blame the government, the hospitals, the doctors and everyone else but the drivers.
Re: Stop The Death On Our Roads by Nobody: 10:51am On Apr 25, 2010
Good write-up there.

Yes, the Government needs to do a lot to reduce deaths, but drivers can also do their part.
Re: Stop The Death On Our Roads by sholasho(m): 10:52am On Apr 25, 2010
Thanks to you poster. I will try to pass this around.
Re: Stop The Death On Our Roads by inze(m): 1:35pm On Apr 25, 2010
informative and educative . . .

Thanks poster, God bless you for saving lives without knowing !!!
Re: Stop The Death On Our Roads by masido(f): 3:08pm On Apr 25, 2010
@poster,
thanks for the write up.
I will take note and pass this on.
Re: Stop The Death On Our Roads by tomialph(m): 4:08pm On Apr 25, 2010
LAGOS-IBADAN EXPRESSWAY IS THE WORST FEDERAL ROAD IN THE SOUTHWEST, TERRY G HAD AN ACCIDENT THERE JUST YESTERDAY,
Re: Stop The Death On Our Roads by nyrol(m): 4:46pm On Apr 25, 2010
@ Poster, each time i read something like this anywhere i always have a rethink about the way i drive. Pls people should come with more write-ups like this, its just like the word of God we dont get tired hearing them. Each time we listen to the word of God we always have a rethink about life. Young boys out there stop behaving like headless chickens, if you must live the hennessy, moet and poly life you sing about, make sure u take your chemicals and weed in your room and avoid driving till you are sure of a clear vision and sound mind. Abo oro ni an so fun omo luabi,
Re: Stop The Death On Our Roads by sultaan(m): 7:25pm On Apr 25, 2010
I will say if they had built the roads properly, those potholes will not be killing people like flies.
Most die running into/avoiding pot holes.

Please put lanes on the road in Lagos, you won't believe how much order it brings to commuting.
If you go to Ibadan, you'll see the same people drive normal.On Lagos roads,people drift all over trying to maintain speed.
Re: Stop The Death On Our Roads by GeorgeD1(m): 7:27pm On Apr 25, 2010
boladez,

you've done well with this beautiful write-up. i only hope people will learn and slow down.

where are we all rushing to speeding at break neck speed of 150km/hr? are we in a nascar race?  
Re: Stop The Death On Our Roads by inspiredm(m): 7:53pm On Apr 25, 2010
Heart Felt Write Up

Thanks for Snapping Us Up.

God Bless You.
cool cool
Re: Stop The Death On Our Roads by german007(m): 10:01pm On Apr 25, 2010
Probably the most thespian and intuitive write up I've come accross.

Touched the deepest zones of my heart.

Well done poster. cool cool

Moderators please take note. This should be on the front page. cool cool
Re: Stop The Death On Our Roads by Omolulu(m): 10:05pm On Apr 25, 2010
Wonderful write up brother, please post this around, Life is too short to be wasted via avoidable carelessness
Re: Stop The Death On Our Roads by nana(f): 10:21pm On Apr 25, 2010
Nice write up.
Re: Stop The Death On Our Roads by GeorgeD1(m): 11:35am On Apr 26, 2010
yeah. we all need a re-orientation on speed limits on our roads.
Re: Stop The Death On Our Roads by Jucol(m): 12:26pm On Apr 26, 2010
[size=14pt]This is a very good piece of advice for he/she that wants to listen.
For those of you putting the blame on the government, you have to rethink. With the bad roads people are over speeding. What will happen if the roads were good Some guys will want to floor the gas pedal. Note that air bags and seat belts will only easy the injury you will sustain. They are no guarantees for over speeding.

You drive according to the circumstances around you. If the roads are bad--- for goodness sake you SLOW DOWN. You dim your headlamps to avoid blinding the on coming car. You show simple road courtesy. These are what make a good driver. A good driving lesson should cover these and many more. That is were the government comes in.

The government should come up with a good system that ensures that people go through thorough driving lessons before issuance of drivers license.
A word for the wise is sufficient
[/size]
Re: Stop The Death On Our Roads by MrKelly: 1:04pm On Apr 26, 2010
@poster,
God bless you for this write up. I am guilty of this overspeeding issue especially on the 3rd mainland bridge, but I am having a rethink now after reading your post.
Re: Stop The Death On Our Roads by mrofficial(m): 3:38pm On Apr 26, 2010
Singing:

Fast life, I live, big cars, big cribs, speedin,
I’m speedin, I can’t stop it’s all I know,
from a youngin I was taught get doe,
I’m speedin, speedin, I’m speedin,

I'll try. Life is useless, most especially in Nigeria
Re: Stop The Death On Our Roads by Fhemmmy: 4:04pm On Apr 26, 2010
Great thread, hope people will listen.

I would add that the cute ladies shd help to prevent the accidents as well.
Men too, watch the roads well and leave dem hot dressed babes alone . . . . cool
Re: Stop The Death On Our Roads by GeorgeD1(m): 6:59pm On Apr 26, 2010
fhemmmy,
you mean the hot steppers also causing distractions on our roads? grin
Re: Stop The Death On Our Roads by tkb417(m): 7:01pm On Apr 26, 2010
and those rubbish trucks shd be cleared off the road
Re: Stop The Death On Our Roads by Fhemmmy: 7:04pm On Apr 26, 2010
George_D:

fhemmmy,
you mean the hot steppers also causing distractions on our roads? grin

Yes oh.
Re: Stop The Death On Our Roads by GeorgeD1(m): 3:26pm On Apr 27, 2010
fhemmmy,

na wao! those flexies on our roads can be very tempting oooooo! grin
Re: Stop The Death On Our Roads by Fhemmmy: 3:32pm On Apr 27, 2010
George_D:

fhemmmy,

na wao! those flexies on our roads can be very tempting oooooo!

Very right . . . . . so, see no evil, think no evil and no evil will befall you . . . grin
Re: Stop The Death On Our Roads by nnemak(m): 3:57pm On Apr 27, 2010
:-x

Re: Stop The Death On Our Roads by nnemak(m): 3:59pm On Apr 27, 2010
lipsrsealed we all need to be careful

Re: Stop The Death On Our Roads by Fhemmmy: 4:08pm On Apr 27, 2010
That is one serious accident
Re: Stop The Death On Our Roads by nnemak(m): 4:20pm On Apr 27, 2010
Re: Stop The Death On Our Roads by GeorgeD1(m): 4:44pm On Apr 27, 2010
oh, men! most of these cars nowadays na cardboard paper oooo! shocked
Re: Stop The Death On Our Roads by nnemak(m): 5:04pm On Apr 27, 2010
thats wat i thot when i saw the pix untill i had it collide with a trailer shocked shocked

(1) (Reply)

@@@ 2001 Mark Ch613 Tractor Head Only: $24,500 Cif Lagos Port / Urgent Pls: I Need A Car Security/tracker / sold

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.