Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,127 members, 7,814,942 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 12:59 AM

My Experience After Eating In A Fast Food::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::: - Food - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / My Experience After Eating In A Fast Food::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::: (15942 Views)

My Experience With Eating Tortoise For The First Time / Toddler Dies After Eating Poisoned Rice (pictures Of Suspects) / Five Confirmed Dead After Eating Dog Meat In Rivers (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Experience After Eating In A Fast Food::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::: by Nobody: 9:59am On Dec 10, 2014
do we have restaurant monitoring team in Nigeria
The restaurant/fastfood sector in Nigeria is largely unregulated and I am sure everyone or almost everyone reading this has fallen sick at some point in their life solely because they ate in a restaurant.
Restaurants are supposed to epitomize good food and hygiene ay the same time but this is not the case in most Nigerian restaurants.

Two days ago (8 december 2014) I decided to get food from THE PLACE restaurant on isaac john street, GRA ikeja.
I bought rice jambolaya, asun (spiced goat meat), and plantain. Few hours after munching down my "delectable" dish and washing it down with a dose of pepsi-cola- I started feeling terribly sick.
It started with unending toilet runs.
I was so tired and weak, then the vomitting started. I tried everything to hold it back but after several feeble attempts at pushing back the regurgitated food into my stomach, I couldn't take it any longer and had to let go.

The next day, I felt terribly tired and sick. My mom gave me some "injection" and I really feel better now but I still have this thumping headache and unabating tiredness.
I managed to hit the gym this morning but after 20 minutes of what I can only describe as an amble work-out, I gave up and went back home.

This left me wondering why restaurants are not subjected to random quality test by the relevant authorities?
No one is perfect and I know alot of nigerian restaurant will cut corners at any given opportunity. Any restaurant will cut corners in order to save cost- not just in nigeria but anywhere in the world.

Last week, while In jevinik (on isaac john street g.r.a), I requested to see their kitchen- the kitchen where my meal is getting prepared but the waiter flatly refused. He was polite about it and also assured me of good standards so I didnt make a fuse.

Sweet sensation's standard has depreciated so much but no one keeps them in line. same thing with mr biggs, tantalizers and so many other "big" restaurants.

Please, Which authority is in charge of restaurant inspection and what are they doing Is it till peole start dying before they step up and take the mantle of leadership.

My name is icebeatz and I am one pissed out customer.

http://spankthedonut..com/2014/12/do-we-have-restaurant-monitoring-team.html

16 Likes 3 Shares

Re: My Experience After Eating In A Fast Food::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::: by Nobody: 10:01am On Dec 10, 2014
so what do you want us to do?
angry

1 Like 1 Share

Re: My Experience After Eating In A Fast Food::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::: by Nobody: 10:05am On Dec 10, 2014
lilmaxfidel:
angry

The social media is a powerful tool.
Some people arent doing their jobs!!
Lest see if we can wake them up!

9 Likes

Re: My Experience After Eating In A Fast Food::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::: by Nobody: 10:09am On Dec 10, 2014
icebeatz:

The social media is a powerful tool.
Some people arent doing their jobs!!
Lest see if we can wake them up!
from?
Re: My Experience After Eating In A Fast Food::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::: by pweedyuz(f): 10:40am On Dec 10, 2014
wake them up
Dude,,,ur on a long tin

if u don't like their food,,,dey will tell u to go to other restaurant. Nd truly,if u dont like it u can go else where.

evriones kitchen is so. Nd d only time dey clean it properly is when it's tym for inspection...sometyms they even bribe d inspectors..#talking from experience#

1 Like

Re: My Experience After Eating In A Fast Food::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::: by Nobody: 1:08pm On Dec 10, 2014
pweedyuz:
wake them up
Dude,,,ur on a long tin

if u don't like their food,,,dey will tell u to go to other restaurant. Nd truly,if u dont like it u can go else where.

evriones kitchen is so. Nd d only time dey clean it properly is when it's tym for inspection...sometyms they even bribe d inspectors..#talking from experience#

Come on... its not about liking or hating their food.
Is about getting hygiene and clean meals. Meals that wouldnt poison you and make u purge for 100 years. Its about making sure that highest standard of neatness is observed during preparation of food that the public consumes. I cant keep paying to consume poison.

17 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Experience After Eating In A Fast Food::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::: by pweedyuz(f): 1:11pm On Dec 10, 2014
icebeatz:

Come on... its not about liking or hating their food.
Is about getting hygiene and clean meals. Meals that wouldnt poison you and make u purge for 100 years. Its about making sure that highest standard of neatness is observed during preparation of food that the public consumes. I cant keep paying to consume poison.
well.....gudluck with dat.
Re: My Experience After Eating In A Fast Food::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::: by PRISTINEMUSCLES: 6:11pm On Dec 10, 2014
Me and fast-food is like salt and earth-worm. I would not risk my life for anything. I always endeavour to eat my nutritous home-made food.

7 Likes

Re: My Experience After Eating In A Fast Food::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::: by 3coins(m): 11:27am On Dec 11, 2014
i eat at the place like everytime and i have not fallen ill. . . .i think the problem is with your body system bro

10 Likes

Re: My Experience After Eating In A Fast Food::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::: by Nobody: 11:34am On Dec 11, 2014
3coins:
i eat at the place like everytime and i have not fallen ill. . . .i think the problem is with your body system bro

Maybe sha... I feel much better now.
Re: My Experience After Eating In A Fast Food::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::: by Ezedon(m): 10:01pm On Dec 11, 2014
.even if we have one, u can easily bribed them n do ur biz
Re: My Experience After Eating In A Fast Food::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::: by purpinkx(m): 10:01pm On Dec 11, 2014
Lol " spiced goat meat " the goat is soo stubborn the meat no wan digest

12 Likes

Re: My Experience After Eating In A Fast Food::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::: by Abdgafarplenty(m): 10:02pm On Dec 11, 2014
Much said! we the bukaterian have nothing to worry about! we believe nd we digest

2 Likes

Re: My Experience After Eating In A Fast Food::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::: by dmjinc(m): 10:02pm On Dec 11, 2014
undecided undecided
Re: My Experience After Eating In A Fast Food::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::: by Emmalot121(m): 10:03pm On Dec 11, 2014
Sad one. I have a good wife, so I don't eat outside. grin I hate eating outside. lipsrsealed

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Experience After Eating In A Fast Food::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::: by iykomo0(m): 10:03pm On Dec 11, 2014
hmmm
Re: My Experience After Eating In A Fast Food::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::: by Fabdedon(m): 10:03pm On Dec 11, 2014
i dont eat out side rather i cook indomine grin
Re: My Experience After Eating In A Fast Food::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::: by MacluvPH(m): 10:04pm On Dec 11, 2014
Its a pity,that's why I prefer GENESIS RESTAURANT foods in PH and ENUGU.its a home away from home and exceptional.in summary they are simply the best.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: My Experience After Eating In A Fast Food::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::: by Nobody: 10:04pm On Dec 11, 2014
Hold on..... I de come!! grin
Re: My Experience After Eating In A Fast Food::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::: by Cmediagroup: 10:06pm On Dec 11, 2014
Cook indomie
Re: My Experience After Eating In A Fast Food::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::: by Nobody: 10:06pm On Dec 11, 2014
Most of them have turned to glorified buka..

Dirty toilet,and kitchen..

Last time I went to Tantalizer,panseke,abeokuta.

It looks abandoned,and dirty..

Mama risi's place is better than most of them..
Re: My Experience After Eating In A Fast Food::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::: by Kizito2nv(m): 10:07pm On Dec 11, 2014
r
Re: My Experience After Eating In A Fast Food::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::: by Emodeee: 10:08pm On Dec 11, 2014
@op do u live in lekki?
d typical nigerians who bank on local food canteen popularly called "mama put" doesn't fall sick, infact, they grow fatter, fresh and healthy.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Experience After Eating In A Fast Food::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::: by BE811APP: 10:10pm On Dec 11, 2014
Ok
Re: My Experience After Eating In A Fast Food::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::: by Nobody: 10:10pm On Dec 11, 2014
"Spank the donut"? LMAO!!!

1 Like

Re: My Experience After Eating In A Fast Food::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::: by Nobody: 10:10pm On Dec 11, 2014
Re: My Experience After Eating In A Fast Food::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::: by Newkidoo(m): 10:13pm On Dec 11, 2014
#TeamMrBiggs...
U got to be careful with wat u eat..
Re: My Experience After Eating In A Fast Food::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::: by Adesam09(m): 10:13pm On Dec 11, 2014
Na canteen
Re: My Experience After Eating In A Fast Food::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::: by Joshkid(m): 10:13pm On Dec 11, 2014
Re: My Experience After Eating In A Fast Food::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::: by Nobody: 10:15pm On Dec 11, 2014
icebeatz:
do we have restaurant monitoring team in Nigeria
The restaurant/fastfood sector in Nigeria is largely unregulated and I am sure everyone or almost everyone reading this has fallen sick at some point in their life solely because they ate in a restaurant.
Restaurants are supposed to epitomize good food and hygiene ay the same time but this is not the case in most Nigerian restaurants.

Two days ago (8 december 2014) I decided to get food from THE PLACE restaurant on isaac john street, GRA ikeja.
I bought rice jambolaya, asun (spiced goat meat), and plantain. Few hours after munching down my "delectable" dish and washing it down with a dose of pepsi-cola- I started feeling terribly sick.
It started with unending toilet runs.
I was so tired and weak, then the vomitting started. I tried everything to hold it back but after several feeble attempts at pushing back the regurgitated food into my stomach, I couldn't take it any longer and had to let go.

The next day, I felt terribly tired and sick. My mom gave me some "injection" and I really feel better now but I still have this thumping headache and unabating tiredness.
I managed to hit the gym this morning but after 20 minutes of what I can only describe as an amble work-out, I gave up and went back home.

This left me wondering why restaurants are not subjected to random quality test by the relevant authorities?
No one is perfect and I know alot of nigerian restaurant will cut corners at any given opportunity. Any restaurant will cut corners in order to save cost- not just in nigeria but anywhere in the world.

Last week, while In jevinik (on isaac john street g.r.a), I requested to see their kitchen- the kitchen where my meal is getting prepared but the waiter flatly refused. He was polite about it and also assured me of good standards so I didnt make a fuse.

Sweet sensation's standard has depreciated so much but no one keeps them in line. same thing with mr biggs, tantalizers and so many other "big" restaurants.

Please, Which authority is in charge of restaurant inspection and what are they doing Is it till peole start dying before they step up and take the mantle of leadership.

My name is icebeatz and I am one pissed out customer.

http://spankthedonut..com/2014/12/do-we-have-restaurant-monitoring-team.html
Thats what you get for eating in a cheap restaurant.

Can you pay #5,000 for a plate of rice
Re: My Experience After Eating In A Fast Food::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::: by Ahmed4002(m): 10:16pm On Dec 11, 2014
lip sealed.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Unusual Birthday Cakes (photos) / Catering Schools In Abuja / Between Kerosene Pressure Stove And Ordinary Kerosene Stove

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.