Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,308 members, 7,836,347 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 05:50 AM

My Experience After Eating In A Fast Food::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::: - Food (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / My Experience After Eating In A Fast Food::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::: (15975 Views)

My Experience With Eating Tortoise For The First Time / Toddler Dies After Eating Poisoned Rice (pictures Of Suspects) / Five Confirmed Dead After Eating Dog Meat In Rivers (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Experience After Eating In A Fast Food::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::: by Nobody: 10:16pm On Dec 11, 2014
True post,makes me reacall when i was in sec sch and we went for an excursion to a popular fast food in delta state, dont wanna call the name,anyway the kitchen smell was so bad we all devised methods of stylishly coveriing our nose lipsrsealed
Re: My Experience After Eating In A Fast Food::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::: by stanisbaratheon: 10:19pm On Dec 11, 2014
Cybermugu1:
Thats what you get for eating in a cheap restaurant.

Can you pay #5,000 for a plate of rice

Gucci Rice i suppose

1 Like

Re: My Experience After Eating In A Fast Food::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::: by Ebukabauer(m): 10:21pm On Dec 11, 2014
Wahala o
Re: My Experience After Eating In A Fast Food::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::: by Nobody: 10:24pm On Dec 11, 2014
icebeatz:
do we have restaurant monitoring team in Nigeria
The restaurant/fastfood sector in Nigeria is largely unregulated and I am sure everyone or almost everyone reading this has fallen sick at some point in their life solely because they ate in a restaurant.
Restaurants are supposed to epitomize good food and hygiene ay the same time but this is not the case in most Nigerian restaurants.

Two days ago (8 december 2014) I decided to get food from THE PLACE restaurant on isaac john street, GRA ikeja.
I bought rice jambolaya, asun (spiced goat meat), and plantain. Few hours after munching down my "delectable" dish and washing it down with a dose of pepsi-cola- I started feeling terribly sick.
It started with unending toilet runs.
I was so tired and weak, then the vomitting started. I tried everything to hold it back but after several feeble attempts at pushing back the regurgitated food into my stomach, I couldn't take it any longer and had to let go.

The next day, I felt terribly tired and sick. My mom gave me some "injection" and I really feel better now but I still have this thumping headache and unabating tiredness.
I managed to hit the gym this morning but after 20 minutes of what I can only describe as an amble work-out, I gave up and went back home.

This left me wondering why restaurants are not subjected to random quality test by the relevant authorities?
No one is perfect and I know alot of nigerian restaurant will cut corners at any given opportunity. Any restaurant will cut corners in order to save cost- not just in nigeria but anywhere in the world.

Last week, while In jevinik (on isaac john street g.r.a), I requested to see their kitchen- the kitchen where my meal is getting prepared but the waiter flatly refused. He was polite about it and also assured me of good standards so I didnt make a fuse.

Sweet sensation's standard has depreciated so much but no one keeps them in line. same thing with mr biggs, tantalizers and so many other "big" restaurants.

Please, Which authority is in charge of restaurant inspection and what are they doing Is it till peole start dying before they step up and take the mantle of leadership.

My name is icebeatz and I am one pissed out customer.

http://spankthedonut..com/2014/12/do-we-have-restaurant-monitoring-team.html

Ashewo boy, u sure say no be ashewo girl give u love concoction make u choow to fall in luv Dont come here giving us wrong stories, mr music producer.

1 Like

Re: My Experience After Eating In A Fast Food::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::: by slap1(m): 10:25pm On Dec 11, 2014
Cybermugu1:

A plate or a bag?
Re: My Experience After Eating In A Fast Food::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::: by seangy4konji: 10:25pm On Dec 11, 2014
Pano ko too sun...Oun da oru mu yan...(Off your light before you sleep,It deh cause heat).

Icebeatz...Na home cooking all the way for this area ooo...Can remember the last time i ate outside...
Re: My Experience After Eating In A Fast Food::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::: by sparkleboy(m): 10:26pm On Dec 11, 2014
K
Re: My Experience After Eating In A Fast Food::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::: by AdeniyiA(m): 10:27pm On Dec 11, 2014
icebeatz:

My name is icebeatz

http://spankthedonut..com/2014/12/do-we-have-restaurant-monitoring-team.html
na the name wey popsy give you be that angry
Btw, nowadays fast food joints has become fast death joints

1 Like

Re: My Experience After Eating In A Fast Food::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::: by AdeniyiA(m): 10:30pm On Dec 11, 2014
slap1:
A plate or a bag?
sad
don't mind the guy, in fact he needs your name wink
Re: My Experience After Eating In A Fast Food::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::: by JeffreyJamez(m): 10:40pm On Dec 11, 2014
Cybermugu1:

Do you know THE PLACE?.... I doubt it...

Op, I don't think it's the food from The place that did you that strong thing o....

2 Likes

Re: My Experience After Eating In A Fast Food::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::: by Affableacho(m): 10:42pm On Dec 11, 2014
sowi abt that, seriously wouldn't mind having a food flask even when I get married and my wife has to be a damn good cook, my dad had as similar experience wen I was little. wasn't funny.
Re: My Experience After Eating In A Fast Food::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::: by lafflaff123(m): 11:00pm On Dec 11, 2014
I also know Humans, especially Nigerians are a very bitter and jealous bunch who would have no qualms destroying another persons business.

I am putting my 50 cents that this poster might be a competitor or was sent by one to write this.
Re: My Experience After Eating In A Fast Food::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::: by LyfeJennings(m): 11:08pm On Dec 11, 2014
Just look at the rice U ate.

RICE JAMBOLAYA

& U expect not to fall sick when U munched such a terrible name down ur throat

2 Likes

Re: My Experience After Eating In A Fast Food::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::: by LyfeJennings(m): 11:09pm On Dec 11, 2014
lafflaff123:
I also know Humans, especially Nigerians are a very bitter and jealous bunch who would have no qualms destroying another persons business.

I am putting my 50 cents that this poster might be a competitor or was sent by one to write this.

He is not
He is a music producer. I know him

1 Like

Re: My Experience After Eating In A Fast Food::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::: by Nobody: 11:17pm On Dec 11, 2014
Op, that's y they call it fast food.It is literarily unhygenic.
Re: My Experience After Eating In A Fast Food::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::: by Anaskie(m): 11:20pm On Dec 11, 2014
Similar to what happened to me two days ago.
I went to one of the surviving Mr.Biggs outlets in Port-Harcourt and ordered rice and chicken. The food tasted very bad but I was terribly hungry, so I didn't have much choice but to eat it. Coupled with the fact dat the little meal was outrageously expensive.

Before I could even finish it, my tummy started. I thought it was probably because of how fast I rushed the food, so I didn't really think much about it. Although I do have a very delicate tummy. sad

Fast forward to 10 mins later, I was stuck in a terrible traffic and my stomach was on fire! I had to let my cousin take the steering and jumped out of the car to the nearest bank to relieve myself.
By the time I was out, the traffic had cleared and the silly boy had driven off, leaving me stranded because my fones and wallet were in the car.
If I hadn't seen an old pal of mine who came to the bank, I wonder how I'd have reached my house.
If not for God, I for kill that my silly cousin when I got home.

The ultimate blame still goes to Mr.Biggs sha. Those people should fear God o. undecided

2 Likes

Re: My Experience After Eating In A Fast Food::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::: by pheyikemi: 11:27pm On Dec 11, 2014
@ Op, all I can say is : indirectly you've eaten (a food contaminated with) someone's poo as evidenced by ur stooling and vomiting. Pele
Re: My Experience After Eating In A Fast Food::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::: by Odichi(f): 11:28pm On Dec 11, 2014
Lagos is a dirty place generally. People are always in a hurry avoiding precautions. my husby and i almost died after eating out in a restaurant some weeks back. Had similar food poison experience op had. So bad. I barely eat out.
Thank God we b relocating to abj. Lagosians attitude to cleanliness is very poor. Been pissed ever since i came here. Even d so called island,taking a ride to island via 3rd mainland bridge. The first tin dat welcomes u is perceive of odour from polluted waters.
Re: My Experience After Eating In A Fast Food::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::: by Nobody: 11:32pm On Dec 11, 2014
Yomieluv:
Most of them have turned to glorified buka..

Dirty toilet,and kitchen..

Last time I went to Tantalizer,panseke,abeokuta.

It looks abandoned,and dirty..

Mama risi's place is better than most of them..

Spot on...last time I ate in Chicken republic...only one toilet was working...we come dey queue to use toilet. The waitress' apparel were torn in some places...I just dey vex.
Re: My Experience After Eating In A Fast Food::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::: by onadana: 11:42pm On Dec 11, 2014
;DThere is this Mr Biggs on Kachia road Kaduna.....my God I wouldn't even give their food to starving refugees.It is calamitous to say the least.
Re: My Experience After Eating In A Fast Food::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::: by onadana: 11:46pm On Dec 11, 2014
;DThere is this Mr Biggs on Kachia road Kaduna.....my God I wouldn't even give their food to starving refugees.It is calamitous to say the least.

If you can don't eat out.....Atimes simple snacks and a drink is safer.
Re: My Experience After Eating In A Fast Food::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::: by optimusprime2(m): 11:50pm On Dec 11, 2014
icebeatz:

Maybe sha... I feel much better now.
I know cuisine hygiene is an issue in Nigeria, but I really think you have a food allergy, go and find out what you are specifically allergic to... in the United states an allergy test would have been ran on you first and foremost, before any blame on food poisoning would be considered...
Many Nigerians are allergic to certain substances but due to ignorance, carelessness and the "African pikin na iron, we fit chop anything" mindset, many people endup either abusing drugs, blaming witches and wizards or claim they were poisoned just because they consumed something they have a severe allergy to and were affected.
A friend of mine for example is Lactose intolerant but he never knew until recently he had an allergy test... before then anytime he took anything with milk, depending on the quantity -Zaaaap he has to go, if he did'nt findout about his lactose situation he'd keep blaming poor kitchens anytime he consumed any product with milk and got a stomach upset.
Some of you may even have an allergy to maggi and you dont know...
Think about it

2 Likes

Re: My Experience After Eating In A Fast Food::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::: by angelsing(m): 12:22am On Dec 12, 2014
MacluvPH:
Its a pity,that's why I prefer GENESIS RESTAURANT foods in PH and ENUGU.its a home away from home and exceptional.in summary they are simply the best.
Which Genesis?, the last time I visited Ph, theGenesis around artillery, their soup was pure rubbish. I ordered for pounded yam and egusi, regretted ever buying the food..it taste so bad that I wonder if a 4yr old prepared the soup..My friend I went to visit confirmed to me hw bad their food is..Abeg stop praising them jare!
Re: My Experience After Eating In A Fast Food::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::: by angelsing(m): 12:25am On Dec 12, 2014
Yomieluv:
Most of them have turned to glorified buka..

Dirty toilet,and kitchen..

Last time I went to Tantalizer,panseke,abeokuta.

It looks abandoned,and dirty..

Mama risi's place is better than most of them..
do people still visit Tantalizer?...I tot is now used for description most times..you will hear something like this "when u get to the front of Tz, just pass by the side my house is the first building at the back entrance"...By the way do u know if Mama cass is still at Paseke in abeokuta?

1 Like

Re: My Experience After Eating In A Fast Food::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::: by tonididdy(m): 1:00am On Dec 12, 2014
u should have insisted on seeing the kitchen...every customers deserves to see the condition of where the FOOD u going to take in is being prepared.

that was how I bought a pap(akamu) I prepared and ate. only for me to not stool or vomit but my tummy was pumped up for hours, constant stomach pain and not a single fart I could pass out. I never regained myself until my system made me ''throw up'' the crap and immediately I did. I was well enough to run round a football pitch a hundred times (just after 2mins of throwing up) as in I became normal .

1 Like

Re: My Experience After Eating In A Fast Food::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::: by Sanguine(f): 1:12am On Dec 12, 2014
I'd rather starve than eat anything from any so-called fast food restaurant. What with the nonsenses they serve and call food!!
Re: My Experience After Eating In A Fast Food::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::: by irokop(m): 2:19am On Dec 12, 2014
stanisbaratheon:

Gucci Rice i suppose

Or Hugo boss basmati
Re: My Experience After Eating In A Fast Food::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::: by irokop(m): 2:37am On Dec 12, 2014
Op sorry for ur experience, para venture such thing happen again try as much as u can to vomit all the junk poison it will help u recover quick, that's why when ever I visit naija I make sure that I don't eat any how, last time I visited I came back with malaria that nearly killed my enemy, my doctor said is a ver bad one called pasmotium or something like that

Since then I make sure that I preper my sangwich at home put it in a lunch box take my water or energy drink in other to avoid eating garbage as food out side home, life has no duplicate.

Even when I go out with friends I do try my best to avoid eating any thing at joints, I can only take drinks even some times they will serve expired drinks to gullible customers, I have been served a staout that expred two years back before.
Re: My Experience After Eating In A Fast Food::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::: by Nobody: 3:08am On Dec 12, 2014
JeffreyJamez:

Do you know THE PLACE?.... I doubt it...

Op, I don't think it's the food from The place that did you that strong thing o....

the what could it be laaa
i had virtually little or nothing that day and i was mad hungry.

to be honest, something was a little off about the food that day!!
Re: My Experience After Eating In A Fast Food::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::: by Nobody: 3:09am On Dec 12, 2014
angelsing:
do people still visit Tantalizer?...I tot is now used for description most times..you will hear something like this "when u get to the front of Tz, just pass by the side my house is the first building at the back entrance"...By the way do u know if Mama cass is still at Paseke in abeokuta?

lmaaaoooo!! jesu!!!
Re: My Experience After Eating In A Fast Food::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::: by Nobody: 3:10am On Dec 12, 2014
lafflaff123:

you are wrong this time... cos nothing concern me with fast food... i say it like it is!!
Re: My Experience After Eating In A Fast Food::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::: by Nobody: 5:20am On Dec 12, 2014
op maybe u ate that food in hurry sometimes when u eat in hurry that what happens.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Unusual Birthday Cakes (photos) / Catering Schools In Abuja / Between Kerosene Pressure Stove And Ordinary Kerosene Stove

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.