Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,342 members, 7,836,413 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 07:25 AM

My Experience After Eating In A Fast Food::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::: - Food (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / My Experience After Eating In A Fast Food::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::: (15976 Views)

My Experience With Eating Tortoise For The First Time / Toddler Dies After Eating Poisoned Rice (pictures Of Suspects) / Five Confirmed Dead After Eating Dog Meat In Rivers (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Experience After Eating In A Fast Food::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::: by Nobody: 5:29am On Dec 12, 2014
optimusprime2:

I know cuisine hygiene is an issue in Nigeria, but I really think you have a food allergy, go and find out what you are specifically allergic to... in the United states an allergy test would have been ran on you first and foremost, before any blame on food poisoning would be considered...
Many Nigerians are allergic to certain substances but due to ignorance, carelessness and the "African pikin na iron, we fit chop anything" mindset, many people endup either abusing drugs, blaming witches and wizards or claim they were poisoned just because they consumed something they have a severe allergy to and were affected.
A friend of mine for example is Lactose intolerant but he never knew until recently he had an allergy test... before then anytime he took anything with milk, depending on the quantity -Zaaaap he has to go, if he did'nt findout about his lactose situation he'd keep blaming poor kitchens anytime he consumed any product with milk and got a stomach upset.
Some of you may even have an allergy to maggi and you dont know...
Think about it
u are right bro kudos, like me am allergic to snail either fry or boil,anytime I take it my stomach will see hell.
Re: My Experience After Eating In A Fast Food::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::: by Ghyft(f): 5:57am On Dec 12, 2014
icebeatz:
do we have restaurant monitoring team in Nigeria
The restaurant/fastfood sector in Nigeria is largely unregulated and I am sure everyone or almost everyone reading this has fallen sick at some point in their life solely because they ate in a restaurant.
Restaurants are supposed to epitomize good food and hygiene ay the same time but this is not the case in most Nigerian restaurants.

Two days ago (8 december 2014) I decided to get food from THE PLACE restaurant on isaac john street, GRA ikeja.
I bought rice jambolaya, asun (spiced goat meat), and plantain. Few hours after munching down my "delectable" dish and washing it down with a dose of pepsi-cola- I started feeling terribly sick.
It started with unending toilet runs.
I was so tired and weak, then the vomitting started. I tried everything to hold it back but after several feeble attempts at pushing back the regurgitated food into my stomach, I couldn't take it any longer and had to let go.

The next day, I felt terribly tired and sick. My mom gave me some "injection" and I really feel better now but I still have this thumping headache and unabating tiredness.
I managed to hit the gym this morning but after 20 minutes of what I can only describe as an amble work-out, I gave up and went back home.

This left me wondering why restaurants are not subjected to random quality test by the relevant authorities?
No one is perfect and I know alot of nigerian restaurant will cut corners at any given opportunity. Any restaurant will cut corners in order to save cost- not just in nigeria but anywhere in the world.

Last week, while In jevinik (on isaac john street g.r.a), I requested to see their kitchen- the kitchen where my meal is getting prepared but the waiter flatly refused. He was polite about it and also assured me of good standards so I didnt make a fuse.

Sweet sensation's standard has depreciated so much but no one keeps them in line. same thing with mr biggs, tantalizers and so many other "big" restaurants.

Please, Which authority is in charge of restaurant inspection and what are they doing Is it till peole start dying before they step up and take the mantle of leadership.

My name is icebeatz and I am one pissed out customer.

http://spankthedonut..com/2014/12/do-we-have-restaurant-monitoring-team.html
na was oh...you don tour all the restaurants for your hood...... learn how to cook and cook responsibly
Re: My Experience After Eating In A Fast Food::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::: by boboLIL(m): 6:05am On Dec 12, 2014
Na poverty de disturb u.... Y yhu nogo
hotel so chop? Or y yhu no find high class restuarant? Y low profile one? Abeg....
Re: My Experience After Eating In A Fast Food::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::: by basilicaemezu(m): 7:09am On Dec 12, 2014
Am one of dia regular customer in dia outlet at Adeola Odeku VI. I can boldly tell u dat dia food is nyc mayb its ua boby system bro.
Re: My Experience After Eating In A Fast Food::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::: by evea: 7:11am On Dec 12, 2014
I once had. I fell sick. In short, my ulcer started. its from tantalizer at palmgrove.
Re: My Experience After Eating In A Fast Food::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::: by aytuns(m): 7:51am On Dec 12, 2014
Icebeatz, you sure the problem wasn't from you I.e food poisoning? Cos if it was really the fault of the restaurant, then many other customers should have the same complaint the same time about that particular food you ate
Re: My Experience After Eating In A Fast Food::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::: by ArcToyin(m): 8:27am On Dec 12, 2014
purpinkx:
Lol " spiced goat meat " the goat is soo stubborn the meat no wan digest
hahhahaaahh
Re: My Experience After Eating In A Fast Food::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::: by Nobody: 8:31am On Dec 12, 2014
pweedyuz:
wake them up
Dude,,,ur on a long tin

if u don't like their food,,,dey will tell u to go to other restaurant. Nd truly,if u dont like it u can go else where.

evriones kitchen is so. Nd d only time dey clean it properly is when it's tym for inspection...sometyms they even bribe d inspectors..#talking from experience#
do u work with one of these inspection teams Have you been bribed
Re: My Experience After Eating In A Fast Food::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::: by MistadeRegal(m): 9:31am On Dec 12, 2014
That's why I never take any food cooked outside my walls
Re: My Experience After Eating In A Fast Food::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::: by Nobody: 10:15am On Dec 12, 2014
dancok:
op maybe u ate that food in hurry sometimes when u eat in hurry that what happens.

Nah bro, I didnt eat in a hurry. I settled down to eat the food.
Re: My Experience After Eating In A Fast Food::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::: by delishpot: 10:25am On Dec 12, 2014
I was served spoilt rice at Mr biggs owerri, the one near teachers house. I was served sandy chicken in the Mr bigs towards IMSU, and once got served fermented rice in Mr bigs in lagos. I dont ever near Mr Bigs again Ever! So far so good jevnik has not served me rotten food yet.

If you complain now, ghetto peeps who cant believe someone will spend #1500 on food outside will ask why you eat out. As if its a crime to eat out.

1 Like

Re: My Experience After Eating In A Fast Food::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::: by delishpot: 10:28am On Dec 12, 2014
ladunsky:
do u work with one of these inspection teams Have you been bribed

Abi? They want you to go else where so they can poison others with their food.
Oga, you have had your turn. You have been adequately poisoned so....... NEEEXT!
Re: My Experience After Eating In A Fast Food::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::: by Nobody: 10:28am On Dec 12, 2014
delishpot:
I was served spoilt rice at Mr biggs owerri, the one near teachers house. I was served sandy chicken in the Mr bigs towards IMSU, and once got served fermented rice in Mr bigs in lagos. I dont ever near Mr Bigs again Ever! So far so good jevnik has not served me rotten food yet.

If you complain now, ghetto peeps who cant believe someone will spend #1500 on food outside will ask why you eat out. As if its a crime to eat out.

Haaba... the fact thatother people cant spend 1, 500 nd above on food does not make them ghetto nahh
Re: My Experience After Eating In A Fast Food::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::: by delishpot: 10:29am On Dec 12, 2014
dancok:
u are right bro kudos, like me am allergic to snail either fry or boil,anytime I take it my stomach will see hell.

That wasnt allergy. That was food poisoning.
Re: My Experience After Eating In A Fast Food::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::: by delishpot: 10:34am On Dec 12, 2014
icebeatz:

Haaba... the fact thatother people cant spend 1, 500 nd above on food does not make them ghetto nahh

Lol. I did not say the fact that one is poor makes him ghetto. The fact that one is angry when someone spends money that isnt a waste is what makes them ghetto.
As in, if I spend 1 million bucks to eat a plate of rice its a different thing and I will accept any insult or" money miss road" tag. But, if I buy a plate of rice at regular price and someone attacks me and ask why I cant cook and says serves me right that I got sold spoilt food cos I was wasting money. Now ,thats ghetto.

2 Likes

Re: My Experience After Eating In A Fast Food::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::: by Nobody: 3:20pm On Dec 12, 2014
They really need 2 start working so this restaurants won't kill us....something like dat happened to me..I purged the hell out of my life....I was so weak ...all I was just saying was had I know I wouldn't av bought d food
Re: My Experience After Eating In A Fast Food::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::: by Drdonzeez(m): 4:47pm On Dec 12, 2014
A newly admitted Uniben medical student?
Re: My Experience After Eating In A Fast Food::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::: by Opemipo011: 8:01pm On Dec 13, 2014
I remember going to a popular big restaurant in surulere with a friend. I decided to use d restroom while she places d order. when I got to d restroom, I could not believe what I saw. it looks like it's not been washed for days. I could not use it and I quickly rushed out and told my friend not to bother buying anything again...
till today, whenever I pass in front of d restaurant I still remember my experience with them and I wouldn't make d mistake of going there again.
Re: My Experience After Eating In A Fast Food::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::: by martin92(m): 11:04pm On Dec 14, 2014
lol
Re: My Experience After Eating In A Fast Food::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::: by KINGVIN(m): 11:37pm On Dec 18, 2014
[color=#990000][/color]The goat you ate were very stubborn or maybe it was a stolen goat Hahahahahahahahahah lol. That could be funny.... My candid advice to Bukaterian here in Nigeria´........ Is to watch carefully before they enter any Bukateria to eat in order not to come out crying." ...... Those incharge of the inspection of all this should Please be effective.
Cheers (D)
Re: My Experience After Eating In A Fast Food::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::: by marketresearch: 4:18pm On Jan 14, 2015
Bournvita
Whether served piping hot or refreshingly cold, this Cadbury's international favorite has had Nigerians swooning since it was first introduced to us over 50 years ago. Order now and get the kid inside you smiling.

for Nigerians looking for Bournvita in the US, you can get your ingredients here - http://www.nigerianfoods.com/products/bournvita?variant=953498681

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Unusual Birthday Cakes (photos) / Catering Schools In Abuja / Between Kerosene Pressure Stove And Ordinary Kerosene Stove

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.