Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,648 members, 7,809,450 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 09:49 AM

Beware Of Scams Claiming To Be Ymodulus - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Beware Of Scams Claiming To Be Ymodulus (2551 Views)

How Do I Get Ymodulus's Attention Plz / Attn: El-matteo, Surveycash, Ymodulus, Etc. A Wake-up Call Frm Naija Youths / Elmatteo And Ymodulus (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Beware Of Scams Claiming To Be Ymodulus by Ohana(m): 10:34am On Dec 10, 2014
I follow nairalanders, this thread is aimed at creating an awareness of people who claim to be someone they are not in order to defraud others. Pls shine ur eyes as i have been a victim of a scammer, pretending to be ymodulus. I placed order through him hoping he was whom he said he was only to find out after payment that i've been duped. I guess that is what i'll get after going against all the business principles i've learnt. 1. DTA: Don't Trust Anybody. This is one of the most vital key as business man. The aim of every biz man is to make money and many will do the undo to make that money and that is what i neglected that cost #14,500. Based on the good name ymodulus have on NL, i took so many questionable decision which ordinalily, i would verified before making payment. See what Breaking my first principle have cost me.

2 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Beware Of Scams Claiming To Be Ymodulus by Ohana(m): 10:50am On Dec 10, 2014
This thread is meant basically for newbies that intend to venture into importation biz to avoid being scam. I implore all the gurus all victims to assist in avoiding future happenings of this same issue.
Re: Beware Of Scams Claiming To Be Ymodulus by Ymodulus: 11:09am On Dec 10, 2014
Thanks.

Am also happy you verified I was not the one.

@ All please if u want to contact me for any business. Ask for verification of my identity. You can ask me to post a statement or sentence on nairaland with my username, and when I do so you verify am the one.

Same person who duped Ohana duped another nairalander of N53,000 naira this month.

His name are

Young Emmanuel ( UBA Account )
Emmanuel Aritwase (Zenith Bank Account )

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Beware Of Scams Claiming To Be Ymodulus by mayorall(m): 11:26am On Dec 10, 2014
Also you have to tell them your full name. Your full name and your phone number. Banks used etc. to avoid future occurrence.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Beware Of Scams Claiming To Be Ymodulus by chidekings(m): 11:34am On Dec 10, 2014
Ymodulus:
Thanks.

@ All please if u want to contact me for any business. Ask for verification of my identity. You can ask me to post a statement or sentence on nairaland with my username, and when I do so you verify am the one.

Same person who duped Ohana duped another nairalander of N53,000 naira this month.

His name are

nigga,long time
Re: Beware Of Scams Claiming To Be Ymodulus by dav8id(m): 11:40am On Dec 10, 2014
To verified whoever you want to transact with here on nairaland is simple....tell the person to make a suggested post on any of the thread on nairaland if the person has no thread of hes own...get the person phone number and others contact on the thread ....i see no reason why a business individual will hide hes contact ...@ymodulua ...its now left for you to take some proactive measure to put end to this..as this kind of issue happen to me also but thank God the scammer did not make the day as the indended victime quickly contact me to verified if its really me..

i can remeber even our own arbitrage also some try to do that in hes name..please guys and newbies be watch your move...

1 Like

Re: Beware Of Scams Claiming To Be Ymodulus by Ohana(m): 12:00pm On Dec 10, 2014
2. ASSUMPTION: Never assume and mind the word IF as this will bring you back to square one if care is not taken. It is better to Hear them say the word instead of assuming that is what they are going to say. I assumed he was ym and as such did not ask QUESTIONS now see the result.
3. INQUISITIVE: Always lot and lot of questions even if you think they re not necessary as this is to help you detect flaws and you have to be hyper sensitive especially with the senior scamers as they already have a strategised plan before going into action. E.g the guy that scamed me have an email as "Ymodulus Emmanuel <ymoduluse@gmail.com>". He probably have created this email after seeing my request to speak with ym. I did not ask question because of assumption. Another flaw i failed to notice due to the fact that i was blinded by trust was the email address, ymodulusE@gmail.com. Did you notice the word in capital letter? Ymodulus does not have "e" to his name. So you can now see that this flaws are right under my nose but i failed to recognise it because i was blinded by TRUST. I will open your eyes to subsequent flaws i failed to notice. Stay tuned...

2 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Beware Of Scams Claiming To Be Ymodulus by NotNairalandi(m): 12:38pm On Dec 10, 2014
Xmas is around the corner,may scammers are now released from the CAGE! Guys wash ur eyes twice before you open am!
Re: Beware Of Scams Claiming To Be Ymodulus by Ohana(m): 1:21pm On Dec 10, 2014
Let me show you another flaw i neglected. These are the acc. Info he sent to me.
Name: emmanuel Awaritefe
acc no. 0000071160
Bank: UBA
Africard name: young Emmanuel... I missed typed the acc no. That i sent to someone that i asked to make payment for me because i'm not chanced to do so myself. The bank reject the acc no. Stating it was incorrect. After i informed him of that, he sent this:
acc no. 0000871168
name: emmanuel Awaritete
bank: UBA
TYPE: VISA AFRICARD
Did you notice something? Look again...anything? Now let me show you: the surname from the first info, AwariteFE and the same at the later info, AwariteTE. Ah ha... The last two letters of his surname is different. Did he make mistake? Now that will mean ASSUMPTION and that is bad for biz. That should've stirred up some question which i failed to ask. Now let go back. Can you write your name with your eyes closed? Hell yes! Chances are he opened a new bank acc with probably a plastic id card and as such, has more than one acc that could've made him mistype his surname. I should've capitalised on this mistake but regret is all history now. I'm only doing this because an image of a good man is on the line, YM. Due to the fact that i can't pay to uba due to it distance from my bank. He sent me this acc. Info with home address because i told him i want to pay via bank transfer and they later demanded for beneficiary home address which he did provide even if i don't know if it is the real address:
acc. No: 2008753410
bank: zenith
name: emmanuel Awaritefe
Address: plot 27, northern foreshore estate, lekki lagos.
This is the acc i made the payments. I will throw more lights on this later.stay tuned...
Re: Beware Of Scams Claiming To Be Ymodulus by feeekey(f): 1:22pm On Dec 10, 2014
Nobody holy pass if u can't do d import dierectly gboju don't be a victim scammers r on d loose now #my one kobo

1 Like

Re: Beware Of Scams Claiming To Be Ymodulus by lekejob(m): 3:42pm On Dec 10, 2014
Ohana:
This thread is meant basically for newbies that intend to venture into importation biz to avoid being scam. I implore all the gurus all victims to assist in avoiding future happenings of this same issue.

am sorry 4 derailing d tread pls i don't know how 2 create tread, can u pls teach me?
Re: Beware Of Scams Claiming To Be Ymodulus by zemaye: 6:28pm On Dec 10, 2014
This Awariete fellow at it again kai na wa . a simple Google search will give you a list of his scams

1 Like

Re: Beware Of Scams Claiming To Be Ymodulus by Ali01: 7:22pm On Dec 10, 2014
Guys u need to shine ur eyes..
@Ymodulos... I see no reason why u should be hiden ur contact info..
As a business man u should have ur real contact spread everywere.. Their lot of people looking forward to make business deal with u.
Please let try to verify anybody before any deal.
Re: Beware Of Scams Claiming To Be Ymodulus by Nobody: 10:45pm On Dec 10, 2014

1 Like

Re: Beware Of Scams Claiming To Be Ymodulus by africanman85: 1:39pm On Dec 27, 2014
Why is this ymodulus hidding his contact ? Guy make people no over trust you o.
Re: Beware Of Scams Claiming To Be Ymodulus by Ymodulus: 2:59pm On Dec 27, 2014
africanman85:
Why is this ymodulus hidding his contact ? Guy make people no over trust you o.

Sir i do like to respond to your questions.

1. I have never come out on Nairaland to say i run a business of buying and selling or one continuous business or the other
2. Sir i have never posted that i procure goods for people.

Looking at the above two reasons, why should i make my contact open?? A lot of people know me as a monicker just giving tutorials,not running a Nairaland continuous business. So to this i am still a private individual.

3.Privacy:
Sir i have experience this over and over, when i make my number open,i receive countless Whatsapp messages, text messages and of all calls.They become so much that i cant even cope i myself.

This is one of the reason i deleted my number off Whatsapp. You get over 80 conversation and everyone wants reply a day. some get offended you ignored them, some get offended you never gave them good explanatory reply. Last week i tried going back to Whatsapp with my known phone number, and the messages were still too much.I asked several people not to greet me just move straight to the point,but the feel i am rude.

Recently i started asking business clients that call me not to greet me. Just call and say what you want but they feel you are rude without recognizing the fact that you have other callers, and personal time of your own.

Even at 1:00am Nigerians still call you and this is my only sim. So sir you get? Beside if am to run any business on nairaland,i have always put up my phone number till the deal is over.

Now sir i have my BBM Pin on my profile,if any one contacts me there good.As long asi have no active business on nairaland.I see no reason making my contact public. If you want me and you to carry out a business deal then contact me. or add me on bbm.

8 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Beware Of Scams Claiming To Be Ymodulus by Unique9: 8:45pm On Dec 27, 2014
op, pleaase i will suggest you remove ymodulus name from the topic or change the your topic to: someone scammed me with ymodulus name. If i tell you how crazy&shocked i was to see this topic you won't believe me, oga ymodulus don't mind the fakers, your reputation is showing full bar.
Re: Beware Of Scams Claiming To Be Ymodulus by Nobody: 3:36pm On Jan 03, 2015
Cc: surveyprof

I know you can handle this.

1 Like

Re: Beware Of Scams Claiming To Be Ymodulus by Nobody: 3:56pm On Jan 03, 2015
Ymodulus:
Thanks.

His name are

the emboldened is very weak. Are u aware that ur handle can be hijacked?
Re: Beware Of Scams Claiming To Be Ymodulus by Nobody: 4:02pm On Jan 03, 2015
Ymodulus:

1. I have never come out on Nairaland to say i run a business of buying and selling or one continuous business or the other

Looking at the above two reasons, why should i make my contact open?? A lot of people know me as a monicker just giving tutorials,not running a Nairaland continuous business. So to this i am still a private individual.

3.Privacy:
Sir i have experience this over and over, when i make my number open,i receive countless Whatsapp messages, text messages and of all calls.They become so much that i cant even cope i myself.

This is one of the reason i deleted my number off Whatsapp. You get over 80 conversation and everyone wants reply a day. some get offended you ignored them, some get offended you never gave them good explanatory reply. Last week i tried going back to Whatsapp with my known phone number, and the messages were still too much.I asked several people not to greet me just move straight to the point,but the feel i am rude.

Recently i started asking business clients that call me not to greet me. Just call and say what you want but they feel you are rude without recognizing the fact that you have other callers, and personal time of your own.

Even at 1:00am Nigerians still call you and this is my only sim. So sir you get? Beside if am to run any business on nairaland,i have always put up my phone number till the deal is over.

Now sir i have my BBM Pin on my profile,if any one contacts me there good.As long asi have no active business on nairaland.I see no reason making my contact public. If you want me and you to carry out a business deal then contact me. or add me on bbm.
grin that dude no understand cos he hasn't been there

1 Like

Re: Beware Of Scams Claiming To Be Ymodulus by Ohana(m): 9:06am On Jan 23, 2015
Unique9:
op, pleaase i will suggest you remove ymodulus name from the topic or change the your topic to: someone scammed me with ymodulus name. If i tell you how crazy&shocked i was to see this topic you won't believe me, oga ymodulus don't mind the fakers, your reputation is showing full bar.
bros sorry for the trauma, but the thread is made for newbie that always drop their numbers requesting someone to get back to them. Mind you that the scammers are not limited to ymodulus alone.
Re: Beware Of Scams Claiming To Be Ymodulus by Davidolives(m): 9:38am On Jan 23, 2015
abeg who don do business with jim poo for alibaba before ooooooooooo i no won make person chop my life savings ooooo
Re: Beware Of Scams Claiming To Be Ymodulus by Ohana(m): 12:45pm On Aug 21, 2015
one simple way to find out if a person or site have scammed someone before:
all you have to do is click on search icon in your browser, type the person's name(s) or website. afterward, put forward slash(/) and type scam. e.g I want to know if ohana is a scammer, all I need do is type OHANA/SCAM in your search engine and all scamming activities carried by ohana online will pop up. same thing applies to a website. WWW.ohana.com/scam

all this should be done in your search engine.
TOGETHER, WE CAN BUILD A SCAM FREE INTERNET

1 Like

Re: Beware Of Scams Claiming To Be Ymodulus by wealthtrak: 9:23pm On Aug 06, 2021
Ymodulus:

3.Privacy:

Bump...
Lessons learned.
Re: Beware Of Scams Claiming To Be Ymodulus by TheKingOfCrumb: 6:56am On Aug 07, 2021
Ohana:
one simple way to find out if a person or site have scammed someone before:
all you have to do is click on search icon in your browser, type the person's name(s) or website. afterward, put forward slash(/) and type scam. e.g I want to know if ohana is a scammer, all I need do is type OHANA/SCAM in your search engine and all scamming activities carried by ohana online will pop up. same thing applies to a website. WWW.ohana.com/scam

all this should be done in your search engine.
TOGETHER, WE CAN BUILD A SCAM FREE INTERNET
I have learned one thing Today
Re: Beware Of Scams Claiming To Be Ymodulus by nkemoke: 9:51am On Aug 07, 2021
Chai !! Ymodulus I just remembered you yesterday and was saying it's been a long time I saw you post on nairaland and was wondering how you are doing.
Good to know you're good. As per scammers, dem no dey tire. Scamming is their regular job. People should always try to do all necessary verification before transacting with strangers.
Cheers.
Re: Beware Of Scams Claiming To Be Ymodulus by Rondrosco: 1:49am On Aug 23, 2021
thanks sir..... but i will be updating you soon on many benefits of businesses.
i currently run so many businesses in Nigeria ANONYMOUSLY.....
because i know thats just the best way to do it
its good to be back
i am ymodulus.....
took a break from nairaland for a while
its really good to be back
Re: Beware Of Scams Claiming To Be Ymodulus by nkemoke: 7:44pm On Aug 23, 2021
See anotherscammer ooo!!! I don bail!!! �‍♂️�‍♂️�‍♂️�‍♂️
Rondrosco:
thanks sir..... but i will be updating you soon on many benefits of businesses.
i currently run so many businesses in Nigeria ANONYMOUSLY.....
because i know thats just the best way to do it
its good to be back
i am ymodulus.....
took a break from nairaland for a while
its really good to be back

(1) (Reply)

International Dropshipping - Payment Gateway Update / »»» Newly Built Ramp Barge @ N75M Negotiable ««« / How Do I Change The Postal Code For My Payoneer Card Before It Is Been Shipped

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.