Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,193,961 members, 7,952,870 topics. Date: Thursday, 19 September 2024 at 06:16 AM

Court Orders Obasanjo to Show Cause Why He Should Not Be Committed To Prison - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Court Orders Obasanjo to Show Cause Why He Should Not Be Committed To Prison (2885 Views)

The Day Atiku Blasted Obasanjo To His Face / ECOWAS Vows Never To Invite Obasanjo To Monitor Election / Obasanjo To Boko-Haram: “You Can Never Win This War” (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Court Orders Obasanjo to Show Cause Why He Should Not Be Committed To Prison by tkconcept(m): 4:44pm On Dec 10, 2014
I was in court 30 of FCT today when upon application by Iziyon SAN, the FCT High court made an order restraining former president Obasanjo from publishing or distributing his new book 'My Watch'. The court further ordered the police, SSS, Civil Defence and custom service to seize any copy of the book found in Nigeria, leaving or coming into nigeria and same be deposited in the court registry pending the hearing of the case already before the court.

The court gave Obasanjo 21 days to come and show cause why he should not be committed to prison for disobeying the courts order.

Apparently, Obasanjo had ignored an earlier order of court and gone ahead with the publication.
Re: Court Orders Obasanjo to Show Cause Why He Should Not Be Committed To Prison by temitemi1(m): 4:49pm On Dec 10, 2014
That's the perfect place for baba iyabo @ d moment grin grin

2 Likes

Re: Court Orders Obasanjo to Show Cause Why He Should Not Be Committed To Prison by Ama80(f): 4:57pm On Dec 10, 2014
Op did u see me there cos I was there.d rulin kept us all waitin outside til abt 1pm

1 Like

Re: Court Orders Obasanjo to Show Cause Why He Should Not Be Committed To Prison by tkconcept(m): 4:57pm On Dec 10, 2014
temitemi1:
grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Court Orders Obasanjo to Show Cause Why He Should Not Be Committed To Prison by Nobody: 4:58pm On Dec 10, 2014
A man who unleashed a reign of terror and impugnity, looted this country by virtue of the powers vested in him by the law. How can he turn round and thumb his nose at same law?

They should have committed him to prison already.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Court Orders Obasanjo to Show Cause Why He Should Not Be Committed To Prison by tkconcept(m): 4:59pm On Dec 10, 2014
Ama80:
Op did u see me there cos I was there.d rulin kept us all waitin outside til abt 1pm
well can't see your profile pix so i cant tell. undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided
Re: Court Orders Obasanjo to Show Cause Why He Should Not Be Committed To Prison by clubone05: 5:00pm On Dec 10, 2014
Leaving the message and hanging the messenger.
Re: Court Orders Obasanjo to Show Cause Why He Should Not Be Committed To Prison by Nobody: 5:03pm On Dec 10, 2014
Story for the gods. Bab a will come out on top of this one. Watch Outt
Re: Court Orders Obasanjo to Show Cause Why He Should Not Be Committed To Prison by morefire: 5:10pm On Dec 10, 2014
if your name was mentioned please write your own book. If you cant express yourself please hire me, tell me your side in pidgin english and i will help write the book...

these are very interesting revelations I must confess

waiting to read the whole book mehn hope i go see am for traffic

2 Likes

Re: Court Orders Obasanjo to Show Cause Why He Should Not Be Committed To Prison by iamodenigbo1(m): 5:47pm On Dec 10, 2014
buying from traffic guys,more cheaper
Re: Court Orders Obasanjo to Show Cause Why He Should Not Be Committed To Prison by ramonchang(m): 5:56pm On Dec 10, 2014
#thrisfayaondmountain#
Re: Court Orders Obasanjo to Show Cause Why He Should Not Be Committed To Prison by xpac01(m): 6:07pm On Dec 10, 2014
From prison to palace, from palace to...... Please this baba should not let the court complete the rest. He should go home with good for trash 'HIS WATCH' and wait for the day he'll be committed to mother earth. Please!!
Re: Court Orders Obasanjo to Show Cause Why He Should Not Be Committed To Prison by OrlandoOwoh(m): 6:08pm On Dec 10, 2014
The Court should tell us why the judgement stopping Obasanjo from publishing his book was delivered last week, when it was supposed to be delivered this week.
Re: Court Orders Obasanjo to Show Cause Why He Should Not Be Committed To Prison by enoqueen: 6:31pm On Dec 10, 2014
I beg make the book come out quick. I can't wait to read it.
Re: Court Orders Obasanjo to Show Cause Why He Should Not Be Committed To Prison by LFJ: 6:32pm On Dec 10, 2014
There is no court in the world that can stop anybody from writing or publishing his or her autography. It is only in Nigeria the ppl that suppose to be honorable judge begin to sell justice.
You can only sue if you find any part of the book offensive, but not to stop him from telling his own story. That is his own right guaranty by our constitution.

5 Likes

Re: Court Orders Obasanjo to Show Cause Why He Should Not Be Committed To Prison by Eziachi: 6:36pm On Dec 10, 2014
Nigeria judiciary is a cash and carry judicial system. Wait and see as OBJ buys his own counter injunction from another judge.
If anyone doesn't like what is in the book, you sue him for defamation, how does a court ban an opinion, which is what the book is?

1 Like

Re: Court Orders Obasanjo to Show Cause Why He Should Not Be Committed To Prison by Adminisher: 6:41pm On Dec 10, 2014
The judge should show cause why he should not be committed to an asylum for passing judgement on an expired case. A book has been published cannot be stopped and the motion before the court was not to stop the launching. The aggrieved people can only sue for libel if anything in the book is seen as such. In any case Baba covered all bases. What was rumour he called rumour. What was fact he called fact.

1 Like

Re: Court Orders Obasanjo to Show Cause Why He Should Not Be Committed To Prison by Iroh88(m): 6:42pm On Dec 10, 2014
Baba would simply tell them he reserves the right to his freedom of expression. Simple.

Let them jail him if they can. Ohhhhh, how happy I would be seeing president Jonathan driving the last nail into his coffin!!

1 Like

Re: Court Orders Obasanjo to Show Cause Why He Should Not Be Committed To Prison by Nobody: 7:05pm On Dec 10, 2014
I dey pity that judge
OBJ wey no send anybody as him dey
Saying anything he wants
Moreover na Only formalities obj can't be imprisoned

1 Like

Re: Court Orders Obasanjo to Show Cause Why He Should Not Be Committed To Prison by iykepromotions: 7:22pm On Dec 10, 2014
temitemi1:
remember he has been there before and wouldn't mind to go back.
Re: Court Orders Obasanjo to Show Cause Why He Should Not Be Committed To Prison by iykepromotions: 7:23pm On Dec 10, 2014
temitemi1:
remember he has been there before and may not mind to go back.
Re: Court Orders Obasanjo to Show Cause Why He Should Not Be Committed To Prison by iykepromotions: 7:25pm On Dec 10, 2014
enoqueen:
I beg make the book come out quick. I can't wait to read it.
according to reliable source the 3 volumes goes for N25k. hope you can afford it
Re: Court Orders Obasanjo to Show Cause Why He Should Not Be Committed To Prison by Caseless: 7:27pm On Dec 10, 2014
temitemi1:
he's too strong to go there. I expect gej to b taken to prison soon.
Re: Court Orders Obasanjo to Show Cause Why He Should Not Be Committed To Prison by Caseless: 7:28pm On Dec 10, 2014
iykepromotions:
according to reliable source the 3 volumes goes for N25k. hope you can afford it
pirated copy suppose dey nau. Trust naija.
Re: Court Orders Obasanjo to Show Cause Why He Should Not Be Committed To Prison by Nobody: 7:41pm On Dec 10, 2014
Caseless:
pirated copy suppose dey nau. Trust naija.
Say No To Piracy grin
Re: Court Orders Obasanjo to Show Cause Why He Should Not Be Committed To Prison by Caseless: 7:51pm On Dec 10, 2014
barcanista:
Say No To Piracy grin
u ar right. Our general shal make our stringent anti-piracy laws work when he takes over next year.
Re: Court Orders Obasanjo to Show Cause Why He Should Not Be Committed To Prison by MudRaker: 7:55pm On Dec 10, 2014
Obasanjo needs to be committed to an asylum
Re: Court Orders Obasanjo to Show Cause Why He Should Not Be Committed To Prison by redsun(m): 8:01pm On Dec 10, 2014
He thinks he is above the law and the people. I thought I heard it somewhere thar a toothless court ordered him not to publish that notorious biography,but he went ahead as if the court has no jurisdiction. It will be the beginning of sanity in Nigeria if this man gets locked up for good by the law.
Re: Court Orders Obasanjo to Show Cause Why He Should Not Be Committed To Prison by ishiamu(m): 8:04pm On Dec 10, 2014
ramonchang:
#thrisfayaondmountain#

Run run run
Re: Court Orders Obasanjo to Show Cause Why He Should Not Be Committed To Prison by Godbest(m): 8:14pm On Dec 10, 2014
One thing i like about baba is that he alway come out strong anytime , he is criticize
Baba have many wrongs but is good side can never be suppress
i believe he is revealing all this information so that younger generation can learn from is mistake and be wise
Baba is revealing all this information so that we will not be deceive by all this evil Politician
READ OBJ BOOK AND BE WISE only fool will insult and condemn this man
if Nigerian have be pressurizing it govt thing will have improve more than this level
it is only a fool that will not read and learn
it is only a fool that will want to stop a learning process by going to court to stop the book launching
it is only a kettle that have the right to call a pot black
in fact JESUS become sinner so that we sinner can be save and if we refuse to be save then he have the right to judge us and send us to hell
pls NIGERIAN LEAVE OBJ ALONE LET HIM TALK AND TELL THE TRUTH SO THAT THE TRUTH CAN SET US FREE

3 Likes

Re: Court Orders Obasanjo to Show Cause Why He Should Not Be Committed To Prison by AdeniyiA(m): 8:15pm On Dec 10, 2014
ironically, they are making the book popular. big advertisement if you ask me.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (Reply)

So Sad! Some Youths Are Selling Their Pvcs For N10,000? / Evidence Of Payment Of Bribe To Kaduna Islamic Clerics By GEJ [PICS] / APC Crisis: I’ll Fight With All Assets At My Disposal – Atiku

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.