Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,806 members, 7,820,820 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 10:30 PM

PDP Represents Change Better Than APC - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / PDP Represents Change Better Than APC (623 Views)

PDP Supporters Has Grown Stronger Than APC Change Agents on Nairaland / Osinbajo Represents Buhari At The Swearing In Of Conde, Guinea President / Buhari Represents Change Nigeria Needs – Amaechi (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

PDP Represents Change Better Than APC by Justcash(m): 4:46am On Dec 11, 2014
The word 'Change' implies doing something differently. It means going against the status quo and taking a direction that is against the norm. In politics, it means going beyond mere change of government to re-define the political achitecture of a nation.

In Nigerian politics, the people that represent the status quo are the politicians that managed the affairs of Nigeria in the past. They defined the political system of Nigeria from the 1960s-2000s. However, this political system has proven to be everything but progressive. It is repressive, corrupt, wasteful, clueless, inept, deficient and anti-masses. Among prominent Nigerian political leaders that played major roles in shaping this retrogressive system were Olusegun Obasanjo, Shehu Shagari, Muhammadu Buhari, Ibrahim Babangida, Sani Abacha, Atiku Abubakar and many more.

Change, in the context of Nigerian politics entails the emergence of a political system where;

1. The masses can be heard.

2. Justice can be dispensed without political influence.

3. Political will for development can be followed by visible actions.

4. Opposition is not a prerequisite for being haunted and killed.

5. Where the excesses that represents the old political brigade can be checked.

6. Where developmental efforts is equitably spread to every nook and cranny of Nigeria without prejudice.

Political change in Nigeria entails allowing for the emergence of new crop of young politicians that can lead Nigeria with advanced knowledge of modern political dynamics at both local and international levels.

Severally, I shudder at the sight of politicians like Muhammedu Buhari and Atiku Abubakar leading a seeming push towards a new era in Nigerian politics. I shudder because their actions represent a shameless display of utter hypocrisy. These politicians belong to the old brigade in Nigerian politics. They played very big roles in the destruction of Nigeria. They perpetuated tyranny, repression and corruption in their various capacities. More still, their most ardent supporters are their cronies from the old brigade like Obasanjo and co. Their claim of representing change messes up my sense of reasoning because the paradox of the idea itself is too confusing to conceive.

I have nothing against APC as a party. However, I must say that their flagrant use of CHANGE as a slogan will lead to their defeat if any of these members of the old brigade, especially ATIKU Abubakar and Muhammedu Buhari is elected to represent them. One cannot help but wonder why APC ignore vibrant representatives of true change like Fashola, Oshiomole, Okorocha and may be Amaechi (even though I don't like him). So far, they have presented recycled PDP candidates, some of whom defected overnight to win their primaries e.g. Gemade (can you imagine!).

As of now, PDP represents change than APC. To understand what I am talking about, compare the politicians representing PDP and APC, you will see that most members of the old brigade that destroyed Nigeria from the 60s till the 2000s actually seem to find solace in APC. At the presidential level, Goodluck Jonathan represents change than Muhammadu Buhari, Kwakwanso and ATIKU Abubakar. Look at people like El Rufai, Tambuwal and co striving to represent APC as governors. These are old skool politicians that have proven that their best efforts cannot develop Nigeria.

If CHANGE is the basis upon which the masses should vote, then APC does not stand a chance against PDP.

Once again, I have written as a neutral observer.

1 Like

Re: PDP Represents Change Better Than APC by Justcash(m): 4:58am On Dec 11, 2014
Buhari

Re: PDP Represents Change Better Than APC by Justcash(m): 5:02am On Dec 11, 2014
Atiku

Re: PDP Represents Change Better Than APC by Justcash(m): 5:07am On Dec 11, 2014
Musa Kwakwanso

Re: PDP Represents Change Better Than APC by Caseless: 5:31am On Dec 11, 2014
Consanguinity of those who really want the status quo to remain and the pdp to remain in power can be megascopically seen in their piece.
Re: PDP Represents Change Better Than APC by lonelydora: 5:42am On Dec 11, 2014
GEJ until APC brings a credible person.
Re: PDP Represents Change Better Than APC by Ambrogio(m): 5:48am On Dec 11, 2014
Re: PDP Represents Change Better Than APC by Nobody: 5:58am On Dec 11, 2014
Op I need some of ur weed as mosquito repellant in my room!
Re: PDP Represents Change Better Than APC by SirHouloo(m): 7:21am On Dec 11, 2014
One of the sane unbiased writeups I have seen in a long time.
Re: PDP Represents Change Better Than APC by condralbede(m): 7:57am On Dec 11, 2014
Association of propagandist....

(1) (Reply)

Join The Clarion Call: Seun Add A 'dislike' Button To Every Topic Or Post / The Fallacy Of Muslim-muslim Ticket & Islamization Of Nigeria / Pdpians,Gejians And Tanians Are COMEDIANS

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.