Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,962 members, 7,835,207 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 07:03 AM

Gej Lists Of Promises Are As Long As The List Of Disappointments- Fashola Admits - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Gej Lists Of Promises Are As Long As The List Of Disappointments- Fashola Admits (2247 Views)

Cartoon Pics: Change of promises and others / APC Governorship Primaries: States & Lists Of Winners / Election Promises Are Fulfilled. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Gej Lists Of Promises Are As Long As The List Of Disappointments- Fashola Admits by farem: 5:54am On Dec 11, 2014
Fashola Addresses APC delegates

My duty today is simple; yet it is one that excites me very deeply because as I welcome you all to Lagos and to the first Presidential Convention of the All Progressives Congress, I am confident that I am welcoming you to change.
I welcome you to a change that is for the better.
I welcome you to change that will liberate Nigeria from inefficient national management.
I welcome you all delegates from across Nigeria, to Lagos, where the first building blocks of the country now known as Nigeria were laid.
I welcome you back to the epicenter of nationalism and the home of change, where our pre-eminent nationalists forced a change from colonial government to a Nigerian government.
I welcome you all back to where the promise of Nigeria was hatched, as a land of endless opportunities.
Unfortunately, the bridge between us and our opportunities have been shattered by a series of broken promises by a party, Government and President for whom promises mean nothing.
I have made it my task to record as many of the promises made by President Jonathan and his party. The lists of promises are as long as the list of disappointments.
All over Nigeria, he made promises to us and as far as Lagos is concerned, I can tell you that those promises remain unfulfilled without explanation.
I do not know what all experiences from your various states are, but I will repeat here, some of the promises that I recorded that he made across Nigeria and ask you to tell us whether they have been fulfilled.
· To complete the second River Niger bridge before the expiration of the tenure
·To make the Minister of Works to immediately start repairs of the road leading to Murtala Mohammed International Airport
·To transform all major routes in Damaturu to federal roads
·To assist in resuscitating all the collapsed industries in Kano state
·To set up a committee to review Federal government landed properties in Lagos, hand over those that should and retain those that should be in possession of the Federal Government.
·To give Sokoto-Kotangora road unfettered attention
·To deliver stable, constant supply of electricity
·To ensure that Nigerians do not use generators more than two times in a week
·To explore the coal deposits in Benue and Kogi states for improved power supply
·To reduce the importation of generators at least 90 percent in four years.
·To address the issues of unemployment through diversification of the nation’s economy to that of sustainable agricultural development across the 36 states of federation
·To create 1.5 million jobs in 2 years
·To transform the economy within four years
·To construct 2 world scale petrochemical plants, 2 fertilizer plants and 2 fertilizer blending plants.
·To establish petrochemical plant around Koko Free Trade Zone in Delta State
·To make Nigeria go beyond producing and exporting crude oil to exporting refined petroleum products because Nigeria has no reason to keep importing kerosene
·To make anyone caught breaching the public peace to face the full wrath of the law.
·To make sure that no part of the country is allowed to be a sanctuary for criminals anymore be they armed robbers or kidnappers
·To make a complete transformation of national security architecture
·To ensure there is no sacred cow in the fight against corruption; all crimes will be investigated as security is key.
· To strengthen EFCC and ICPC to fight crime
·To embark on irrigation project to boost production; to start two projects in Kwara State
·To boost farming activities by providing power and water
·To re-build Ilesa water scheme
·To complete Ife/Ijesa dam
·To provide sufficient water to the people of Taraba;
·To revamp mining activities in Jos, Plateau State
·To make solid mineral key revenue source in Nigeria
·To fight corruption regardless of the position of the person involved
·To play politics without bitterness.
·To lead by example; strengthen the anti-graft agencies, not interfere and give free hand on all matters of investigation against any government official.
·To ensure that the National Boundary Development Agencies are funded to tackle the challenges that arose out of the ceding of Bakassi to Cameroun
Today, we must rebuild the bridge that will bring change to Nigeria and more Nigerians closer to the promise of Nigeria.
Today you will have the opportunity to change broken promises to fulfilled promises and rescue Nigeria from mismanagement and bad governance.
Our party has carefully developed a Manifesto through which the broken and unfulfilled promises made to the people of Nigeria can be actualized.
The Manifesto is anchored on changing insecurity to security.
That Manifesto will change a dysfunctional government to an efficient Government.
That Manifesto will change underdevelopment to rapid and accelerated development.
That Manifesto will change our poor circumstances to a prosperous dawn.
That Manifesto will change Nigeria’s global reputation from its current dismal status to one of international respect and global admiration.
One man will bear the responsibility and enormous burden for implementing that Manifesto and the change that it brings.
All of you, our delegates are the men and women to whom history has been so kind to bring to this day, to this State, to this venue and to this moment, to choose that man with your votes.
Let me be clear. What you are gathered to do is epical.
What you are gathered to do is not easy. Change is not easy.
What you are gathered to do is important to the whole world.
Let me remind you that we gather to vote to make a choice that will alter the way Nigeria develops and in that way, Africa develops.
You are gathered to elect the potential leader of Africa’s most populous nation.
You are gathered to elect the Ambassador of Change.
Please do so wisely, decorously and with a sense of duty.
God bless you all as you cast the votes to change Nigerians for the better. Long live the All Progressives Congress.
Long live the Federal Republic of Nigeria.
Thank you.
Babatunde Raji Fashola, SAN
Governor of Lagos State

7 Likes

Re: Gej Lists Of Promises Are As Long As The List Of Disappointments- Fashola Admits by Movesz(m): 5:58am On Dec 11, 2014
So
Re: Gej Lists Of Promises Are As Long As The List Of Disappointments- Fashola Admits by dunkem21(m): 6:00am On Dec 11, 2014
Go and pick up his catalog of unprecedented verifiable achievements made available on his declaration date.

He has done enough to earn our votes.

Ebele till 2019.

6 Likes

Re: Gej Lists Of Promises Are As Long As The List Of Disappointments- Fashola Admits by farem: 6:07am On Dec 11, 2014
[color=#550000][/color]
dunkem21:
Go and pick up his catalog of unprecedented verifiable achievements made available on his declaration date.

Ebele till 2019.

List JUST six from your 'unprecedented achievement' in his las SIX year of LEGACY OF WASTAGE

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Gej Lists Of Promises Are As Long As The List Of Disappointments- Fashola Admits by dunkem21(m): 6:14am On Dec 11, 2014
farem:
[color=#550000][/color]

List JUST six from your 'unprecedented achievement' in his las SIX year of LEGACY OF WASTAGE

Don't be lazy, my friend. Get the catalog and choose any 20 you like. Its over 200 major achievements.

3 Likes

Re: Gej Lists Of Promises Are As Long As The List Of Disappointments- Fashola Admits by madridguy(m): 6:19am On Dec 11, 2014
Oya make e-war start now.
Re: Gej Lists Of Promises Are As Long As The List Of Disappointments- Fashola Admits by dunkem21(m): 6:23am On Dec 11, 2014
madridguy:
Oya make e-war start now.

Dem still dey Teslim Balogun square. That's why everywhere looks calm and deserted. angry

1 Like

Re: Gej Lists Of Promises Are As Long As The List Of Disappointments- Fashola Admits by Mzgracie(f): 6:37am On Dec 11, 2014
@topic... Lwtmb

I wonder when politicians in Nigeria will stop criticizing themselves. Well, Goodluck has disappointed a lot already. He should not add to the disappoints further.

1 Like

Re: Gej Lists Of Promises Are As Long As The List Of Disappointments- Fashola Admits by akymme(m): 6:41am On Dec 11, 2014
I am yet to understand why we deceive ourselves in this country, 1 dollar is almost 200 naira now, if not for bb subscription am sure most of us won't be able to send our cv or even make comments on NL, our leaders are killing us, PDP in the federal seat since 1999, and we are yet to see anything good outta them, am not saying APC is the messaih but let's reason and give another party a chance. Am tired of all the e-warriors paid by politicians. If you are paid to support a party today,no pension for you tmrw oooo so be wise

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Gej Lists Of Promises Are As Long As The List Of Disappointments- Fashola Admits by farem: 6:42am On Dec 11, 2014
[color=#770077][/color]
dunkem21:

Don't be lazy, my friend. Get the catalog and choose any 20 you like. Its over 200 major achievements.

See the usual tactic. None of the transformation deformation worth its salt. The know and cannot bring them on because they are all phantom

2 Likes

Re: Gej Lists Of Promises Are As Long As The List Of Disappointments- Fashola Admits by crown777(m): 6:51am On Dec 11, 2014
akymme:
I am yet to understand why we deceive ourselves in this country, 1 dollar is almost 200 naira now, if not for bb subscription am sure most of us won't be able to send our cv or even make comments on NL, our leaders are killing us, PDP in the federal seat since 1999, and we are yet to see anything good outta them, am not saying APC is the messaih but let's reason and give another party a chance. Am tired of all the e-warriors paid by politicians. If you are paid to support a party today,no pension for you tmrw oooo so be wise

Wise Mind!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Gej Lists Of Promises Are As Long As The List Of Disappointments- Fashola Admits by Caseless: 7:01am On Dec 11, 2014
That's what you get when a sheep is asked to lead lions.
Re: Gej Lists Of Promises Are As Long As The List Of Disappointments- Fashola Admits by Caseless: 7:05am On Dec 11, 2014
dunkem21:

u are a liar who was taught by a bigger liar, gej. Give us the list, u shameless duck.

2 Likes

Re: Gej Lists Of Promises Are As Long As The List Of Disappointments- Fashola Admits by SirHouloo(m): 7:05am On Dec 11, 2014
No Okorocha, no candidate.... Watching Buhari's chat on Channels wasn't impressive at all.
Re: Gej Lists Of Promises Are As Long As The List Of Disappointments- Fashola Admits by Nobody: 7:06am On Dec 11, 2014
akymme:

And you think a return of power to the North is the solution.

My friend, the problem is not party but the way Nigeria is structured.

Even APC will fail in delivering good governance if they dont restructure Nigeria which the North won't do once power return back to them

Besides if APC wins , PDP members will decamp to APC and Tinubu will not become a saint.

True or False.

2 Likes

Re: Gej Lists Of Promises Are As Long As The List Of Disappointments- Fashola Admits by dunkem21(m): 7:16am On Dec 11, 2014
Caseless:
u are a liar who was taught by a bigger liar, gej. Give us the list, u shameless duck.

farem:
[color=#770077][/color]
See the usual tactic. None of the transformation deformation worth its salt. The know and cannot bring them on because they are all phantom

Lazy men, Liars and Propagandists.

I have married a wife for you, bought mouka foam; Dont be lazy to put your thing there.

Olodos.

http://nigeriannewsportal.com/goodluck-jonathan-declaration-speech

1 Like

Re: Gej Lists Of Promises Are As Long As The List Of Disappointments- Fashola Admits by akymme(m): 7:19am On Dec 11, 2014
WhiteTechnology:

Even APC will fail in delivering good governance if they dont restructure Nigeria which the North won't do once power return back to them

True or False.
I said we deceive ourselves, you call them north, they call you south, if we are going to be reasonable, in this democratic dispensation the north haven't really been in power, 99-08 was OBJ, 08 was yardua,08-14 GEJ, and to me the best among them was the northern man. So what are we saying, all the best roads were done by this northerners, we believe we are wiser than the northerners.

2 Likes

Re: Gej Lists Of Promises Are As Long As The List Of Disappointments- Fashola Admits by bitterpenis(m): 7:22am On Dec 11, 2014
Well said Fash
Re: Gej Lists Of Promises Are As Long As The List Of Disappointments- Fashola Admits by trillville(m): 7:27am On Dec 11, 2014
WhiteTechnology:

Besides if APC wins , PDP members will decamp to APC and Tinubu will not become a saint.

True or False.
Why hasn't Jonathan restructured nigeria in the last 6 years?
Do you want us to continue like this? At times change is necessary for progress to be made.
Sai APC
Re: Gej Lists Of Promises Are As Long As The List Of Disappointments- Fashola Admits by Nobody: 7:34am On Dec 11, 2014
akymme:

I said we deceive ourselves, you call them north, they call you south, if we are going to be reasonable, in this democratic dispensation the north haven't really been in power, 99-08 was OBJ, 08 was yardua,08-14 GEJ, and to me the best among them was the northern man. So what are we saying, all the best roads were done by this northerners, we believe we are wiser than the northerners.

So we have best roads between 1970-1999 under North led FG and you guys threatened secession if you guys were not given presidency in 1999.
Re: Gej Lists Of Promises Are As Long As The List Of Disappointments- Fashola Admits by Nobody: 7:35am On Dec 11, 2014
trillville:

Why hasn't Jonathan restructured nigeria in the last 6 years?
Do you want us to continue like this? At times change is necessary for progress to be made.
Sai APC

Which regions opposed restructuring . ? SW and North.
Re: Gej Lists Of Promises Are As Long As The List Of Disappointments- Fashola Admits by Janet101(f): 7:36am On Dec 11, 2014
APC! CHANGE
Re: Gej Lists Of Promises Are As Long As The List Of Disappointments- Fashola Admits by personal59: 7:45am On Dec 11, 2014
Some people will never learn until dey are at d point of death nd regret do d final justice to them haba this are promise he made nd we all knw he did nothing yet we are still shouting as if he did something haba think now
Re: Gej Lists Of Promises Are As Long As The List Of Disappointments- Fashola Admits by sandraokosun: 7:54am On Dec 11, 2014
dunkem21:

Ebele till 2019.
PDP and saTANs do u need a catalog he published that would not be available to the common man to know what is on ground. His suppose achievement if any are suppose to be seen by all, u just contraditing urself. Will u tell me to read a book about his working in power when in reality i don't get light 4 24hrs

1 Like

Re: Gej Lists Of Promises Are As Long As The List Of Disappointments- Fashola Admits by trillville(m): 8:01am On Dec 11, 2014
WhiteTechnology:

Which regions opposed restructuring . ? SW and North.

If restructuring nigeria is the only way forward as you claim, why should you now be saying some regions are against it? If your restructuring plan favors them, why would they be against it.
You need to think of a solution that benefits nigeria as a country and not the Niger delta only. Buhari claims that fighting corruption is the solution and I think we should all give him a chance to prove this, since Jonathan can neither face corruption nor restructure the country.

1 Like

Re: Gej Lists Of Promises Are As Long As The List Of Disappointments- Fashola Admits by Nobody: 8:15am On Dec 11, 2014
Truth is bitter. How will a party only sell just a form so pdp don't have any other credible leader. This nation is sinking

1 Like

Re: Gej Lists Of Promises Are As Long As The List Of Disappointments- Fashola Admits by temitee4me(f): 8:23am On Dec 11, 2014
dunkem21:

Lazy men, Liars and Propagandists.

I have married a wife for you, bought mouka foam; Dont be lazy to put your thing there.

Olodos.

http://nigeriannewsportal.com/goodluck-jonathan-declaration-speech
bros,if truly GEJ has done anytin,y then do we need to read a catalog to know what he has done?do we need to read any article to know Fashola is working?haba,for d love of this country,let's face d truth.GEJ has wasted 6yrs of democratic power doing invisible tins,providing unattainable jobs.which of his so-called policy is in favour of d common man?abeg we need a change no matter who d change is to come thru.
Re: Gej Lists Of Promises Are As Long As The List Of Disappointments- Fashola Admits by temitee4me(f): 8:27am On Dec 11, 2014
sandraokosun:
PDP and saTANs do u need a catalog he published that would not be available to the common man to know what is on ground. His suppose achievement if any are suppose to be seen by all, u just contraditing urself. Will u tell me to read a book about his working in power when in reality i don't get light 4 24hrs
bros,God bless u.d fact that we are been referred to a catalog to know what he's doing shows that they are bunch of jokers.no be this country we dey?I just wish people will set aside sentiments and see tins d way they are.
Re: Gej Lists Of Promises Are As Long As The List Of Disappointments- Fashola Admits by dunkem21(m): 9:02am On Dec 11, 2014
temitee4me:
bros,if truly GEJ has done anytin,y then do we need to read a catalog to know what he has done?do we need to read any article to know Fashola is working?haba,for d love of this country,let's face d truth.GEJ has wasted 6yrs of democratic power doing invisible tins,providing unattainable jobs.which of his so-called policy is in favour of d common man?abeg we need a change no matter who d change is to come thru.

My dear, do we need a propaganda catalog to malign GEJ? Now, lets face the truth; Has power supply not increased in your area? Have we not been commending our fair electoral processes? Monumental investment and overhaul of our agricultural sector?

Did you click the link at all? Check item 33.

We shout change change without knowing that Nigeria has already changed from old ways of doing things while attracting attention from international communities for sustainable development.

Aluta Ebele 2019!
Re: Gej Lists Of Promises Are As Long As The List Of Disappointments- Fashola Admits by Swtchinny(f): 9:06am On Dec 11, 2014
If only APC chose another candidate,we will give them a chance for change but with the man they have chosen? No way. Becos of him do you knw how many corpers that lost their lives in 2011 election? I am a living testimony as I was beaten fiercely and had a matchet cut on my leg. This man promised distability to GEJ govt and had fulfilled it. Next year again corpers lives are on stake as some governors has vowed that if APC does not win then der will be "civil unrest". What kind of people are these, preaching violence like the gospel of peace. God help our country and arise to face all those sacrificing human lives just for personal aggrandisement. Vote Wisely, either your sister, brother, cousin or even your relatives are not safe with people who make such statements.
Re: Gej Lists Of Promises Are As Long As The List Of Disappointments- Fashola Admits by Uyi168: 9:20am On Dec 11, 2014
I ve no issue wit gej,buh wit d entire pdp....they ve failed us...
Re: Gej Lists Of Promises Are As Long As The List Of Disappointments- Fashola Admits by ishiamu(m): 9:45am On Dec 11, 2014
Movesz:
So

Mtchew the most feeble governor in politics with no power, just to talk.... dependant thingy

(1) (2) (Reply)

My Role In The Civil War [twenty Pounds Policy, Starvation Policy] - Awolowo / Bloody Encounter Averted As DMI, DSS Operatives Face-off Inside Presidential Vil / Nsukka Cultural Zone Has Not Produced A Minister Since 1999

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 85
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.