Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,798 members, 7,820,799 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 09:56 PM

Biochemists,biochemistry Students And Aspirants.lets Meet Here - Career (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Biochemists,biochemistry Students And Aspirants.lets Meet Here (7838 Views)

Pharmacists, Pharmacy Students And Interns. At Home Or Abroad, Let's Meet Here. / BIOCHEMISTS: Lets Meet Here Pls.. / What Are The Employment Oppurtunities For Biochemists In Nigeria Today ? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Biochemists,biochemistry Students And Aspirants.lets Meet Here by Victornet: 6:43pm On Jun 28, 2015
Shollyps:
I'll want us to come here,introduce ourselves and discuss how to move biochemistry forward in Nigeria and in the world at large
Victor Nzeribe. 200L Biochemistry.
Imo State University (IMSU), Owerri
Re: Biochemists,biochemistry Students And Aspirants.lets Meet Here by Traveller11: 9:51pm On Jun 28, 2015
Re: Biochemists,biochemistry Students And Aspirants.lets Meet Here by adamshuaib(m): 11:36pm On Jun 28, 2015
Adam Shuaib A.B.U. Zaria biochemistry Final year
Re: Biochemists,biochemistry Students And Aspirants.lets Meet Here by iamcourage(m): 2:30am On Sep 25, 2015
Proud metabolite
300l Caritas university enugu
Truth is biochemistry is not easy..without hardwork and prayer one might end up a fustrated graduate.

Re: Biochemists,biochemistry Students And Aspirants.lets Meet Here by judey1992(m): 1:15pm On Sep 25, 2015
Hello fellow enzymes,am Jude Chukwuma a student of biochemistry in Michael Okpara University of Agriculture Umudike. Abia state. Currently doing my IT. Biochemistry has exposed me to the human nd environmental anatomy. Lets keep catalyzing. *new friends are welcomed cos i need them*
Re: Biochemists,biochemistry Students And Aspirants.lets Meet Here by loshybab(m): 11:14am On Sep 28, 2015
Metabolites! Metabolites!! Metabolites!!!
Well,what i jst wnt to say is dt biochemistry as a course is nt dffclt bt it's'lyk d'deprtmnt is infested nationwide by good lecturers wt very strict markin schemes,lecturers dt bliv in crammin more dan understndn,lecturers who feel u'll hv to sweat blood bfor u cud outgrade dem and ofcourse d wide nature of d'course itslf.
All ds factors made biochmstry diffclt nd as such,many get frustratd alng d'way evn sme better stdnts prior to gainin admssn in2 d'uni.yl sme endure and others are lucky.
Bt all in all,1 hv to understnd what system works best in ur own sch.
.....Im a biochemistry graduate from FUTMINNA,currently serving!
Bt i mst confess,it hs made me understnd more abt anatomy,my metabolism,my drug/food component tolerance and intolerance, etc
I wl advce u stdy biochmstry to develop urslf,live healthier and look sweeter coz dts d'priceless thing i gained as a graduate in dt field!!!

4 Likes

Re: Biochemists,biochemistry Students And Aspirants.lets Meet Here by Shollyps(m): 7:51am On Oct 04, 2015
metabolites....
Re: Biochemists,biochemistry Students And Aspirants.lets Meet Here by maeshal(m): 10:18pm On Oct 05, 2015
please among msc in biochemical toxicology, msc in biochemical pharmacology, msc in nutrition and toxicology, msc in toxicology and environmental biochemistry which one is really needed now in this country and please help me rank them according to their importance thanks
Re: Biochemists,biochemistry Students And Aspirants.lets Meet Here by maeshal(m): 10:23pm On Oct 05, 2015
obiZEAL:
Proud METABOLITE...
UniJos
300 level...
Vice President NABS (National Association of Biochemistry Students) Unijos chapter.
Steady reppin'
pls how is the msc program in unijos for department of biochemistry and pls can you list their areas of specialization
Re: Biochemists,biochemistry Students And Aspirants.lets Meet Here by pltr: 1:06pm On Oct 06, 2015
Oladipupo Pelumi...grad 2009 from Unilorin...Biochemistry is the pivot of all life sciences
Re: Biochemists,biochemistry Students And Aspirants.lets Meet Here by iamcourage(m): 7:40pm On Oct 06, 2015
maeshal:
please among msc in biochemical toxicology, msc in biochemical pharmacology, msc in nutrition and toxicology, msc in toxicology and environmental biochemistry which one is really needed now in this country and please help me rank them according to their importance thanks
The enviromental biochemistry is more viable here in nigeria..but anyone u decide to take up just make sure you do very well in it..
Re: Biochemists,biochemistry Students And Aspirants.lets Meet Here by maeshal(m): 10:31pm On Oct 06, 2015
iamcourage:

The enviromental biochemistry is more viable here in nigeria..but anyone u decide to take up just make sure you do very well in it..
thanks alot i really appreciate
Re: Biochemists,biochemistry Students And Aspirants.lets Meet Here by Shollyps(m): 7:44pm On Jan 05, 2016
happy new year.... metabolites
Re: Biochemists,biochemistry Students And Aspirants.lets Meet Here by dapsygal: 10:06pm On Jan 05, 2016
Great metabolites... graduate of biochemistry... oduduwa university ife

1 Like

Re: Biochemists,biochemistry Students And Aspirants.lets Meet Here by Shollyps(m): 9:26am On Apr 05, 2016
co-metabolites...how are we doing
Re: Biochemists,biochemistry Students And Aspirants.lets Meet Here by Drkul(f): 12:48pm On Apr 05, 2016
hglmkope:
Hello!
I am currently pursuing a MSc. degree in Biochemistry. I love biochemistry so much though, during my undergraduate days, I was made to believe that Biochemistry is a very hard programmme. This is probably because of the fact that most biochemistry lecturers in Nigeria focus on the not so important things while neglecting the core of the discipline that can give rise to nobel researches and discoveries that will improve the total health and well being of individuals.
Hi, I am a graduate of biochemistry as well. Please which school are you doing your MSc and how many years is it
Re: Biochemists,biochemistry Students And Aspirants.lets Meet Here by Cheny(m): 2:01pm On Apr 20, 2016
Drkul:

Hi, I am a graduate of biochemistry as well. Please which school are you doing your MSc and how many years is it
Ordinarily,18 months should be enough for M.Sc. BCH,but due to our mentality in this part of the world a minimum of 2 years is mostly used in many of our Universities. But no matter what just try and go for ur Masters and u will appreciate BCH at that level. Try and ask questions about different schools and their durations also pray that u don't fall into a sadistic supervisor's hands. I really enjoyed my M.Sc. back then and I have always encouraged biochemists to go for their Masters.

1 Like

Re: Biochemists,biochemistry Students And Aspirants.lets Meet Here by Drkul(f): 6:31pm On Apr 20, 2016
Cheny:

Ordinarily,18 months should be enough for M.Sc. BCH,but due to our mentality in this part of the world a minimum of 2 years is mostly used in many of our Universities. But no matter what just try and go for ur Masters and u will appreciate BCH at that level. Try and ask questions about different schools and their durations also pray that u don't fall into a sadistic supervisor's hands. I really enjoyed my M.Sc. back then and I have always encouraged biochemists to go for their Masters.
Thanks cheny, pls which school did you do yours?
And I have bn considering Masters in Public health and MSc in biochemistry. I hope to further to Phd level in order to lecture and work in the ministry of health in the longterm.
Which do you think is better to help for my long term career plan? Thanks a lot
Re: Biochemists,biochemistry Students And Aspirants.lets Meet Here by Tabelachizza(f): 9:51pm On Apr 20, 2016
** Biochemist...Graduated this january.

Cross River state university of Science and technology[CRUTECH] calabar..

== Super Enzymes==

1 Like

Re: Biochemists,biochemistry Students And Aspirants.lets Meet Here by Drkul(f): 7:20am On Apr 21, 2016
Tabelachizza:
** Biochemist...Graduated this january.

Cross River state university of Science and technology[CRUTECH] calabar..

== Super Enzymes==
Congrats and welcome to the family
Re: Biochemists,biochemistry Students And Aspirants.lets Meet Here by ajoskele(m): 12:10pm On Apr 21, 2016
Victornet:

Please I know NSBS(National Society of Biochemistry Students) but I don't know NABS. I'd like to understand whether it's still the same body or different associations.[color=#770077]
It was initially NBS. I was a departmental executive under NABS six years ago.
Re: Biochemists,biochemistry Students And Aspirants.lets Meet Here by ajoskele(m): 12:17pm On Apr 21, 2016
Ajos, BSc Biochemistry, AAUA 2012. Msc in view Toxicology and Environmental Biochemistry, AAUA.

1 Like

Re: Biochemists,biochemistry Students And Aspirants.lets Meet Here by Cheny(m): 3:42am On May 15, 2016
Drkul:

Thanks cheny, pls which school did you do yours?
And I have bn considering Masters in Public health and MSc in biochemistry. I hope to further to Phd level in order to lecture and work in the ministry of health in the longterm.
Which do you think is better to help for my long term career plan? Thanks a lot
Sorry for keeping u waiting, I did my M.Sc. at Uni of Ilorin. Both MPH and M.Sc. Bch are good,Infact I still intend on having an MPH to boost my CV because it helps one to check into any public health-related discipline in future. For an academic line having an M.Sc. is a descent idea along with a desire to further up to P.hd. Presently I'm in d health/medical line but love lecturing, so I can dive into that field if chance and time permits. Pls don't relent,pursue ur dreams either in public health or/and academics,and who knows,as u boost ur credentials u may even find urself in a research institute,pharmaceutical company,food company,regulatory body (NAFDAC,SAN) or any organisation with a quality control unit. Keep working and hoping,its a matter of time.

2 Likes

Re: Biochemists,biochemistry Students And Aspirants.lets Meet Here by Apelex(m): 8:59pm On May 15, 2016
Graduate of Uniport..Biochemistry
Re: Biochemists,biochemistry Students And Aspirants.lets Meet Here by gudluckgreat(m): 8:01pm On May 22, 2016
iamcourage:
Proud metabolite
300l Caritas university enugu
Truth is biochemistry is not easy..without hardwork and prayer one might end up a fustrated graduate.

Caritas University??
Didn't see you guys at the Southeast convention in futo
Re: Biochemists,biochemistry Students And Aspirants.lets Meet Here by gudluckgreat(m): 8:02pm On May 22, 2016
ajoskele:
It was initially NBS. I was a departmental executive under NABS six years ago.

Wow six years ago?
U be Emerald enzyme!
Now it is NSBS
Re: Biochemists,biochemistry Students And Aspirants.lets Meet Here by iamcourage(m): 9:14pm On May 22, 2016
gudluckgreat:

Caritas University??
Didn't see you guys at the Southeast convention in futo
yeah we we're meant to go but certain issues on ground stopped us but I heard it was successful.
Re: Biochemists,biochemistry Students And Aspirants.lets Meet Here by gudluckgreat(m): 9:02pm On May 23, 2016
iamcourage:

yeah we we're meant to go but certain issues on ground stopped us but I heard it was successful.

Hope to see you guys in the next one
Re: Biochemists,biochemistry Students And Aspirants.lets Meet Here by Drkul(f): 3:26pm On May 26, 2016
Cheny:

Sorry for keeping u waiting, I did my M.Sc. at Uni of Ilorin. Both MPH and M.Sc. Bch are good,Infact I still intend on having an MPH to boost my CV because it helps one to check into any public health-related discipline in future. For an academic line having an M.Sc. is a descent idea along with a desire to further up to P.hd. Presently I'm in d health/medical line but love lecturing, so I can dive into that field if chance and time permits. Pls don't relent,pursue ur dreams either in public health or/and academics,and who knows,as u boost ur credentials u may even find urself in a research institute,pharmaceutical company,food company,regulatory body (NAFDAC,SAN) or any organisation with a quality control unit. Keep working and hoping,its a matter of time.
Thank you smiley

1 Like

Re: Biochemists,biochemistry Students And Aspirants.lets Meet Here by rhid1: 8:13pm On Jul 11, 2016
Shollyps:
I'll want us to come here,introduce ourselves and discuss how to move biochemistry forward in Nigeria and in the world at large
have u bought lehninger principle of biochemistry b4?,.....pls hw much does it cost
Re: Biochemists,biochemistry Students And Aspirants.lets Meet Here by Shollyps(m): 9:01pm On Aug 01, 2016
rhid1:

have u bought lehninger principle of biochemistry b4?,.....pls hw much does it cost
before around 8k...but now maybe 13k
Re: Biochemists,biochemistry Students And Aspirants.lets Meet Here by Olumyyde(m): 10:50pm On Aug 01, 2016
Graduated from biochem dep't,FUT yola 2010,now scientific officer at National board for technology incubation. I greet u all.cheers!

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Telecom Workers Threaten Services Disruption Over Anti-Labour Practices / Pharmacist Or Medical Sales Rep / I Need A Quantity Surveyor To Mentor Me

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.