Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,163,377 members, 7,853,676 topics. Date: Friday, 07 June 2024 at 09:27 PM

2015: Any Northerner Who Votes PDP Is A Disgrace – Borno Deputy Governor - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 2015: Any Northerner Who Votes PDP Is A Disgrace – Borno Deputy Governor (22961 Views)

Probe Babangida, Abdulsalami, Obasanjo, Others Security Votes,pdp Tells Buhari / Shettima Visits Late Borno Deputy Governor's Wife, Son / Borno Deputy-Governor, Zannah Mustapha Buried (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 2015: Any Northerner Who Votes PDP Is A Disgrace – Borno Deputy Governor by darediamond(m): 3:00pm On Dec 11, 2014
Another reason why the North must never bé voted in.
No bé the pesin we motor hit go take write the plate number.
tochman:
I advice all the southerners in the north to be very careful and vigilant during the forth coming election. This is an advice from someone who was in Kano after the 2011 elections.

1 Like

Re: 2015: Any Northerner Who Votes PDP Is A Disgrace – Borno Deputy Governor by tola9ja: 3:09pm On Dec 11, 2014
qtx:

Later you will start blaming govt. that you are poor and cant eat, now you have an opportunity to use that small 100mb data that you have managed to get to make research and better your life , see what you have wasted it to type? is GEJ also the cause of your inability to reason normally? shocked
MTN UNLIMITED
STORY FOR THE GODS HOOO
Re: 2015: Any Northerner Who Votes PDP Is A Disgrace – Borno Deputy Governor by Nobody: 3:10pm On Dec 11, 2014
WhiteTechnology:

Haba

Who told you they can't finance state police

Have you heard of hisbah = Islamic police

Hisbah was established in the North to implement sharia law.

How are those guys paid.

Hisbah is not a proper police force....they cannot fight armed robbers (they would be wiped out in a confrontation with them), they cannot investigate crimes, they have no ability to carry out forensic investigations of crime scenes, they cannot investigate financial crime,embark on anti-riot activities, and so on...that the real police can do.

They merely exist as an enforcement group....and even then they are limited to enforcing some (not all) of the Sharia codes). They cannot carry arms in enforcing their duties.

Getting a state police would require investment way beyond that for the Hisbah group. Especially in the areas of equipment and salaries.

And training facilities, and labs, etc.

State police costs a lot of money. Unless you want a poorly armed state police that would be overwhelmed by armed robbers.....or you want to pay taxes in excess of 50% of your annual income....forget state police. Until the GDP is big enough to sustain it.

P.S: Saudi Arabia has a similar group(can't recall their name). They enforce moral codes....but if they saw a crime in progress....they would call the Saudi Police...like every other Saudi.
Re: 2015: Any Northerner Who Votes PDP Is A Disgrace – Borno Deputy Governor by Nobody: 3:31pm On Dec 11, 2014
darediamond:
When Ebola hit Nigeria, who took it up before the President?
Fashola did. If he had shown I do not care atitude, primarily waiting for GEJ to taake it up being the Pres., what would have been the fate of current Nigerians now?
Your leaders baked Boko-Horam and delibrately start serving it even before GEJ was enthrowned.
They called the B.H guys "our sons".
They keep on fooling themselves that we South Westerners will support them in there state of Madness and acute Dumpness killing there own people in other to show hatred or berate someone.
We Yorubas are Sensible and Highly sophitiscated. So so smart that we will Never
and I repeat, we will Never use Sharia to govern any of our States as it will backfire because we are Rice and Beans here.
/////////
Ogbeni, you are in for a "Long thing" as D'Banj would say.
The "Olodo" of Yoruba land practically equates the Prof in Hausa land.
Quotes me.

TY
Y

you are smart indeed.. i dont want turn this to tribal fight. but, where were yoruba people intelligence when the hausas turned them to followers?
Re: 2015: Any Northerner Who Votes PDP Is A Disgrace – Borno Deputy Governor by drstone1: 3:32pm On Dec 11, 2014
Trut:
Northerners should not vote for PDP because a southerner is the flag bearer? One Nigeria indeed

THIS STatEMeNT iS NoT DiFferent FROM What GMBuHari said in the Early 2000." In the next coming election let No Muslim vote for a non Muslim' All muslims must vote for only Muslims".
Ill advised statement thathas impaled his Jihadist ambition.
BTW, who is a true Northerner this goon seem to be refering to? Is it the jihadist harrased non muslim minor tribes in d north or the middle belt peoples? I don't think so-----------He is referring to d mass of janjaweedian extremists and those who subscribe to their kind of thinking who are unably led by APC !

2 Likes

Re: 2015: Any Northerner Who Votes PDP Is A Disgrace – Borno Deputy Governor by Nobody: 3:33pm On Dec 11, 2014
bushdoc9919:

Hisbah is not a proper police force....they cannot fight armed robbers (they would be wiped out in a confrontation with them), they cannot investigate crimes, they have no ability to carry out forensic investigations of crime scenes, they cannot investigate financial crime,embark on anti-riot activities, and so on...that the real police can do.

They merely exist as an enforcement group....and even then they are limited to enforcing some (not all) of the Sharia codes). They cannot carry arms in enforcing their duties.

Getting a state police would require investment way beyond that for the Hisbah group. Especially in the areas of equipment and salaries.

And training facilities, and labs, etc.

State police costs a lot of money. Unless you want a poorly armed state police that would be overwhelmed by armed robbers.....or you want to pay taxes in excess of 50% of your annual income....forget state police. Until the GDP is big enough to sustain it.

P.S: Saudi Arabia has a similar group(can't recall their name). They enforce moral codes....but if they saw a crime in progress....they would call the Saudi Police...like every other Saudi.

A well equipped state police force of between 1000 - 5 000 strong is possible for Northern states.

They opposed state police because

1) they feared secession

2) they felt federal police will be reduced leading to loss of benefits since they controlled the federal police.

My friend is not about money but those points stated above.
Re: 2015: Any Northerner Who Votes PDP Is A Disgrace – Borno Deputy Governor by Duru1(m): 3:37pm On Dec 11, 2014
Nigeria shall remain a practical joke until disintegrated.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: 2015: Any Northerner Who Votes PDP Is A Disgrace – Borno Deputy Governor by darediamond(m): 3:48pm On Dec 11, 2014
Make it Tribal "Mr.Smart". Your question is begining to have a twist towards nonsense.
They make us "followers" but we made you leader.
Have a rethink bro.
/////
Keep it up.
Peace.
papiforreal:

you are smart indeed.. i dont want turn this to tribal fight. but, where were yoruba people intelligence when the hausas turned them to followers?
Re: 2015: Any Northerner Who Votes PDP Is A Disgrace – Borno Deputy Governor by Nobody: 3:50pm On Dec 11, 2014
WhiteTechnology:

A well equipped state police force of between 1000 - 5 000 strong is possible for Northern states.

They opposed state police because

1) they feared secession

2) they felt federal police will be reduced leading to loss of benefits since they controlled the federal police.

My friend is not about money but those points stated above.

You still need training facilities, forensic labs, good weapons , good vehicles, communication equipment.....etc.....so that you have a good state police....and not a state version of the current Nigeria Police.

Plus.....many northern states get the occasional tribal violence and religious violence....and in cases like this....what prevents the state police from taking sides (That's a big part of the reason why the 1966 pogrom got out of hand...).

But the main reason is cost. Please.....I don't think state police is a bad idea....I think that it is too costly for states to afford.....unless people pay heavy taxes.(Which you Nigerians don't like paying).

Police is a big investment. And Nigeria does not have the GDP to sustain it.

1 Like

Re: 2015: Any Northerner Who Votes PDP Is A Disgrace – Borno Deputy Governor by Nobody: 4:01pm On Dec 11, 2014
So fun seeing people conveniently twisting and misinterpreting the words of some deputy Governor, even more great that the only comment which pointed out how they are misinterpreting (intentionally of course) was hidden by a Moderator and I'm gonna go guess he was also banned huh undecided

I mean can you believe the audacity of this pathetic lowlife scums ! Your masters in the PDP spend how much exactly on their media war against APC calling it a 'Islamic/Northern' party and you see absolutely nothing wrong with but you actually celebrate it. And now because someone said ' Any northerner that votes PDP after their failure to secure the NORTH from BH is a disgrace' you actually wanna spin this and use it as another attack against APC? Well go ahead then lets see just how that works out for you.

Just a reminder your beloved PDP has used way more devious tactics than this to attack the APC, That worked out so well for them huh?

Pathetic!
Re: 2015: Any Northerner Who Votes PDP Is A Disgrace – Borno Deputy Governor by synergycom19: 4:06pm On Dec 11, 2014
Heroesglobal:
My brother ask them oo, How our own people are joining hands castigating our own that is in power, have u ever seen a northerner rubishing his brother this way? Calling our Elected president an Empty vessel, When they were in power anything they do is correct, they Cornered our Our oil wells nd sold nd nobody said anything, these same people are still holding the ownership of about 80% of our natural oil wells yet Southerners are not talking, being blindfolded nd join fools in fraustrating their brother in power, I pity una nd the day will soon break nd you're eyes will soon open, Ojukwu saw all this in time but others were sleeping, now everything is infolding yet they're still blind, I pray God will open you GEJ enemy's eyes especially our fellow southerners
Am a full bodied Southerner,GEJ Administration is a Disgrace to the south,and if we are not lucky ,he will be the last President from the south to rule this country,save for the YORUBA maybe. I don't know what you do for a living because the economic is in comatose,security dire,what has GEJ done for the south?Gives us state police he refused,create for the norteast from this present civilian jtf he refused,push the NASS he refused,reduce government no,reduce cost of governance no,fight corruption no.
Increase price of fuel yes,increase electricity yes,
Re: 2015: Any Northerner Who Votes PDP Is A Disgrace – Borno Deputy Governor by SergeAlain: 4:06pm On Dec 11, 2014
The reason state police has not been accepted by those who oppose it is simply political, nothing to do with resources.

Dont forget the Federal police will not disappear. They will function side by side. Federal police would typically be based in the main cities e.g. state capitals, while the state police will penetrate into the villages and hamlets using the advantage of better knowledge of the ground.

All of the other heavy infrastructure e.g. forensic labs, heavy equipment etc would be held by the Federal police and the State police in the Larger richer states thus you could have world class labs in Kano, Kaduna, Jos etc., and the State police in places like Dutse can send samples for analysis to those modern labs and pay for the lab services till they can afford to build their own.

Also Multiple states can collaborate to share infrastructure e.g. Taraba, Adamawa and Gombe could theoretically own one forensics lab located in Mubi etc.

Long and short, no problem is unsolvable if we have a shared goal.

bushdoc9919:

You still need training facilities, forensic labs, good weapons , good vehicles, communication equipment.....etc.....so that you have a good state police....and not a state version of the current Nigeria Police.

Plus.....many northern states get the occasional tribal violence and religious violence....and in cases like this....what prevents the state police from taking sides (That's a big part of the reason why the 1966 pogrom got out of hand...).

But the main reason is cost. Please.....I don't think state police is a bad idea....I think that it is too costly for states to afford.....unless people pay heavy taxes.(Which you Nigerians don't like paying).

1 Like

Re: 2015: Any Northerner Who Votes PDP Is A Disgrace – Borno Deputy Governor by SergeAlain: 4:12pm On Dec 11, 2014
dragan:
So fun seeing people conveniently twisting and misinterpreting the words of some deputy Governor, even more great that the only comment which pointed out how they are misinterpreting (intentionally of course) was hidden by a Moderator and I'm gonna go guess he was also banned huh undecided

I mean can you believe the audacity of this pathetic lowlife scums ! Your masters in the PDP spend how much exactly on their media war against APC calling it a 'Islamic/Northern' party and you see absolutely nothing wrong with but you actually celebrate it. And now because someone said ' Any northerner that votes PDP after their failure to secure the NORTH from BH is a disgrace' you actually wanna spin this and use it as another attack against APC? Well go ahead then lets see just how that works out for you.

Just a reminder your beloved PDP has used way more devious tactics than this to attack the APC, That worked out so well for them huh?

My brother please bear in mind this is not a school debate, and no one here (i believe) is walking away with any prices. Therefore lets tell ourselves the truth. Are you saying there is nothing scary about a political leader opening canvassing for votes on the bases of ethnicity? Arent you scared this whole 'change' mantra is just a drive for the North to return to power.

If it truthfully does not bother you thats fine. However, it bothers me very much.

Pathetic!
Re: 2015: Any Northerner Who Votes PDP Is A Disgrace – Borno Deputy Governor by synergycom19: 4:12pm On Dec 11, 2014
bushdoc9919:

So why do we still connect electricity to our houses,when the supply is not stable?erratic leading to destruction of our appliances?The only solution to boko haram insurgency is STATE POLICE,STATE POLICE,STATE POLICE. COUNTERRORISM is a basic police functions,it's required intelligence which state police can provide better than Federal police or the army, what make common Hunters defect boko haram?what make the civilian jtf are recording success over boko haram?
Re: 2015: Any Northerner Who Votes PDP Is A Disgrace – Borno Deputy Governor by SergeAlain: 4:13pm On Dec 11, 2014

My brother please bear in mind this is not a school debate, and no one here (i believe) is walking away with any prices. Therefore lets tell ourselves the truth. Are you saying there is nothing scary about a political leader opening canvassing for votes on the bases of ethnicity? Arent you scared this whole 'change' mantra is just a drive for the North to return to power.

If it truthfully does not bother you thats fine. However, it bothers me very much.

dragan:

Pathetic!
Re: 2015: Any Northerner Who Votes PDP Is A Disgrace – Borno Deputy Governor by Nobody: 4:15pm On Dec 11, 2014
bushdoc9919:

Na wa for you

Rome was not built in a day.

You start from a point.

Even Nigerian military lacks some essential facilities but did it stop us from establishing ours ( keeping the one established by our colonial masters ).
Re: 2015: Any Northerner Who Votes PDP Is A Disgrace – Borno Deputy Governor by IyfeNamikaze(m): 4:16pm On Dec 11, 2014
eph12:
And should be killed abi?
that is exactly what he is insinuating

1 Like

Re: 2015: Any Northerner Who Votes PDP Is A Disgrace – Borno Deputy Governor by Xcex: 4:36pm On Dec 11, 2014
In a clear sence while wil a southerner or eaterner vote 4 buhari, maybe u want dis country 2 b islamisd.

1 Like

Re: 2015: Any Northerner Who Votes PDP Is A Disgrace – Borno Deputy Governor by diepreyefrank: 5:06pm On Dec 11, 2014
You are a big fool...
Re: 2015: Any Northerner Who Votes PDP Is A Disgrace – Borno Deputy Governor by EbiJUNIRO(m): 5:22pm On Dec 11, 2014
DickDastardly:
The man who said this is a bastard! cool

with no apology!
Re: 2015: Any Northerner Who Votes PDP Is A Disgrace – Borno Deputy Governor by Nobody: 5:22pm On Dec 11, 2014
bushdoc9919:

is it only police?

The bulk of our work force are producing nothing.

We sell oil and share the proceeds.

Until we move from comsuption to production, poverty shall continue to be our companion!

On state police however, it remains the best bet for security.
When the police men maintainin law and order in a town are from that same town, they will sit up and work!

We dont need to start any new recruitment for police force! Just post all Anambra policemen to Anambra, to their LGAs and to their towns!

Let me see how they will carry out extortions, shoot someone because of N50, aid robbers to come to their towns, etc.

1 Like

Re: 2015: Any Northerner Who Votes PDP Is A Disgrace – Borno Deputy Governor by Marineremmanson(m): 6:04pm On Dec 11, 2014
zik4ever:
Borno State deputy governor, Alhaji Zannah Umar Mustapha has said that no northerner in his or her right senses would vote for PDP in the 2015 general elections owing to what he described as the party’s inability to demonstrate good leadership in the country.
According to him, the Jonathan led PDP government was nothing but an empty vessel, which cannot give Nigeria the needed leadership, particularly at a time when the nation was facing serious insecurity challenges.
The deputy governor, who was speaking on Monday, at the Maiduguri Government House during the distribution of vehicles to supporters of the All Progressive Congress, APC, also told the gathering that if the Jonathan led government and the Nigerian military could not retake local government areas in Borno state, which were currently under the control of the Islamic sect, Boko Haram, the Borno state government would mobilize youths and necessary equipments to win those local government over from the insurgents.
“Any northerner who votes for PDP in the next round of election is not supposed to be called a northerner because such a person is a disgrace to the north. We would do everything within our power as government to ensure we retake local government areas under the control of insurgents since the military and the Federal government has failed to do so”, the deputy governor said.

http://dailypost.ng/2014/12/10/2015-northerner-votes-pdp-disgrace-borno-deputy-governor/

I smell a senior BH member. make una hold him. after them go say na one 9ja

1 Like

Re: 2015: Any Northerner Who Votes PDP Is A Disgrace – Borno Deputy Governor by dachpee(m): 6:08pm On Dec 11, 2014
You people have started again, mind your statements, you will shoot yourself again, northerners, who do you people tamed northerners? Middle belters, South south, south east, south west all yarns for GEJ, if Buari can beg APC delegates to vote for him I think he's not a credible candidate, APC get a credible candidate and win election

1 Like

Re: 2015: Any Northerner Who Votes PDP Is A Disgrace – Borno Deputy Governor by mkpakanaodogwu(m): 6:22pm On Dec 11, 2014
kuchikau:
....mr broda...u get bad mouth o...chai...hahahahahah
bro i lie?
Re: 2015: Any Northerner Who Votes PDP Is A Disgrace – Borno Deputy Governor by Pecca: 6:45pm On Dec 11, 2014
WHAT I HEARD THAT COW SAY IS "ANY NORTHERN MUSLIM WHO VOTES FOR PDP IS A DISGRACE". THIS IS ONE OF THE REASONS BOKO HARAM HAVE BLOSSOMED AND THE REASON I DON GIVE A DEVIL'S BLACK AS.S WHAT HAPPENS IN NORTH EAST.

1 Like

Re: 2015: Any Northerner Who Votes PDP Is A Disgrace – Borno Deputy Governor by lordcornel(m): 6:47pm On Dec 11, 2014
This is clannish and parochial view... Fella you go nd w*nk cos u r a bigger disgrace for making such comment...
Re: 2015: Any Northerner Who Votes PDP Is A Disgrace – Borno Deputy Governor by infinitty(m): 6:53pm On Dec 11, 2014
...and any northerner that did vote for Jonathan do not like good thing and will not have good thing
Re: 2015: Any Northerner Who Votes PDP Is A Disgrace – Borno Deputy Governor by babestella: 7:30pm On Dec 11, 2014
The northerners and APC gradually telling us we are not one. After all, their monkey and baboon general once said that muslims should not vote for a Christian president, they should vote for Muslim president because they (the muslims) are more in number, victory is theirs.

That is the mates APC is banking on, and come 2015, we will see how that plays out.
Re: 2015: Any Northerner Who Votes PDP Is A Disgrace – Borno Deputy Governor by aauwalu80: 7:58pm On Dec 11, 2014
CzarRex:
Are they now saying dat dey (APC) are beta dan d PDP? Tell me what did buhari do wen he was in office, u guyz now tryin to associate ur own very problem of BH to pdp..hmmmn ! Senseless iSMH

Dnt say a wards coz tht tim(whn Buhari in d offic.) u ar yetto be born.
so stay away. mumu., tht man on top tell d truth.
Re: 2015: Any Northerner Who Votes PDP Is A Disgrace – Borno Deputy Governor by aauwalu80: 8:07pm On Dec 11, 2014
dachpee:
You people have started again, mind your statements, you will shoot yourself again, northerners, who do you people tamed northerners? Middle belters, South south, south east, south west all yarns for GEJ, if Buari can beg APC delegates to vote for him I think he's not a credible candidate, APC get a credible candidate and win election

U! reasonabl an sensitiv person
u hav to considr evn if u dnt knw. I believ u nevr tesr th sorrw of missin ur child. or. wif. mothr or uncle. d u knw the conditin that ar in Borno? d u knw hw dis ppl fills? d day hav any support/protctn frm th presidn(frm PDP govt?) if not whyy. if not is pdp is tht ths man(not frm th north?) I u hav wht happn between Yar.Adua an Nigr Delta ppl? wht a pdp/ northnr do? make not to tell u mch I dnt knw if u work in d Min. for nigr delta.
Re: 2015: Any Northerner Who Votes PDP Is A Disgrace – Borno Deputy Governor by Koninda(m): 8:17pm On Dec 11, 2014
Trut:

It got worst because the Northerners didn't corporate with GEJ govt.
Sorry pls. if I may ask you, are the civilian JTF people from south or Borno State thesame Northern Nig ?
Pls next time don't cast judgement in a ways will favour you,think n reason in 3D next time pls ....
GEJ or GMB, na wuna wahala, I wil let u knw whn am bck 4rm Dubai ..ok
Re: 2015: Any Northerner Who Votes PDP Is A Disgrace – Borno Deputy Governor by Koninda(m): 8:29pm On Dec 11, 2014
babestella:
The northerners and APC gradually telling us we are not one. After all, their monkey and baboon general once said that muslims should not vote for a Christian president, they should vote for Muslim president because they (the muslims) are more in number, victory is theirs.

That is the mates APC is banking on, and come 2015, we will see how that plays out.
Don't get things twisted down here bro,Southerners alwys tend to separate their selves 4rm Northern Nig. I will be glad if u can get me a prove to backup ur post above.....
But pls checkout this “I do not intend to rule Nigeria. I want to democratically govern it with your help. I seek a Nigeria where Christians and Muslims may practise their faiths in peace and security; a Nigeria that is just and where corruption no longer trespasses into our institutions and national behavior and a Nigeria where our diversity could be used for our national prosperity.
“Nigeria is our home. Let us now turn it into the great nation we know it can and should be.”
Buhari’s speech drew a loud ovation from the crowd, some of who gave him a standing ovation.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Buhari Floors Atiku In Saraki, Kwara Governor’s Local Govts - Premium Times / Tinubu Orders Release Of Food Reserves To Boost Availability / How Lagos Is Dying

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 83
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.