Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,341 members, 7,811,990 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 05:09 AM

About Female Dressing: Lessons From The Hijab - Fashion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Fashion / About Female Dressing: Lessons From The Hijab (23761 Views)

Girl Slammed For Flaunting Curves In Hijab / Hijarbie: Haneefah Adam's 'Hijab Chick Barbie' / Girls Blasted For Exposing Cleavage In Hijab [PICS] (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: About Female Dressing: Lessons From The Hijab by Oyecute(m): 7:43am On Dec 13, 2014
Fashionable in other places but suspicious in Nigeria.
Re: About Female Dressing: Lessons From The Hijab by heykims(m): 7:45am On Dec 13, 2014
Right and nice piece but unfortunately, some ladies are already turning hijabs to bandanas..
Re: About Female Dressing: Lessons From The Hijab by yungcyrus(m): 7:47am On Dec 13, 2014
Hav u seen a Wowo gal on hijab

Na dat tym u go hate am
Re: About Female Dressing: Lessons From The Hijab by Nobody: 7:48am On Dec 13, 2014
I found some black sisters

1 Like

Re: About Female Dressing: Lessons From The Hijab by kevoh(m): 7:49am On Dec 13, 2014
Yaaaaaay! Let's stylilishly promote female bomb covering materials! angry

Till the suicide bombing stops in Nigeria, I'll take a bum wearing shorts lady all day.

2 Likes

Re: About Female Dressing: Lessons From The Hijab by Lovine: 7:50am On Dec 13, 2014
Immorality is a demon, it does not matter how good or bad a woman dress. Even in the countries where woman cover head to toe rapes are also being reported, why? Muslims marry many wives to avoid fornication, yet all these could not stop it. Christians claimed holiness, yet there are immorality and waywardness, demons of sex does not mind what you wear or put on, some demons even love more of those who cover their bodies completely others half clad. So the solution is when these demons are cast out of ones life, unclothedness does not mean anything to him to her because he's dead to them through Jesus Christ.
Re: About Female Dressing: Lessons From The Hijab by Nobody: 7:51am On Dec 13, 2014

1 Like

Re: About Female Dressing: Lessons From The Hijab by macpetrus(m): 7:53am On Dec 13, 2014
Utill you discover IED under it... Just saying.

1 Like

Re: About Female Dressing: Lessons From The Hijab by Tberry01(f): 7:53am On Dec 13, 2014
Nice write up, thank God am not the skimpy type
Re: About Female Dressing: Lessons From The Hijab by freecocoa(f): 7:53am On Dec 13, 2014
So we all should start wearing hijabs na undecided undecided, wearing hijab doesn't make anyone a saint, there are hijab wearing h0es so let's not get carried away.

I'm all for decent dressing but we should also understand that it's subjective and men should control themselves instead of blaming it on indecent dressing, a pervert is a pervert, what people wear doesn't change sh1t.

3 Likes

Re: About Female Dressing: Lessons From The Hijab by tbaba1234: 7:53am On Dec 13, 2014
If you want her, marry her.

Lovely write-up. Our thoughts are affected by what we see as men. An indecently dressed woman will usually draw the wrong kind of attention.

Unfortunately, decency in dressing is almost non existent now. Everything is left to the imagination.

And I am not talking about just the hijab. I am talking about covered dressing with no tight clothes and excessive body exposure.

1 Like

Re: About Female Dressing: Lessons From The Hijab by tbaba1234: 8:00am On Dec 13, 2014
freecocoa:
So we all should start wearing hijabs na undecided undecided, wearing hijab doesn't make anyone a saint, there are hijab wearing h0es so let's not get carried away.

I'm all for decent dressing but we should also understand that it's subjective and men should control themselves instead of blaming it on indecent dressing, a pervert is a pervert, what people wear doesn't change sh1t.

Men should take responsibilty, true but in their basic biological make-up, there are very attracted by what they see.

Men are more likely to think filthy thoughts about a half -naked woman than one that is decently dressed.

It does not mean that they do not do it for both. Just one is more likely to get undesired attention.

It is said that a person is addressed the way that he/she is dressed.
Re: About Female Dressing: Lessons From The Hijab by Nobody: 8:00am On Dec 13, 2014
stoketem:
i'm not a fan of hijab or religion. I think religion should be abolished .
I think girls should braid their hair or keep a short hair style .
the government should ban wigs,lipstick and artificial hair ,it's highly irritating .
So what are u a fan of? Totalitarianism? What ever happend to freedom of choice and expression?

1 Like

Re: About Female Dressing: Lessons From The Hijab by VellyG(m): 8:02am On Dec 13, 2014
If this is the way hijab should be worn then am very cool with it. Not like the ones I see some peeps wear in Lagos. Very dirty, crude and annoying.

1 Like

Re: About Female Dressing: Lessons From The Hijab by Nobody: 8:04am On Dec 13, 2014

1 Like

Re: About Female Dressing: Lessons From The Hijab by Nobody: 8:04am On Dec 13, 2014

I sometimes wonder how many young men out
there are addicted, perverted, and sexually
bedeviled by a few stray sights they happened
upon on the street all because a sister wants to
be called ‘sexy’. We lament that faithful husbands
have flown from amongst women, we decry ill-
gotten wealth. We lament that standards have
fallen, that men ask for sex to give women jobs,
roles, marks, admissions, favours, contracts,
money. And the United Nations cries –
emancipate the woman!

However, by your dressing you suggest that
‘sex’ is a currency you are willing to pay in and
start up this vicious circle of promiscuity that’s
killing the society. Jay-Z sings fully clothed from
skull to foot; the ‘add-on’ lady simply wears
thongs and wiggles her butt? I feel certain that if a
bill is passed banning certain clothes in public,
women will vehemently protest their right to be
Unclad, tell us we are living in the stone ages all
over again; and fill us with all that ‘woman
emancipation’ mantra.

This part got to me. Maybe we ll av less sexual harrasement stories if ladies learn to dress decently

2 Likes

Re: About Female Dressing: Lessons From The Hijab by Kingspin(m): 8:07am On Dec 13, 2014
Must you be carrying religion up and down.
Re: About Female Dressing: Lessons From The Hijab by Nobody: 8:07am On Dec 13, 2014
freecocoa:

While i agree that men should control themselves, you must also understand that a man is aroused by what he sees. If you keep flashing the candy in his face, he is gonna want some.

1 Like

Re: About Female Dressing: Lessons From The Hijab by owolawitola(f): 8:08am On Dec 13, 2014
He said 'hijab' not 'niqab'. Hijab does not require covering face. The face is left open. Its niqab that covers the face.
hungryboy:
Absolute rubbish,
a girl doesn't have to cover her face like a masquarede to look modest,

2 Likes

Re: About Female Dressing: Lessons From The Hijab by tbaba1234: 8:08am On Dec 13, 2014
dicefrost:

This part got to me. Maybe we ll av less sexual harrasement stories if ladies learn to dress decently

Well, this is debatable.

It takes a trully depraved person to rape. That person would probably do it, to anyone
Re: About Female Dressing: Lessons From The Hijab by holatin(m): 8:09am On Dec 13, 2014
yuncka:
Long term paper but true.

Although the Hijab no longer cover boobs and booty, rather it covers bombs and Ak47. grin undecided
Do you Ve to exhibit your foolishness on every thread

3 Likes

Re: About Female Dressing: Lessons From The Hijab by masseratti: 8:09am On Dec 13, 2014
Decent dressing my foot,there are still places in this country where women go around almost stark naked,you don't hear their men complaining of headache or a boner,have you being to the beaches and see ladies in bikinis? Do you wonder around with a boner once you have set your eyes on them,all this things is about your mind set and imaginations,let the women have freedom to express themselves anyway they want,we don't own them and need not to lord it over them in the bane of morality or religion,no one dictate to a man what to wear sane must be accord to a woman

2 Likes

Re: About Female Dressing: Lessons From The Hijab by ALISMILE(m): 8:09am On Dec 13, 2014
stanisbaratheon:
i've seen some couple of ladies with the juhab looking pretty cool in them
please I want to find out if d season five of game of thrones is out?

1 Like

Re: About Female Dressing: Lessons From The Hijab by owolawitola(f): 8:11am On Dec 13, 2014
Besides, most of the women that wear niqab do so because of their husbands. He doesnt want any man lookin at his wife
hungryboy:
Absolute rubbish,
a girl doesn't have to cover her face like a masquarede to look modest,
Re: About Female Dressing: Lessons From The Hijab by ALISMILE(m): 8:12am On Dec 13, 2014
stoketem:
the government should ban wigs,lipstick and artificial hair ,it's highly irritating .
Wat u ve simply said is dat there shud be no freedom of dressing!
Re: About Female Dressing: Lessons From The Hijab by owolawitola(f): 8:13am On Dec 13, 2014
Lmao!! Ban lipstick??! Thats just not possible. What era are u from?
stoketem:
Re: About Female Dressing: Lessons From The Hijab by tbaba1234: 8:15am On Dec 13, 2014
owolawitola:
Besides, most of the women that wear niqab do so because of their husbands. He doesnt want any man lookin at his wife

Untrue, some do, not alll.

Many times, it is a personal decision. The niqab is also an islamic practise. Many do it as a result of personal convictions and an act of worship not because of any man.
Re: About Female Dressing: Lessons From The Hijab by Nobody: 8:15am On Dec 13, 2014
Re: About Female Dressing: Lessons From The Hijab by Infomizer(m): 8:17am On Dec 13, 2014
muafrika:
True, but doesn't cultural orientation of the mind play a bigger role. I mean my grandparent wore basically nothing till just the other day and their generation had a higher level of morality than ours.

This is so true! The mind is all that matters, but the write-up scored a point.
Re: About Female Dressing: Lessons From The Hijab by stanisbaratheon: 8:19am On Dec 13, 2014
ALISMILE:
please I want to find out if d season five of game of thrones is out?

it will be out in March 2015, as is the tradition
Re: About Female Dressing: Lessons From The Hijab by Nobody: 8:20am On Dec 13, 2014
stoketem:
I am a fan of the truth.
whose truth?
Re: About Female Dressing: Lessons From The Hijab by Nobody: 8:22am On Dec 13, 2014
Covering ur head dsnt make u a gud pesin...

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Creative Braided Hairstyles For Little Girls / 27 Big Braids Hairstyles To Inspire Your Next "Do" / Good Cream For An Oily Skin

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.