Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,277 members, 7,811,817 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 08:18 PM

About Female Dressing: Lessons From The Hijab - Fashion (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Fashion / About Female Dressing: Lessons From The Hijab (23755 Views)

Girl Slammed For Flaunting Curves In Hijab / Hijarbie: Haneefah Adam's 'Hijab Chick Barbie' / Girls Blasted For Exposing Cleavage In Hijab [PICS] (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: About Female Dressing: Lessons From The Hijab by UjSizzle(f): 9:43am On Dec 13, 2014
So if there are good looking hijabs like the ones in Tex's photos worn in the UAE, why do naija Muslims dress like someone poured them into a curtain? undecided

Just because you want to cover up doesn't mean you can't do it with style.

2 Likes

Re: About Female Dressing: Lessons From The Hijab by MalcoImX: 9:45am On Dec 13, 2014
freecocoa:
And I can't get aroused watching that sexy man washing his car with only a boxer short on? Or the man who goes about shirtless? Spare me the double standards please.
You can, if that's all you want from a man. If you can answer honestly, "What does a woman want?" you can't rate that as a priority. But for a man, he definitely is inspired affected, or even can be 'tormented' by a woman's physiology. So modesty, objectivity, and rationalism can be attained when not so much 'assaulted' by all.
Re: About Female Dressing: Lessons From The Hijab by DarryOsh(m): 9:46am On Dec 13, 2014
freecocoa:
How do you expect to see Muslim countries in the list when women actually get punished for being r*ped in those countries? Duh!

in other words, they are less likely to report rape cases.
Re: About Female Dressing: Lessons From The Hijab by holatin(m): 9:46am On Dec 13, 2014
yuncka:

Eiyaaa, e dey pain U?

#teamCoverBoobsNotBombs
Rapping with fools tend to makes you one. dats all
one last word.
Get a life dude.
Religion fanatic
Re: About Female Dressing: Lessons From The Hijab by delishpot: 9:47am On Dec 13, 2014
ALISMILE:
Christians shud stop deceiving themselves that dressing doesn't count! It actually does!
Here is a list of top 10 Countries With Highest Rape Crime, witout d presence of any muslim country!

10. Ethiopia
Ethiopia is estimated to have one of the highest
rates of violence against women in the world. A
report by the UN found that nearly 60% of
Ethiopian women were subjected to sexual
violence. Rape is a very serious problem in
Ethiopia. The country is infamous for the
practice of marriage by abduction, with the
prevalence of this practice in Ethiopia being one
of the highest in the world. In many parts of
Ethiopia, it is common for a man, working in co-
ordination with his friends, to kidnap a girl or
woman, sometimes using a horse to ease the
escape. The abductor will then hide his
intended bride and rape her until she becomes
pregnant. Girls as young as eleven years old are
reported to have been kidnapped for the
purpose of marriage. Also the Ethiopian military
has been accused of committing systematic
rapes against civilians.
9. Sri Lanka
Sri Lanka’s security forces are still raping and
torturing suspects. There have been recent
allegations that rape and torture by the Sri
Lankan security forces have continued four
years after the civil war ended. The UN Multi-
country Study on Men and Violence found that
14.5% of the sample of Sri Lankan men had
perpetrated rape at some point in their lives.
4.9% had raped in the past year. 2.7% had
raped another man. 1.6% had took part in a
gang rape. 96.5% of the men who had raped
experienced no legal consequences. 65.8%
didn’t feel worried or guilty afterwards. 64.9%
of rapists had raped more than once, and 11.1%
had raped four or more girls or women.
8. Canada
It is an Amercing continent and the total
reported cases of rape in this country are
2,516,918. These are only six percent of the
total rape cases. It is reported that over one in
three women had experienced a sexual assault
and that only 6% of sexual assaults were
reported to the police. According to Justice
Institute of British Columbia, one out of every
17 women is raped, 62% of rape victims were
physically injured, 9% were beaten or
disfigured.
7. France
Rape was not a crime in France until 1980. Laws
reinforcing women’s rights and safety are
relatively recent in France. The law making rape
a crime dates back only to 1980. Earlier decrees
were based on 19th century moral codes. A law
on sexual-harassment was approved in 1992
and one on moral harassment was passed in
2002. The last bill to fight violence against
women was passed last year. Government
studies show there are 75,000 rapes a year in
the country. Only about 10 percent of the
victims filed complaints. France is at the 7th
position with the total reported crime of
Advertisement
6. Germany
An estimate of 240,000 women and girls has
died up till now in Germany because of this
crime. Germany is on the number six in the
highest rape crime with the figures of 6,507,394
in this year which is really a big figure. German
Catholics have allowed the morning-after pills
for the victims. The country moving forward in
technology is actually moving really backward
in humanity.
5. United Kingdom
Many people wish to live or even visit UK as it is
one of the most developed countries. But they
surely must not be aware that this country is
also involved badly in the crime of rape. In
January 2013, the Ministry of Justice (MoJ),
Office for National Statistics (ONS) and Home
Office released its first ever joint Official
Statistics bulletin on sexual violence, entitled
An Overview of Sexual Offending in England
and Wales. According to report: Approximately
85,000 women are raped on average in England
and Wales every year. Over 400,000 women are
sexually assaulted each year. One in 5 women
(aged 16 – 59) has experienced some form of
sexual violence since the age of 16.
4. India
India is the place where sexual assault is rapidly
increasing. Rape in India is one of India’s most
common crimes against women. According to
the National Crime Records Bureau 24,923 rape
cases were reported across India in 2012, but
experts agree that the number of unreported
cases of sexual assault brings the total much
higher. Out of these, 24,470 were committed by
parents/family, relatives, neighbors and other
known persons implying that , men known to
the victim committed 98 per cent of reported
rapes. The latest estimates suggest that a new
case of rape is reported every 22 minutes in
India.
3. Sweden
Sweden has the highest incidence of reported
rapes in Europe and one of the highest in the
world. One amongst every four women comes
out to be the victim of rape in Sweden. By 2010,
The Swedish police recorded the highest
number of offences – about 63 per 100,000
inhabitants. The country has third-highest rape
crime in the world. In 2009 there were 15,700
reported sexual offenses in Sweden, a rise of
8% compared to 2008, of which 5,940 were
rape and sexual harassment (including
exhibitionism) accounted for 7,590 reports. In
April 2009, it was reported that sex crimes had
increased by 58% over the previous ten years.
According to a 2009 European Union study,
Sweden has one of the highest rates of reported
rape in Europe. (source)
2. South Africa
The country has one of the highest rates of rape
in the world, with some 65,000 rapes and other
sexual assaults reported for the year 2012. The
incidence of rape has led to the country being
referred to as the “rape capital of the world”.
One in three of the 4,000 women questioned by
the Community of Information, Empowerment
and Transparency said they had been raped in
the past year. More than 25 per cent of South
African men questioned in a survey published
by the Medical Research Council (MRC)
admitted to rape; of those, nearly half said they
had raped more than one person. Three out of
four of those who had admitted rape indicated
that they had attacked for the first time during
their teens. South Africa has amongst the
highest incidences of child and baby rape in the
world. If the rapist is convicted, his prison time
would be around 2 years.
1. United States
The super power of the world is at the first
position in the race of rapes. Males are majorly
the rapist holding a proportion of 99%. Out of
all the victims, 91% are females while 9% are
males. The U.S Bureau of Justice Statistics
states that 91% of rape victims are female and
9% are male, and nearly 99% of rapists are
male. According to the National Violence
Against Women Survey, 1 in 6 U.S. women and
1 in 33 U.S. men has experienced an attempted
or completed rape in their lifetime. More than a
quarter of college-age women report having
experienced a rape or rape attempt since age
14. Out of all, only 16% of the total cases are
reported. Outdoor rape is not common in USA
rather most of the rape cases takes place inside
homes.

Oga, you dont record rape in muslim world because the women are wise enough to not report it. The main time you find a rape case in muslim world is if the girl becomes pregnant afterwards and thus raising suspicion as to how come. That is the major time women confess to have been raped. If not they just swallow the humiliation and hide the shame and carry on with life. Another instance is if she was singke and then her husband finds she was not a virgin if not, She want die? If she addmits rape and the man denies, where are her 4 withnesses? That means her own mouth would have implicated her while no man would agree to the rape charge. Do you know that her very existence would be destroyed if a muslim woman addmits to have been raped? Her own family may kill her( honour killing) or she may be forced to kill herself.
The other countries you listed most rapes take place at the womans house esp by armed robbers so you want to say women should be locked up in bunkers The whole rape thing stems from men not being cautioned for the crime of rape rather the women are blamed. Even if a rapist enters a home and finds the poor woman sleeping in her undies or nude. People will not blame the rapist, they will blane the woman for sleeping nude in her own home. Moslem men rape too. They are not better than other men. All men give themelves long rope while the women are blamed for the lack of self control exhibited by men.
Those countries listed support their women. They allow them report rape without making them feel guilty. The women are bold enough to seek justice. The moslem rape victim is made to feel like she deserved what happened to her, she is made to feel like the devil who seduced the man into her bed. She pays the price for being raped.

1 Like

Re: About Female Dressing: Lessons From The Hijab by ypeace: 9:49am On Dec 13, 2014
freecocoa:
How do you expect to see Muslim countries in the list when women actually get punished for being r*ped in those countries? Duh!
If women actually get punished for a man raping them, don't you think men would do it more. See, because there was a Judas among the Jesus' disciples doesn't prove that Jesus and other disciples are bad. If a man's voice would arouse unlawful desire in females, then it is advisable the man communicates by writing to female......... But do you know about that before? It's not Islamic for any woman to get punished for rape, any country where that is part of its law has at least one nonislamic law. But then can you prove to us any Muslim nation has such law in its constitution?
Re: About Female Dressing: Lessons From The Hijab by aadoiza: 9:50am On Dec 13, 2014
masseratti:
Decent dressing my foot,there are still places in this country where women go around almost stark naked,you don't hear their new complaining of headache or boner,have you being to the beaches and see ladies in bikinis? Do you wonder around with a boner once you have set your eyes on them,all this things is about your mind set and imaginations,let the women have freedom to express themselves anyway they want,we don't own them and need not to lord it over them in the bane of morality or religion,no one dictate to a man what to wear sane must be accord to a woman
Flummery!
Re: About Female Dressing: Lessons From The Hijab by DarryOsh(m): 9:55am On Dec 13, 2014
according to the op
"The Hijab is a veil that covers the head and chest and is particularly worn by a Moslem woman
beyondthe age of puberty in the presence of adult males outside of her immediate family."

in the pictures posted so far, the hijab worn by these supposedly beautiful hijab-adorning women do not cover the chest.
Re: About Female Dressing: Lessons From The Hijab by ypeace: 9:59am On Dec 13, 2014
delishpot:

Oga, you dont record rape in muslim world becausectge women are wise enough to not report it. She want die. If she claimsvraoe and the man denies, where are her 4 withnesses? That means her own mouth would have implicated her while no man would agree to the rape charge. Do you know that her very existence would be destroyed if a muslim woman agree to have been raped?
The other countries you listed most rapes take place at the womans house esp by armed robbers so you want to say women should be locked up in bunkers The whole rape thing stems from men not being cautioned for the crime of rape rather the women are blamed. Even if a rapist enters a home and finds the poor woman sleeping in her undies or nude. People will not blame the rapist, they will blane the woman for sleeping nude in her own home. Moslem men rape too. They are not better than other men. All men give themelves long rope while the women are blamed for the lack of self control exhibited by men.

From your post, we can't get the accurate information about rape in muslim countries. What about non muslim countries, I am very sure rape victims are those who dress like sluts not those who dress like nuns more than 90 percent of the time.
Just like it's hard to hear nuns being raped, it's hard to find modestly dressed girl being raped.........
Re: About Female Dressing: Lessons From The Hijab by aadoiza: 9:59am On Dec 13, 2014
freecocoa:
And I can't get aroused watching that sexy man washing his car with only a boxer short on? Or the man who goes about shirtless? Spare me the double standards please.
I was waiting for this-- you just displayed abject ignorance. You know so little, girl.

1 Like

Re: About Female Dressing: Lessons From The Hijab by ihedinobi2: 10:00am On Dec 13, 2014
texanomaly:
Hijab with style.
Lovely pictures, tex.

I wonder why some of the Muslim women I see here dress like they were mandated to pitch tents on their bodies though. undecided
Re: About Female Dressing: Lessons From The Hijab by delishpot: 10:03am On Dec 13, 2014
ypeace:

From your post, we can't get the accurate information about rape in muslim countries. What about non muslim countries, I am very sure rape victims are those who dress like sluts not those who dress like nuns more than 90 percent of the time.

Well, most rapes I have heard of happen to girls in their hostels at school, married women in their homes right in front of their husbands, daughters on their way to farm, young women in front of their dads etc. Most ashawos dont report rape. They count their loss and move on. Most rapes happen to maids, neices, and daughters by their own male relatives, neighbours, bosses, uncles and strangers some even claim that the 8 year old girl seduced them. Some claim that the girl refused their sexual advances and so they felt insulted, some say its the devil that made them rob and rape their victims. I hardly ever hear of them raping loose women who dress naked.

3 Likes

Re: About Female Dressing: Lessons From The Hijab by ypeace: 10:05am On Dec 13, 2014
DarryOsh:
according to the op
"The Hijab is a veil that covers the head and chest and is particularly worn by a Moslem woman
beyondthe age of puberty in the presence of adult males outside of her immediate family."

in the pictures posted so far, the hijab worn by these supposedly beautiful hijab-adorning women do not cover the chest.
Hijab is not necessarily a single cloth. You can cut and fashion it anyhow as long as it covers erotic part and does not arouse unlawful desire in the opposite sex.
Re: About Female Dressing: Lessons From The Hijab by honeric01(m): 10:07am On Dec 13, 2014
freecocoa:

This analogy is a bit low dear, men washing their cars in boxer shouldn't be compared with women going to events, school, church, everywhere and anywhere with revealing clothes.. were you expecting men washing their cars to wear suit or agbada?
Re: About Female Dressing: Lessons From The Hijab by ypeace: 10:10am On Dec 13, 2014
delishpot:

Well, most rapes I have heard of happens to girls in their hostels at school, married women in their homes right in front of their husbands, daughters on their way to farm, young women in front of their dads etc. Most ashawos dont report rape. They count their loss and move on. Most rapes happen to maids, neices, and daughters by their own male relatives, neighbours, bosses, uncles and strangers some even claim that the 8 year old girl seduced them. Some claim that the girl refused their sexual advances and so they felt insulted, some say its the devil that made them rob and rape their victims. I hardly ever hear of them raping loose women who dress naked.
domestic rape...... This happens between pple who constantly expose their erotic part to one another. Armed men are under the influence of an external factor not necessarily dressing.
Re: About Female Dressing: Lessons From The Hijab by ypeace: 10:13am On Dec 13, 2014
honeric01:

This analogy is a bit low dear, men washing their cars in boxer shouldn't be compared with women going to events, school, church, everywhere and anywhere with revealing clothes.. were you expecting men washing their cars to wear suit or agbada?

If it's true men in boxers arouse women........ I don't think the best option is women wearing pant.......... But make the society a better place by cautioning the men.
Re: About Female Dressing: Lessons From The Hijab by Nobody: 10:13am On Dec 13, 2014
I'm not a muslim but I'm a huge fan of the hijab(permit me to use that word) and I love it when I see hijabi girls still looking very stylish
Re: About Female Dressing: Lessons From The Hijab by delishpot: 10:15am On Dec 13, 2014
ypeace:
domestic rape...... This happens between pple who constantly expose their erotic part to one another. Armed men are under the influence of an external factor not necessarily dressing.

So those are not rapes? I dont get your point. I no get power to argue sef. Rape is rape, there is no where people expose erotic parts to each other and then say they are raped. If you cone my house show your boobies at me or get naked and lay on my bed, will you claim I raped you? There is nothing like domestic rape or nirmal rape. What I may even give as domestic rape is when husbabd and wife rape each other. Any other rape is rape and it happens in muslim world it just isnt recorded or reported.
Some time in the news a rape victime was forced to marry her rapist or face being flogged as punishment for the crime commited against her. Use google and find rape victim in the middle east or in islamic world. Is that not encouraging the men? Even now, you are sonehow okaying rape if the woman is percieved to be dressing provocatively. Two wrongs can never make anything right.
Re: About Female Dressing: Lessons From The Hijab by honeric01(m): 10:15am On Dec 13, 2014
ypeace:

If it's true men in boxers arouse women........ I don't think the best option is women wearing pant.......... But make the society a better place by cautioning the men.

Until she can show us where men wear boxers or go shirtless to church, school, events or anywhere, her defense is weak.
Re: About Female Dressing: Lessons From The Hijab by ypeace: 10:17am On Dec 13, 2014
Nobody is denying the fact that dressing is not the ONLY factor but denying the fact that it is not part of the factor is like denying that there was once a Judas........ Modified
Re: About Female Dressing: Lessons From The Hijab by MalcoImX: 10:21am On Dec 13, 2014
delishpot:

Well, most rapes I have heard of happens to girls in their hostels at school, married women in their homes right in front of their husbands, daughters on their way to farm, young women in front of their dads etc. Most ashawos dont report rape. They count their loss and move on. Most rapes happen to maids, neices, and daughters by their own male relatives, neighbours, bosses, uncles and strangers some even claim that the 8 year old girl seduced them. Some claim that the girl refused their sexual advances and so they felt insulted, some say its the devil that made them rob and rape their victims. I hardly ever hear of them raping loose women who dress naked.
The loose ones having exposed themselves would definitely be raped, especially if the location is 'safe.'
Re: About Female Dressing: Lessons From The Hijab by Joslyn(f): 10:21am On Dec 13, 2014
They also use the hijab to steal,served in kebbi,were a woman wearing a conopy_like hijab stole my purse.
Re: About Female Dressing: Lessons From The Hijab by ypeace: 10:22am On Dec 13, 2014
delishpot:

So those are not rapes? I dont get your point. I no get power to argue sef. Rape is rape, there is no where people expose erotic parts to each other and then say they are raped. If you cone my house show your boobies at me or get naked and lay on my bed, will you claim I raped you? There is nothing like domestic rape or nirmal rape. What I may even give as domestic rape is when husbabd and wife rape each other. Any other rape is rape and it happens in muslim world it just isnt recorded or reported.
Some time in the news a rape victime was forced to marry her rapist or face being flogged as punishment for the crime commited against her. Use google and find rape victim in the middle east or in islamic world. Is that not encouraging the men? Even now, you are sonehow okaying rape if the woman is percieved to be dressing provocatively. Two wrongs can never make anything right.
the way a lady dress is not part of the factors influencing rape right?
Re: About Female Dressing: Lessons From The Hijab by delishpot: 10:23am On Dec 13, 2014
ypeace:
Nobody is denying the fact that dressing is not the ONLY factor but denying the fact that it is not part of the factor is like denying that there was once a Judas........ Modified

True that. Women need to cap it. Its a shame what some women put on. I strongly beleieve those goat headed ones should be made to clean gutters as punishment when caught. But I will not impose the hijab or impose a particular type of dress. Just make surr no bum or boobs or thighs or side boob is exposed same goes for men. No singlets, open chest or open legs outside the home.
Re: About Female Dressing: Lessons From The Hijab by delishpot: 10:29am On Dec 13, 2014
ypeace:
the way a lady dress is not part of the factors influencing rape right?

I don tire. I no get power argue all over gain. I clearly stated in my first post how I felt about womens clothes and I ckearly stated that most women who are rape victims were not rapped cos of what they were putting on. I gave instances of the rape happening. I can not change the record just to add your belief that all girls get raped because they dressed provocatively.
If you follow the news you will know about where and how most rapes happen and can conclude if it happened when the woman was walking naked in the street or if it happened to women who were rapped by relatives, close friends or just plain strangers who break into homes or hostels to rob.
Re: About Female Dressing: Lessons From The Hijab by Nobody: 10:30am On Dec 13, 2014
honeric01:

There is something you don't understand about the mind, the mind gets interested in things that are partly revealed, the mind wants to know the full details of everything, hence the reason we get to lust after half naked women.

When everything is in the full, the interest reduces because there's nothing else to uncover..

In the old too, too much publicity was not given to sex and women, everyone was more concerned about survival unlike now..

Lastly, no idolizing of sexuality then, unlike now that sex is what sells almost everything on earth.
Could the fact that our generation is generally more covered(Those exposing a lot are fewer, mostly limited to urban centers) have something to do with it?

@Ihedinobi2 @infomizer
Re: About Female Dressing: Lessons From The Hijab by MalcoImX: 10:31am On Dec 13, 2014
Joslyn:
They also use the hijab to steal,served in kebbi,were a woman wearing a conopy_like hijab stole my purse.
Anything can be abused. Some use their GSM phones making up numbers, looking for easy women. Can the phone be blamed?
Re: About Female Dressing: Lessons From The Hijab by ypeace: 10:31am On Dec 13, 2014
@delishpot have you tasted an environment where women dress in a modest way before? Not necessarily an Islamic way.......... Please if you haven't, try and experiment it, I am sure it won't harm you to experiment.
Re: About Female Dressing: Lessons From The Hijab by delishpot: 10:31am On Dec 13, 2014
MalcoImX:
The loose ones having exposed themselves would definitely be raped, especially if the location is 'safe.'

Funy enough those ones dont get rapped easily. Those ones are free givers and will only cry rape when you dont pay well. So most of thise rapes are not recorded cos the girls never complain.
Re: About Female Dressing: Lessons From The Hijab by ypeace: 10:44am On Dec 13, 2014
delishpot:

I don tire. I no get power argue all over gain. I clearly stated in my first post how I felt about womens clothes and I ckearly stated that most women who are rape victims were not rapped cos of what they were putting on. I gave instances of the rape happening. I can not change the record just to add your belief that all girls get raped because they dressed provocatively.
If you follow the news you will know about where and how most rapes happen and can conclude if it happened when the woman was walking naked in the street or if it happened to women who were rapped by relatives, close friends or just plain strangers who break into homes or hostels to rob.
I agree with you. Not being raped is not the only benefit of dressing modesty just like dressing modestly is not the only solution to rape.

1 Like

Re: About Female Dressing: Lessons From The Hijab by Nobody: 10:46am On Dec 13, 2014
ypeace:

Just like it's hard to hear nuns being raped, it's hard to find modestly dressed girl being raped.........
Rapists are psychos. Ive seen many cases where kids as young as five are raped, kids excessively covered in their school uniforms.

1 Like

Re: About Female Dressing: Lessons From The Hijab by MalcoImX: 10:46am On Dec 13, 2014
delishpot:

Funy enough those ones dont get rapped easily. Those ones are free givers and will only cry rape when you dont pay well. So most of thise rapes are not recorded cos the girls never complain.
Partly true. But I've heard of a man who divorced his wife on the belief that you can hardly rape a woman without her consenting. What do you say to this? At least, your argument is leaning towards the loose ones have also some capacity to defend themselves.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Creative Braided Hairstyles For Little Girls / 27 Big Braids Hairstyles To Inspire Your Next "Do" / Good Cream For An Oily Skin

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 83
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.