Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,343 members, 7,811,992 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 05:23 AM

About Female Dressing: Lessons From The Hijab - Fashion (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Fashion / About Female Dressing: Lessons From The Hijab (23762 Views)

Girl Slammed For Flaunting Curves In Hijab / Hijarbie: Haneefah Adam's 'Hijab Chick Barbie' / Girls Blasted For Exposing Cleavage In Hijab [PICS] (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: About Female Dressing: Lessons From The Hijab by delishpot: 12:24pm On Dec 13, 2014
ypeace:
fine. I think the purpose of this post is to encourage our muslim women to use the Islamic style... Ijab...... Rather than getting swept off by the tides of shorts, mini skirts etc which is common today. Portraying it as the only solution to rape, I myself do not agree to that..........

Yeah we are on the same page. I was only against the OP saying all women should be made to wear the hijab. My own o, if a woman wants it then by all neans go for it but.....the hijab is not the only modest way a woman can dress and it should not be imposed on all our women. We have kaftans, we have boubous, we have nice tops, jackets, decent trousers and tops that any woman will look good and decent in.
Its well sha. I support war against Ashawo dressing.
Re: About Female Dressing: Lessons From The Hijab by delishpot: 12:27pm On Dec 13, 2014
MalcoImX:
The culprit must pay. But I also expect the victims to put up a fight.

Most women do. Most are over powered, most are threatened with death before, during and after the rape
Re: About Female Dressing: Lessons From The Hijab by delishpot: 12:29pm On Dec 13, 2014
ypeace:
what the link gave me is page loading........ Please provide one that would give me what I ll gain from. Curiously waiting. Thanks.

Ok

Ehmm bros, even ne sef the network wouldnt let me open or post the links. Any how, just google the koran and women veil. You will see how diff muslims interprete it.
Re: About Female Dressing: Lessons From The Hijab by laykhorn(m): 12:31pm On Dec 13, 2014
ihedinobi2:
Please note that the following is NOT a religious post. It is a writer's thoughts about female decorum in dressing.

Source:www.ngrguardiannews.com/features/youth-speak/189587-the-beauty-and-moral-of-hijabs

Re: About Female Dressing: Lessons From The Hijab by laykhorn(m): 12:35pm On Dec 13, 2014
texanomaly:
beautiful pictures you put up. Which of them is texanomaly?
Re: About Female Dressing: Lessons From The Hijab by MalcoImX: 12:44pm On Dec 13, 2014
delishpot:

Most women do. Most are over powered, most are threatened with death before, during and after the rape
The law is not helping them. We should lend our voices to those seeking castration for rape offenders.
http://www.naij.com/63888.html

1 Like

Re: About Female Dressing: Lessons From The Hijab by delishpot: 12:55pm On Dec 13, 2014
MalcoImX:
The law is not helping them. We should lend our voices to those seeking castration for rape offenders.
http://www.naij.com/63888.html

I agree with that but it should be only applied to those who are guilty beyound reasonable doubt. Cos castration is a one time operation and if the person was wrongly acused shocked shocked sad that na gobe o.
Yes they should be punished but the castration one should be reserved for those caught in the act, those who were proven to be rapist beyound doubt and serial rapist too.
Other than that, lengthy years behind bars with very hard labour is good enough.
Re: About Female Dressing: Lessons From The Hijab by texanomaly(f): 1:23pm On Dec 13, 2014
ihedinobi2:

Lovely pictures, tex.

I wonder why some of the Muslim women I see here dress like they were mandated to pitch tents on their bodies though. undecided

Because they do not display their bodies in public. They save that for their husbands.

The women are fully covered, yet they still show their own personalities, maintain modesty and dress fashionably. Women who can pull that off should be commended, whether they be Muslim or Christian.
Re: About Female Dressing: Lessons From The Hijab by Nobody: 1:24pm On Dec 13, 2014
@Infomizer

Well put.
Re: About Female Dressing: Lessons From The Hijab by tbaba1234: 1:45pm On Dec 13, 2014
ypeace:
what the link gave me is page loading........ Please provide one that would give me what I ll gain from. Curiously waiting. Thanks.

The hijab is an obligation on the muslim woman that is mature enough. It is one thing to say, one is not yet ready to put it on, but it is a clear Quranic injunction.

The Quranic word used is Khimar, hijab is what muslims have popularised it as.

In pre Islamic Arabia, the women wore head scarfs, but that was about it. Parts of the bosom was left exposed.

The Quran ordered believing women to draw this covering over the bosoms. As a result, Muslim women are required to cover these parts of their body.

It is a requirement for Muslim women except the young or the old because it is a direct command.

The above is for those claiming historical knowledge. It is an Islamic wear.

For the sisters, who do not have the courage or Iman to wear it. I pray Allah helps you.

The hijab is a sign of obedience. IT IS AN ISLAMIC INJUNCTION.

And tell believing women that they should lower their glances, guard their private parts, and not display their charms beyond what [it is acceptable] to reveal;a [i]they should let their headscarves fall to cover their necklines and not reveal their charms except to their husbands, their fathers, their husbands’ fathers, their sons, their husbands’ sons, their brothers, their brothers’ sons, their sisters’ sons, their womenfolk, their slaves, such men as attend them who have no sexual desire, or children who are not yet aware of women’s unclothedness; they should not stamp their feet so as to draw attention to any hidden charms. Believers, all of you, turn to God so that you may prosper. (Surah 24:31)[/i]

1 Like

Re: About Female Dressing: Lessons From The Hijab by freecocoa(f): 2:02pm On Dec 13, 2014
honeric01:

This analogy is a bit low dear, men washing their cars in boxer shouldn't be compared with women going to events, school, church, everywhere and anywhere with revealing clothes.. were you expecting men washing their cars to wear suit or agbada?
grin @ wearing suits and agbada.

Was just trying to say women can get turned on by sight too, how about those men that wear body hugging outfits? Those ones that wear singlet like tops nko with all their muscles showing, you want to say you haven't noticed that the way men dress these days have changed from what it used to just like women?

1 Like

Re: About Female Dressing: Lessons From The Hijab by freecocoa(f): 2:08pm On Dec 13, 2014
aadoiza:

I was waiting for this-- you just displayed abject ignorance. You know so little, girl.
And you know so much, old man.
Re: About Female Dressing: Lessons From The Hijab by Poindexter: 3:03pm On Dec 13, 2014
@op God bless you for sharing this. It is refreshing to see that people still lend their minds to think and see things in proper and decent ways.

1 Like

Re: About Female Dressing: Lessons From The Hijab by ALISMILE(m): 3:12pm On Dec 13, 2014
Habeebpain:

Not until next year April I guess. You could try reading the books or seeing The Flash, Gotham or Marvel's Agents of Shield.
Txn bro
Re: About Female Dressing: Lessons From The Hijab by ALISMILE(m): 3:27pm On Dec 13, 2014
Habeebpain:

Not until next year April I guess. You could try reading the books or seeing The Flash, Gotham or Marvel's Agents of Shield.
The Flash, Gotham
or Marvel's Agents of Shield. Are these ones films like Game of Thrones? Are they as interesting?
Re: About Female Dressing: Lessons From The Hijab by owolawitola(f): 3:57pm On Dec 13, 2014
At times, its also cause of their husbands! But okay
tbaba1234:

Untrue, some do, not alll.

Many times, it is a personal decision. The niqab is also an islamic practise. Many do it as a result of personal convictions and an act of worship not because of any man.
Re: About Female Dressing: Lessons From The Hijab by EejaNla01(m): 3:58pm On Dec 13, 2014
our today women are hell bent on dressing indecently,they derive pleasure in men lusting over their body,men chasing them with heavy cash and attention they get,so expect them to counter the op with silly excuses
how weak can a lady get seeing men on boxers compared to bum short,leggings etc
we all know men are visual being,at the sight of a sexy lady different thoughts goes in his mind while women takes longer and emotions to start having the thoughts and desire..

What a spoilt word!
Re: About Female Dressing: Lessons From The Hijab by honeric01(m): 4:38pm On Dec 13, 2014
freecocoa:
grin @ wearing suits and agbada.

Was just trying to say women can get turned on by sight too, how about those men that wear body hugging outfits? Those ones that wear singlet like tops nko with all their muscles showing, you want to say you haven't noticed that the way men dress these days have changed from what it used to just like women?

Naaa, the comparison is a bit far fetched, and those who wear singlet kind of shirt to events are minute compared to the number of women that wear revealing clothes.. you know this na.
Re: About Female Dressing: Lessons From The Hijab by lobell: 5:46pm On Dec 13, 2014
texanomaly:

Because they do not display their bodies in public. They save that for their husbands.

The women are fully covered, yet they still show their own personalities, maintain modesty and dress fashionably. Women who can pull that off should be commended, whether they be Muslim or Christian.

it is laughable to say they save their bodies for their husbands. well, my house help 'took a leave of absence the whole of August (2014) becos she had to abort a pregnancy meanwhile her hijab dey sweep ground. there are several others like dat. keep deceiving yourself. thou I dont see anytin wrong with hijab. I vail-up somtimes 2.

1 Like

Re: About Female Dressing: Lessons From The Hijab by ypeace: 6:20pm On Dec 13, 2014
tbaba1234:

The hijab is an obligation on the muslim woman that is mature enough. It is one thing to say, one is not yet ready to put it on, but it is a clear Quranic injunction.

The Quranic word used is Khimar, hijab is what muslims have popularised it as.

In pre Islamic Arabia, the women wore head scarfs, but that was about it. Parts of the bosom was left exposed.

The Quran ordered believing women to draw this covering over the bosoms. As a result, Muslim women are required to cover these parts of their body.

It is a requirement for Muslim women except the young or the old because it is a direct command.

The above is for those claiming historical knowledge. It is an Islamic wear.

For the sisters, who do not have the courage or Iman to wear it. I pray Allah helps you.

The hijab is a sign of obedience. IT IS AN ISLAMIC INJUNCTION.

And tell believing women that they should lower their glances, guard their private parts, and not display their charms beyond what [it is acceptable] to reveal;a [i]they should let their headscarves fall to cover their necklines and not reveal their charms except to their husbands, their fathers, their husbands’ fathers, their sons, their husbands’ sons, their brothers, their brothers’ sons, their sisters’ sons, their womenfolk, their slaves, such men as attend them who have no sexual desire, or children who are not yet aware of women’s unclothedness; they should not stamp their feet so as to draw attention to any hidden charms. Believers, all of you, turn to God so that you may prosper. (Surah 24:31)[/i]
The word use is khimar. If a woman dresses like a nun, with socks and gloves for eg. (I know muslims are not suppose to copy non muslims). Is she breaking the law as it's in the quran or hadith? Or simply put
If a type of clothing can achieve this......... Must it necessarily include ijab.
Or maybe I am the one who doesn't know what an ijab is, does ijab include the type which nun uses? I will really like to learn more please.
Re: About Female Dressing: Lessons From The Hijab by texanomaly(f): 6:47pm On Dec 13, 2014
lobell:

it is laughable to say they save their bodies for their husbands. well, my house help 'took a leave of absence the whole of August (2014) becos she had to abort a pregnancy meanwhile her hijab dey sweep ground. there are several others like dat. keep deceiving yourself. thou I dont see anytin wrong with hijab. I vail-up somtimes 2.

There are those who don't truly live their beliefs in every religion. I don't judge others beliefs on the acts of a few.

2 Likes

Re: About Female Dressing: Lessons From The Hijab by cococandy(f): 8:30pm On Dec 13, 2014
after two months in Zamfara, my libido had
dropped a great notch. I could pass for a monk in
thought and deed. These ladies were graciously
and totally wrapped. No curves to behold, no
stray cleavage and bra strap, no busts, no bum;
nothing to mess with your head or thoughts and
get your mind trying to figure out whatever is
under that see-through top. Living there had
some sort of purging effect on my sight and
consequently my mind. ]
Bla bla bla. Why are the men over there mot blessed with low libidos?
They marry more than one wife with harems and even divorce older wives to make way for newer fresher wives. Men in that side of our nation are unarguably the most libidinous of the lot. I wonder why the hijab isn't helping them keep their lust in check

1 Like

Re: About Female Dressing: Lessons From The Hijab by ihedinobi2: 9:15pm On Dec 13, 2014
texanomaly:

I don't mean that they are fully covered. I mean that they look like they're wearing curtains. The ones you posted are fully covered and still attractive.

I've seen Christian ladies who cover up and still look so good too. But the default seems to be to tantalize the senses.
Re: About Female Dressing: Lessons From The Hijab by Habeebpain(m): 11:01pm On Dec 13, 2014
ALISMILE:
The Flash, Gotham
or Marvel's Agents of Shield. Are these ones films like Game of Thrones? Are they as interesting?

They're series just like Game of Thrones.
Re: About Female Dressing: Lessons From The Hijab by Sissie(f): 7:46am On Dec 14, 2014
cococandy:

Bla bla bla. Why are the men over there mot blessed with low libidos?
They marry more than one wife with harems and even divorce older wives to make way for newer fresher wives. Men in that side of our nation are unarguably the most libidinous of the lot. I wonder why the hijab isn't helping them keep their lust in check

You posted with so much certainty. They or some? Majority or minority?
Have you even been to that side of the nation?
Or that's what you see in the media?

I guess men in the south marry just one and stay stay faithful undecided

2 Likes

Re: About Female Dressing: Lessons From The Hijab by cococandy(f): 2:20pm On Dec 14, 2014
Sissie:

You posted with so much certainty. They or some? Majority or minority?
Have you even been to that side of the nation?
Or that's what you see in the media?

I guess men in the south marry just one and stay stay faithful undecided
yes I have.

No the men in the south are not saints but they don't blame it on us not wearing hijabs. My opinion is that according to the writer,If seeing women swearing hijabs kept his lustful thoughts in check,I wonder why the men over there aren't satisfied with one woman. Means the hijab ain't doing nothing to curtail their lust. So the writer can stop peddling FALSEHOOD

7 Likes

Re: About Female Dressing: Lessons From The Hijab by Nobody: 7:47pm On Jun 01, 2019
I'm in! cheesy

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Creative Braided Hairstyles For Little Girls / 27 Big Braids Hairstyles To Inspire Your Next "Do" / Good Cream For An Oily Skin

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.